SM UU Simple Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gardevoir has a huge problem because basically Scizor is everywhere and Bullet Punch juste destroy "her" :
• 0 Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gardevoir: 230-272 (83 - 98.1%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Primarina is easier spammable than Gardevoir too.
The tier is really fast and Gardevoir even with a Scarf is clearly in pain. That's why she dropped in RU, because UU is just too much for her.

Gardevoir still has its niche tho; it's a solid wallbreaker, thanks to its unresisted STABs, and it's not completely outclassed by Primarina as a Choice Specs wallbreaker since it is much faster (outspeeds tier staples such as Volcanion and Bisharp), and has some key resists tanks to its Psychic/Fairy typing (it resists Psyshock from Latias, what's huge). Choice Scarf sets are ok too, but I like Specs more.

I think there is cleary better Cleric option than Umbreon (like Sylveon) because he's a set up folder for a lot of things (Cobalion, Bisharp or even Scizor) + forced to switch because there is too much dangerous fairies.

If you still want to use it, I think a good poison type like tentacruel could be usefull to check Umbreon's threats.

But his niche he's cleary meh.

How is Tsareena in here? I've heard varying opinions about her, one side saying she's total shit and another side saying she's decent.
Tsareena makes for a decent BD Azumarill check and an actually decent spinner. Granted, you'll need to run a bit of speed for that which does cut into her bulk, but she's actually performing rather decently. Not the greatest mon, but definitely usable.

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
It can work on offensive teams to basically guarantee to get off a Sleep Powder (guaranteed means 75% of the time in this case) and/or lay down a Spike or two. If you manage to succeed in the task to keep hazards off the field, neutralize weather and prevent any other prior damage you might be able to use it as a check for threats like Mega Sharpedo which otherwise kills you from full with Psychic Fangs. Seems like an OK lead option at best to me, since it is rather difficult to ensure all of the above-mentioned conditions during the course of a match...

Edit: Maybe HP Fire to catch Scizor off guard? Though that does limit its use as a Spiker/Sleep inducer, which is what I would use Sash Roserade as... if anything.

I haven't played much UU, may i ask why Dhelmise has his own Rank? is it very bad/outclassed or what?
< Our TL's opinion about Dhelmise
Jokes aside, Dhelmise is basically the worst Pokémon in UU due to its sub par Speed stat, really bad defensive typing and bad bulk too. Also, having "three STABs" is not good at all. It's ouclassed by other spinners and defoggers too, mainly Tsareena, Empoleon, Tentacruel and Starmie.

sam-testings

What a beautiful face, I have found in this place
I STILL don't understand exactly what Decidueye does. What makes it a B tier threat?
It is an SD sweeper that has a cool nuke in Z move Spirit Shackle which is very nice sometimes. Spirit Shackle can also trap opponents, which is also very helpful as trapping is quite nice. There are very few good Ghost-type resists these days, making Decidueye not that bad.

Accel

thanks for the memories
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
What is the most common set for Alolan Ninetales in UU?
The majority of Alolan Ninetales I've seen are either running an offensive support set with Aurora Veil or a specs set. The former is a great option to help guarantee setup opportunities on offensive teams or even hail teams, while the latter is a fairly underrated wallbreaker than can crush unprepared teams with its decent coverage. I'll leave both of these sets here for you to play around with n_n

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay / Icy Rock
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blizzard / Freeze-Dry
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Aurora Veil

Ninetales-Alola @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Freeze-Dry

Last edited:
The majority of Alolan Ninetales I've seen are either running an offensive support set with Aurora Veil or a specs set. The former is a great option to help guarantee setup opportunities on offensive teams or even hail teams, while the latter is a fairly underrated wallbreaker than can crush unprepared teams with its decent coverage. I'll leave both of these sets here for you to play around with n_n

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay / Icy Rock
Timid Nature
- Blizzard / Freeze-Dry
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Aurora Veil

Ninetales-Alola @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Freeze-Dry
That specs set is interesting! Thanks!

Is the only thing Decidueye capable of doing this tier SD sweeping? I've read the other comments, of course. I only ask as to learn why that makes it B+ (which is a decent ranking in my books) compared to other SD sweepers. Is it solely because of Spirit Shackle shenanigans?

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Is the only thing Decidueye capable of doing this tier SD sweeping? I've read the other comments, of course. I only ask as to learn why that makes it B+ (which is a decent ranking in my books) compared to other SD sweepers. Is it solely because of Spirit Shackle shenanigans?
Decidueye has a very powerful signature Z move that is also Ghost-type which is tough to switch in on in UU because of the lack of good resists. I think it can also Defogger but it's pretty mediocre because it lets Bisharp in for free

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Its SD set is its only decent set I've seen thus far, but the power of its custom Z move and the trapping aspect of Spirit Shackle makes it particularly proficient at breaking down fat teams. That gives it a pretty nice niche, even if it's not very versatile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)