SM UU SM UU CCAT #2

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
The Team

After the 4-week process listed above, the UU Community has put together a new team! After each team is completed it will be submitted to the RMT Forum to be analyzed by expert team raters as provided by IronBullet to be refined, tweaked, and brought to its best potential!

So Team #2 is centered around Dragon Dance Haxorus, a stallbreaking sweeper that was slept on at first but, everyone started to take notice of Haxorus's sweeping potential during the initial stages of the team.

Haxorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
It's UU for a reason ain't it? A setup sweeper I feel isn't seen enough in the meta, DD Haxorus is pretty potent and I have seen it used to success on offensive teams. Of course offensive checks like Scizor and Scarf Hydreigon will be annoying for this guy, as well as things like Clefable and Klefki. But given that Haxorus can break through Unaware Quagsire/Clefable commonly seen on stall teams, it's got a lot of potential that I think would be kind of cool to explore in a project such as this.
I am going to vote for CSB's DD Haxorus, it's rare to see an effective Haxorus build; Dragon Dance has a lot of potential. Able to power its way through stall, and threaten the meta with a +1 speed boost make it difficult to handle once set up. I'd like to see us come up with an effective way of using Haxorus, whether it be through facilitating its sweep or utilising its breaking prowess to assist its team.

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab
- Mach Punch​
Since Haxorus is so weak to Fairies I figured my first nomination would be another Guts Fighting-type cause they're so good a decent Fairy lure in Flame Orb Guts Conkeldurr with Poison Jab. While Conk is highly customizeable I think the moves listed here are probably the best when partnering it with Haxorus since it's able to outspeed and KO Clefable after some prior damage, while being able to fend off Gliscor and Latias switch-ins with Ice Punch. If Flame Orb is active already, Conkeldurr doesn't mind Thunder Wave from Klefki either, and is capable of doing a huge amount of damage with Drain Punch if needed. Since Conk lacks Knock Off, you'd need partners for mons like Starmie, Slowbro, Chandelure, and Tentacruel, the former two Haxorus can't really risk trying to handle at all. The EVs outspeed uninvested base 65s like Scizor and Alomomola, mons Haxorus really appreciates having leverage against.
Nidoking is great choice as an offensive partner, capable of picking off a lot of mons that gives Haxorus trouble. Scizor is a great threat that can pair well with Haxorus while maintaining solid offensive momentum. Conkeldurr is a cool lure that can wallbreak teams with Haxorus while also being a great pivot for status issues which allows more freedom to what item we want Haxorus to hold (instead of lum berry we can choose a different item that allows Haxorus to do more damage).
So aside from what others might have said about Nidoking being the best option, I actually disagree. Nidoking lacks speed while Scizor and Conkeldurr have priority (their priority is probably the best in the game; aside from Bisharp's strong sucker punch). Not only that, Scizor and Conkeldurr are better pivots with recovery options in roost and drain punch respectively. I feel like Scizor and Conkeldurr will be able to do more in a game, aside from taking out threats for Haxorus, while also having better longevity than Nidoking. Now, Nidoking isn't a horrible option (it's a great option that pairs well with Haxorus offensively) but, it's certainly not the best. If anything Conk and Scizor give more flexibility team building wise and in what set we want to use with Haxorus.
I'll cast my vote off for Conkeldurr. The reason for that being is because I don't want Haxorus to hold a lum berry.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Heal Bell / Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Defog
As for Togekiss I believe a utility set can replace Klefki. Togekiss also helps check Fighting-types (mainly like Keldeo and Heracross, but it will provide a better matchup to threats like Bewear and Infernape better than Klefki). Conkeldurr can be a little problematic depending on whether or not it has Band / Poison Jab / Ice Punch. Anyways, Togekiss provides the much needed entry hazard removal, considering we have 1 (potentially 2), stealth rocks weak Pokemon. I don't find Nasty Plot necessary considering Haxorus is already a very solid stallbreaker so yeah. Also I'm not too sure if utility Togekiss is even good on offense, I personally found it quite nice (I remember seeing either Shiba or Eyan bringing it up at one point).

Metagross @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 236 HP / 96 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
I liked the idea of swapping out both Klefki and Slowking for both utility Togekiss and Metagross. I feel that if we add Volcanion to the team, it would've overlapped quite a bit since Klefki would check Latias and such while Volcanion checks Water-types. Though HP Fire Latias would be something we would be weak to. Personally, I think Metagross is probably a nice substitution since we have a nice Dark check with Klefki / Togekiss and Conkeldurr, and it is able to check Latias and also act as a secondary Fairy check (it helps a lot against a weakness against CM Clefable) which helps alleviate some stress for Volcanion.

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Crunch / Earthquake / Aqua Tail
- Aerial Ace
I'm gonna toss up MAero for some speed control here. We already have issues with some things, so I'm gonna toss this up while I get ready to fly to Alaska.
Megaero sounds like a good choice as it is the fastest unboosted pokemon in the tier, it provides a ground immunity and if we run pursuit we can help with latias. We also could run Hone Claws to break up walls for Hax or Aqua Tail for bulky Grounds. It's versatility makes it an excellent candidate for our team in my mind.

Volcanion @ Grassium Z
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Solar Beam
I think ape could def. Take conks spot. The big status hes here for is burn and ape os immune and honestly king doesnt care about it either.

Aero should be crunch to deal with lati + other psys.

For the last slot im thinking to help with our water/fairy issue and just to add a pretty decent blanket check to shit

Volcanion
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast

I left everything open on this because we have alot of wiggle room. 216+ hits 253 speed which beats zor. 40hp for lulz and because tieing with shape is pointless. All of this set is subject to change based off what you guys think. Imo z-solar is probably the way to go but specs/airballon/leftys/lo could work.
Lastly, since JoarAddamNessosin kinda made the Volcanion set a toss-up, I found Z-SolarBeam probably the most effective. Z-Solarbeam helps our matchup against Water-types (specifically bulkier ones) such as Slowking(bro), Suicune, and Mega Blastoise. Not much to say other than that lol, I just found that Choice Specs sets were easily taken advantage of if Volcanion locked itself into HP Electric or Sludge Bomb by Pokemon like Nasty Plot Celebi, Cobalion, and CM Latias. Leftovers recovery was nice but, I liked the spike in power with Grassium-Z more.
lol tbh I believe Volcanion is the perfect fit for the last slot since it is the perfect check to Fairies, Waters (including Primarina), and most importantly Scizor. Not sure if I have a submission that can top that tbh. I'm going to test out Z-Solar Beam and see how it works out since we don't have a Z-Crystal user yet but, Choice Specs does seem like the better choice as of now. If we go Volcanion, I don't see Infernape being too necessary but, depending on the other submissions Infernape may be the way to go.

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Play Rough
- Magnet Rise

Slowking @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 SpA
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

The importable will be a bit wonky since there are still /'s in the moveset since we were unable to vote on the move slots so, beware :]
Haxorus @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab
- Mach Punch

Togekiss @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Heal Bell / Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Defog

Metagross @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 236 HP / 96 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Crunch / Earthquake / Aqua Tail
- Aerial Ace

Volcanion @ Grassium Z
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Solar Beam

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
As for the proposed changes / things to keep in mind...

Current Weaknesses / Problematic Pokemon
  • Swellow
  • Bewear
  • Mega Aerodactyl
  • Nidoking / Nidoqueen
Proposed Changes
  • Mega Aerodactyl -> Choice Scarf Krookodile
  • Togekiss + Offensive Stealth Rock Metagross + Mega Aerodactyl -> Stealth Rock Clefable + Assault Vest Metagross + Mega Blastoise
  • Hone Claws Mega Aerodactyl -> AoA Mega Aerodactyl with Stone Edge / Earthquake / Pursuit (or Crunch) / Aqua Tail
  • Pursuit (on Metagross) -> Something Else
thank you to whoever rates this ^^

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi. Good to see this is back again since the project's pretty interesting as a concept, personally dislike the team though, but I'll get into why when listing issues and such.

Issues
  • Initially want to go over every listed threat above individually so starting with Swellow, which is honestly not that bad; you have something that outspeeds it, a decent resist and such so you can force it out easily and with Rocks you can revenge it. Either way it's not that common so it's not something I would really be looking to go out of your way for.
  • Bewear threatens most teams that give it opportunities to break so it posing an issue here shouldn't come as a surprise, it isn't the worst though since it's slower than a few of the members and overall locks itself into something you should be able to take advantage of regardless, if the problem is its breaking potential, this isn't the only Pokemon that can do this so I wouldn't be too concerned about it since revenging and smart pivoting works for the most part.
  • Mega Aerodactyl is actually a really big problem to this team. Outspeeds every member except your own Aerodactyl; forcing you to risk Speed ties most likely and the only thing willing to switch-in normally is Shuca Metagross which lacks Bullet Punch anyways so loses to ability to check Aero whatsoever (in the long run) if it initially switches into Earthquake. Definitely something to try to improve facing when considering changes.
  • Last on the listed threats is Nidoking / Nidoqueen, both of which being extremely threatening to any slower offenses that use passive Fairy-types. Doesn't help that they outspeed a majority of the team by default and force extremely favorable positions against most of the team members, although it could be baited by Metagross though that would mean a composition consisting of Nido + Aerodactyl would be extremely difficult for this team to beat. Otherwise, you'd have to hope it doesn't have free opportunities as Aerodactyl lacking Roost is far too easy to wear down with Rocks support.
  • Onto non-listed threats; I wanted to start with Raikou which steamrolls through teams like this that lack a Ground-type, have many Pokemon to easily abuse, and outspeeds a majority of the team. Since the only way to really beat this is by keeping Haxorus / Metagross healthy or having EQ Aerodactyl and hoping it doesn't just abuse Togekiss / Volcanion / potentially Metagross to fire off free Thunderbolts and such, this is something you really want to improve the matchup against when going through changes.
  • Moving on, one of the biggest threats upon my initial scan through is Scizor your only solid switch-in is Stealth Rock weak with no reliable recovery or bulk EVs, most members are threatened out (most importantly the Defog user) and you have no real way of outright OHKOing it if it happens to be a bulky variant bar Volcanion, extremely problematic when Togekiss is pressured and Rocks are up. So this was one of the main things I wanted to really improve matchup against.
  • So there are probably more specific threats I wanted to keep in mind but essentially a lot of it stems from the overall lack of Speed the team has attached to it with Aerodactyl being the only member faster than base 100 and only one priority user.
Changes

Haxorus @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Cobalion @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Fire Blast
- Nasty Plot

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Jolly Nature
- Wing Attack
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Def / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze

• I had a lot of drafts in mind when making the team but had trouble trying to cover up the holes left by the overall lack of Speed in general so this is the best I managed to come up with. First off, Cobalion > Conkeldurr essentially made the team a lot safer vs Scizor, allowed me to change the Rocker of the team, still deal with Fairies well, check Bisharp, help with Aerodactyl and so on. Removing the team's only means of priority seemed a decent trade off considering the Speed boost Cobalion offered to the team overall so I wasn't too worried about that. Fightinium-Z is used over other options right now since Aerodactyl's set atm really wears down a lot of stuff that this thing would appreciate such as Gliscor.
  • Krookodile > Metagross further helped the Speed concerns, being the team's Choice Scarfer and primary Raikou answer. I wasn't too worried about losing Metagross due to Krookodile's inherent Psychic-immunity and ability to check Latias decently. It also helps against Aerodactyl so I wasn't too worried about losing my best check prior as this + Cobalion helps a lot against it.
  • Tentacruel > Volcanion was arguably the most significant change I had to go for considering it would change the role of Togekiss and remove another breaker from the team. However, should I keep Volcanion and Defog Togekiss, I felt the team would be too pressured by Stealth Rock in general and would rather have more safety. This is especially concerning when considering Togekiss was the team's sole Fighting-resist as well. Moreover, Tentacruel provided good synergy to the rest of the team through Toxic Spikes which wear down opponents. The given EVs are enough to outspeed Nidoking while retaining bulk.
  • AoA Aerodactyl > Hone Claws was the next change in mind considering I already had a vast number of setup sweepers and being able to check or deal with certain Pokemon seemed a lot more important than having yet another setup sweeper / balance breaker. Wing Attack is preferred here imo considering how you'd want this to be able to KO the likes of Keldeo and Conkeldurr when it comes down to it and the overall neutral coverage is appreciated.
  • NP Togekiss > Defog Togekiss is the last change I made. As Tentacruel has taken over the entry hazard removal role, I needed Togekiss to play a different one. Seeing as how the best option at this point to make up for removing many of the team's previous breakers was to add another one, NP Togekiss seemed a good route to take. I didn't want it to be too overall passive or lacking in damage considering the team already had decent Speed, making Thunder Wave less necessary, so I decided upon a more offensive variant with Fire Blast to more or less lure in Scizor and Bisharp, as well as dealing with other Steel-types like Metagross and Cobalion.
Other Options
  • If I felt it didn't change too much of the team, I would've probably had Crobat > Togekiss since the Flyinium Z set with Taunt would have had good synergy with the team's entry hazard stacking.
  • Should the above change be done, Shuca Berry Cobalion would've been the go-to option for better pivoting into Nidoking. It's not a bad option regardless though and should be taken into consideration. In a similar vein, Steelium Z Cobalion would've also helped against Nidoking but also ensure you could outright OHKO Clefable and better deal with Gliscor.
  • You could go a variety of moves on Aerodactyl, like Crunch or Pursuit but considering we already had Pursuit on Krookodile, that move didn't see too necessary. Crunch, however, could've been interesting for removing Latias and weakening the likes of Slowbro which proves to be quite threatening. Regardless, Earthquake is a necessity on the team for Raikou and weakening Empoleon which looks to be quite the annoyance.
  • Using Shuca Berry on Cobalion without the addition of Crobat would allow the user to have Dragonium Z Haxorus which would ensure it didn't have to lock itself into Outrage all the time. Moreover, this move helps in breaking through Protect users that could try to stall through Haxorus like Alomomola.

Hi. Good to see this is back again since the project's pretty interesting as a concept, personally dislike the team though, but I'll get into why when listing issues and such.

Issues
  • Initially want to go over every listed threat above individually so starting with Swellow, which is honestly not that bad; you have something that outspeeds it, a decent resist and such so you can force it out easily and with Rocks you can revenge it. Either way it's not that common so it's not something I would really be looking to go out of your way for.
  • Bewear threatens most teams that give it opportunities to break so it posing an issue here shouldn't come as a surprise, it isn't the worst though since it's slower than a few of the members and overall locks itself into something you should be able to take advantage of regardless, if the problem is its breaking potential, this isn't the only Pokemon that can do this so I wouldn't be too concerned about it since revenging and smart pivoting works for the most part.
  • Mega Aerodactyl is actually a really big problem to this team. Outspeeds every member except your own Aerodactyl; forcing you to risk Speed ties most likely and the only thing willing to switch-in normally is Shuca Metagross which lacks Bullet Punch anyways so loses to ability to check Aero whatsoever (in the long run) if it initially switches into Earthquake. Definitely something to try to improve facing when considering changes.
  • Last on the listed threats is Nidoking / Nidoqueen, both of which being extremely threatening to any slower offenses that use passive Fairy-types. Doesn't help that they outspeed a majority of the team by default and force extremely favorable positions against most of the team members, although it could be baited by Metagross though that would mean a composition consisting of Nido + Aerodactyl would be extremely difficult for this team to beat. Otherwise, you'd have to hope it doesn't have free opportunities as Aerodactyl lacking Roost is far too easy to wear down with Rocks support.
  • Onto non-listed threats; I wanted to start with Raikou which steamrolls through teams like this that lack a Ground-type, have many Pokemon to easily abuse, and outspeeds a majority of the team. Since the only way to really beat this is by keeping Haxorus / Metagross healthy or having EQ Aerodactyl and hoping it doesn't just abuse Togekiss / Volcanion / potentially Metagross to fire off free Thunderbolts and such, this is something you really want to improve the matchup against when going through changes.
  • Moving on, one of the biggest threats upon my initial scan through is Scizor your only solid switch-in is Stealth Rock weak with no reliable recovery or bulk EVs, most members are threatened out (most importantly the Defog user) and you have no real way of outright OHKOing it if it happens to be a bulky variant bar Volcanion, extremely problematic when Togekiss is pressured and Rocks are up. So this was one of the main things I wanted to really improve matchup against.
  • So there are probably more specific threats I wanted to keep in mind but essentially a lot of it stems from the overall lack of Speed the team has attached to it with Aerodactyl being the only member faster than base 100 and only one priority user.
Changes

Haxorus @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Cobalion @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Fire Blast
- Nasty Plot

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Jolly Nature
- Wing Attack
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Def / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze

• I had a lot of drafts in mind when making the team but had trouble trying to cover up the holes left by the overall lack of Speed in general so this is the best I managed to come up with. First off, Cobalion > Conkeldurr essentially made the team a lot safer vs Scizor, allowed me to change the Rocker of the team, still deal with Fairies well, check Bisharp, help with Aerodactyl and so on. Removing the team's only means of priority seemed a decent trade off considering the Speed boost Cobalion offered to the team overall so I wasn't too worried about that. Fightinium-Z is used over other options right now since Aerodactyl's set atm really wears down a lot of stuff that this thing would appreciate such as Gliscor.
  • Krookodile > Metagross further helped the Speed concerns, being the team's Choice Scarfer and primary Raikou answer. I wasn't too worried about losing Metagross due to Krookodile's inherent Psychic-immunity and ability to check Latias decently. It also helps against Aerodactyl so I wasn't too worried about losing my best check prior as this + Cobalion helps a lot against it.
  • Tentacruel > Volcanion was arguably the most significant change I had to go for considering it would change the role of Togekiss and remove another breaker from the team. However, should I keep Volcanion and Defog Togekiss, I felt the team would be too pressured by Stealth Rock in general and would rather have more safety. This is especially concerning when considering Togekiss was the team's sole Fighting-resist as well. Moreover, Tentacruel provided good synergy to the rest of the team through Toxic Spikes which wear down opponents. The given EVs are enough to outspeed Nidoking while retaining bulk.
  • AoA Aerodactyl > Hone Claws was the next change in mind considering I already had a vast number of setup sweepers and being able to check or deal with certain Pokemon seemed a lot more important than having yet another setup sweeper / balance breaker. Wing Attack is preferred here imo considering how you'd want this to be able to KO the likes of Keldeo and Conkeldurr when it comes down to it and the overall neutral coverage is appreciated.
  • NP Togekiss > Defog Togekiss is the last change I made. As Tentacruel has taken over the entry hazard removal role, I needed Togekiss to play a different one. Seeing as how the best option at this point to make up for removing many of the team's previous breakers was to add another one, NP Togekiss seemed a good route to take. I didn't want it to be too overall passive or lacking in damage considering the team already had decent Speed, making Thunder Wave less necessary, so I decided upon a more offensive variant with Fire Blast to more or less lure in Scizor and Bisharp, as well as dealing with other Steel-types like Metagross and Cobalion.
Other Options
  • If I felt it didn't change too much of the team, I would've probably had Crobat > Togekiss since the Flyinium Z set with Taunt would have had good synergy with the team's entry hazard stacking.
  • Should the above change be done, Shuca Berry Cobalion would've been the go-to option for better pivoting into Nidoking. It's not a bad option regardless though and should be taken into consideration. In a similar vein, Steelium Z Cobalion would've also helped against Nidoking but also ensure you could outright OHKO Clefable and better deal with Gliscor.
  • You could go a variety of moves on Aerodactyl, like Crunch or Pursuit but considering we already had Pursuit on Krookodile, that move didn't see too necessary. Crunch, however, could've been interesting for removing Latias and weakening the likes of Slowbro which proves to be quite threatening. Regardless, Earthquake is a necessity on the team for Raikou and weakening Empoleon which looks to be quite the annoyance.
  • Using Shuca Berry on Cobalion without the addition of Crobat would allow the user to have Dragonium Z Haxorus which would ensure it didn't have to lock itself into Outrage all the time. Moreover, this move helps in breaking through Protect users that could try to stall through Haxorus like Alomomola.
i fully agree with this post, looking back on the team it did seem quite weak to common threats such as scizor.
one very minor threat that is quite uncommon but still exists nonetheless is Trick Room P2. As long as Toxic Spikes aren't down, it can switchin on most of the unboosted team and set up Trick Room. The best example would be P2 switching into Tentacruel, getting a SpA boost from Download, and either setting up Trick Room if it isn't set up already or beating Tenta with boosted Thunderbolt. Ice Beam also OHKOs Krook and Thunderbolt 2HKO's Cobalion. If the P2 player mispredicts and Krook or Coba get a free switch, it can easily pivot into another bulky powerhouse such as Mega Blastoise or Escavalier, although neither like switching on an All-Out-Pummeling.
All in all, Trick Room can pose a problem if not played around properly, but Trick Room is uncommon enough as is and probably not a big deal :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)