SM UU Beta (Mewnium Z, Staraptor, Victini banned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moutemoute

Error 404
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Zard Y and KyuB are gone, good riddance.

I don't care that UU was in Alpha - that was unacceptable that blatantly OU mons were allowed there.
Oh yeah, and what are Volcanion, Scizor, Serperior and the Lati Twins still doing in the tier? Lmao get them out, they're blatantly OU too!

Don't forget we're not anymore in 6G.. now it's 7G's Time and for sure, there will be a lot of change with the past metagame and the actual one.
Some Pokemon will be ban for sure but a lot of them will probably stay and will not be broken.

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Zard Y and KyuB are gone, good riddance.

I don't care that UU was in Alpha - that was unacceptable that blatantly OU mons were allowed there.
Oh yeah, and what are Volcanion, Scizor, Serperior and the Lati Twins still doing in the tier? Lmao get them out, they're blatantly OU too!
Hey, welcome to UU. Every generation, tiers observe a power creep that separates them from the generation before. The decision to make certain things quickbanned or subsequently BL is heavily relied upon the state of the meta and whether or not diversity and versatility can be explored with the Pokemon available. If certain Pokemon are clearly centralizing over others, action needs to be taken to ensure that the tiers works towards the goal of rewarding skillful play.

For example, in 5, there's no way Reuniclus would've been UU. In Gen 6, stronger threats appeared that allowed Reuniclus to fit the common UU mould in a comfortable, viable, role. Our relationship with Gen 6's Pokemon are more or less over. Now that Gen 7 is our muse, we may very well see stuff like Volcanion or Latias remain. Fun to note that Latias was around during XY UU Beta, and it probably would've remained if not for OU Usage. Sometimes, old OU threats becoming UU is a great thing and allows us to play with mons we couldn't before.

Anyway, long story short, this is a new gen, a new UU, and nothing is "blatantly" broken aside from what's been banned, notwithstanding a couple of premier threats that will likely be looked at this week (i.e. dragonite, mence, weavile). Hope that clears things up.

Oh, thank god. Those two mons alone made me hate UU as it was.
And Jirachi. OU is useful for once.

Could you guys do a complex ban for Baton Pass where it doesn't pass any boosts? It's a really useful momentum grabber on some Pokemon I use and I'd hate to lose it.
I'm pretty sure nobody wants a complex ban. Just banning the move as a whole makes things easier, not to mention there's more of a precedent of not having complex bans as opposed to that.

Just a few thoughts on the few things I've seen.

Zydoge - Surprisingly scary. Being in a nice speed tier with a decent attack stat makes Band sets very scary, and with Mamo rising one of the more powerful Ice Shard users went poof, meaning that something like Outrage + Espeed + Thousand Arrows or whatever could work wonders right now. On a related note, somebody let me know if that's legal.

Scizor - I've actually wanted this in UU for a long time. It's strong, yeah, but it's also not very fast. I can see how people might not like it, but it's still a threat that can be managed. Time for Scarf HP Fire Celebi, anybody?

Latias - Lol.

Serperior - Slightly more and less manageable at the same time. Scary if it gets a boost, yeah, and that speed + half-decent bulk + no drawback leaf storm make it like Moxie Mence in how it works. At the same time, the speed isn't inpossible to deal with, and the two fastest Flying Types can both chunk it pretty decently. (Somebody check Sky Plate Crobat and Aerial Ace MAero, I think the latter does ~50-60.)

Torn-T - Dear fucking god. This thing in UU is going to be the death of anything that can't ohko it. Being able to pivot in and out with a blistering speed and Regenerator makes it very annoying. Luckily, no Roost, but doesn't make it any less annoying.

Thundurus/T - Another thing that can be scary. Agility Thund-T can ruin somebody's day playing offense, while Prankster Thundy can TWave everything and just be annoying. But they both have a poor set of resistances, with the only immunity Electric gains is Ground which often carries Stone Edge anyways. This one I can see becoming a staple, probably S-Rank if they stay.

Sacri'

the end is here
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Most interesting drop in my opinion (P-Z & Bisharp are clearly more dangerous but i'll get to that later). Considering how fast and offensive paced the tier is I feel like a sturdy wall is more than welcome. While I don't doubt the offensives teams ability to overload this it stills checks a lot of offensive mons pretty well, namely Volcarona, most Aerodactyl variants, Scizor (you don't actually counter it because you rely on whirlwind) & most physical attackers not named Azumarill or Breloom. It can also help vs Dragonite to a lesser extent, +1 Z does around 75s so its not an ideal situation but it still deals better with it than about any other 'mon in the tier. It's also one of the few bulky mons that takes a +2 Bisharp hit relatively well. It's also our only good rocker with a reliable mean of recovery so that's always great.

I didn't think much of Tang leaving at first but it's actually rather annoying. This thing was one of the few good pivots which could take on Azumarill and Keldeo to a lesser extent. I felt like Tangrowth brought a lot to Alpha because of it's ability to take many different things relatively well. We still have got Amoonguss which is a bit more passive and Latias for Keldeo (which gets a bit better because of Muk leaving but Bisharp traps it too so it's still annoying).

Welp both are extremely good and I think it'll be pretty hard to take them on, Porygon-Z especially seems incredibly hard to wall or even revenge kill in some cases. For Bisharp I suppose we have got Hippodown & Keldeo but I'm having trouble to believe it'll be enough to make it bearable in the tier. Both of them still need to set up to become really threatening so I guess you can always try to prevent them from setting up.

Breloom takes care of PZ (pre conversion) and revenge kills Bisharp so I suppose these drops have increased it's viability a bit. It also destroys Hippodown which is much appreciated for HOs, Tech Mach Punch in general is extremely good and Bullet Seed does an ok job at wallbreaking vs most of the 'mons not called Amoonguss. Overall one of the best 'mons we have got right now, both Dragonite & Mence beat it fearly easily although they can't afford switching in because of Spore.

(let's pretend this is alolan)

Alpha UU's best Pursuit user leaving means a rise for Latias (which also lost a check in Jirachi), Alakazam & Gengar. This is a bit mitigated by Bisharp dropping but despites being more threatening it's usually too frail to actually switch versus the aforementioned threats. Weavile is still around the corner though, so I wouldn't expect a massive rise for them but I still thought this was worth mentioning. Muk was overall a really solid addition to the tier without completely destroying it so it's early departure makes me rather sad.

Lol this shift, rain teams are loving this :p Also the Bisharp and Porygon-Z drops make me think the metagame is going to be Hyper Offense again. But we'll see^^

Dragonite just lost 3 revenge killers!! Wow. No more scarf rachi, scarf kyube, mamoswine.

Isn`t it possible just to ban BP+Speed Boost like in ORAS, I don`t really find it justified to blatantly ban a move that is definitely not broken only because of 1 or 2 good cores abusing it. As well I don`t really understand why Baton Pass has been kicked out of a tier where Latias, Scizor and Serperior are allowed to roam.

Zydoge - Surprisingly scary. Being in a nice speed tier with a decent attack stat makes Band sets very scary, and with Mamo rising one of the more powerful Ice Shard users went poof, meaning that something like Outrage + Espeed + Thousand Arrows or whatever could work wonders right now. On a related note, somebody let me know if that's legal.
Yes, it's legal. Thousand Arrows, Thousand Waves, Extreme Speed, and Dragon Dance can be taught via the Zygarde cube (effectively a Zygarde-only move tutor in your inventory) so there are no relevant moveset restrictions on Zygarde in gen 7.

Been using it myself (both in alpha and now beta) and it's exactly what it looks like on paper. You just slap a choice band on it and let 'er rip, because for the most part you'll just be clicking Thousand Arrows.

Isn`t it possible just to ban BP+Speed Boost like in ORAS, I don`t really find it justified to blatantly ban a move that is definitely not broken only because of 1 or 2 good cores abusing it. As well I don`t really understand why Baton Pass has been kicked out of a tier where Latias, Scizor and Serperior are allowed to roam.
Fact of the matter is that BP is just consistently unhealthy across almost every meta. Most tiers have have some sort of restriction on BP if not an outright ban and they do it for a good reason.

After playing around a bit, and watching some friends play on top of that, I want to share some of my opinions. Please note that these are very, very early, and in great parts still based on the Alpha, but I believe them to hold true nonetheless.

@ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb
- Spore

There might be better sets to run, but the sash has been surprisingly amazing. Volcaronas tried to remove it, but I just hung on and Rock Tomb'd them. Spore is great utility, and sporing threats that don't expect to get spored early can open up a whole new game dynamic. Mach Punch is, of course, great priority and has helped me revenge kill a great deal of mons. Bullet Seed can still deal decent chunks of damage, assuming one can get more than 2 hits... which, sadly, doesn't seem to be the case for me a lot. Either way, this has opened up some holes in opposing teams for other Pokémon, mainly Scizor, to exploit, and I'd recommend this in a heartbeat.

@ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

I don't feel the need for recovery a lot, since I run a rather offensive team and the additional coverage has been paying off. I only really defog in case of Spikes or Toxic Spikes, since those can ruin my day, so hitting hard has been prioritized and boy does it do that! I've also seen quite a bit of Forretress, which have been rather unsuccessful, and Scizor, trying to take advantage of the fact that most Latias cannot hurt them. Well, too bad, mine could. This in particular has been helpful for Breloom since there was another fat grass resist gone. Psyshock also dents fairies quite a bit, but I've run into a Florges and that sadly doesn't get 2HKO'd after rocks. But eh, I have other slots to cover fairies more efficiently and the momentum is nice. Overall, another really nice mon.

@ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash

This mon has been, dare I say it, a bit disappointing. Its priority is nice, the strong Knock Off is nice, and Pursuit is nice - even if people don't switch, I still dent the mon I want to dent. But most of the time, I've doubled into this early game, defeated something with it and then switched out, only to sack this lategame as it didn't do much else. It kind of accomplished its job, but I was hoping it'd do a bit more. That's not to say this mon is not good - I've seen it run through teams in the alpha, and I've seen it remove vital members of a team allowing Keldeo/Breloom to go in. I've also seen and used Poison Jab in the alpha to scare Azumarill, which seemed better than Pursuit to me, so maybe I should give that a try again.

On the matter of Azumarill, it's quite hilarious that you can Belly Drum on a switch / a passive mon, and then Z Belly Drum to restore all of your health. That's of course very situational, but it's been rather funny when it worked. Z Belly Drum is really scary anyhow, and I'm always trying to make sure this monster doesn't get any free turns. It's not Skystrike Dragonite or Skystrike Salamence that scares me the most in the current meta, it's this thing because it can spiral games out of control really quickly.

The entirety of Gen 6 was spent attempting to save BP without it being too awful to deal with. Even with the many complex bans applied to it, we still ended ORAS with the council having to decide whether or not to apply yet another complex ban to it or to ban it altogether (the latter was chosen). BP+speed still wasn't enough last gen; now that we have Z-Status moves to deal with with and even more passers as well as more dangerous receivers, there's no way that'd work out now. Some mons suffer due to the inability to dry pass (specs Sylveon comes to mind), but I'm guessing a lot of people don't want to have to deal with a new BP team running through the tier after every shift.

@ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

I don't feel the need for recovery a lot, since I run a rather offensive team and the additional coverage has been paying off. I only really defog in case of Spikes or Toxic Spikes, since those can ruin my day, so hitting hard has been prioritized and boy does it do that! I've also seen quite a bit of Forretress, which have been rather unsuccessful, and Scizor, trying to take advantage of the fact that most Latias cannot hurt them. Well, too bad, mine could. This in particular has been helpful for Breloom since there was another fat grass resist gone. Psyshock also dents fairies quite a bit, but I've run into a Florges and that sadly doesn't get 2HKO'd after rocks. But eh, I have other slots to cover fairies more efficiently and the momentum is nice. Overall, another really nice mon.
Now that Soul Dew is nerfed/legal, can't you just slap that on it instead of LO?

nvm, just checked the calc

252 SpA Latias Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Scizor: 284-336 (82.7 - 97.9%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

You'll probably want LO, especially for the bulkier builds of Scizor

Last edited:
Everybody bring a Slowbro (or King) because there's gonna be hella Keldeo's in this bitch. Should be better with the quickbans but we'll see.

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I wouldn't be too concerned with Keldeo as of now to be honest. There are a lot of things in the tier that keep it in check: Latias, Starmie, Gyarados, Amoonguss, Azumarill and Primarina are all perfectly viable in this format and can deal with it just fine. Choice locked Keldeo has to be very cautious what move it looks itself into because stuff like Salamence and Dragonite, who are everywhere right now, can easily take advantage of it and set up. Outspeeding non-Scarf variants it is not a problem either: Mega Aerodactyl, Serperior, Tornadus-Therian, Alakazam, Raikou and Latios are all common; they outspeed and OHKO it. The Keldeo set I see doing the most work at the moment is actually Scarf, because of its ability to deal with offense, which, unsurprisingly, is the dominant playstyle. Right know I'm quite happy that Keldeo is in the tier because it can check 3 huge threats in 1 slot: Scizor, Bisharp and Weavile. Especially the latter is a much bigger concern than Keldeo in my opinion, but since the meta is still developing I wouldn't be too hasty with ban requests.

Other stuff that I can see getting the boot in the foreseeable future are Azumarill, Terrakion, Dragonite and Volcarona. They're all incredible at what they do.

Maybe a little too incredible, but we'll see.

This meta is looking really fun. The composition of this UU beta reminds me of DPPtHGSS OU + fallen gen 5+6 stuff, which is probably the highest compliment I can pay to a new meta. That being said I think it's pretty important to understand that the power creep this generation will hit the lower tiers very hard and is inevitable (or even welcome!).

I'm still going to use pyuku, alomomola & friends a lot: the most important thing about UU is that it has been and always shall be Bulky Waters: the Tier.

I've been able to make a great core out of Bisharp, Slowbro, Zygarde 10%, and Tornadus. It was made originally to mainly counter the threat of Keldeo, but after play a few games with it, I've realized how strong it could be. Note that this is still very early in the UU Alpha stage, nor am I that good of a player. <:)

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off/ Low Kick/ Swords Dance

------------------------------

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock
- Scald
- Slack Off
Alternatively:

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock /Ice Beam
- Scald
- Slack Off / Iron Defense

Zygarde-10% @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Extremespeed

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Heat Wave / Focus Blast / Superpower
- Hurricane
- Knock Off

Together, they cover a lot of weaknesses of each other. Bisharp makes use of a pursuit trapping as pressure, but works well by taking care of fairy types so that there's no harm in using Outrage on Zygarde 10% The trapping puts a check on a lot of fast mons like Lati@s, Gengar, Alakazam, and even Raikou. It makes for a great check to most fairies and a great trapper, but can sometimes get out-classed by Weavile in speed, which might be a good idea if you can't find a way to make use of Bisharp as I did. Both pokemon, however, are almost completely blocked by Keldeo and a few other pokemon, and need help taking care of them with the rest of the core.

That's where Slowbro comes in. Slowbro is almost a complete check to Keldeo, or any fast sweeper for that matter. Slowbro being able to use thunder wave to slow any sweep is godly, and it might even get the niche in the battle. Alternatively however, you could use up your mega slot and take Mega Slowbro in for a ride. Psyshock is great for dealing with pokemon like Conkeldurr. The use of Ice beam after a few Calm minds is perfect for surprising a Dragonite, as well. The physical bulk allows to tank at least one hit, and it's 2 different ways of regaining health make it something that is not easily dealt with.

Next, Zydoge. One of the best revenge sweepers, and perfect for out-speeding a lot of pokemon. if Garchomp and Entei had a baby, it would be this. Fantastic speed as well as one of most difficult moves to counter as a flying type, Thousand's Arrows. With Mamoswine gone, this pokemon is getting it's chance to shine, and utilizing probably the most pressuring ground move, as well as Extremespeed, it could end up being a huge threat in UU, especially with a core like this. Clear our fairy types and it's free to wreck havoc with outrage.

Lastly, Tornadus-T works as a sort of pivot utility in the core. It's great speed allows to take care of certain pokemon, but Regenerator makes it difficult to kill off. After usually living a hit, knocking off a choice item in battle usually means a lot, and being able to u-turn to regain health makes it super annoying. Hurricane takes care of Keldeo, but Heat Wave/ Focus Blast are meant to hit any scizor or other annoying steel types. It's surprisingly useful, with the SpD it gets from AV, it can take a lot more than meets the eye.

Counters: I wanted to leave a little section here for things to look out for as well as take note of if you ever try this core out. Azumarill and Gyarados are the main ones I can think of as of now, considering they both don't require speed to sweep and counter a great deal of pokemon in this core. Maybe slap on a surprise Focus Breloom, Zapdos, or even Raikou to clear those out as much as possible.

Thanks for reading through this. I'm still new to the Smogon community, and I'm trying my best to get involved currently. If I posted this in the wrong thread, just let me know and I'll move as soon as possible. Thanks again.

When you started playing UU to escape Porygon Z but the duck is like a crazy ex and follows you down here anyway...

Did new toy syndrome wear off this fast? Though I could probably imagine why, considering setting it up in the first place takes some preparation.

I'd rather not comment about the quickbans, mostly considering they were more or less to be expected. But Hippowdon dropping means good news for Sand teams! They might not have Excadrill but... they have He-man and probably stoutland... Anything else?

played on ladder a bit, wanna give my thoughts

pz is probably the best wincon in the tier. z-conversion with boltbeam + recover is enough to wreck pretty much everything in the tier. i guess you can male a point that its not as easy to set up with as rachi (thank jesus that thing is gone), but the boost coupled with stab adaptability makes it so that nearly everything in the tier just falls to it. you don't really need to run any bulk with recover since you'll be bulky enough to tank a good chunk of hits. investing in anything but special attack and speed sounds like a bad idea to me.

losing muk kind of sucks. its annoying as shit but id still say it was a fairly healthy addition to the tier. uu is not exactly in high demand of pursuit trappers, but the sheer utility that comes with running muk as a whole just makes suit an added bonus to me. id compare it to av champ in late xy in that it tanks a fuck ton of powerful special attacks and punishes most teams without a whole lot of trouble...except its better because it was way more splashable and just had a way more useful defensive typing and had a stupid ability + movepool.

bisharp is an odd one i think. i tried it with spikes scoli at first in an attempt to emulate a semi deosharp kind of build, but honestly i feel like most of the time you dont even need spikes since it has everything it needs to be a major pain in the ass anyway. sd 3 atks is enough to dick you if you let it set up anyway unless you have a good sucker resist, and imo the premier one of last generation in hydrei isnt as good as it used to be.

azu is azu....nothings really changed for it. its not really difficult to set up a bd because of the defensive utility it brings, and most good ajet resists fall flat if u get a decent amount of chip damage anyway. pz + sitrus azu is a combo ive been using that basically overloads on everything.

scolipede is actually really good, even without baton pass fuckery. sets up spikes real easy, especially thanks to speed boost, although being outrun by azelf and aero is a little lame. the real kicker though is sd 3 atks which plows through everything lol. props to Hikari for showing me this set.

Scolipede @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

not using focus sash sounds a little iffy at first given that scolis bulk isnt the best, but even without a boost from swords dance this thing is hard to switch into. 112 is a really nice speed tier for an offensive mon like this since it lets you check a majority of the offensive threats in the tier. shit like gliscor is annoying for this set but otherwise else it fits well with the general theme of "strong as fuck wincons" that the tier generally has right now.

ive also been using lycanroc as a suicide lead but br can elaborate on that better than i can if he wants to since he basically created the set (i hate using created like that but you know what i mean).

gigalith may seem a bit outshined by hippo in the sand department but i still think its one of the best rockers in the tier atm. the natural bulk coupled with sand makes it extremely annoying to kill and, unlike hippo, is a good answer to cb tini.

lastly ive been coming to a realization that pursuit is not all that great on weavile. sure its nice to trap shit, but really you're better off just wrecking the shit that would beat it otherwise with coverage moves i.e. pjab for azumarill and prima and low kick for cobalion. gc also showed me punishment which is used to beat megabro (which is still really good, just not as good with pz around) which is a pretty cool idea as well

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
i know this is probs a lot but could we get like a very basic viability rankings thread or something so that we can know what are some of the threats in the current phase of the tier, as well as a better visualization of whats banned and whats not?
I'm going to host the SM UU Viability ranking thread eventually‚ but it feels a little pointless to get them up so early into UU beta‚ considering that there are still a couple of quick bans queued up and the tier hasn't really stabilized yet. Zard Y and KyuB getting booted gives slower teams such massive breathing room that we should see a couple of new Pokemon (mostly Fairies IMO) rise into the spotlight. I also have a hard time believing that we're gonna let the beast known as Alakazam drop to RU so easily... Life Orb can run Substitute to bypass its weakness to Pursuit (and Bisharp's priority too!)‚ while Focus Sash Zam plays a pretty similar role to the one it did in BW UU‚ abusing Spikes and other means of chip damage to clean up‚ while also doubling up as a solid revenge killer.

I'll probably post more thoughts after getting a better feel of the metagame‚ since I haven't really touched UU Alpha that much‚ but I can say with safety that Primarina is a fucking monster and Scizor is a blessing that could turn into a big curse as the metagame slows down a little.

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi! I have never really been into UU but right now I find it way more enjoyable than OU.

Porygon-Z seems like a massive problem to many teams right now, its ability to get a pseudo Ancient Power boost and change its typing to Electric, a very good offensive typing, with an amazing coverage of Ice Beam and another move of your choice and is so hard to revenge kill make it really scary threat.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Toxic / Iron Head

This thing is really good right now, imo. It can revenge a slightly weakened boosted Porygon-Z (assuming it converted into the Electric type, just don't let it get a free boost and keep it weakened). Other than revenge killing Porygon-Z, Terrakion is an excellent late-game cleaner, especially when paired with Pursuit support to let it spam Close Combat. I prefer an Adamant nature because it does more damage to Porygon-Z. Toxic is an excellent move that lets it catch Hippowdon, non-rest Slowbro and other things it can't really touch.

A cool replay of Terrakion cleaning late-game: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankuubeta-512164603

Some calcs:
252+ Atk Terrakion Earthquake vs. +1 0 HP / 0 Def Porygon-Z: 214-252 (68.8 - 81%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Electric Type)
252+ Atk Terrakion Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Salazzle: 162-191 (58.4 - 68.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Terrakion Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zygarde-10%: 283-334 (113.6 - 134.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-Therian: 432-510 (119.3 - 140.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 72 HP / 0 Def Latias: 195-231 (61.1 - 72.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Thanks for reading!

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
I've just been having a bit of with this simple core
+

Comfey @ Leftovers
Ability: Triage
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Synthesis
- Draining Kiss
- Substitute

Comfey is an interesting fella with its Triage that gives it +3 added priority to healing moves, meaning its Draining Kiss and Synthesis outprioritizes even Extreme Speed. Just a simple Sub CM set, with Draining Kiss and its 75% recovery, that can set up on a lot of passive mons that can't really touch it and even on some mons that can, such as Forretress and Bronzong where you just stall out their Gyro Balls. 16 speed for neutral base 70s, rest in bulk. Can actually take on a good bit of physical attackers as well such as Zydoge, Weavile, Conk and Breloom assuming they don't have SE coverage or put you to sleep. Usually is best late game when their resists are gone or you just need to clean up with that fast Draining Kiss. It's hilariously weak without any boosts though and Tsareena or Bruxish walls you with their signature abilities if they happen to run them.

Magneton @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

A simple Choice Specs Magneton that helps me trap those pesky steel types and can dent Tentacruel heavily, which otherwise stops Comfey completely with the combination of its typing, Haze, and Liquid Ooze. EVs are just simple max/max to outspeed and trap most steels. Amoonguss can be a bit of a nuisance to Comfey but you 2HKO 252/92 spread after rocks at least so it can't switch in that well.

I guess you should need a water type as well to deal with them fire types but I've been getting by so far.

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus

Comfey @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Synthesis
- Draining Kiss
- Substitute

Comfey is an interesting fella with its Triage that gives it +3 added priority to healing moves, meaning its Draining Kiss and Synthesis outprioritizes even Extreme Speed. Just a simple Sub CM set, with Draining Kiss and its 75% recovery, that can set up on a lot of passive mons that can't really touch it and even on some mons that can, such as Forretress and Bronzong where you just stall out their Gyro Balls. 16 speed for neutral base 70s, rest in bulk. Can actually take on a good bit of physical attackers as well such as Zydoge, Weavile, Conk and Breloom assuming they don't have SE coverage or put you to sleep. Usually is best late game when their resists are gone or you just need to clean up with that fast Draining Kiss. It's hilariously weak without any boosts though and Tsareena or Bruxish walls you with their signature abilities if they happen to run them.
I can actually attest to Kalalokki's statement on Comfey. I have played 15 or so battles on the ladder and generally, Comfey didn't disappoint. There are some nifty tech options that you might want to choose for Comfey (over Synthesis based on his set):

Comfey @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Aromatherapy / Leech Seed
- Draining Kiss
- Substitute

Aromatherapy can be used if you want to heal status conditions of its teammates, while Leech Seed can be used to deal with fellow Calm Mind users (since Draining Kiss is piss weak), only to get succumbed to Leech Seed damage in the long run.

Yeah, Comfey is a hidden gem worth trying in this tier; once you get a grasp of it, you'll never disappoint. :)

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
I can actually attest to Kalalokki's statement on Comfey. I have played 15 or so battles on the ladder and generally, Comfey didn't disappoint. There are some nifty tech options that you might want to choose for Comfey (over Synthesis based on his set):

Comfey @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Aromatherapy / Leech Seed
- Draining Kiss
- Substitute

Aromatherapy can be used if you want to heal status conditions of its teammates, while Leech Seed can be used to deal with fellow Calm Mind users (since Draining Kiss is piss weak), only to get succumbed to Leech Seed damage in the long run.

Yeah, Comfey is a hidden gem worth trying in this tier; once you get a grasp of it, you'll never disappoint. :)
I'm gonna try out Leech Seed a bit and see how that works out, I liked Synthesis for stalling a bit better when Draining Kiss was still too weak.

Also remembered that this thing gets Celebrate, so if you wanna forgo Leftovers in favor of +1 in all stats using the Z-move that's also an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)