Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Tail
- Brick Break

Importable set^^

You definitely can change up moves and EVs as needed, but the general theme is new as far as I know: Kommo-o using its typing, ability and bulk to pose a unique defensive threat. It is unique because the main Pokemon it counters is a varied list: Bisharp, CM Chandelure, Crawdaunt, Volcanion, Infernape and Krookodile. The first five are pretty effective stall breakers so its nice to have one Pokemon stop them all while still providing two main sources of utility: phazing and status absorbing. It also checks a whole bunch of Pokemon in a pinch like Scizor and Cobalion, which are also top tier threats, although you'll need another Pokemon to deal with them reliably.

As for the details of this set, all I did was maximize physical bulk and give it enough speed to beat Adamant Crawdaunt (I think, I will double check later). Bulletproof is essential for beating Chandelure and Focus Blast Infernape and Rest Sleep Talk gives you a source of unreliable but still useful Recovery. Unfortunately the STAB moves are quite weak even though you have good Attack so you might want to use Sky Uppercut to get a little more power (much better chance to OHKO Crawdaunt with just SR and 81% chance to 2HKO Cobalion factoring in accuracy but not crits). Its a bit passive even with Dragon Tail so naturally, like everything I post on this Godless site, it needs to be paired with even more walls - Cleric support is obviously beneficial and it will need another physical wall to get things it cannot beat.

This set only has moderate special bulk and a very notable Fairy weakness so its bait for top tier attackers like Primarina and Mew. Rest Talk is not always great Recovery, particularly as you often need to switch into Knock Offs, so you get worn down if you're trying to counter 2+ Pokemon without backup.

Here is example of some team support that adequately covers these weaknesses: https://pastebin.com/f331fQE8

Unfortunately with the large amount of threats, the team has to be polished to say the least in order to not get mowed down by threats like NP Azelf. Still you can see some of the basic synergy that Kommo-o contributes to and uses, it counters Crawdaunt when nothing else really can switch in while benefiting from Granbull's Heal Bell - should I choose to use that over Roar, as I often do.

Overall this set does give you some more options in building defensive teams because it counters some top tier stall breakers by itself.

Z-Howl Entei

Z-Howl is a pseudo Swords Dance (gives +2 attack), a move Entei could only dream of. With a fantastic base 115 attack and Extreme Speed in its movepool, Entei makes a terrifying cleaner. With Substitute, a really good bulk and typing, it can set up a substitute on a lot of Pokémon such as Scizor, Bisharp, Clefable, Amoonguss and passive Pokémon.

Entei @ Normalium Z
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute / Flare Blitz / Stone Edge
- Howl
- Sacred Fire / Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed

Enough HP for 101 HP substitutes, max attack Adamant for power and rest was put in speed. If running coverage over Substitute, just put the HP EVs in Speed.
do you have any replays of this set? it seems really interesting but i want to see how it is in an actual battle

Electrium-Z Gengar

Gengar (M) @ Electrium Z
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Destiny Bond

This is basically just a set I made together in my spare time. It can deal with alot of bulky water types Gengar can't normally deal with. This set has changed the game around for me a couple of times and most definitely catch my opponent off guard.

252 SpA Gengar Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Blastoise: 366-432 (101.1 - 119.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Gengar Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Keldeo: 416-490 (128.7 - 151.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Gengar Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tentacruel: 328-386 (90.1 - 106%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Gengar Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 76 SpD Slowking: 328-386 (83.2 - 97.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:
Electrium-Z Gengar

Gengar (M) @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Destiny Bond

252 SpA Gengar Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Blastoise: 366-432 (101.1 - 119.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Gengar Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Keldeo: 416-490 (128.7 - 151.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Gengar Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tentacruel: 328-386 (90.1 - 106%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Gengar Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Slowking: 352-416 (89.3 - 105.5%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
While I agree that these calcs are cool, especially for Gengar which struggles to OHKO things a lot of the time, you need to have a couple sentences at least, as a description of what the set does. Also, the standard (not so much common, but correct, rather) Slowking spread is 252 HP / 76 SpD with a Calm nature, which Gigavolt Havoc fails to OHKO.

sparrow

kacaw
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Tornadus
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Taunt / U-turn
Tornadus is a Defog deterrent that I find acceptable over Bisharp. Its superior speed and coverage are what set it apart from Bisharp in general; it's really going to be doing some massive damage to the opposing team after a +2 boost. This variant of Tornadus fits well on teams that run a heavy amount of hazard stack. As opposed to Bisharp, Tornadus doesn't stack the Steel types for its team, it's also very underrated and unexpected atm. The first three moves should be self explanatory, it's up to the users discretion as to whether they would like to run Taunt or U-turn. Taunt really gives it so much more utility than U-turn, for example it's able to prevent hazard stack from the opposing team, as well as letting it beat fat mons such as Hippowdon 1v1. U-turn affords it some extra momentum early game; forcing switches isn't hard to do with Tornadus and racking up hazard damage is nice.

Last edited:

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Magic Coat Azelf

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Explosion
- Magic Coat

In my opinion, the only thing that keeps away Azelf from being the ultimate suicide lead is the fact it gets shut down by opposing lead Aerodactyl and has to win a speed tie against opposing Azelfs.

The idea of this set is pretty simple, it lets you win the competition against faster / same speed leads without letting go of an important moveslot - you just bounce back their Taunt and proceed to get up rocks.

r2 of No Team Preview tournament, vs Hairy Toenail: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/azure-gen7uunoteampreview-54347

Azelf got rocks up while also preventing Aerodactyl, a lead that usually beats Azelf, from getting up rocks.

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.

woofy woof (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 142 Def / 112 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Aqua Ring
- Substitute
- Protect

(This set is importable)

This set is similar to Hail Stall Walrein if you had any experience with it a few generations ago. Basically in exchange for taking one extra turn of set up, taking one extra moveslot, and losing passive Hail damage, you get a better defensive typing and stats, Pressure, and Scald (which is only sometimes better than Blizzard). I'll start off by saying that this is mainly a for fun set and there is rarely any reason to use it over the more standard speedy Sub CM Protect Suicune. It is also similar to a Wailord set I can proudly say I innovated and wrote most of the analysis for here: http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/wailord/ That should give you an idea of how Suicune works.

In terms of support you'll want Toxic Spikes, especially because Burn was nerfed, probably Aromatherapy / Heal Bell or else you risk being neutralized by random moves like Flamethrower. If any of you remember Hail Stall from previous generations, you might know Walrein sort of acted like a one Pokemon stall team, with a bit of support it walled entire teams and so it could fit on semi stall quite well. Suicune works similarly and does not have to be placed on a pure stall team; in fact it probably works best if you have a few attackers to deter Defog and punch some holes on the things Suicune cannot wall. I suggest running a few Taunt users or more Substitute users to really abuse the Toxic Spikes, deter Defog, and mess with defenders that try to Rest or heal status.

As for set details, basically all four moves are necessary or else you cannot pull off the SubProtect loop. 252 HP gives you 101 Substitutes but unfortunately that also means you lose 1 net HP every SubProtect cycle so there may be other spreads you want to try. 112 Speed lets you outpace Adamant Crawdaunt (maybe?) or 0 Speed Suicune, one of those relatively slow Pokemon. Unfortunately Relaxed nature is required or else Aqua Ring is illegal.

Here is a team https://pastebin.com/Fr5bxpqF that abuses Suicune as much as possible - its at best subpar on average though, it really shines against some match ups that use a lot of Choice Pokemon though.

Here is a replay of Suicune almost stalling out a Toxicroak (imagine the damage I would have done if I had gotten rid of Toxicroak...and please respect papagoi's creativity lol. i think on this replay the most Aqua Ring showed a little virtue over Calm Mind): http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-561015012

Here is a replay of Suicune being a little annoying if nothing else: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-561009361

Here is a replay of Suicune stalling things it really should not need to stall but it worked out fortunately: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-561009361

Hopefully I can get some better games. Who knows, if you ladder you might be next for the 100 turn stall fest? :0

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
I know I'm spamming this thread so if you must, mods can delete this post and merge with above

fancy chansey (Blissey) @ Normalium Z
Ability: Natural Cure
Serious Nature
- Heal Bell

Pros from most to least important:
  • Immunity to Trick from Gengar, Chandelure, Latias, Rotom, Togekiss etc.
  • One time equivalent of Soft-boiled twice + Heal Bell in one turn if needed, great against offense
  • Reduced Knock off damage
  • Can restore stats one time if needed (maybe for Seed Flare drop?) w/ other normal moves
Cons from most to least important:
  • Passive recovery lost means its harder / impossible to wall certain threats you should wall more easily (Specs Primarina, CM Raikou, Psyshock Latias)
  • Opportunity cost, particularly if you use Blissey on a nonstall team that might need another Z move (however you can still run say Fightium Z Cobalion too, just cannot use both Z moves)
Overall, consider this Blissey if you are weak to Trick

sparrow

kacaw
Keldeo @ Salac Berry
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Substitute
- Endeavor
In theory this set is really counter-intuitive and seems ineffective; but in practice subsalac + endeavor Keldeo is an effective lure + psuedo scarf sweeper for its team. This Keldeo is effective at luring a large portion of its checks & counters and removing them for its team. Pokemon such as Latias, Clefable, Primarina, Starmie, Celebi, Togekiss, Amoonguss, Slowbro, Tentacruel, Mantine, Slowking, Cresselia face issues against this set in particular. Of course, one could argue that simply running Choice Specs could help break through the majority of these Pokemon; by running Substitute + Salac Berry Keldeo also gains the ability to out speed faster threats - think M-Aerodactyl, Raikou etc. Substitute + Endeavor is annoying for common stall cores to face, and it's especially effective on hazard stack builds. Keldeo's team particularly loves having these aforementioned Pokemon effectively lured.

This set is very uncommon but is gaining a small amount of traction; it's certainly no Choice Specs breaker, Choice Scarf sweeper, or Calm Mind z-Crystal lure. By endeavouring to combine an effective way of luring its checks and counters, breaking walls through the use of endeavor, and providing a pseudo Choice Scarf; I truly believe this Keldeo is able to carve a small niche for itself on offence builds through versatility and surprise factor.

Hilomilo

High-low My-low
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This thread's a little inactive, so what with having posted a ton in this subforum lately, I'd like to spice things up some by talking about a rather unconventional Pokemon - Kantonian Ninetales! :D

Lately on the viability rankings thread, there's been a lot of talk in regards to dropping Ninetales, since people seem to think that it isn't as good of a sun supporter as Torkoal. While that in itself is debatable, my personal belief is that Ninetales isn't ranked because it supports teams with sun, but because it wallbreaks with sun. A lot of people are really sleeping on this poor thing under the mentality that it's supplying things like Venusaur and Darmanitan with sun, and I want to prove those people wrong with the following set:

Ninetales @ Firium Z
Ability: Drought
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Nasty Plot
- Sunny Day / Hypnosis

I've been messing around with this set with the support of both Sticky Web and Stealth Rock, and it's honestly done absolute wonders considering so many people underestimate Ninetales. Fire Blast, Solar Beam, and Nasty Plot all have pretty straight forward functions, while Sunny Day is really nice for resetting sun if hail or sand disrupt Ninetales's favorite weather, and Hypnosis can be used to help Ninetales create its own setup opportunities. As for the Firium Z, it's nearly essential in unlocking Ninetales's true potential, as it allows for some insane damage on threats that on paper, you'd think could easily deal with it. Here are some examples:

+2 252 SpA Ninetales Inferno Overdrive (185 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latias in Sun: 262-309 (87 - 102.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 SpA Ninetales Inferno Overdrive (185 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Hydreigon in Sun: 357-421 (109.8 - 129.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Ninetales Inferno Overdrive (185 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tentacruel in Sun: 281-331 (77.1 - 90.9%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 SpA Ninetales Inferno Overdrive (185 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey in Sun: 508-598 (71.1 - 83.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery (Fire Blast does over 40, which easily finishes it off)
+2 252 SpA Ninetales Inferno Overdrive (185 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Arcanine in Sun: 396-466 (103.3 - 121.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Ninetales Inferno Overdrive (185 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Unaware Clefable in Sun: 358-423 (90.8 - 107.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 SpA Ninetales Inferno Overdrive (185 BP) vs. 252 HP / 176 SpD Hippowdon: 463-546 (110.2 - 130%) -- guaranteed OHKO

As you can see, Nasty Plot Ninetales with a Firium Z is a criminally underrated threat, and seriously deserves more recognition for the absolutely ridiculous power it has behind its attacks. Thanks for reading!

Hey Hilomilo , very interesting set. I think a more impressive calc against Blissey is this one
+4 252 SpA Ninetales Inferno Overdrive (185 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey in Sun: 760-895 (106.4 - 125.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO,
because it means that it can't attempt to Softboiled the damage off and wear Sun out—assuming it switched in on your first NP, that is.

While all those calcs speak for themselves, do you have any replays of it in action? Just out of curiosity.

Eyan

sleep is the cousin of death
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Since this has half turned into a meme, I might as well post about it.

Slowking @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 232 HP / 52 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Fire Blast
-
-

I present to you Timid AV Slowking, or as Hikari dubbed this, turbo Slowking. The idea behind this set is that it's EVed to outspeed uninvested Scizor and OHKO standard 248 HP / 136 SpD spreads with Fire Blast. Obviously, you'd have to scout to know what kind of Scizor the opponent is actually using, and it's not going to work against Choice Band or offensive SD, but it's a pretty neat lure and "check" to bulky SD Scizor if it turns out to be that. The extra Speed is pretty handy at times too. Even with all that Speed investment, it still retains enough bulk to check Pokemon like Keldeo. You're free to run any other moves in the last two slots depending on what your team needs, as is the case with AV Slowking in general (Ice Beam, Dragon Tail, Psyshock/Psychic, Future Sight). Not much else to say here; it's just AV Slowking that sacrifices some extra bulk or power for a neat tech.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7uu-272243

From the replay above, I used it on my team for UUPL week 2 against bro fist. He had a bulky Scizor, which would have gave me a chance to show off the set properly, but it went down to another Fire Blast beforehand. Either way, on turn 7, you can see the Slowking outspeeding bro fist's Clefable and barely missing out on the KO due to a roll, although I could've played it better by clicking Scald both times for better rolls. Pretty much the main showcase I've had of the set so far outside of ladder.

Last edited:

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Bulky Infernape

This is an underrated/overlooked set than anything but oh well, why not post regarding it... it's free after all.

Infernape @ Rocky Helmet / Leftovers
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flamethrower
- Slack Off

Bulky Infernape is really good in the current metagame. Its typing, speed and average bulk allow it to check Scizor and Bisharp really well. Not only that, it has Stealth Rock and reliable recovery. There is not much to say about here since I am pretty sure you all know what this set does. In some ways, this is no more than a better Arcanine. I prefer Rocky Helmet more than Leftovers so it can punish Scizor and Bisharp better. Flamethrower has the same BP as Iron Fist boosted Fire Punch but both Scizor and Bisharp has better Def than SpD so it's better to hit them on the special side.

Enough speed EVs to outspeed Jolly Bisharp and the rest of the EVs were put in bulk, but the EVs can be manipulated to fit your needs.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-574288706
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-574290724

Lixx

Banned deucer.

Gengar @ Fairium Z
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Will-O-Wisp

So here is something fun. With the recent rise of stall I was thinking to myself.. "Hmm Lixx how do we kill those pesky mandibuzzes that we see". Like a bolt of lighting I was struck with such innovation. While having a 12.5% chance to ohko pyshdef mandibuzz it also kills most of the Hydreigon population. It kills pretty much all dark types execpt Bisharp.
It can't be much worse than bulky infernape so I figured I'd post it here.

252 SpA Gengar Twinkle Tackle (160 BP) vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Mandibuzz: 364-430 (86.4 - 102.1%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Gengar Twinkle Tackle (160 BP) vs. 240 HP / 216+ SpD Mandibuzz: 268-316 (63.6 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Gengar Twinkle Tackle (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Hydreigon: 760-896 (233.8 - 275.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Gengar Twinkle Tackle (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Krookodile: 468-552 (141.3 - 166.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Gengar Twinkle Tackle (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Haxorus: 464-548 (158.3 - 187%) -- guaranteed OHKO

As you can see if it's weak to fairy it is going to DIE. I could make more calcs but honestly this set is so fire you should just go out there and get yourself a game with it.

I currently have 4 accounts in the UU Top 500. Recently I've been running an interesting Infernape set to moderate success.

Infernape @ Normalium Z
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Encore
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz

Basically, I switch in on a non-damaging move, then proceed to Z-Encore and Swords Dance. This gives me +2 Atk and +1 Speed, which is perfect for lategame sweeping.

This set lets you set-up against pokemon that commonly wall infernape. It is important to use this against pokemon that won't decide to switch out. For example, coming in on a softboiled clefable or a calm mind suicune.

Last edited:

Gengar @ Fairium Z
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Will-O-Wisp

So here is something fun. With the recent rise of stall I was thinking to myself.. "Hmm Lixx how do we kill those pesky mandibuzzes that we see". Like a bolt of lighting I was struck with such innovation. While having a 12.5% chance to ohko pyshdef mandibuzz it also kills most of the Hydreigon population. It kills pretty much all dark types execpt Bisharp.
It can't be much worse than bulky infernape so I figured I'd post it here.

252 SpA Gengar Twinkle Tackle (160 BP) vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Mandibuzz: 364-430 (86.4 - 102.1%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Gengar Twinkle Tackle (160 BP) vs. 240 HP / 216+ SpD Mandibuzz: 268-316 (63.6 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Gengar Twinkle Tackle (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Hydreigon: 760-896 (233.8 - 275.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Gengar Twinkle Tackle (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Krookodile: 468-552 (141.3 - 166.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Gengar Twinkle Tackle (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Haxorus: 464-548 (158.3 - 187%) -- guaranteed OHKO

As you can see if it's weak to fairy it is going to DIE. I could make more calcs but honestly this set is so fire you should just go out there and get yourself a game with it.
Why not run something like Electrium Z + Thunder if you wanna bait Mandibuzz? Especially considering Focus Blast deals with Hydreigon and Krook anyway, while Haxorus doesn't exactly enjoy taking a sludge wave. Plus Gigavolt Havoc KOs Mega-Aero who's a massive thorn in Gengar's side atm

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Def / 84 SpA
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Fire Blast

Your ordinary Blissey but with a twist, I've been running this set for quite a while, and I can confirm it is really effective. Oftentimes, the number one switch-in to Blissey is either Cobalion or Scizor, since they are pretty much guaranteed a setup turn or free U-Turn. This set guarantees that you will almost always OHKO Scizor with Fire Blast after Stealth Rock. Also, this set will do a massive amount of damage to Cobalion, if you can predict the switch. You can also OHKO an opposing Forretress that decides to setup in your face. The rest is pretty standard, make sure you use Protect to scout out trick/switcheroo.

Last edited:
Ive been trying to bring back agility-gross. And its turning out to be pretty good.

Metagross @ Steelium Z
Ability: Clear body
EVs: 252 atk / 4 def / 252 spe
jolly Nature
- Meteor mash
- Ice punch
- Zen headbutt/Earthquake
- Agility

I prefer zen headbutt with a jolly nature. It lets you hit bulky waters harder and OHKO stuff like scarf keldeo. Steelium Z lets you ohko hydreigon and krookodile, and clear body is really nice to avoid intimidate. But if you rather want to hit steels like cobalion and empoleon earthquake can be used. But Scizor is going to counter you either way.

I tried to pair it with magneton, but it it sucked team synergy wise and was very predictable. Instead I let all my other members have a way to beat steel types. These are my last two battles. Metagross shines in both

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-579210008
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-579245577

Last edited:

Moutemoute

Error 404
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion

Scizor @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Imo, Scarf Scizor is a great 'Mon in the actual metagame. Latias is basically everywhere and is kinda nice to be able to RK this threat easily while pivoting.
Basically, with Choice Scarf Scizor can outspeed 115 BS which mean it can RK Starmie, Absol-Mega, Latias, Celebi, non Scarf Hydrei / Krook and do some serious damage to Cobalion as you can see :

• 252 Atk Scizor Superpower vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Cobalion: 212-250 (65.6 - 77.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
• 252 Atk Scizor Superpower vs. -1 0 HP / 0 Def Cobalion: 316-372 (97.8 - 115.1%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO (after a Close Combat)

Tbh it's a cool lure, just try it !

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.

snekky snek (Steelix) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def/ 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

EVs obviously maximize special bulk, some physical bulk or Impish nature can be used to help versus threats like Mega Aerodactyl and Bisharp at the expense of being worse against Clefable, Latias and Togekiss.

Sheer Force Iron Head can be used although Heavy Slam is stronger against those three special threats. Roar is nice to phaze and disrupt Wish users but other utility moves like Dragon Tail, Toxic and Rest should be considered too. And Mega Steelix can run the exact same set if it drops, with basically better everything at the expense of Leftovers.

This Steelix set is a good support Pokemon because it:
  • Counters or checks a lot of the top threats (Clefable, Latias, Togekiss, Bisharp, Raikou, Mega Aerodactyl, Scizor)
  • Has a lot of utility (sets up SR, phazes, Electric immunity)
  • Uses its movepool to be active (phazes and relatively strong for a defensive Pokemon with above average coverage)
As long as you either give it Wish support or use it on more balanced teams so you do not have to be constantly defending the whole game, Steelix performs well it all of its roles and because those roles are relevant for most teams, Steelix is definitely usable in the current metagame.

The three big problems with using Steelix:
  • Lack of recovery (mitigated by Leftovers and Wish)
  • Weakness to random coverage moves (Fire on Clefable, Superpower Scizor, Aqua Tail Mega Aerodactyl)
  • Bait for some threats Keldeo, Volcanion, Primarina, Conkeldurr (although they all take decent damage from STAB moves at least)
Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-582927757
The best replay I have of Steelix doing work as you might expect because they have three Pokemon Steelix checks/counters (Latias, Raikou and Scizor) while all their switchins to Steelix take a decent amount of damage.

Nalei

strong, wild garbage

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dig
- Swords Dance
- Facade
- Agility

At first glance, you're probably wondering if I'm mentally disabled or 5 years old. eht: that's horrible
I kid you not though, this set is fucking amazing. Double Dance Gliscor shreds stall teams lacking Unaware users as standard Gliscor does, but enjoys an incredible matchup against balance and offense archetypes too thanks to it's immediate damage output and ability to boost its speed. Dig is another interesting draw of the set. It sounds bad on paper and is criticized as a "noob move," but is actually very beneficial. Without Roost, Gliscor can be very easy to wear down over the course of longer matches, severely reducing Gliscor's ability to sweep against teams with multiple priority users or walls. Dig, however, gives Gliscor an extra turn of Poison Heal recovery, allowing Gliscor to hold over better. Here's some replays which demonstrate Double Dance Gliscor's dominance:

Gliscor taking advantage of passive threats: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-587110527
Softening a check early game to sweep late game: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-587122745
Tearing apart semi-stall:http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-587130889
Klefki for set-up fodder: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-587133578
Finals of tournament, Gliscor clutches out a near loss: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-587143661

CBU

Banned deucer.
What do you mean they actually found a pokemon that switches comfortably into Mamoswine?Who?WHO? Buzzwole? BUZZWOLE?lolz (if they run max speed Buzzwole and outspeed you, call them garbage,cause they absolutely are, and click x). Ok so this thing felt like a gimmick at first but after testing it proved to be very useful. In my eyes Buzzwole isn't as much of a good mon, as it is an annoying mon. If a team has a Buzzwole, 99% it is their Mamoswine switchin making it very easy to snipe it on the switch and after that we all know what Life Orb Mamoswine does to teams.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 240 Atk / 16 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Stealth Rock/Knock Off/Superpower/Icicle Crash
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake​

16 SpA Life Orb Mamoswine Hidden Power Flying vs. 52 HP / 152 SpD Buzzwole: 229-270 (62.2 - 73.3%)
16 SpA Life Orb Mamoswine Hidden Power Flying vs. 204 HP / 12 SpD Buzzwole: 281-333 (69.2 - 82%)
16 SpA Life Orb Mamoswine Hidden Power Flying vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Buzzwole: 286-338 (80.5 - 95.2%)​

Attachments

SPACE FORCE meeps

LAW & ORDER!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion

Krookodile @ Eject Button
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 112 HP / 144 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

eject button is a bit of a known tech, but it's generally used on regen pokemon, particularly amoonguss and slowbro due to their abilities to regain health taken, but neither of these pokemon work well on hyper offensive teams. i used this krook set pre-uupl and i've been using it again lately. the eject button tech on krook works in the same way as the aforementioned pokemon, it is particularly useful for trapping scizor when paired with magneton (this set probably should not be used without magneton). as i've suggested, this set works better on hyper offensive teams, so it's probably going to be paired with some setup pokemon, so you can use it to try and setup with other pokemon, after pivoting with eject button, against some pokemon which choice lock themselves into u-turn or resisted attack. i pair this krook with ninetales-alola, and eject button allows me to bring in ninetales much more safely, without always needing to sack a pokemon to do so, thus allowing ninetales to setup aurora veil more effectively. this set also has an interesting late game utility if eject button is preserved (you don't always have to try and lead with krook and setup rocks); with intimidate, krook can switch into some late-game physical sweepers (particularly sharpedo, aerodactyl, and now mega swampert), take a hit, pivot with eject button, then brought back in to be sacked, which efficiently brings the opposing pokemon down to -2 attack, which can be useful for preventing a late game sweep. the intimidate and pivot strat is also good if you need to weak something to allow one of your own pokemon to setup. and of course, krook maintains its main utility, with rocks and knock off support. sometimes the eject button may be a drawback in situations when you want krook to stay-in, such as when krook is your best option to damage a faster pokemon, but you are forced to make an unnecessary pivot, but overall i really like its utility on hyper offensive teams. i originally used 112 hp to always survive band scizor u-turn, but went to 68 defense instead, but after further analysis i think 112 hp may be better as it can take some special attacks better as well (latias in particular) while not really losing any potential KOs with the reduced attack.

For the Mamoswine, why not just run Toxic instead of HP Flying.

Anyways, this isn't really creative but it is definitely highly underrated. This is the strongest Wallbreaker in UU and can 2HKO almost every Pokemon in UU. If you need something to bust through stall, then this guy will do the job.

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Ability: Justified
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack
- Poison Jab

Last edited:

CBU

Banned deucer.
For the Mamoswine, why not just run Toxic instead of HP Flying.

Because that thing behind a sub still destroys offensive builds even with poison. Not to mention it minimizes that toxic damage with leech life plus lefties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)