SM UU Beta (Mewnium Z, Staraptor, Victini banned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

This thing is really good right now.

It can provide Balance and Stall a wincom - with the right spread, it can switch into and setup on non-Hone Claws Mega Aerodactyl, non-Grass move Choice Scarf Keldeo and Volcanion, Scizor and more.

Ground / Water in general is really good right now.

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Curse
- Recover
- Earthquake
- Scald

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
i did and it is just sad how weak it is. Defiant is funny if they fog on you and u get the free +2 but other than that don't waste your time imo. Freakin primarina lives a wild charge from full -_-
For what it's worth, I actually do think there is merit to Defiant Thundurus-I, but I generally run it mixed with a Life Orb rather than going for Supersonic Skystrike. I find that its physical attackers are super reliant on the Defiant boost without LO, whereas Thundy's strong TBolt will pretty much always come in handy.

This is the set I mostly use for Defiant Thundy, though sometimes I swap things around depending on what my time needs. (Fly, HP Ice/Flying and Incinerate are all reasonable options depending on what you need Thundy to hit, and if Sylveon usage continues to pick up then Iron Tail wouldn't be a bad idea at all.)

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 56 Atk / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Grass Knot

How is Genesis Supernova Mew now that it's released? What's the standard moveset? Good partners? Good checks / counters?

Sacri'

the end is here
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
How is Genesis Supernova Mew now that it's released? What's the standard moveset? Good partners? Good checks / counters?
I've found it extremely good. GS allows it to hit extremely hard whenever it's needed and after it has used it it's power is still higher thanks to Psychic Terrain.

Mew @ Mewnium Z
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Aura Sphere
- Fire Blast/Giga Drain/Dazzling Gleam/Rock Polish/Literally whatever you need

This seems to be the better set, GS makes Mew one of the best if not the best Wallbreaker of the tier, it's incredibly hard to deal with overall. Mew's overall solid bulk makes it harder to revenge kill than you'd think, because of its insane movepool it can just run whatever the team needs in the last lost which makes it even harder to beat. I've also seen Hogg using a SR Explosion version which allows Mew's teamates to make better use of Terrain.
A lot of people have mentioned Alakazam as a good mate for it just because Mew can severly weaken/kill all of of the things that Zam has trouble to beat which makes it a troublesome core overall. Under Terrain Zam doesn't have to fear priority breaking it's Sash and it gets a stab boost on top of that. Sharpedo overall seems to be a decent partner as well, as it also appreciates priority being canceled, terrain also makes Psychic Fangs stronger.
I honestly don't think there's any actual counters to it, Spedef Empoleon takes +2 Aura well enough to phaze it but it can just come back later anyway. Bulky Scizor variants beat it if it lacks Fire coverage, it can be revenge killed by things like Sharpedo Mega if it doesn't have rock polish, Blissey can beat it to some extent. Basically the way to beat it depends on the variants and you often have to let something drop to find out what it runs.

Here’s my opinion on some Pokemon right now. Since I haven't been on here for a while (due to the fact I've got to study lol), please excuse me if I make a mistake (I have to use my Gen 6 knowledge and some new stuff I learnt as I read these forums as a guest). There’s so much to go through right now.

Having been suspected for 3 times, we all know that Azumarill is a massive threat. Supporting an amazing ability in Huge Power, solid defences of 100/80/80, and a good typing of Water/Fairy, Azumarill has been established as a prominent physical attacker.

It has a decent movepool containing key STAB in Play Rough, Waterfall and Aqua Jet as well as coverage moves in Knock Off, Ice Punch and Superpower to name a few. It also has access to Belly Drum which in tandem with Aqua Jet forms the very scary BellyJet. It also has good usage of Banded and AV sets as well.

The only thing that stands in Azumarill’s way is the dismal 50 Speed stat (which can sometimes be mitigated by Aqua Jet). In addition, its 50 Attack stat isn't brilliant, although it becomes like 140 after Huge Power.

Overall, I think Azumarill deserves to be banned

Thundurus-I is a freakishly powerful Pokemon with a great ability in Prankster as well as good Offensive stats and a nice 101 Speed Tier (which surpasses so many base 100s). It's typing of Electric/Flying is decent with only 2 weaknesses.

Prankster allows it to stop SR setters (noting that it is weak to SR) through Taunt, paralyse majority of the metagame with Thunder Wave and boost its stats through Nasty Plot & Agility, making it a fearsome Pokemon.

It has good STAB Electric moves in Thunderbolt and (maybe) Thunder, each of which can also be boosted by Electrium Z. However, it lacks a good Flying STAB and has to rely on other moves. It has Focus Blast as a decent move (barring its poor accuracy), however, the lack of any Ice moves means it has to run Hidden Power which has a low BP of 60.

Overall, I think Thundurus-I deserves to be banned

Bisharp is a powerful and very solid attacking Pokemon with a good typing (despite its 4x fighting weakness), good Attack stat, access to Defiant (which really hurts if activated) and the ability to have a lot of control on the field.

It's movepool is great, with access to STAB Knock Off, Pursuit and my favourite Sucker Punch. It has Iron Head as another STAB option as well as Brick Break to shatter Aurora Veil, Reflect & Light Screen. It has the ability to Swords Dance its way to a sky high attacking stat.

It's stats are good overall, but 70 Speed isn't amazing, however with Breloom banned, I really see Bisharp being too powerful in UU.

Overall, I think Bisharp deserves to be banned

Victini is a great Pokemon with access to tonnes of moves, solid 100 base stats and is quite powerful.

Its movepool is ridiculous. With STAB options in Searing Shot, Fusion Flare, Blue Flare, Overheat, V-Create, Psychic and Psyshock as well as tonnes of coverage in Bolt Strike, Fusion Bolt, Energy Ball and Glaciate.

It's stats are great as it hits good tiers and has decent bulk as well. The only real setback is Victory Star (which I'm pretty sure is quite useless). Seeing that Victini was almost banned last round, I think that this time, it shouldn't stay.

Overall, I think Victini deserves to be banned

With access to Speed Boost (pre-mega), and solid options for its movepool, Sharpedo and its mega are quite fearsome. It has a decent Speed stat and great Attack stat. It has access to Crunch, Ice Fang and Psychic Fangs (which now replaces Zen Headbutt) which are all powered up by Strong Jaw, as well as Waterfall which is a decent STAB move. It also has Poison Jab as another coverage move.

Overall, I think Sharpedo-Mega might have to be banned, but I'm not certain
Why Poison Jab over Poison Fang for Sharpedo when Poison Fang is affected by Strong Jaw?

Why Poison Jab over Poison Fang for Sharpedeo when Poison Fang is affected by Strong Jaw?
First of all, you double posted, but don't worry, I'm p sure that this was a lag bug, you can manually delete your post by clicking Delete.
Secondly, Poison Fang is weaker than Poison Jab, even with the Strong Jaw boost.

50 . 1,5 = 75
Some calcs:
252+ Atk Strong Jaw Sharpedo-Mega Poison Fang vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Primarina: 244-288 (81 - 95.6%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Sharpedo-Mega Poison Jab vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Primarina: 260-306 (86.3 - 101.6%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Even if Poison Fang has a chance to inflict badly poison, Poison Jab is stronger and it helps in some situations, like the above ^

I think this thing is really underrated and it's completely viable in UU. I've been using it for quite some time now and it never disappointed me.

Toxicroak @ Black Sludge
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 204 HP / 252 Atk / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Sucker Punch
- Focus Punch
- Gunk Shot

I find SubPunch to be its most effective set. The STAB combination is extremely powerful and hits very hard even Pokemon that resist it. Even though its stabs are amazing I think Sucker Punch is what makes it work so fine for me, people usually don't expect it and it lets Croak pick off weakened (often by itself) opponents. It also gets numerous opportunities to switch in and put on a Sub because of its unique defensive typing and ability. Speed EVs make sure it outspeeds Azumarill, rest is put in HP so it can actually take some hits and then hit back. I guess you could also run Life Orb on rain teams. Hope this post doesn't get any recognition, so people won't start using it and realize how good it is.

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We all posting sets? Aight, how about this? I saw someone lamenting about all of our good Z-Flying Move users being banned, so I sat down and conjured up this. For the record I did not read the last page of this thread before using this set on ladder, with generally positive results:

Thundurus @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 152 Atk / 104 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Fly
- Nasty Plot

I came up with this thinking of some kinda way to replace the recently-banned Thundurus-T, and a lot of ideas passed through my head. The first was just using a dual dance set with the same moves, realizing it has the exact same bulk as Thundurus-T (idk why, but Thundy-T just seems bulkier in comparison). But then I noticed Thundurus has noticeably weaker SpA and much higher Atk, which made me ponder a fully physical set with Defiant. Sounded cool at first but the idea didn't sit well with me because A) It seemed like it'd be extremely reliant on Defiant boosts to threaten anything, B) physical Thundurus just got ruined by stuff like Hippo and Quagsire, things that typically fear the special set, and C) Why waste that dope base 125 SpA?

Then I realized a mixed set was pretty usable...With Z-Fly, Thundurus is able to actually kill the bulky Grass-types that love switching into it while also putting an enormous dent into mons like Blissey, on top of being able to abuse Defiant still. With Nasty Plot, Thundurus will appear to be a special sweeper, making it that much easier to lure its main checks in, still beating Ground-types with Grass Knot, and still hitting very hard with Thunderbolt despite no Life Orb and only partial SpA investment. All of this lets it dismantle defensive cores while still being a strong threat against offense thanks to its great Speed.

The EVs are specialized to allow Thundurus to OHKO SpD Hippowdon at +2 with Grass Knot after rocks, while also being able to OHKO Bold Celebi with Z-Fly after Stealth Rock, which means pretty much every defensive Ground and Grass-type barring Gliscor with a coverage move gets bodied by this set. The general way to use this set is to just treat it like a standard Nasty Plot Thundurus, not clicking Z-Fly until the opponent brings in an exploitable check such as Amoonguss or Blissey. For Blissey, you will have to be smart and play around Protect so you don't utterly waste your Z-move. Usually you want to go to +2, maybe even +4 and get some chip damage on Blissey, forcing it to heal up. Then drop the Z-Fly on it and erase it from existence so your other Electric-types/Special attackers can sweep much more easily. What this set offers over Life Orb or Z-Focus Blast is the ability to deal with nearly all of Thundurus' defensive checks in one, not having to rely on weak Hidden Power to dispatch Grass or Dragon-types, while also being able to punish Defog and/or Intimidate users, such as Krookodile.

Calcs:
+2 104 SpA Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 196-232 (27.4 - 32.4%) -- 68.2% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
152 Atk Thundurus Supersonic Skystrike (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 439-517 (61.4 - 72.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

152 Atk Thundurus Supersonic Skystrike (175 BP) vs. 240 HP / 244+ Def Celebi: 354-416 (88.2 - 103.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

152 Atk Thundurus Supersonic Skystrike (175 BP) vs. 72 HP / 0 Def Latias: 264-312 (82.7 - 97.8%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

152 Atk Thundurus Supersonic Skystrike (175 BP) vs. 248 HP / 168+ Def Amoonguss: 476-564 (110.4 - 130.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

104 SpA Thundurus Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Quagsire: 428-508 (108.6 - 128.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 104 SpA Thundurus Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon: 402-474 (95.7 - 112.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

152 Atk Thundurus Supersonic Skystrike (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew: 243-286 (60.1 - 70.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
104 SpA Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 224+ SpD Mew: 94-112 (23.2 - 27.7%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpA
Naive Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast
- Ice Beam / Play Rough / Sucker Punch

With potent Psychic and Ghost-types in UU and Bisharp's debut in the tier, pursuit-trapping has seen increased value. There are several Pokemon that can provide such utility, prominent ones being Bisharp, Krook, and M-Aero. For M-Absol here however, I've only ever encountered the boosting variants which piqued my curiosity to test on a pseudo-trapper set. Besides supporting the team with pursuit utility, this set takes advantage of M-Absol's mixed attacking prowess and expansive coverage moves to catch some of its counters and checks off-guard (Forretress, Scizor, and Gliscor, btfo). And so, Pokemon who appreciates having them removed and who benefits from pursuit support would complement nicely with this M-Absol variant.

ehT

:dog:
is a Contributor Alumnus
I agree, Absol is awesome right now. The most notable thing about it atm is that it probably benefited the most from the Mega speed buff than any other Mega, besides maybe Sharpedo.

That said, I'd like to bring up a 'mon that's flown under the radar recently, and IMO really needs more attention:

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance / Swords Dance
- Ice Punch / Aqua Jet / Substitute*
- Crunch

*Only use Sub if SD

Gatr's always been good, but Gyarados gave it severe competition, overshadowing its DD sets, meaning it only had SD left to stand out. But now, with Gyara out of the picture, Gatr's free to viably run both. It faces the same drawbacks it's always had, mainly its shitty Speed, but non-Scarf forms of Speed control (read: Mega Aero) lose to it 1v1, and it's still able to tank a hit or two from most Scarfers at full health and either boost again or just kill something. It definitely needs more support than Gyara, while also providing less support itself, since it's unfortunately quite selfish with its bulk due to lack of Intimidate. However, that's not always a problem, since most teams have at least one thing that Gatr can outright abuse, and once you get stuff like Primarina and Keldeo out of the way (Healing Wish Celebi / Lati are awesome teammates for this, though they obviously don't like Moonblast), there's really not much that wants to take it on.

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Punch
- Crunch

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar

Staraptor @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- U-turn
- Close Combat

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Taunt

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 212 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Toxic
- Roar

Here's a pretty nice BO team I made that I think does a good job supporting Gatr breaking and / or sweeping. Gatr, Hydrei, and Celebi do an excellent job pressuring fat shit, while Emp and Pert form a helpful defensive backbone to keep stuff like Primarina, Aero, and, to a lesser extent, Scizor, from running amok. They also form a hazard control core, and a very reliable one at that, due to their plethora of switch in opportunities, as well as their ability to punish things that switch out with Scald, Roar, and Toxic. I chose HP Fire on Celebi because this team struggles a bit with VolTurn, and blowing up Scizor right then and there is just so nice. Scarf Raptor is the Speed control as well as the main late-game cleaner. Probably the biggest threats are Raikou and Staraptor, which tbf annoy every team, but I have counterplay for both. You take a fat L to Hydreigon if you're not careful though, so don't not be careful. Cheers n_n

Last edited:
do you think scizor will stay in UU after beta? scizor's one of my fave and i love how beautiful UU currently is, considering the variety of the meta.

do you think scizor will stay in UU after beta? scizor's one of my fave and i love how beautiful UU currently is, considering the variety of the meta.
I don't think it is broken or overcentralizing. I also don't think it will have enough OU usage because of all the new Pokémon. So I think it is most likely to stay. I use it in almost all my teams with a old school Choice Band Platinum set.

It can use bulky swords dance, offensive swords dance, bulky defog, scarf even. Versatile pokémon.

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
how'd i know

Seriously though, that's huge. I personally am happy to get my baby M-Pidgey back and Shiba will finally be able to build teams again with M-Sceptile returning, but I also know a good amount of people who were hoping the missing Megas would not return. I can see why, teambuilding does kinda revolve around them, especially since ORAS (the assumption that you absolutely NEED a Mega is not correct, but I feel most of the time you are better off picking one than not), and they do add a good chunk of power creep to the meta (as if we hadn't have enough of that already). I'm really curious as to what will make the cut and stay UU and what eventually will get banned, considering the recent nerfs (Pixilate) and speed/ability activation buffs (Beedrill/Mega Pert).

Mega Beedrill still has its worst enemy (mega aerodactyl) in the tier. Scizor (bullet punch) also does some work at checking it, as well as more niche picks such as shuca cobalion, entei, and bulky crobatIt got better due to the mega buff, but I don't think it will break the tier, not when mega aerodactyl (the best mega in the tier) still is UU.

Actual policy question: do the Mega Stones go into the tier of their source Pokemon (i.e. Beedrillite to NU, assuming that is where it ends up), or do they automatically go up to OU?

I've found it extremely good. GS allows it to hit extremely hard whenever it's needed and after it has used it it's power is still higher thanks to Psychic Terrain.

Mew @ Mewnium Z
Ability: Synchronize
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Aura Sphere
- Fire Blast/Giga Drain/Dazzling Gleam/Rock Polish/Literally whatever you need

This seems to be the better set, GS makes Mew one of the best if not the best Wallbreaker of the tier, it's incredibly hard to deal with overall. Mew's overall solid bulk makes it harder to revenge kill than you'd think, because of its insane movepool it can just run whatever the team needs in the last lost which makes it even harder to beat. I've also seen Hogg using a SR Explosion version which allows Mew's teamates to make better use of Terrain.
A lot of people have mentioned Alakazam as a good mate for it just because Mew can severly weaken/kill all of of the things that Zam has trouble to beat which makes it a troublesome core overall. Under Terrain Zam doesn't have to fear priority breaking it's Sash and it gets a stab boost on top of that. Sharpedo overall seems to be a decent partner as well, as it also appreciates priority being canceled, terrain also makes Psychic Fangs stronger.
I honestly don't think there's any actual counters to it, Spedef Empoleon takes +2 Aura well enough to phaze it but it can just come back later anyway. Bulky Scizor variants beat it if it lacks Fire coverage, it can be revenge killed by things like Sharpedo Mega if it doesn't have rock polish, Blissey can beat it to some extent. Basically the way to beat it depends on the variants and you often have to let something drop to find out what it runs.
I've been testing this further, and Cobalion is a nice partner for an AlakaMew core. Coba can easily handle things that threaten out the psychics, namely dark and bug types while also setting up rocks and Volt Switching all over the place. Mewnium seems to work best with a HO team, but it has its uses as a wincon in more balanced teams.

On the field, be careful of revealing Mew's moveset. Mew can easily tank a knock off without invested defenses, and that can be all you need to get the ball rolling. If the enemy figures out you're offensive, be careful of not wasting the Genesis Supernova on the dark-type switch-in.

ehT

:dog:
is a Contributor Alumnus
Actual policy question: do the Mega Stones go into the tier of their source Pokemon (i.e. Beedrillite to NU, assuming that is where it ends up), or do they automatically go up to OU?
That's how it worked in ORAS, when mons weren't tiered separately from their Mega forms, but now that they are, I'm fairly certain that they'd start in OU and trickle downwards from there like everything else does, especially considering not every tier is fully formed yet.

According to Serebii, the Beedrillite and Mawilite are going to be distributed in February. Mega Beedrill was a major threat in ORAS UU, but now that it can have that epic speed right from Turn 1, I predict that it will be much more dangerous now. Not needing Protect anymore, it could run any of Fell Stinger, Knock Off, Drill Run, Swords Dance or even Toxic Spikes or Tailwind in that slot.

The Mawilite will almost certainly be quickbanned.

r0ady

People like to invent monsters and monstrosities
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
So specs Kyurem is still really good, and still hilariously unused.

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 12 Def / 244 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Earth Power

This monster comes in on a pretty significant portion of the metagame and does what Kyurem does, kills everything! Stuff like Gliscor, Raikou, Tseerna, Decidueye, Starmie, and Hippo let this thing in almost for free to fire off devastating hits and break down teams, and would be resists and checks that we gained still get broken through and at the least take massive amounts of damage with the right prediction:

244 SpA Choice Specs Kyurem Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 147-173 (54.2 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

244 SpA Choice Specs Kyurem Earth Power vs. 168 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 176-208 (45.9 - 54.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

244 SpA Choice Specs Kyurem Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Primarina: 129-152 (42.8 - 50.4%) -- 95.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

244 SpA Choice Specs Kyurem Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Klefki: 230-272 (72.3 - 85.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

244 SpA Choice Specs Kyurem Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Scizor: 162-191 (47 - 55.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

As always its ridiculous bulk lets it chew hits like nothing, and with rocks being as easier as ever to keep off the field it only makes it shine more:

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kyurem: 317-374 (81 - 95.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Cobalion Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 12 Def Kyurem: 330-390 (84.3 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (what the evs are for)

252+ Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 12 Def Kyurem: 234-276 (59.8 - 70.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Strong Jaw Sharpedo-Mega Crunch vs. 0 HP / 12 Def Kyurem: 246-289 (62.9 - 73.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Starmie Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 12 Def Kyurem: 153-181 (39.1 - 46.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 0 HP / 12 Def Kyurem: 300-354 (76.7 - 90.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Raikou Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Kyurem: 130-154 (33.2 - 39.3%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO

68 Atk Life Orb Thundurus Superpower vs. 0 HP / 12 Def Kyurem: 291-343 (74.4 - 87.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Anyway i hope you enjoyed the wall of calcs as its really the best way to show off how good Kyurem can be, give it a try and it will not dissapoint!

EDIT: bonus replay versus Hogg http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uubeta-525924668

Crobat @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Taunt
- U-turn

Crobat's been largely overshadowed by much harder hitting flying types lately but with this set it can perform its support role while still having some extra offensive presence. Supersonic Strike 1HKOs quite a few offensive threats in this meta and Taunt can shut down what would otherwise be solid counters to Crobat like Hippowdon and Gliscor. Not being able to be knocked off also aids this set similarly to Acrobat.

252 Atk Crobat Supersonic Skystrike vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 264-312 (81.2 - 96%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Crobat Supersonic Skystrike vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latias: 264-312 (87.7 - 103.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Crobat Supersonic Skystrike vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Staraptor: 322-379 (103.5 - 121.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Crobat Supersonic Skystrike vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Starmie: 277-327 (106.9 - 126.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Crobat Supersonic Skystrike vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Primarina: 310-366 (85.1 - 100.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

As a side note don't run Defog on this unless Bisharp leaves. I actually think Defog is unviable with Bisharp around. A free +2 from a defog gives Bisharp at least 1 kill unless you run Quagsire. Punishes Defog way too hard on anything other than stall.

My man/woman, are you really using Gastrodon East Coast?

Other than this fatal error I'm completely in agreement. I'm still loving Gastrodon as well. :D

I also wanna quickly touch on jonasztracz's post regarding Toxicroak. They may have only created their account on Saturday, and yes, their post on Toxicroak is in fact their only ever post, but they're not wrong. Well, I think they're not, anyway. I've been trying out Toxicroak myself the past few days after I saw Pearl talking about it somewhere, and I gotta say it's a very neat 'mon to use right now. I recommend trying it out for sure, although it might be worth waiting for the upcoming round of council bans, since it'll (probably) get (even) better after those. :O

Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics

Today, I'm here to talk about Hawlucha which is a Pokemon we actually don't see a lot on the ladder while he's really good.
He's two STAB hit pretty hard a huge part of the UU SUMO metagame and Unburden allows him to outspeed absolutely everything.
His 118 BS Speed is pretty amazing because he can finish of a lot of threat without Unburden (like non-scarf Thundurus, Specs Keldeo, Cobalium, Latias, Raikou, non-scarf Infernape etc etc..). He also have great STAB and don't need to SD to clean a weakened team.
His typing Fight-Flying is pretty nice cuz' it permit him to resist the majority of the priority (especially Sucker Punch and Mach Punch). Basically if you get rid off Aqua-Jet & Bullet Punch users (aka Azumarill, Crawdaunt & Scizor), Hawlucha is free to sweep.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uubeta-526400160

The final round of UU beta voting has been completed.

Azumarill, Mewnium Z, Staraptor, and Victini were nominated this round. Mewnium Z, Staraptor, and Victini have been banned from UU. Reasoning below.

With that, we are finished with our quickbans, and UU Beta is now over. This means a couple things:
  • We will begin individually suspect testing the Pokemon we've quickbanned so far
  • A three-person rotating council will be selected for each suspect test to vote along with the 9 current UU council members
    • A 2/3 majority (8/12 votes) will be needed to unban each Pokemon
  • We can still ban more Pokemon if drops from OU are broken or if current threats prove themselves to be broken later on
First suspect test is coming this weekend. See this post for a full explanation of our tiering process.

Genesis Supernova turns Mew into a ridiculous wallbreaker and sweeper, capable of plowing through even bulky resists like max HP Scizor at +2. After this, Mew can easily pick up massive damage or more kills with Terrain-boosted Psychic while invalidating priority users such as Bisharp, Scizor, and Azumarill that try to revenge kill it. With only Nasty Plot and Psychic as necessities, Mew has tons of options to get through anything it needs, including coverage moves like Flamethrower, Aura Sphere, and Dazzling Gleam to beat Dark types, Psyshock to break through Blissey, and Rock Polish to beat its usual revenge killers. We are using the precedent set by LC banning Eevium Z to ban Mewnium Z, not Mew, as Mew is clearly not broken without Genesis Supernova.
With an excellent offensive typing, Staraptor was banned for its raw power and above-average Speed, making it either a devastating breaker with Choice Band or an ideal cleaner/revenge killer with Choice Scarf. In particular, offense doesn't have many options to deal with Scarf Staraptor, which can easily rack up kills against the majority of the tier.
Victini is as insane of a wallbreaker as it was last generation, and it has the power and coverage to beat anything defensive. Choice Band sets especially put huge pressure on teams where it could capitalize on common Pokemon like Scizor, Cobalion, and Sylveon, with V-Create easily doing 60-70% to offensive resistances like Azumarill and Keldeo. While this was one of the more controversial bans, Victini was still warranted potentially broken enough to deserve a suspect in the future.

Tagging The Immortal : Mewnium Z, Staraptor, and Victini are banned, and we're done with UU beta, so please replace the UU Beta ladder with a Gen 7 UU one. Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)