1. The leader of this section is Hootie; the leaders of the GP team are GatoDelFuego, P Squared, and The Dutch Plumberjack.
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Small Objective Changes - (Typos, Poor Wording, etc.)

Discussion in 'Contributions & Corrections' started by Oglemi, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Oglemi

Oglemi oh my gosh you found me
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Secret Boss Mod

DO NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS IN THIS THREAD. DOUBLE POST. TRIPLE POST, BUT DO *NOT* EDIT.

Post small changes to pages on the site here. Fundamental idea: if there is something wrong with a page on the site and your fix does not change the structure of it, then post it here instead of making a new topic. (Quick addition: if your change is controversial, this is not the topic for it. Post a new topic with your ideas so others can criticize them.)

Why are there no posts here?: When something gets fixed in this thread the post is deleted, don't be weirded out by the lack of posts!

SCMS people: You don't need to post here. Just make the change yourself. If you fix someone else's problem, please post that you did so.

When corrections are made by Site Staff, the post reporting the error will be deleted.

Rules

~ It would be wonderful if you linked to the page you want to correct, that makes fixing it that much quicker. Please link to the page on the site. I'm tired of trying to find the page to edit something, only to read through the whole thing and realize you were talking about the ADV analysis or something dumb. If you just say something like "Geodude needs to have 5 more Attack EVs on its Rock Throw set" without linking to the analysis, you will be infracted. If you can't take the time to just add a link, then it's not that helpful.

~ If the errors you find are limited to certain parts of a page, it's a great idea to clarify in which areas your edits are located. For example, "On Kakuna's 'Ubers Support' set, x needs to be capitalized". Better yet is quoting the context so the section you're talking about is quickly and easily found.

NOTICE #1: Badged members, do NOT just auto-correct all the suggestions. A lot of the time, the suggestion isn't grammatically correct.

NOTICE #2: Be clear about what you have fixed and always make a post AFTER the corrected post to note this.

NOTICE #3: I've noticed that for some reason on the credits page that strings of text will move around the page in between edits from when a person edits the page and when someone caches it. Nobody is doing this on purpose, and it irritates me that it happens, though it mostly happens at the very bottom of the page after the last </dd> tag. For a while there it was "Symphx" that was jumping down, and then a few times it was "ed seve" that jumped. IDK why or how this happens, just be aware that it does.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    SubMindRaikou likes this.
  2. The Dutch Plumberjack

The Dutch Plumberjack ace of wands
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
    Articles Co-Leader

for what it's worth since there wasn't really a proper ADV NU metagame way back when (at least not one we were writing analyses for), pretty much all the ADV NU mons were given an "OU" or non-tier-specific analysis att. many pre-DPP analyses have some quirks like this, and other than full revamps it's better to just leave them be.
    BackdoorManiac and Drew like this.
  3. chaos

chaos
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Live Chat Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
    Owner

- Shields down long description should mention in detail what statuses it blocks. Short description should maybe just say "blocks a number of statuses" or something

- Mold breaker and friends could be more clear/specific about what it ignores. I think listing examples would be nice here, like spikes not getting bounced back

- Levitate should mention that it ignores arena trap and hazards, and that it doesnt stop thousand arrows maybe. Maybe mention interaction with roost

- Sheer force should mention that it ignores life orb

- Speed boost should mention that it doesnt work on switchin
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  4. Shiraanri

Shiraanri

I'd like to know the boost percentage the surges from the Tapu's gives in the description as well - it would be helpful thank you
  5. Dogwood T.

Dogwood T.

Heracross still has an RU analysis for Sun and Moon despite being Listed as BL2
  6. Dogwood T.

Dogwood T.

7. The Dutch Plumberjack

The Dutch Plumberjack ace of wands
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
    Articles Co-Leader

Since this is the only analysis for regular Heracross that's currently up, we're holding off on deleting it until its UU analysis is finished so that people interested in using it still have an idea as to what sets it can run.
    Dogwood T. and Drew like this.
  8. moemoemudkip

moemoemudkip

I think Iron Ball should mention it makes flying/levitate holders susceptible to ground attacks.
    GMars likes this.
  9. Blufyr3

Blufyr3

http://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/items/chilan_berry/

Shouldn't the Chilan Berry description mention that it weakens Normal-type attacks? I was looking over Deoxys's page and noticed that its only recommended set, "Do Not Use This Pokemon (Utility)", suggested using a Chilan Berry for Extreme Speed Arceus, even though its description only says that it's "a Berry blended to make Pok├ęblocks".
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    DeathByWobbuffet and GMars like this.
  10. Bughouse

Bughouse Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

did this
    did this
    someone else did this, and I merged... still trying to fix Levitate up better though.
    did not do this because the ability doesn't actually boost attack power, it only summons the terrain... once 5 turns are up, the ability does nothing. It's the terrain that boosts attack power.
    moemoemudkip likes this.
  11. zakurenai

zakurenai

Hello again! Good thing triple posting is allowed here. :)

As it turns out, Delta Stream only halves the damage of Ice, Rock, and Electric attacks if used against a Pokemon that possesses the Flying-type.
    So a pure Grass-type Pokemon would still take 2x damage from Ice Beam, but a pure Flying-type Pokemon would only take 1x damage from Ice Beam.
    Smogon's current description says Delta Stream halves all Ice/Rock/Electric damage indiscriminately, which is false. Correcting this would be helpful to people giving their non Flying-type Pokemon the Ability "Delta Stream" in the Other Metagames. This should be my last post on the matter. Bye. :)
  12. Togefan

Togefan

http://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/abilit... Teravolt, Moongeist Beam and Sunsteel Strike.
  13. partys over

partys over

14. talkingtree

talkingtree Dunking my responsibilities
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

I'm not an OU guy, but I'm guessing that's because the main set (with Toxic > Reversal) would not use 21 HP EVs, so the Export button shouldn't include that line. Sadly, there's no way to have the set include conditional IVs or export a version with other slashes.
  15. RoaringBlaze

RoaringBlaze

16. talkingtree

is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

The 160s are used in case Foongus' stats are lowered by Hidden Powers, since Level 5 Pokemon can't benefit from Hyper Training to use max IVs with a Hidden Power. The analysis also states towards the end of Set Details that if Clear Smog is used, a spread of 44 HP / 156 Def / 76 SpA / 156 SpD / 76 Spe is usable.

With the given spread, Foongus hits 14 in both Defense and Special Defense, each of which are multiplied by 1.5 (14 * 1.5 = 21), so the given stats with Eviolite are correct.
  17. Togefan

Togefan

Ok everytime I add a link to my post my post gets scrambled. So sorry for lack of links.

I think that the abilities page for Full Metal Body, Shadow Shield, and Prism Armor should mention that they are unaffected by Mold Breaker, Terravolt, Turboblaze, Moongeist Beam and Sunsteel Strike.
  18. PlatypusVenom

PlatypusVenom

19. talkingtree

With the advent of Hyper Training in Pokemon Sun and Moon, the IV spreads are not necessarily indicative of the user's resulting Hidden Power.

Adding that extra information would therefore be a lot of busywork for very little payoff, as it's only relevant to non-Level 100 metagames.
  20. Felixx

Felixx

21. Sondero

Sondero Giveaway Extraordinaire
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor

Perhaps another way to include that would be to add more descriptions to the smogdex entries for individual types?
    This would include that...
    Felixx and DeathByWobbuffet like this.
  22. Sondero

Sondero Giveaway Extraordinaire
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor

23. Togefan

Togefan

24. Gatorboy

Gatorboy

25. Bughouse

Bughouse Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

first off tagging Oglemi and Hootie so that one of them cleans this thread up, please :)

there's still more to get to, but this is what I have done so far...
    did this
    not entirely sure what this is about, since I see 21 hp ivs on all relevant sets. maybe someone already fixed this one and didn't post anything... anyway... I guess it's done?
    did this
    did this
    did this

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)