1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Small Objective Changes - (Typos, Poor Wording, etc.)

Discussion in 'Sixth Generation Contributions' started by Oglemi, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Oglemi

Oglemi I ask consent before I thrash anuses.
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

DO NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS IN THIS THREAD. DOUBLE POST. TRIPLE POST, BUT DO *NOT* EDIT.

Post small changes to pages on the site here. Fundamental idea: if there is something wrong with a page on the site and your fix does not change the structure of it, then post it here instead of making a new topic. (Quick addition: if your change is controversial, this is not the topic for it. Post a new topic with your ideas so others can criticize them.)

Why are there no posts here?: When something gets fixed in this thread the post is deleted, don't be weirded out by the lack of posts!

SCMS people: You don't need to post here. Just make the change yourself. If you fix someone else's problem, please post that you did so.

When corrections are made by Site Staff, the post reporting the error will be deleted, and then eventually undeleted and moved to this thread to keep this thread tidy.

Rules

~ It would be wonderful if you linked to the page you want to correct, that makes fixing it that much quicker. Please link to the page on the site. I'm tired of trying to find the page to edit something, only to read through the whole thing and realize you were talking about the ADV analysis or something dumb. If you just say something like "Geodude needs to have 5 more Attack EVs on its Rock Throw set" without linking to the analysis, you will be infracted. If you can't take the time to just add a link, then it's not that helpful.

~ If the errors you find are limited to certain parts of a page, it's a great idea to clarify in which areas your edits are located. For example, "On Kakuna's 'Ubers Support' set, x needs to be capitalized". Better yet is quoting the context so the section you're talking about is quickly and easily found.

NOTICE #1: Badged members, do NOT just auto-correct all the suggestions. A lot of the time, the suggestion isn't grammatically correct.

NOTICE #2: Be clear about what you have fixed and always make a post AFTER the corrected post to note this.

NOTICE #3: I've noticed that for some reason on the credits page that strings of text will move around the page in between edits from when a person edits the page and when someone caches it. Nobody is doing this on purpose, and it irritates me that it happens, though it mostly happens at the very bottom of the page after the last </dd> tag. For a while there it was "Symphx" that was jumping down, and then a few times it was "ed seve" that jumped. IDK why or how this happens, just be aware that it does.
  2. The Dutch Plumberjack

The Dutch Plumberjack

http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/venomoth
    The wording here kind of irks me, as Clefable can and will also viably run Stored Power, and Venomoth obviously shouldn't be taking this either. I know it's common sense not to set up on SP Clefable, but this goes for Flamethrower/Fire Blast Clefable as well, and imo it makes no sense to mention only one alternative. I recommend changing this to 'defensive Clefable', 'mono-attacker Clefable' (unless mono-attacker is a coined term referring exclusively to bulky boosters such as CroCune), maybe even 'non-Flamethrower/Stored Power Clefable', or anything appropriate really. (Coincidentally, the thread in the prel. dex mentions Sylveon here, but I can imagine this has been replaced because Clefable is more relevant.)
  3. iStockphoto

iStockphoto

4. Valzy

Valzy Destroyer of Worlds
    is a Pre-Contributor

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)