approved by Hogg and King UU | cohosted by Sacri' | credits to Jackii for the banner :>
What constitutes an underrated and / or creative moveset?
- Creative Movesets would be those that are:
- Not commonly seen on the ladder whatsoever.
- It successfully pulls off a role, and is not strictly outclassed by others.
- It takes advantage of metagame trends.
- It might be able to surprise and demolish Pokemon that normally counter the usual sets, but does not become a gimmick in order to do so.
- It has had some success. [sufficient testing / replays (duh)]
- Underrated Movesets would be those that are:
- Somewhat common but still under-utilised despite being effective choices in the current metagame.
- Underrated sets are meant to prey on specific facets of the metagame.
What are some things that constitute a gimmick?
- Movesets that are highly inconsistent.
- Unviable pokemon.
- Movesets that are inferior and ineffective compared to existing movesets, or use an obscure move for the sake of hitting an even more obscure check or counter.
A shitty gimmick is not limited to the above, though. To quote Potter Stewart, "I know it when I see it."
- NO SHITTY GIMMICKS. They don't add any positives to the discussion and only derail the thread. These posts may be subject to being deleted.
- Explain a little as to what your set does and how it accomplishes it's goal.
- If you could specify whether your set is creative or underrated that would be swell.
- If I like your post it means I'm adding your set. If I don't then that's too bad.
- Replays are encouraged for creative sets. Use common sense when it comes to posting these...That means no replays from 1000 rankings.
- If you want to dump a bunch of creative movesets, the above rules still apply.