1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Small Objective Changes (Typos, Poor Wording, Etc.)

Discussion in 'Past Generation Contributions' started by Setsuna, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Yuri

Yuri

on BW Crobat's UU stallbraker set
    i don't see that word used as such very often or at all, it seems either ... Black Sludge. However, or ...Black Sludge, although... is a better fit, but i could be wrong on this one.

on Acrobatics' page under Competitive use
    maybe i'm missing something but don't you mean odd?
    i've only ever seen that as thank you very much

on BW slowking's OU overview
    i think you mean base stat distribution]/b]
  2. Zystral

Zystral めんどくさい、な~
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Fixed the Crobat and Slowking issues, changed the Acrobatics thing to remove "thanks very much" altogether because that's really fucking stupid.
  3. noobcubed

noobcubed

This is a bit of a pedantic one, NU Flareon this time.

In the C&C section:

"Physical attackers and Choice Band users, such as Samurott, Life Orb Braviary, Floatzel, Choice Band Sawk, and Kangaskhan, can easily handle Flareon because of its low Defense stat. However, they must also be wary of a burn from Lava Plume."

Floatzel's ability of choice is Water Veil, so it can't be burnt.
  4. GatoDelFuego

GatoDelFuego Currently experiencing a serious case of Dance Kittens
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

I fixed floatzel
  5. innovamania

innovamania

Hi This is probably the right section for this. On the seismitoad analysis for "Physically defensive" for RU, The EV spread is wrong because it has more then 510 EV's in total. 252 HP / 192 Def / 104 Spe. It should be 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spe.
    http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/seismitoad/ru
  6. GatoDelFuego

Mentor

Seismitoad done

And innovamania you are correct, it is the right location. Thanks :)
  7. innovamania

innovamania

8. noobcubed

noobcubed

Smogon is undergoing changes at the moment, which means that changes to analyses can be made, but they won't appear onsite immediately, instead they will get saved and appear at some point in the future. I don't understand why, nor do I know when the date will be, but that's the state of affairs.
  9. Electrolyte

Electrolyte For every king that died, oh, they would crown another
    is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator
    Mentor

Well, small changes like these have to be done through SCMS and cached by a Site Staff member, so often badgemember corrections will take a bit to be implemented.

Either way, in case Gato didn't actually try to change Seismitoad, (idk I can't tell with the new SCMS format but I don't think he did :s) I did so myself. The analysis does mention elsewhere that 152 Def / 104 Spe was what the spread should have been, so I changed 192 Def --> 152 Def. Hopefully it will get cached soon.

As for what noobcubed brought up, that only applies to Gen 6 analyses. The Gen 5 analyses are still as editable as they have ever been.
  10. GatoDelFuego

Mentor

Electrolyte I think you did the wrong spread. The official is 192 def / 64 spe, and the paragraph mentions a "faster spread" of 152 def / 104 spe. What should have been changed was the official EV's Speed down to 64. Although it wasn't implemented, though, that's scms problems.
  11. sandshrewz

sandshrewz
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I've been caching pretty much every edit sent to SCMS. I didn't see Electrolyte's changes though ?_? Anyway I cached Gato's.

Just to reiterate, changes made to analyses will currently not be reflected on-site atm. The SCMS is not completely done yet so yeaaa changes will only take effect after the dex is completed. Thanks! :)
  12. stanley1O1

stanley1O1

On the move seismic toss it's listed that Chansey is one of main users of the move, but is not listed in the pokemon that can learn the move.
  13. TRC

TRC nvm i did it
    is a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

In the BW Cloyster analysis the overview states that Cloyster is weak to Bullet Punch and then subtly refers to it throughout the rest of the analysis, though Bullet Punch is clearly a neutral attack.
  14. Redew

Redew jukain sucks
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

The Cloyster is fixed, just needs to be chached. Can't see who edit it, but if you see this, please post in the thread when you change something in the SCMS (if it was brought up here.) :) I can't find the Chansey thing for the life of me. I get to the Seismic Toss page, but it doesn't list the Pokemon that can use it.

Show Hide
    [​IMG]
  15. Redew

Redew jukain sucks
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

also Oglemi or an smod/c&c mod can you delete these posts (except stanley1O1's)
  16. Memoric

Memoric just a man, not a hero

In the BW Arceus-Normal page, at the Extreme Killer set, Shadow Force is mentioned. But when you look at His Moves section, Shadow Force is nowhere to be found. The Shadow Force page isn't showing His name either. It's inconsistent (am I doing this right?).
  17. GatoDelFuego

Mentor

That's correct. We have a lot of inconsistencies with moves because they're not directly editable by us; they have to be changed with our "dex data" as opposed to our "site data" (analyses, articles, etc.). We're working on a new dex revamp that should be up soon, but unfortunately until then we're basically helpless against these.
  18. Memoric

Memoric just a man, not a hero

This is on the Shadow Force page again. I'm sure this is a typo or something. It's on the Description part, second to the last line.
    I think the bold part of the text should be "by".
  19. noobcubed

noobcubed

From NU Charizard, Swords Dance Set:

After a Swords Dance, Charizard has the power to 2HKO Alomomola and OHKO Lickilicky, Regice, and Tangela, all with its STAB Acrobatics. Furthermore, and its power is immediately increased on the first hit due to Charizard's Flying Gem. It doesn't end there: Acrobatics also reaches a phenomenal Base Power of 110 after the Flying Gem is consumed

The second sentence is pretty mystifying, but I *think* the words "and" and maybe "immediately" should be removed.
  20. Jukain

Jukain fuck redew
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

fixed both; the sentences in charizard were a clusterfuck. i condensed the info about acrobatics and combined it into the first sentence you quote noobcubed
  21. Hollywood

Hollywood sometimes I think I was born backwards
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Super Moderator

http://www.smogon.com/bw/moves/secret_power

sentence right above "Competitive Use" says:

"In Wi-Fi and simulator battles, the terrain is always assumed as "Plan/Sand." Although a physical move, this move does not make contact with the opponent."

"Plan" should be "Plain," and it should probably actually be "Plain/Sand" to correspond with the part it refers to.

still haven't figured out this new SCMS for shit
  22. Kingler12345

Kingler12345 COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE STARTS WITH C

23. noobcubed

noobcubed

From NU Simipour:

Because Torrent is illegal with Nasty Plot, Simipour uses Gluttony despite its lack of benefits for this set.

From RU Simipour:

Name: Nasty Plot
    Ability: Torrent

Er...
  24. Kingler12345

Kingler12345 COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE STARTS WITH C

So I learned about the SCMS and finalized the sent changes; basically, I've done the two posts above me.
    edit- except for mine because the whole thing needs to be written again
  25. Dat Blast

Dat Blast I DIDN'T DO IT
    is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogon

NU Serperior (OO):
    Swords Dance

OU Cofagrigus (SC):
    Should be a space in between. Also, this is worded as if Leftovers is the preferred item choice even though it's Fighting Gem.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)