SM UU Simple Questions Thread

esche

AKA Wang Fire
is a Tiering Contributor
Let's see, Swampert and Tentacruel share... Huh? Zero weaknesses!

So no, it's perfectly fine to incorporate both of them on the same team. However, outside of the electric immunity that Swampert provides for Tentacruel, they don't cover each others weaknesses exactly well (Psychic, Ground, Grass all hitting neutral). Therefore, be sure to account for them with the rest of your team! Stacking types is generally not a big deal if you pay attention that their weaknesses don't become too complicated to deal with - and it can even make for a great strategy to utilize Pokémon of the same type (as a lure for a common switch-in for example!).

Last edited:
Any word on the lower ranked mons? I don't see much said about them, and I'm not able to play myself for a while. Did USUM bring anything significant to them, or are they not worth discussing? Figured everyone was still playing with their shiny new snakes and banning dragons to pay much attention.

And while I'm at it, any word on lower tier mon being more relevant?

Any word on the lower ranked mons? I don't see much said about them, and I'm not able to play myself for a while. Did USUM bring anything significant to them, or are they not worth discussing? Figured everyone was still playing with their shiny new snakes and banning dragons to pay much attention.

And while I'm at it, any word on lower tier mon being more relevant?
Florges comes to mind since it now has sometime to differentiate itself from Sylveon through Defog (though it's 4MSS is more apparent with the addition of Defog). Other than that, maybe Necrozma could be looked into (got a lot of new moves such as Earth Power, Heat Wave, Photo Gyser, etc.) since I haven't seen it at all, Rotom-C also got Defog but it is overshadowed by Washtom for the most part.

Hi, I haven’t been here in quite a while. Just wanted to ask, is there a way I could build a team around A-Sandslash? I do love the Pokémon and I think I could build a team around it that uses hail, but I’m not too familiar with the metagame at the moment.
Also how does Golisopod and Decidueye fair?