SM UU Simple Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
• In SM UU, I guess it's Steelium Z / Fightium Z Cobalion. Resist K-Off and get Justified Boost + Z-Stone can't be K-Off away.
• Keldeo Waterium Z isn't as good as Cobalion but it's kinda good too.
• Normalium-Z Azumarill don't care a lot of Knock Off (but be careful vs Bisharp with Iron Head).
• Gliscor and Mandibuzz can be good too (for the first one only if it's ability is activate).

But i'm not agree with K-Off spam in SM UU. As I can see in the UU Ladder, K-Off isn't use as much that in XY and ORAS UU.

• In SM UU, I guess it's Steelium Z / Fightium Z Cobalion. Resist K-Off and get Justified Boost + Z-Stone can't be K-Off away.
• Keldeo Waterium Z isn't as good as Cobalion but it's kinda good too.
• Normalium-Z Azumarill don't care a lot of Knock Off (but be careful vs Bisharp with Iron Head).
• Gliscor and Mandibuzz can be good too (for the first one only if it's ability is activate).

But i'm not agree with K-Off spam in SM UU. As I can see in the UU Ladder, K-Off isn't use as much that in XY and ORAS UU.
Oh, yes - Gliscor! I forgot about him, great Pokemon overall. And Cobalion too. Thanks for the suggestions!

I feel like I have been seeing knock off a lot, but maybe I am overreacting. Whatevs. I spam knock off just as much as my opponents do, so I guess it all balances out in the end

Last edited:
I haven't played this generation so much, only recently got interested in actual competition.
I'm curious about this, what happened with Azumarill this gen? From what I've seen it avoided being quickbanned 3 times now and it's also not as viable in OU as it used to. What changed?

What is a good EV spread for bulky swords dance Scizor?
Euhmm.. I guess classic 248 HP - 252 Atk - 8 Spd / Spe
But you can run EV in Speed to outspeed special things :

• to outspeed 70 BS without investisment (need 44 EV)
• to outspeed 50 BS max speed neutral nature like Azumarill (need 136 EV in that situation)
• Or even 216 to outspeed max speed neutral nature 60 BS (like Specs Primarina / Sylveon)

I haven't played this generation so much, only recently got interested in actual competition.
I'm curious about this, what happened with Azumarill this gen? From what I've seen it avoided being quickbanned 3 times now and it's also not as viable in OU as it used to. What changed?
Azumarill struggle a lot in Overused because there is a lot a new threat like Tapu Koko (Electric Type), Tapu Bulu (Grass Type) or event Tapu Lele (which blocks priority with Psychic Terrain). Other things Like Katagami, Xurkitree or even Toxapex can check or counter the blue rabbit. So that's why is not use as much and drop in UU.
In SM UU it's a pretty dangerous threat thanks to Normalium Z + Belly Drum (which basically heal 100% of his health before using Belly Drum). Azumarill also have good typing for the tier + coverage + priority (like in ORAS you know).

Azumarill struggle a lot in Overused because there is a lot a new threat like Tapu Koko (Electric Type), Tapu Bulu (Grass Type) or event Tapu Lele (which blocks priority with Psychic Terrain). Other things Like Katagami, Xurkitree or even Toxapex can check or counter the blue rabbit. So that's why is not use as much and drop in UU.
In SM UU it's a pretty dangerous threat thanks to Normalium Z + Belly Drum (which basically heal 100% of his health before using Belly Drum). Azumarill also have good typing for the tier + coverage + priority (like in ORAS you know).
Thank you for your reply. It does seem like a huge threat with Z-Belly Drum (I had read about that before). So what makes it only very good instead of outright broken in this current UU?

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So what makes it only very good instead of outright broken in this current UU?
That conclusion has not been reached yet. It was brought up three times for a reason. I personally voted ban on Azu each time. I think that it has every tool it needs to fit whatever mould of team you need it to. It invalidates a huge amount of other fantastic options that are currently unexplored because why would you use something worse than Azu? But that's just my opinion, the other council members might disagree with me. I know some of them think that it's manageable, but I find that when I use it or face it, it outperforms other relative mons with access to strong priority and reasonable bulk.

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Raikou237 said:
I've been using a bulky spread of 248 HP / 96 Def / 152 SpD / 12 Spe with an Impish nature. At the cost of immediate power, this spread allows Scizor to effectively check Mega-Aerodacyl, surviving two Stone Edges after Rocks and Leftovers recovery (95.3%), and NP Mew without Fire coverage (+2 Aurasphere does not 2HKO, +2 Genesis Supernova does not kill after Rocks). 12 Spe is usually enough for creeping base 65s like Umbreon and Alomomola before they hit you with Foul Play or Scald respectively.

Accel

thanks for the memories
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Regular Scizor has been a really nice fit on many teams thus far due to its high versatility, but it's also kept in check by quite a few mons at the moment. Keldeo, Cobalion, Volcanion, Tentacruel, and even stuff like Forretress that can tank a hit and pivot out into something like Victini, are just some of the options that can be used to tackle Scizor. I've even seen HP Fire Latias, Celebi, Klefki, and others as of late, and most of these mons would normally be walled and subsequently forced out by Scizor. Given this, I think it's safe to say that Scizor will remain UU for quite some time.

ehT

:dog:
is a Contributor Alumnus
Esche's spread is awesome, but it's worth noting that max SpDef Careful can tank a surprising amount of things:

252 SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Dark Pulse vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Scizor: 138-164 (40.2 - 47.8%) -- 2.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Primarina Hydro Pump vs. 248 / 252+ SpD Scizor: 241-285 (70.2 - 83%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Latias Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Scizor: 255-302 (74.3 - 88%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

-2 252 SpA Life Orb Latias Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Scizor: 130-156 (37.9 - 45.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery (lives this + Draco on the switch)

That said, this spread is more situational than Esche's (being a Steel type that gets 2HKO'd by M-Aero isn't a good look), but I hope this shows you shouldn't be afraid to run it as a dedicated Fairy / Dragon resist on BO, especially when paired with a Water type, since you obviously shouldn't be staying in on any of the moves I listed.

Accel

thanks for the memories
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
That's up to the council's discretion. I'm not aware of a specific order as of now, and this information usually hasn't been available to the public in the past.

If you believe a certain mon is potentially broken (or one in BL that you think would fit well in a more defined meta), then please, don't hesitate to voice your opinion in the NP thread. Who knows, your post might end up gaining traction and eventually lead to a resolution!

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but when all the mega stones are released, are they all automatically considered OU, or will we get the ones from UU last gen and test them, and others go up/drop by usage?

sam-testings

What a beautiful face, I have found in this place
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but when all the mega stones are released, are they all automatically considered OU, or will we get the ones from UU last gen and test them, and others go up/drop by usage?
They will go to OU and drop to the lower tiers from there.

with this alolan speed curse, is LO jolly scizor a viable option this gen? i mean it outspeeds and OHKO at +2 Incineroar, CB Prima, uninvested Komala, Decidueye and even Necrozma. It also outspeeds and has high chance to 2HKO defensive volcanion with superpower at +2. any thoughts?

ehT

:dog:
is a Contributor Alumnus
Jolly is definitely the way to go on offensive Sciz. 65 is a really key Speed tier for the reason that you mentioned -- ie, that it puts you above a bunch of key defensive mons, such as Suicune and opposing bulky Scizor. There's also a slew of slow offensive threats, such as Primarina and Mega Blastoise, that are all in a Speed creep arms race atm, that you won't have to worry about either.

Last edited:
Toxicroak set?
Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch/Ice Punch
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
Toxicroak @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb
- Vacuum Wave
- Dark Pulse
Toxicroak can go physical or special.

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
OliSTDS said:
Toxicroak set?
I'm guessing you're asking for a Toxicroak set that works well in the current meta. I haven't played much versus it but I did try out a bulky SD set on offense myself to act as a Keldeo check (mostly to discourage opponents from clicking Scald tbh) while being able to break down defensive cores and dealing with Suicune.

This is the set I use:

Toxicroak @ Black Sludge
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

I chose Knock Off on this particular set because it is meant to weaken walls for other team members, getting rid off their passive recovery (there's also nothing more satisfying than knocking off a Toxic Orb from Gliscor on the switch). Sucker Punch is an option to fare better versus faster Mons I guess but the decrease in base power this generation does hurt it, especially considering this set does not carry a Life Orb. Speed investement on this is a matter of personal judgement, I like to go with 242 speed: Gives Toxicroak the edge over Adamant Bisharp and Honchkrow as well as max speed base 60s like Bewear, Sylveon and Primarina (not like they commonly run that much speed but you hit that mark anyway so yeah nice bonus I guess). Try it out, has been working out for me!

For me i dont understand why Gardevoir isnt uu anymore, shes still a solid pokemon. Mega Gardevoir i know will remain ou when she gets her mega stone but idk why regualr gard is RU now instead of UU were i think she belongs still even though she just came out through pokebank.

For me i dont understand why Gardevoir isnt uu anymore, shes still a solid pokemon. Mega Gardevoir i know will remain ou when she gets her mega stone but idk why regualr gard is RU now instead of UU were i think she belongs still even though she just came out through pokebank.
Not that many people are using regular gardevoir in UU, that's why it dropped to RU. A pokemon that has less than (I don't know how much % usage, but let's call it X) X% Usage drops down to the next tier: ex. Gardevoir. It's still usable in UU as you said, but it's an RU pokemon.

Not that many people are using regular gardevoir in UU, that's why it dropped to RU. A pokemon that has less than (I don't know how much % usage, but let's call it X) X% Usage drops down to the next tier: ex. Gardevoir. It's still usable in UU as you said, but it's an RU pokemon.
well thats really upsetting shes bumped down by usage to RU, shes definetely UU and i wish people can see that, shes stronger than people give credit for and at least from what i see nobody is trying to use her in the tier alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)