ORAS OU SMACK! - M-Gardevoir Bulky Offense

- THE MUSIC -

- THE INTRODUCTION -

After ORAS came out, I was starting to loose interest on mons, I started playing in Platinum, and I used to have so much fun with the games. When X and Y got released i tried going for competitive Pokémon. But as from X&Y through ORAS I couldnt battle as well as I expected to, I was getting kind of bored. Suddenly, with Sun & Moon getting announced. My hype was revived and here I am waiting for the release of S&M. In those last 8 months I've been doing much better competitive and peaking on almost 1500 in OU Ladder (wich means a lot for me actually). As a final effort to create a good ORAS OU Team. I decided do to this team. I started with Mega Gardevoir (My 2nd favorite X and Y Mega)(cuz' Mega Garchomp is kind of hard to make good use of) and built the rest of the team around her. I hope you enjoy the team and this RMT gives you benefits (from possibily using the team and liking it) as well as benefits to me (from getting your rates :) Now let's get started:

- THE TEAM BUILDING -

Gardevoir is an amazing wallbreaker by itself, and as it is the starting point of my team, it had to be the first mon.

Gardevoir really enjoys a pursuit partner so I went with Weavile, which turned out to be an amazing revenge killer, and a great option as a Pursuitter, as it outspeed most mons it needs to take down.

Keldeo pairs well with the latter two forming an unusal Psychic/Fighting/Dark Core. Keldeo works as an special revenge killer and performs well against many OU threats.

Hippowdon tanks many physical hits and can check electric types very well, as generally, their HP Ice cannot 2HKO, and Hippo can retaliate with EQ or Stone Edge for Thundurus. Powdon also works as my Birdcheck.

Latias switches into those Special Attackers and provides Defog support, specially for Weavile who's weak to rocks.

Scizor closes the teams as he is a very powerful physical wallbreaker and can provide slow U-Turns to its frailer partners (the first half of the team). Scizor also forms a Steel/Fairy/Dragon Core with Garde and Latias.

- THE TEAM IN DEPTH -

Gardevoir (Mega)
Item

Gardevoirite... Duh!

Ability
Trace before evolving is extremely handy, it can Intimidate many Pokémon, such as Lando-T. make use of ablilities like Flash Fire, Water Absorb, or Lightning Rod. Revenge kill weather sweepers, such as Sand Rush Excadrill or Swift Swim Swampert. With Trace you can also switch into toxic from Poison Heal Pokémon or switch in status from Synchronize, Magic Bounce or even Natural Cure Pokémon. Steal Regenerator to recover HP from switching out, from mons like Amoongus or Slowbro. And Finnaly, Trace allows you to ignore Unaware Calm Mind Clefable's boosts. After mega-evolving, Gardevoir will always have Pixielate, that, together with Hyper Voice, deals massive damage, due to an 1.3x Boost, as well as Fairy STAB.

Moves
-Hyper Voice
Hyper Voice does insane damage alongside Pixielate, Gardevoir's ability after mega-evolving, and really tears through most teams. Hyper Voice litteraly outclasses any possible Fairy STAB on Gardevoir.

-Psyshock | Psychic
Psyschock helps can deal with specially defensive Pokémon that would soak up a Psychic, such as Goodra. And generally, having the ability to attack a foe through both its physical defense or special defense is simply amazing. Alternatively Psychic can be used, specially if you want to avoid having two Psyshock users in the team (the other possibly being Latias) but overall, even though it has lower BP Psyshock is significantly better in Gardevoir's case. Regardless of which one you choose, A Psychic STAB is mandatory on Gardevoir, being needed to deal with the likes of Amoongus and Venusaur, and also doing well against typings that resist Fairies, such as pure fire types.

-Focus Blast
I know that it always misses, but Gardevoir benefits a lot from this Fighting coverage, and it helps to deal with Steel types on the switch, such as Heatran and Magnezone.

-Will o' Wisp | Calm Mind | Healing Wish | Taunt
The last moveslot is always the toughest for Garde. Will o' Wisp is probably the most efficient from the four, as it criples Metagross and Bisharp on the switch. Calm Mind can be used to further wallbreak, but normally it isn't too necessary, but as Gardevoir, being the powerhouse that it is, forces a lot of switches you might get some opportunity to use Calm Mind. Healing Wish can give other team members another chance, though, because of Gardevoir's average speed, it is kind of tricky to pull off. Finnaly, Taunt can be used to shut down Chansey, Clefable, and similar Pokémon from recovering their HP, and it also avoids Bisharp for setting up on you, but overall, Wisp looks like the best choice.

Spread
The EV spread allows Gardevoir to avoid the 2HKO from a Life Orb Latios using Psyschock. Either Timid or Modest can be run. Timid allows for crucial outspeeds such as Jolly Landorus and Excadrill and Timid Heatran. However Modest nature can be used on this team instead for more raw power. 0 IVs on attack are used to minimize confusion and foul play damage, as gardevoir isn't using its attack stat anyways, but tin case you're breeding, any number of IVs for the attack work just as great.

Role
Megardevoir is a speedy special wallbreak and can take on huge portions of the metagame. It is very difficult to switch to due to its absurd Special Attack. Steel Types threaten Gardevoir the most, but if they're switching in you can either Focus Blast or Will o' Wisp on the switch and cripple them HARD. Generally it is not safe to rely on Focus Blast to kill take a Steel-Type Down because it has terrible accuracy so normally your best bet is striking them on the switch, and deal with those steel types with other mons. Garde is also a decent awnser to Rotom-W as Gardevoir walls it and can 2HKO or 3HKO with its STABs. Also Gardevoir's base 100 speed doesnt let it down, securing tons of important outspeeds.

Weavile
Item

Life Orb helps increase the damage output from Weavile's moves and is overall your best item to use on her.

Ability
Pressure and Pickocket don't do much for Weavile, though, the former is generally prefered, as you have an item and it helps wasting PP from moves such as Serperior's Leaf Storm. Pickpocket might see some use in case Weavile gets Knocked Off, but generally you are better off with Pressure.

Moves
-Icicle Crash
Icicle Crash is her main Ice STAB and it helps taking on the likes of Latios and non-scarfed Landorus. Ice Punch is constantly inferior, because even though it has higher accuracy, Ice Punch is weaker.

-Knock Off
There are few Pokémon in this meta that don't mind switching in a Knock Off. The move also serves as Weavile's main Dark STAB and coupled with its huge Attack stat deal absurd damage.

-Ice Shard
Even tough Weavile is pretty fast on its own, there are so many priority users this gen that Weavile needs the Shards, it helps defeating weakened Talonflame, Scizor and Breloom, and deal chip damage before fainting to even faster mons, such as Mega Alakazam, Mega Loppuny or Mega Manectric.

-Pursuit
Pursuit as the last move helps Weavile trap mons such as Latios/Latias, Alakazam, Gengar or any other Pokémon. It can also be used to trap a weakened Pokémon in case Pursuit is guaranteed to kill the opposing Pokémon even if it doesnt switch out. Low Kick could be an option, but trapping Psychic and Ghost types is Weavile's main role on the team.

Spread
The EV Spread maximizes Weav's attack and speed. Always run Jolly to make use of the crazy speed Weavile offers.

Role
Weavile can revenge kill many powerful OU mons out there, list includes the Lati twins, Scarfless Lando-T and Scarfless Garchomp, Gengar, Alakazam, Dragonite (it can kill through Multiscale) and the list goes on... Weavile also has an amazing offensive typing and the team really appreciates the Pursuit support that it provides, eliminating various threats. Also, due to its huge Attack and Speed stats almost any Neutral STAB is not going to be appreciated, and because of that many teams have a problem to check it, allowing it to run wild late game.

Keldeo
Item

Choice Specs improves Keldeo's attacks even further, giving it much powerful options to play with, though, it is a little bit hindering for him to play the "locked into one move game" it is almost vital for him to use his stylish glasses. Life Orb could be run, but honestly, the added power from Specs really benefits our mighty pony.

Ability
Justified doesn't do anything to a special attacker and is straight up useless. But it is the only ability Keldeo gets as of ORAS.

Moves
-Hydro Pump
Hydro Pump decimates anything that doesnt resist or isnt Chansey. Even though it has the miss chance, running it alongside Scald won't be a huge problem as Keldeo has poor movepool anyways...

-Secret Sword
Secret Sword allows Keldeo to hit Specially Defensive Pokémon, as it hits them on the physical side, examples include Chansey, but be careful with the Specs locking you to one of the other three moves, as the team hates switching into Chansey's T-Wave, with the exception of Hippo.

-Scald
Scald is a safer option that Hydro Pump, and even though it may seem stupid to run both in the same set, it isn't. Keldeo can potentially burn many mons on the switch-in, and Scald is also 100% accurate, so if both Hydro Pump and Scald can pick the kill, keeping both might be a great choice, as I'm sure you don't wanna loose your games beacuse Hydro Pump missed where Scald would have KOed too.

-Focus Blast | Icy Wind
Focus Blast is pretty unusual on Keldeo, but it helps against physically defensive steel types, such as Ferrothorn, as Secret Sword can't OHKO the standard set from full, where Focus Blast can. Also, Focus Blast has a surprise factor and deals massive damage as well. Icy Wind can work so it can guarantee a 2HKO on the following: Garchomp, Multiscale Dragonite and Latios, Though, Icy Wind has pretty bad base power, and can be only fired on things that resist water or are quad weak to ice, because even with double damage, Icy Wind can't reach Hydro Pump's damage with STAB boost.

Spread
Timid maximizes Keldeo's speed and ensures many vital outspeeds. The EVs improve Keldeo's Sp. Atk stat and speed.

Role
Keldeo works as a Special Revenge Killer and he can trouble huge portions of the metagame due to its great typing, both offensively and defensively. Keldeo, unlike Weavile, has decent bulk, meaning it can switch into resisted moves well and attack from there, and also survive +6 Azu's Aqua Jet. Keldeo synergizes amazingly with Gardevoir and Weavile, as the three form a powerful Dark/Fighting/Psychic Offensive Core.

Hippowdon
Item

Leftovers is very useful for Hippowdon, as it allows it to turn possible OHKOs into 2HKOs and passively restores the Hippo's health.

Ability
Sand Stream may not look ideal at first, but it helps wear down opponents with chip damage and it might screw up pokémon that rely on Synthesis to recover or Drought + Solar Beam users, such as Charizard-Y and Ninetales, as Hippo switches on the first turn, and in the seconds takes little from a reduced damage Solar Beam, and finally OHKOes them both with Stone Edge and EQ respectively.

Moves
-Earthquake
Earthquake is a very powerful move, and honestly, it is alomost mandatory on Hippo, as he can utilize his powerful Attack Stat in conjunction with this move.

-Slack Off
This move gives Powdon reliable recovery, and helps him deal with huge portions of the metagame much better. Coupled with leftovers, Hippowdon can heal very quickly using Slack Off, meanwhile, sand is doing chip damage to your opponent... Sounds like a great combo for me.

-Stealth Rocks
Stealth Rocks is very important in OU as it wears opponent's pokémon down very easily, unless you have another SRer in your team, which is not the case for this one, its almost stupid not to run this powerful move on Hippo.

-Stone Edge
Stone Edge makes Hippowdon able to check Flying-types, such as Staraptor, Talonflame, Charizard-Y and to an extent Tornadus. Many people put whirlwind in this guy's last slot, but if you do, your only way to deal with those pesky birds would be to revenge kill with Weavile, which is definately not the safer option.

Spread
Impish is vital for Powdon to keep its defensive capabilities, the Sp. Def investment allows Hippo to ensure a 3HKO from LO Thundurus's and M-Manectric's HP Ices, the Defense investment, allows Hippo to avoid the OHKO from +2 LO Terrakion's Close Combat. 4 EVs in Speed allows it to outspeed opposing Hippowdons.

Role
Hippowdon is the team physical wall and the Stealth Rock setter, the Hippo can also deal with Electric and Flying types, which would otherwise threaten the team a lot.

Latias
Item

Leftovers can help Latias recover HP passively, specially beacuse this set is leaned towards defense not much offense. It also helps even further if you're running Healing Wish over Roost.

Ability
Levitate is the only ability Latias gets, and it is quite useful, actually, as it allows you to switch into choiced Earthquake's, such as Landorus-I's or MB Excadrill's.

Moves
-Draco Meteor
Draco Meteor is extremely powerful, and very little pokémon can switch into it, as Latias is constantly switching around, the SpAttack drop isnt minded too much.

-Psyshock | Psychic
This Psychic STAB allows Latias to deal with physical walls better, as well as damage lots of pokémon that don't appreciat it. Psychic can be run, as Gardevoir already run Psyschock, but generally, Psyshock is better.

-Roost | Healing Wish
Roost allows Latias to get some HP back and avoid early KOes. Healing Wish, in the other hand, sacrifices Latias, in other to fully heal a pokémon. Even though you don't get to use Roost to much, and Healing Wish supports the team very well, Roost just helps making 2HKOes not a threat at all, and also, HW is kind of difficult to pull off, so most of the time, you're better off with Roost.

-Defog
Defog is one of the main reasons to use Latias, as it helps immensily Latias's teamates in Weavile and Volcanion. Defog allows you to remove hazards, including Sticky Webs, which destroy this team, Stealth Rock, like said before, threatens Volcanion and Weavile, Spikes, that are always annoying to deal with, and Toxic Spikes, which may also annoy the team.

Spread
Timid allows Latias to outspeed many pokémon it wouldn't otherwise, The EV spread allows Latias not to be 2HKOed by LO Thundurus's HP Ice, while at the same time, maximizes speed, allowing the dragon to outspeed pokémon such as Keldeo, Terrakion, Infernape and more.

Role
Latias can eat up many special hits, and heal the off with Roost. Defog support helps the team a lot, and Latias, as well as Gardevoir, benefit a lot from Weavile's Pursuit Support.

Scizor
Item

Choice Band allows Scizor to deal massive damage with its STABs, even though it does lock Scizor into an specific move.

Ability
Technician boosts Bullet Punch by a lot, though, its Scizor's only use of technician in the set used...

Moves
-Bullet Punch
Bullet Punch may seem stupid with its pitiful 40 BP, but boosted by technician and getting priority makes Bullet Punch insanely great, and able to deal massive damage to frailer Pokémon without priority, such as Latios.

-U-Turn
U-Turn allows for switch iniciative and its a very powerful STAB, unfortunately, it doesnt get boosted by Technician, but its still powerful.

-Superpower
Superpower is very good coverage, and allows Scizor to damage Heatran and other steel types, like Magnezone, on the switch in. The unfortunate part of this move is that it does lower Scizor's attack, but you'll probably be switching out after using Superpower anyways.

-Knock Off
Knock Off can remove the opponents item and its just an amazing move overall, Pursuit can be seen as superior in Scizor, but as Weavile already has it, Scizor's better keeping Knock Off. Alternatively, you could use Pursuit on Scizor and go with Low Kick on Weavile, but Scizor doesn't get STAB on Pursuit, like Weavile does.

Spread
Adamant boosts Scizor's attack even further, the EV spread allows it to have better bulk and attack as well, 4EVs in Speed allows Scizor to outspeed opposing Scizor.

Role
Hippowdon is the team physical wall and the Stealth Rock setter, the Hippo can also deal with Electric and Flying types, which would otherwise threaten the team a lot.

- THE THREATS -

I currently can't think of any major threat from the top of my head, and honestly I think I loose mostly because of my bad plays, not because a specific mon causes trouble to the team as a whole. I'll update this as soon as I or anyone replying identifies any major threats to the team.

- THE CONCLUSION -

This team came out quite well and I'm very happy with it, with Sun & Moon coming next week, I think this team has a solid place in ORAS's past gen and is quite fun. The team has tons of synergy and if you play well you have no major problem with most OU teams out there. Have fun using this team, and please, help me improve it :)​

Gardevoir-Mega (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 16 HP / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

Weavile (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pickpocket
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Focus Blast

Hippowdon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 112 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Latias @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Yo cool team, I noticed your team struggled with Mega Venusaur which is very hard to switch into with it's coverage move. Latias can come in, however Latias gets 3koed meaning it will be forced to recover to be able to take on Mega Venusaur the next time it comes in losing momentum and also risking a posion. Scizor-Mega can also prove problematic being able to set up or beat most of the team. Wil-o-wisp Talonflame can also prove problematic being able to cripple most of the team. Serperior can also prove problematic coming in on Hippwdown or Choiced Locked Scizor and doing picking up a kill or do damage a mon a lot. I have a few suggestions to improve this team. I have a few suggestions to improve this team.

->
My first suggestion is to run Heatran over Scizor. This allows you to have a pokemon that can absorb the wil-o-wisp from talonflame and also a way to switch into Mega Venusaur better, as Heatran is not forced to recover. Scizor-Mega can also be checked as Heatran can outspeed and oko Scizor-Mega. Same With Serperior who is walled by Heatran. I would recommend you run a Magma Storm + Solar Beam set which can trap and elimante water types like Slowbro which opens up for Keldeo.

You can also consider running Choice Scarf over Choice Specs on Keldeo giving you more speed control and a revenge killer for mons like Lopunny-Mega, Mantric-Mega etc and improving your matchup versus more offensive teams.

I would also recommend you run Life Orb over Leftovers on Latias to help improve Latias's Damage Output. You do lose leftovers meaning you will lose some longevity but with roost you should be fine.

Heatran @ Power Herb
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power
- Taunt

rickienon

I COULD BE BANNED!
first of all, band scizor isnt recommended because def wall scizor is better, techboosted bullet punch is only useful against fairy type pokemons like spdefwall florg, or suicide froslass, tyranitar, etc. and you don't need too much damage to kill them (2hko)

we can say that latias is "supportive pokemon", if we compare her with latios. draco meteor and psyshock is ok but healing wish is better than roost -note that psyshock is better than psychic.-

im so lazy to write more but i think you can change this team a bit more.

Yo cool team, I noticed your team struggled with Mega Venusaur which is very hard to switch into with it's coverage move. Latias can come in, however Latias gets 3koed meaning it will be forced to recover to be able to take on Mega Venusaur the next time it comes in losing momentum and also risking a posion. Scizor-Mega can also prove problematic being able to set up or beat most of the team. Wil-o-wisp Talonflame can also prove problematic being able to cripple most of the team. Serperior can also prove problematic coming in on Hippwdown or Choiced Locked Scizor and doing picking up a kill or do damage a mon a lot. I have a few suggestions to improve this team. I have a few suggestions to improve this team.

->
My first suggestion is to run Heatran over Scizor. This allows you to have a pokemon that can absorb the wil-o-wisp from talonflame and also a way to switch into Mega Venusaur better, as Heatran is not forced to recover. Scizor-Mega can also be checked as Heatran can outspeed and oko Scizor-Mega. Same With Serperior who is walled by Heatran. I would recommend you run a Magma Storm + Solar Beam set which can trap and elimante water types like Slowbro which opens up for Keldeo.

You can also consider running Choice Scarf over Choice Specs on Keldeo giving you more speed control and a revenge killer for mons like Lopunny-Mega, Mantric-Mega etc and improving your matchup versus more offensive teams.

I would also recommend you run Life Orb over Leftovers on Latias to help improve Latias's Damage Output. You do lose leftovers meaning you will lose some longevity but with roost you should be fine.

Heatran @ Power Herb
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power
- Taunt
Thanks for the reply, but I think Latias is a pretty solid awnser to M-Venu isn't it? Also, I think Hippo deals well with Loppuny and Manectric so I don't see them as HUGE threats, plus, I think Scizor is very valuable, as it does give me U-Turn support. I'm not refusing to accept criticism though, if I did, this wouldn't be called RATE my team, but I'm just not 100% sure if those changes would benefit the team immensly, though, LO Latias might be a good idea I didnt think of, again, thanks for the reply, I might try playing around with your alterations though :)

Also, if you can convince me that the changes you made are for better please do!

first of all, band scizor isnt recommended because def wall scizor is better, techboosted bullet punch is only useful against fairy type pokemons like spdefwall florg, or suicide froslass, tyranitar, etc. and you don't need too much damage to kill them (2hko)

we can say that latias is "supportive pokemon", if we compare her with latios. draco meteor and psyshock is ok but healing wish is better than roost -note that psyshock is better than psychic.-

im so lazy to write more but i think you can change this team a bit more.
Def Scizor is a possibility, but I really think the power boost from Choice Band is useful, though, I might try Def Scizor too. As of Latias, I was considering Healing Wish, but Roost is really useful for her imao, cuz even if you dont get to use it too much, it does help her perform better as a Sp. Def Tank, idk I might test LO on her, but I think Roost is very valuable. Also I already have Psyshock on it, I just put Psychic as a second option beacause it might feel redundant to have both Garde and Latias with Psyshock, but idk.. Thanks for the tips :)

Reactions: TPP

rickienon

I COULD BE BANNED!
Def Scizor is a possibility, but I really think the power boost from Choice Band is useful, though, I might try Def Scizor too. As of Latias, I was considering Healing Wish, but Roost is really useful for her imao, cuz even if you dont get to use it too much, it does help her perform better as a Sp. Def Tank, idk I might test LO on her, but I think Roost is very valuable. Also I already have Psyshock on it, I just put Psychic as a second option beacause it might feel redundant to have both Garde and Latias with Psyshock, but idk.. Thanks for the tips :)
If you want a SpDef wall that can use Healing Wish, use Latias; But her EV and IV must be go on SpDef and Spe. Chansey is another wall that can use Healing Wish but due to her low speed, it is useless.
Lets talk about Defog. Your Hippo is using Stealth Rock and after, you are removing it for Weavile. Instead of defog, you can use Tentacruel; 120 SPDef as a rapid spin user is amazing. I mean, you can't use defog if your team is offense and has a entry-hazard support.

So, there is 2 options;
A) Replace Hippowdon's moves or himself. (ex: scarf dragon)
B) Replace Latias's Healing Wish with Roost and use another support

Mega Gardevoir is another SpDef wall that has 65 defense point (that means OHKO to simple Weavile) so you can only use her as a "upgraded Sylveon". She can't stay in battlefield for 3,4 turns.

By the way, if you change your Adamant Scizor to a "bulky wall", you will need to chance Hippo because there is already a DefWall in your team, you do not need second one.

If you want a SpDef wall that can use Healing Wish, use Latias; But her EV and IV must be go on SpDef and Spe. Chansey is another wall that can use Healing Wish but due to her low speed, it is useless.
Lets talk about Defog. Your Hippo is using Stealth Rock and after, you are removing it for Weavile. Instead of defog, you can use Tentacruel; 120 SPDef as a rapid spin user is amazing. I mean, you can't use defog if your team is offense and has a entry-hazard support.

So, there is 2 options;
A) Replace Hippowdon's moves or himself. (ex: scarf dragon)
B) Replace Latias's Healing Wish with Roost and use another support

Mega Gardevoir is another SpDef wall that has 65 defense point (that means OHKO to simple Weavile) so you can only use her as a "upgraded Sylveon". She can't stay in battlefield for 3,4 turns.

By the way, if you change your Adamant Scizor to a "bulky wall", you will need to chance Hippo because there is already a DefWall in your team, you do not need second one.
I find Tentacruel a nice mon, and he can really fit into the team, but replacing it with Latias would give me a huge weakness to M-Venu and I really value reliable recovery on a tank/wall pokémon, something that tentacruel doesn't have.. Rapid Spin would be in fact great, but if anything I might replace Scizor with Sand Rush Excadrill, and use Rapid Spin on it, simmultaneously, I'd be forgoing Defog on Latias, and having it use both Roost AND Healing Wish... idk I might consider that, it sounds like a better awnser to the Defog issue. As of Garde, even though it can't endure many hits, its very difficult to switch into her. She's an amazing Wallbreaker imao. I might try Tenta though, but I'm not sure... I think I like the Excadrill option better, if Defog + SR on the same team is a huge weakness... Which it isnt btw

Yeah no your team is most definitely interesting, kinda odd to see five really offensive 'Mons with a glue of one of the most passive things in the meta right now in Hippowdon, which doesn't really fit the team whatsoever if I'm honest. The team's also seriously lacking in any sort of focus; what is your win condition? What are you aiming to do with this team? The complete lack of focus aside, there aren't that many shaky match-ups you have, all things considered through Scizor+MGard for Latis, Hippo+Scizor for Fairies, Keldeo for Dark-types and Hippowdown being the blanket mixed check that it is. You're somewhat (and I mean incredibly) weak to Life Orb Tornadus, Bulk Up Talonflame, and birdspam in general considering Hippowdon is going to be overwhelmed, no doubt. This was gonna end up as a split rate, with one really offensive version, changing two Pokemon and a couple of sets as to give you an actual end-game focus, and the other more balanced, keeping Hippowdon but I really don't like balance right now as there are too many Pokemon that it just cannot account for, so we'll just go with the what will be balls(or whatever u might have!)-to-the-wall offence.

Prefacing this rate by saying I was listening to Where Is My Mind when this came to me, so just stick with me for a second.

For continuity and ease of understanding I'll start with the Scizor set first. To be brutally honest, Banded Scizor is horrendous and such a waste of regular Scizor's true potential. In lieu of this, I'd suggest running fast offensive Life Orb SD Scizor instead, with a set of Bullet Punch / Bug Bite | U-turn / Superpower | Roost / Swords Dance, and a spread of 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe with a Jolly nature. All of the moves should be pretty self-explanatory, but test between Bug Bite and U-turn; the former gives you more immediate pressure, whilst the latter allows you to pivot out on counters such as Keldeo and Skarmory; do the same with Superpower and Roost, also, seeing as the main use of Superpower in the days or yore were to outpace all of the slow SpD Heatran that were roaming about, but now, seeing as the majority are max-Speed Timid as a direct adaptation to the likes of max-Speed offensive Mega-Scizor, Superpower is now a hell of a lot more prediction-reliant, whereas roost will allow you to soft check the likes of Latios and Mega Diancie throughout the game, whilst also providing a means with which to negate Life Orb recoil somewhat. If using U-turn, be sure to go with Roost > Superpower seeing as you can pivot out on incoming Heatran anyway and you're going to want to be able to recover off the recoil that is essentially wasted. The spread is pretty simple; enough Speed investment to outpace Rotom-W that are creeping Crawdaunt, max Attack to hit as hard as possible, and the rest dumped into HP for general bulk. What Scizor does is give you a solid win-condition, especially considering the changes that are later to come and the fact that Weavile+Scizor pressure similar checks such as Keldeo.

->
As I've already explained my disdain for Hippowdon randomly thrown on offensive teams, I'd recommend replacing it with offensive rocker Landorus-T with a Passho Berry with a set of Earthquake / Stone Edge / Swords Dance / Stealth Rock, and a spread of 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe and an Adamant nature. Passho Berry allows Landorus-T to survive a Specs-Boosted Scald from Keldeo, and deal in return 65.3 - 77.3%, weakening it into range of either two attacks from Weavile, or a +2 Bullet Punch from Scizor; alongside this, it allows it to either beat or severely weaken Rotom-W as you SD on the switch, depending on rolls. Swords Dance is an incredible boon for Landorus-T, backed by its incredibly high Attack stat and powerful STAB, it allows it to break down slower, bulkier teams. The little defensive investment allows it to take two Life Orb Iron Heads from Excadrill, max Attack is used to hit as hard as possible, and 184 Speed was used to outpace Pokemon creeping positive-natured base 70s such as Bisharp, Breloom, and Volcanion, but now it also outpaces fast Rotom-W, a recently discovered set that aims to hit 263 Speed. Landorus-T also bring a real ground resist to the team, seeing as Latias doesn't really fit the bill, and before should Hippowdon get overwhelmed Choice Scarf Excadrill was inevitable sweeping you.

With the removal of Hippowdon for an offensive Landorus-T, the team desperately needs a method through which to revenge kill Mega Lopunny, ZardX, weakened Mega Manectric and weakened Mega Alakazam (though this can be pivoted through). Instead of Choice Specs Keldeo, I agree completely with ez that you should run Choice Scarf Keldeo, although I see little reason to run either Icy Wind or Focus Blast without the added power of Specs, so, as to prevent the team auto-losing to +1 Suicune, I'd go with Endeavour > Icy Wind | Focus Blast. This also allows you to pull off neat tricks like forcing Mega Venusaur, Assault Vest Tangrowth, and Clefable to remain low once you're at low HP, also; the relevance of all three will become apparent with the next change.

->
The final change change of Pokemon I'd suggest is to switch out Mega Gardevoir for Mega Manectric. The standard set of
Thunderbolt / Volt Switch / Hidden Power Ice / Flamethrower, and the standard spread of 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe with a Timid nature should suffice. Mega Manectric forms an incredibly potent core with offensive Steel-types such as Scizor, and Weavile; the former of which either shreds or takes advantage of Clefable, or U-turns out on the likes or Skarmory allowing Mega Manectric to grab momentum from there; the latter traps the Lati@s and Chansey, furthermore, they share amazing offensive synergy, each paving the way for the other to sweep in eliminating counters for one another such as Ferrothorn, fat Waters, Mega Scizor, Skarmory, etc. Furthermore, considering you have Keldeo, you're able to Volt out on one of Mega Manectrics most common switch-ins, Tyranitar, and fire off free Scalds. It also provides a solid offensive check to the aforementioned Flying-types.

Final change is just more of a pointer, really. Always use Healing Wish on Latias, otherwise you're better off using Latios for the additional power. Fortunately, this is the type of team that loves Healing Wish support through Mega Manectric, Weavile, and Scizor. Running the standard Draco Meteor / Psyshock / Healing Wish / Defog should do the job. Hazard control is a necessity on all forms of Volt-Turn, which this essentially is. Also make it Life Orb, because otherwise Latias hits like a light breeze.
===================

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

Weavile (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Endeavor

Landorus-Therian @ Passho Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

P.S. Always use Pressure Weavile, as it allows you to scout for Scarf Landorus, seeing as ability indication is dictated by Speed.

There you have it. A team with focus, offensive synergy, and multiple possible win-conditions. Obviously the team is weaker against threats such as Lati@s, and everything defensively in general, but it's essentially hyper offence. Enjoy, hope I helped :]

Try this trick and spin it, yeah...

Last edited:
Yeah no your team is most definitely interesting, kinda odd to see five really offensive 'Mons with a glue of one of the most passive things in the meta right now in Hippowdon, which doesn't really fit the team whatsoever if I'm honest. The team's also seriously lacking in any sort of focus; what is your win condition? What are you aiming to do with this team? The complete lack of focus aside, there aren't that many shaky match-ups you have, all things considered through Scizor+MGard for Latis, Hippo+Scizor for Fairies, Keldeo for Dark-types and Hippowdown being the blanket mixed check that it is. You're somewhat (and I mean incredibly) weak to Life Orb Tornadus, Bulk Up Talonflame, and birdspam in general considering Hippowdon is going to be overwhelmed, no doubt. This was gonna end up as a split rate, with one really offensive version, changing two Pokemon and a couple of sets as to give you an actual end-game focus, and the other more balanced, keeping Hippowdon but I really don't like balance right now as there are too many Pokemon that it just cannot account for, so we'll just go with the what will be balls(or whatever u might have!)-to-the-wall offence.

Prefacing this rate by saying I was listening to Where Is My Mind when this came to me, so just stick with me for a second.

For continuity and ease of understanding I'll start with the Scizor set first. To be brutally honest, Banded Scizor is horrendous and such a waste of regular Scizor's true potential. In lieu of this, I'd suggest running fast offensive Life Orb SD Scizor instead, with a set of Bullet Punch / Bug Bite | U-turn / Superpower | Roost / Swords Dance, and a spread of 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe with a Jolly nature. All of the moves should be pretty self-explanatory, but test between Bug Bite and U-turn; the former gives you more immediate pressure, whilst the latter allows you to pivot out on counters such as Keldeo and Skarmory; do the same with Superpower and Roost, also, seeing as the main use of Superpower in the days or yore were to outpace all of the slow SpD Heatran that were roaming about, but now, seeing as the majority are max-Speed Timid as a direct adaptation to the likes of max-Speed offensive Mega-Scizor, Superpower is now a hell of a lot more prediction-reliant, whereas roost will allow you to soft check the likes of Latios and Mega Diancie throughout the game, whilst also providing a means with which to negate Life Orb recoil somewhat. If using U-turn, be sure to go with Roost > Superpower seeing as you can pivot out on incoming Heatran anyway and you're going to want to be able to recover off the recoil that is essentially wasted. The spread is pretty simple; enough Speed investment to outpace Rotom-W that are creeping Crawdaunt, max Attack to hit as hard as possible, and the rest dumped into HP for general bulk. What Scizor does is give you a solid win-condition, especially considering the changes that are later to come and the fact that Weavile+Scizor pressure similar checks such as Keldeo.

->
As I've already explained my disdain for Hippowdon randomly thrown on offensive teams, I'd recommend replacing it with offensive rocker Landorus-T with a Passho Berry with a set of Earthquake / Stone Edge / Swords Dance / Stealth Rock, and a spread of 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe and an Adamant nature. Passho Berry allows Landorus-T to survive a Specs-Boosted Scald from Keldeo, and deal in return 65.3 - 77.3%, weakening it into range of either two attacks from Weavile, or a +2 Bullet Punch from Scizor; alongside this, it allows it to either beat or severely weaken Rotom-W as you SD on the switch, depending on rolls. Swords Dance is an incredible boon for Landorus-T, backed by its incredibly high Attack stat and powerful STAB, it allows it to break down slower, bulkier teams. The little defensive investment allows it to take two Life Orb Iron Heads from Excadrill, max Attack is used to hit as hard as possible, and 184 Speed was used to outpace Pokemon creeping positive-natured base 70s such as Bisharp, Breloom, and Volcanion, but now it also outpaces fast Rotom-W, a recently discovered set that aims to hit 263 Speed. Landorus-T also bring a real ground resist to the team, seeing as Latias doesn't really fit the bill, and before should Hippowdon get overwhelmed Choice Scarf Excadrill was inevitable sweeping you.

With the removal of Hippowdon for an offensive Landorus-T, the team desperately needs a method through which to revenge kill Mega Lopunny, ZardX, weakened Mega Manectric and weakened Mega Alakazam (though this can be pivoted through). Instead of Choice Specs Keldeo, I agree completely with ez that you should run Choice Scarf Keldeo, although I see little reason to run either Icy Wind or Focus Blast without the added power of Specs, so, as to prevent the team auto-losing to +1 Suicune, I'd go with Endeavour > Icy Wind | Focus Blast. This also allows you to pull off neat tricks like forcing Mega Venusaur, Assault Vest Tangrowth, and Clefable to remain low once you're at low HP, also; the relevance of all three will become apparent with the next change.
->
The final change change of Pokemon I'd suggest is to switch out Mega Gardevoir for Mega Manectric. The standard set of
Thunderbolt / Volt Switch / Hidden Power Ice / Flamethrower, and the standard spread of 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe with a Timid nature should suffice. Mega Manectric forms an incredibly potent core with offensive Steel-types such as Scizor, and Weavile; the former of which either shreds or takes advantage of Clefable, or U-turns out on the likes or Skarmory allowing Mega Manectric to grab momentum from there; the latter traps the Lati@s and Chansey, furthermore, they share amazing offensive synergy, each paving the way for the other to sweep in eliminating counters for one another such as Ferrothorn, fat Waters, Mega Scizor, Skarmory, etc. Furthermore, considering you have Keldeo, you're able to Volt out on one of Mega Manectrics most common switch-ins, Tyranitar, and fire off free Scalds. It also provides a solid offensive check to the aforementioned Flying-types.
Final change is just more of a pointer, really. Always use Healing Wish on Latias, otherwise you're better off using Latios for the additional power. Fortunately, this is the type of team that loves Healing Wish support through Mega Manectric, Weavile, and Scizor. Running the standard Draco Meteor / Psyshock / Healing Wish / Defog should do the job. Hazard control is a necessity on all forms of Volt-Turn, which this essentially is. Also make it Life Orb, because otherwise Latias hits like a light breeze.
===================

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

Weavile (F) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Endeavor

Landorus-Therian @ Passho Berry
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

P.S. Always use Pressure Weavile, as it allows you to scout for Scarf Landorus, seeing as abilitiy indication is dictated by Speed.

There you have it. A team with focus, offensive synergy, and multiple possible win-conditions. Enjoy, hope I helped :]

Try this trick and spin it, yeah...
The teams looks a lot better, I agree with all the changes you made (though I'm still a little bit hesitant on forgoing Roost on Latias). I'm definetely trying those changes, but having two Swords Dance users seems redundant, I'm thinking bulky Lando with Passho berry, as you suggested, as the team was looking a little bit frail on the physical side. Also, I think that giving up Mega Gardevoir might hinder a little bit the team's Wallbreaking capabilities on the special side, I'm not really sure how I could fix those little issues, or even if these are noticeable issues at all... Once again, thanks a lot for the rating!! I'll be testing the 'revamped' team ASAP :)

Also, even though I was hesitating on Scarf Keldeo in my last post, I'm looking at it in another perspective, and it does in fact sound better...

well, we had a little discussion about your team and i tried to improve it myself. As i mentioned in the pic above, i dont have the time to rate.
This is the team that i would use:

Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

Weavile (F) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Roost

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

as i agree with your complaints above (" weak on the physical defensive side / cant rly wallbreak ") i wanted to keep garde and change landos set to a defensive one.

cb vile to add more power. icicle is a spammable move, knock off as well. its able to trap more pokemon. dont underestimate the flinch chance.

heatran can safely switch into ferro which was way to good against the other teams. its also a lati switchin, has a nice balance matchup and is helpful against stall

latios over latias because latias is utter garbage in the current meta. it checks keld with roost and threatens offense teams with a powerful draco. fighting resist and a water/fire/grass check.

I hope this is enough so that you can understand the thoughts of my teambuilding process. this should help you with balance and stall matchups while the one vs offense isnt bad either.
Since its your team i dont think that you'll have trouble to understand my adjustments. Enjoy :)

well, we had a little discussion about your team and i tried to improve it myself. As i mentioned in the pic above, i dont have the time to rate.
This is the team that i would use:

Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

Weavile (F) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Roost

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

as i agree with your complaints above (" weak on the physical defensive side / cant rly wallbreak ") i wanted to keep garde and change landos set to a defensive one.

cb vile to add more power. icicle is a spammable move, knock off as well. its able to trap more pokemon. dont underestimate the flinch chance.

heatran can safely switch into ferro which was way to good against the other teams. its also a lati switchin, has a nice balance matchup and is helpful against stall

latios over latias because latias is utter garbage in the current meta. it checks keld with roost and threatens offense teams with a powerful draco. fighting resist and a water/fire/grass check.

I hope this is enough so that you can understand the thoughts of my teambuilding process. this should help you with balance and stall matchups while the one vs offense isnt bad either.
Since its your team i dont think that you'll have trouble to understand my adjustments. Enjoy :)
Thanks for the rate too, this is definitely the variant of the team im liking the most, I really can't see any major issue with it.. I'll surely try it out too :)

Also one little detail, the team now apparently has two Stealth Rockers ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)