Official Smash Bros Tournaments for 3DS/Wii U (UPDATED 04/09/2015)

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE ENTERING

What is up with it, as you may know the smash room on PS has been lacking tournaments and fun events. So myself and the mods have decided to run an official smash tour for wii u and 3ds! How this is gonna work: we will use challenge (http://challonge.com/) to set up the tour brackets for people to enter and participate. Signups for both tours will be open until the day of the tournament, if you do not enter during this time period, then you cannot participate.
Wii U Description:
This time we will be unfolding a Wii U Doubles tourney! Find a partner to practice wombo combos with, find team synergy, and get ppl REKT! To Sign up, you must either join as the same time with your partner, or ask to be paired up and we’ll hopefully find you a partner that way. More rules below.

3ds Description:
As for the 3ds, it will be 1v1 tourney with items on! So even in the heat of battle the tides can turn at any moment, use items as baits, and see who will grab that smash ball! See more rules below

Signups for both tours will be open until the day of the tournament, if you do not enter during this time period, then you cannot participate. You are allowed to enter both tournaments.

You will need a wii u/3ds and the smash game itself to participate in these tours. These events will be held in the SmashBros room on PS.

The wii u tour will take place on the 19th Saturday September at 2pm EDT.
The 3ds tour will take place on the 20th Sunday September at 2pm EDT.

The tour hosts will be jigglyhoe and Simbada, feel free to Pm them for more info on this tour.
(This tour is being sponsored by Abra, moderator of the Smash Bros room)

You will need a wii u/3ds and the smash game itself to participate in these tours. These events will be held in the SmashBros room on PS.(obviously)

I have chosen these dates to give everyone time to practice and train, as Ike would say: “prepare yourselves”

Rules for wii u tour:

1. Customs are OFF.

2. Items are OFF.

3. Miis are banned

4. Team attack on (its how pros roll)

5. 3 Stock, 7 Minutes

6. Best of 3 game.

--Legal Stages--

- Battlefield (Starter)

- Final Destination & Omegas (Starter)

- Smashville (Starter)

- Town and City (Starter)​
- Dreamland(starter)

- Lylat Cruise (Counterpick)

- Halberd (Counterpick)

- Castle Siege (Counterpick)

- Delfino Plaza (Counterpick)

- Skyloft (Counterpick)

- Duck Hunt (Counterpick)

Rules for 3ds tour:

1. - All Characters are Allowed

2. – All Items off

3. – One Vs One Elimination style Matches, Winner advances.

4. – Stock format, 2 stock, 6 minutes

5. -- Best of 3 Games

6. - Custom Specials: Banned

7. - Custom Equipment: Banned

Stages:

- Final Destination (starter)

- Battlefield (starter)

- Prism Tower (starter)

- Yoshi's Island (starter)

- Arena Ferox(counterpick)

- Dreamland (counterpick)

any omega stages (counterpick)

Both Brackets are Double Elimination.

STAGE STRIKING:

3ds stage bans: Only 1 ban and Dave's stupid rule is in effect (a player cannot pick a stage they have won on during the set in question)

Wii U stage bans: Only 2 bans and DSR in effect (a player cannot pick a stage they have won on during the set in question.)

IMPORTANT NOTICE: From now on, when you enter a tour: You must check in on the day to ensure we know you are present. Otherwise you may automatically be disqualified from the tour. Check ins will be open 15 mins before the tours start! If your partner is not here, we can team you up with another person if that happens.

To sign up, please post a comment below stating you are participating, which tour and your PS username and which tournament you're participating. You can also leave your FC if you wish

There are great prizes in stock that you do not want to miss out, I shall also leave a leaderboard in this post which will be updated with scores of winners and their winnings from each tour. 1st place will now get you 8pts, 2nd place gets you 6pts and 3rd place gets you 4pts.

Any bad behaviour, trolling, dishonesty or bad sportsmanship will lead in an automatic disqualification.

In the event of lag or bad connections, if your connection goes off once: you must restart the match. If it goes off for a 2nd time, your opponent will get the point. (the one that didn’t DC) If that opponent that progresses still maintains a bad connection with his opponents, he will be DQ’d.

If you have any comments or queries for these tours, please Pm myself or any auth at the smash room. Also feel free to share your thoughts and opinions on this tour and what you would like to see in the future.

Also if any of you know people who are able to stream and record matches, please tell them to help us out here as it would be great to share the matches with one another!!

Dont forget to enter our media thread: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/smash-bros-media-lounge.3532567/

Thanks for reading and I hope everyone is really feeling it!

Current leaderboard:
EliwoodEmblem:28pts
KingBobs: 22pts
Flippy456:18pts
EgeDalyan:12pts
ViridianKing:12pts
Lyra214:10pts
0mglooted:8pts
YhwachTheAlmighty:8pts
Creeper3971:8pts
Lord Tentacruel:8pts
Chirashizushi:7pts
QuoteCS:6pts
Pakuiui:6pts
Ambien3:6pts
AceKeven:6pts
GoddMilky:6pts
kal1978:6pts
Ok'SsuKa:6pts
Lyto:6pts
1337champion:5pts
Jiggly~hoe:4pts
LJMarv:4pts
CarolOfTheBells:4pts
ToastWtfFTW:4pts
Nman:4pts
iKillzone:4pts
aquas swirlix:3pts
RandyBumNuggets1:2pts
Arikado:2pts
Magatsu Izanagi:2pts
Adrian Marin:2pts
Palpitoad707:2pts

Last edited:

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Why is this not best 2 our of 3? best out of 1 is honestly kinda 'too much' lol

also I can't see a sign up button in the challonge link :/

my nnid is ArikadoSD

edit: also how would the stage be picked? as in who decides

Why is this not best 2 our of 3? best out of 1 is honestly kinda 'too much' lol

also I can't see a sign up button in the challonge link :/

my nnid is ArikadoSD
This is a test run, we will use this to improve the rules and how the game will be played!

Remember guys: To sign up, please post a comment below stating you are participating, which tour and your PS username. Make sure to be at the smash room at the set time for the starting of the tournament.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Well if it's best out of 1 then there's literally no use for counterpicks, because they're supposed to be for the loser of the previous game to pick from xD

I can do both but I don't think you can play on-line on Wii U w/ 3ds so just signing up w/ 3DS.

PS Name: Soulblaster
2595-1917-4383

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)