smashlloyd20 Vs Banryu! (Ref: dmtc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
3v3
Singles
3 Days
2 recovery moves, 5 chills

Andy's Toybox:
The toybox from the Toy Story series. The floor is made up of toys, but is solid and unmoving. However, after five rounds every two rounds Andy will hunt through the toybox a bit, causing the entire arena to shake violently for that round. Because it's a toybox, only unevolved Pokemon may be used.
I'll take Smashlloyd's challenge instead.

-1 Ability
-No switch
-No items
- Smash sends out Pokes
- Banryu sends out Pokes and gives orders
- Smash gives orders
- dmtc refs
- Smash gives orders
- Banryu gives orders
- dmtc refs

If your Pokemon has more than 1 ability, specify which one you will be using.

Good Luck Trainers!

"Very well, we'll respond with Toronero the Shieldon, standing strong and Sturdy!

"Your opening move will be to Taunt dat candle like a boss-- remind Tag and smash that you're too slow! (...yeah, I know we've used that one already. We gotta stop recycling Brawl taunts.) Next proceed by laying a tight formation of Stealth Rocks between you and Taggerz there, that should help to dissipate some flame attacks as well as preventing it from approaching without hurting itself! Now unleash some cannonfire through the gap in the middle of the rocks with Rock Blast! (And... obviously... if it somehow manages to get close just blast it from whatever the best angle you can get is.)"

((You DO realize that Shieldon is faster right? LOL I could hardly believe it myself, but... yeah... In case that'll be affecting what you want to do.

EDIT: LOL go for it))

Tag [Litwick] Male
Mild Nature (+1 * Special Attack, -1 * Defense)
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks, Pain Split, Psychic, Sucker Punch, Telekinesis, Trick, and Will-o-Wisp have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). (Gengar line and pure Ghosts only: moving through walls.)
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Solarbeam has Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:
Flame Body: (Innate) This Pokemon’s external temperature is kept at such a high level that any contact attack used on this Pokemon has a 30% chance of burning the opponent.
Flash Fire: (Innate) This Pokemon thrives in high temperatures, and takes the energy of any fire attack, nullifies the damage, and uses the additional power to boost its own fire attack’s Base Attack Power by two (2).
Shadow Tag: (Dream World) (Innate) Upon entry into battle, this Pokemon’s Shadow expands across the arena and dissipates, forcing opposing Pokemon to stay within 10 meters of this Pokemon. The Shadow entirely negates the ability to switch for every Pokemon except those who also have Shadow Tag.

HP: 90
Atk: **
Def: * (-)
SpA: **** (+)
SpD: **
Spe: 20

EC: 1/9
MC: 1
DC: 1/5

Moves:
Ember
Astonish
Minimize
Smog
Fire Spin
Confuse Ray
Night Shade
Will-o-Wisp
Flame Burst
Imprison

Sunny Day
Fire Blast
Flame Charge

Acid
Clear Smog
Endure

Shieldon Toronero (m)
Nature: Sassy
Personality: Very stubborn and strong-willed, he would rather defend than move in to attack, and is unfaltering in his dedication to holding his ground. His stubbornness makes him more likely to defend if ordered to attack unless forced under extreme pressure. He has a very well-roundedly defensive fighting style, specializing in ranged attacks and protective techniques.

Type: Rock / Steel
Rock: Rock STAB; Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm, Earth Power, Earthquake and Magnitude have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Spray, can be magnetized.

Stats:

Atk: **
Def: ****
SpA: **
SpD: **** (+)
Spe: 26 (-)

EC: 3/6
MC: 0
DC: 3/5

Abilities: Sturdy, Soundproof [DW]
Sturdy: (innate) This Pokemon’s body is solidly constructed, reducing damage from an opponents attacks by one (1) damage. The effect is amplified on OHKO Moves, which are reduced by ten (10) damage.
Soundproof [DW Locked]: (innate) Pokemon with this ability emit their own powerful electrostatic or sound-dampening field, making them immune to sound-based moves other than an ally's or their own Heal Bell. Ancient Song, Bark Out, Bug Buz, Chatter, Echo Voice, Grasswhistle, Growl, Heal Bell, Hyper Voice, Metal Sound, Perish Song, Roar, Screech, Sing, Round, Snore, Supersonic, Uproar.

Attacks:
(+) Tackle
(+) Protect
(+) Taunt
(+) Metal Sound
(+) Take Down
(+) Iron Defense
(+) Swagger
(o) Metal Burst

(+) Rock Blast
(+) Stealth Rock
(+) Counter
(o) Magic Coat

(+) Flash Cannon
(+) Ice Beam
(+) Flamethrower

Tag (Litwick) (M)
Atk: 2
Def: 1
SpA: 4
SpD: 2
Spe: 20
Actions: Fire Blast~Will-o-Wisp~Fire Blast

Toronero (Shieldon) (M)
Atk: 2
Def: 4
SpA: 2
SpD: 4
Spe: 26

Actions: Taunt~Stealth Rock~Rock Blast

Two people enter into a room that belongs to a little child. Toys cover the shelves and litter the floor. Are they pedophiles? No. They are two trainers, that have a score to settle. They see a box in the middle of the room and open the lid. The trainers are then sucked into the box, the stage for their battle. smashlloyd then grabs a Pokeball from his belt and tosses it into the air, then Tag the Litwick appears in a flash of light. Banryu decides that Toronero the Shieldon is the best response to Tag.

Toronero takes the initiative and begins to Taunt Tag. "Haha you stupid candle, YOU'RE TOO SLOW!!!!" Tag becomes enraged by Toronero's tactics and only wants to hurt him. Tag responds by launching a Blast of Fire directly at Toronero. Toronero then creates (Stealth) Rocks that begin to float, creating a "barrier" between himself and Tag.

Not waiting for his opponent to move, Toronero picks up 3 Rocks and Blasts them at Tag. The candle is rocked (pun intended) by the attack, but certainly not out. He once again generates another burst of Fire and Blasts it directly at Toronero. Toronero takes the hit like a champ and waits for his trainer's orders.

Tag:
Fire Blast - 12+3+(4-4)x1.5-1 = [14 Damage] [7 Energy]

Toronero:
Taunt = [10 Energy]
Stealth Rock = [11 Energy]
Rock Blast - [(3x3)+3+(2-1)x1.5]x1.5 = [20 Damage] [5 Energy]

Tag (Litwick) (M)
HP: 70
Energy: 86
Stats: N/A

Toronero (Shieldon) (M)
HP: 62
Energy: 74

smash, you're up.

"All right, Fire Blast has a huge radius, so a lot of it should get blocked by the Stealth Rock barrier. Same goes for the physical fire attack, as long as you stay behind the pointy rocks, all Tag's gonna do is hurt himself. >:3 Respond with a hefty Swagger to amplify dat Taunt, then unleash multiple Rock Blast barrages!"

Taunt > Rock Bast > Rock Blast

Tag (Litwick) (M)
HP: 70
Energy: 86
Actions: Fire Blast~Flame Charge~Fire Blast

Toronero (Shieldon) (M)
HP: 62
Energy: 74
Actions: Taunt~Rock Blast~Rock Blast

Although being slightly weaker than his opponent, Toronero continues to Taunt Tag the Litwick. However, Tag is already enraged by Toronero and pays no attention to the mocking. He then unleashes another powerful Fire Blast at Toronero.

Toronero takes the attack, and retaliates with a Rock Blast. He fires 2 rocks at the candle, dealing some serious damage. Tag then becomes engulfed in Flames and Charges Toronero. As he is rushing his foe, Tag collides with the rocks and takes some heavy damage, but is able to hit Toronero at full force.

Using the momentum from his Flame Charge, Tag launches another Fire Blast from point blank range. The fire engulfs Toronero, scorching the Pokemon. As the flames subside, 2 Rocks Blast through and smack Tag, sending him flying backwards.

Tag:
Fire Blast - 12+3+(4-4)x1.5-1 = [14 Damage] [11 Energy]
Flame Charge - 5+3+(2-4)x1.5-1 = [4 Damage] [3 Energy] [15 Self Damage]

Toronero:
Taunt - Fail = [10 Energy]
Rock Blast - [(3x2)+3+(2-1)x1.5]x1.5 = [16 Damage] [5 Energy]
Rock Blast - [(3x2)+3+(2-1)x1.5]x1.5 = [16 Damage] [9 Energy]

Tag (Litwick) (M)
HP: 23
Energy: 65
Stats: +1 Speed

Toronero (Shieldon) (M)
HP: 30
Energy: 50

Banryu, you're up.

((Shit I just realized that I made another incredibly stupid typo. I bolded Taunt instead of Swagger, which was the attack I intended to use, bah. Dx That aside, just noting that this doesn't really make a great deal of sense:
EDIT: Knowhat, nevermind. I'll keep my nitpickings to myself for now, I've done enough of it in this match already.))

"Ack. Well, we're getting hit more than I'd like, but this strategy (aside from my faultily-emphasized order) seems to be working pretty well so far." It looks like he's trying to mess with us status-wise.... He seems to have smartly timed that Flame Charge to still be around when his Taunted status wears off. "Well... we're going first this round, so no sense trying anything exceptionally tricky. Taunt him again for realz this time, then Metal Burst back any and all attacks he throws at you. If he tries to mess you up with Confuse Ray, bounce it back with Magic Coat, and continue your actions on the second and third turns. This is seriously enough stupidity out of me, you and the others deserve better."

Turn 1: Taunt (sub with Magic Coat if attacked by Confuse Ray)
Turn 2: Metal Burst (sub with Taunt if used Magic Coat on last turn)
Turn 3: Metal Burst

((These technically work with the new move substitution rules I think, right? If they don't I can change them.))

Tag (Litwick) (M)
Energy: 65
Stats: +1 Speed
Actions: Will-o-Wisp~Chill~Chill

Toronero (Shieldon) (M)
HP: 30
Energy: 50
Actions: Taunt~Metal Burst~Metal Burst

Making the most of his boost from Flame Charge, Tag releases a Will-o-Wisp at Toronero. The wispy flame engulfs Toronero Burning him. Toronero doesn't seem to bothered by the burn, as he begins to Taunt Tag again. Tag, once again, only wants to hurt his foe.

Then a silver orb appears in front of Toronero. This must be that incredibly overpowered Metal Burst technique that we've heard so much about. Tag looks like he's wants to relax, but he just stands there, with steam coming off of him. The orb appears like it's going to vanish, but then Toronero extends the length of the Metal Burst, only to have the same result as before.

Tag:
Will-o-Wisp = [6 Energy]

Toronero:
Taunt = [10 Energy]
Metal Burst = [5 Energy]
Metal Burst = [9 Energy]

Tag (Litwick) (M)
Energy: 59

Toronero (Shieldon) (M)
HP: 22
Energy: 26

smash, you're up

Okay seriously now, am I the only person who sees a problem with Chill-- a command to sit still and do absolutely nothing-- being used after its user has been Taunted-- a command that requires the victim to attack....?

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to make a quick intervention here. When a Pokemon is Taunted, it cannot use the chill action. It must either attack directly or do nothing. Therefore, please edit the match so that smashlloyd20 does not recover any energy from these chills. Thank you!

EDIT: My mistake, I was told he did recover energy. Either way, thanks!

@ DS - I didn't let smash recover any energy from the chills (as seen in the "Calcs"), I simply forgot to subtract the 6 from the WoW, which I've changed now.
@ Banryu - I saw it as if a Pokemon is taunted, it will simply ignore any non-attack actions given to it, which is what I did. Same as in the first round when Toronero taunted Tag and prevented his use of WoW. If you have a problem with smash actually choosing to use the Chill command when he knows he has been taunted, that's something you'd have to take up with him.

((LOL it's not like I can convince him not to do that in something like this, I think you know that as well as I do. What I had a problem with was YOU approving it, but I was apparently mistaken in thinking that you did and I clearly misread something then, so my bad.
Actions, I guess, since it looks like Smash prepared for Taunt: ))

Counter > Swagger > Metal Burst

Tag (Litwick) (M)
Energy: 59
Actions: Flame Charge~Ember~Flame Charge

Toronero (Shieldon) (M)
HP: 22
Energy: 26
Actions: Counter~Swagger~Metal Burst

Tag is trying to keep the momentum in his corner, as his body becomes engulfed in Flames and he Charges Toronero. Toronero attempts to Counter Tag, but seems to forget that he is a Ghost-type. That slip up could cost him.

Tag then keeps the pressure on by spitting Embers at his foe. Toronero shrugs off the attack and shows off his Swagga. Tag becomes Slightly Confused about how an opponent this close to being knocked out could still be this arrogant. He then becomes angrier with Toronero for mocking him and will definately put a little more pow into his attacks.

Another silver orb appears in front of Toronero, ready to absorb any of Tag's attacks. Tag doesn't seem to care and rushes in to finish Toronero. Tag must not have been paying attention though, and he trips and Hurts himself in confusion. But without an incoming attack, Toronero's Metal Burst was wasted.

Tag:
Flame Charge - 5+3+(2-4)x1.5-1 = [4 Damage] [3 Energy]
Ember - 4+3+(4-4)x1.5-1 = [6 Damage] [2 Energy]
Hurt in Counfusion - 4+(2-2)x1.5+2x1.5 = [7 Self Damage] [3 Energy]

Toronero:
Counter - It's okay, RD did this too = [6 Energy]
Swagger = [7 Energy]
Metal Burst = [5 Energy]

Tag (Litwick) (M)
HP: 16
Energy: 51
Stats: +2 Attack, +2 Speed

Toronero (Shieldon) (M)
HP: 6
Energy: 8

Banryu, you're up.

EDIT: About Stealth Rocks, I figured that they would be placed in the middle of the arena (Between Toronero and Tag), and when Tag rushed through them with the first Flame Charge he took the damage but he wouldn't go back to the other side of the rocks.
As for what part of Toronero is burnt, since his face pretty much covers his whole body from the front, I would have to say that his entire face is burnt.

(FAIL. ROFL. So Tag gets hurt by the Stealth Rocks again, right?

...BTW, what part of me is burned, I wonder? Well not like it matters, everything but the tail probably affects the power of Rock Blast.)

....hmm. Well, this took a turn for the less-than-desired. Well Toronero, it's time to soften up Tag for our next combatant! Your last move will be a screeching Metal Sound! If his next attack fails to KO and he gets cocky, Chill and launch another Metal Sound in the final turn!

Metal Sound > chill > Metal Sound

Tag (Litwick) (M)
Energy: 51
Stats: +2 Attack, +2 Speed
Actions: Flame Burst~Flame Burst~Flame Burst

Toronero (Shieldon) (M)
HP: 6
Energy: 8
Actions: Doesn't really matter

Tag knows that Toronero's time is at and end. So he fires a Burst of Flame, dropping the Shieldon once and for all.

Tag:
Flame Burst - 7+3+(4-4)x1.5-1 = [9 Damage] [5 Energy]

Tag (Litwick) (M)
Energy: 46
Stats: +2 Attack, +1 Speed

Toronero (Shieldon) (M)
HP: 0
Energy: 0

Banryu, your new Poke. The smash's actions.

Yep well, that's what we were expecting. v__v Poor Toronero just can't seem to catch a break.

Dromaeos, you're up!

Time for your last stand, Tag! You did great!

Will-o-wisp~Fire Blast~Fire Blast

If Will-o-Wisp ever misses, keep using it until it hits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)