smashlloyd20 vs. EndQuote: 2v2 Singles at the Boring Arena!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rules:
2v2 Singles
Switch=KO
DQ-2 Days
0 Recoveries/3 Chills
Switch=KO
All abilities.
All items.
Arena: Standard Tournament arena, not feeling very creative
smashlloyd20:

Casper [Nohface] (Male)
Nature: Adamant (+1 * Attack, -1 * Special Attack)
Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Bomb, can be magnetized.
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks, Pain Split, Psychic, Sucker Punch, Telekinesis, Trick, and Will-o-Wisp have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). (Gengar line and pure Ghosts only: moving through walls.)

Abilities:
Levitate: (Innate) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Level Ground, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.
Levitate (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Level Ground, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.

HP: 100
Atk: 3 (+)
Def: 3
SpA: 1 (-1)
SpD: 3
Spe: 10

EC: 4/6
MC: 5
DC: 3/5

Moves:
Scratch
Iron Defense
Lick
Odor Sleuth
Faint Attack
Shadow Sneak
Curse

Psycho Shift
Meteor Mash
Yawn

Will-o-Wisp
Dig
Taunt

Tag [Lampent] Male
Mild Nature (+1 * Special Attack, -1 * Defense)
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks, Pain Split, Psychic, Sucker Punch, Telekinesis, Trick, and Will-o-Wisp have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). (Gengar line and pure Ghosts only: moving through walls.)
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Solarbeam has Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:
Flame Body: (Innate) This Pokemon’s external temperature is kept at such a high level that any contact attack used on this Pokemon has a 30% chance of burning the opponent.
Flash Fire: (Innate) This Pokemon thrives in high temperatures, and takes the energy of any fire attack, nullifies the damage, and uses the additional power to boost its own fire attack’s Base Attack Power by two (2).
Shadow Tag: (Dream World) (Innate) Upon entry into battle, this Pokemon’s Shadow expands across the arena and dissipates, forcing opposing Pokemon to stay within 10 meters of this Pokemon. The Shadow entirely negates the ability to switch for every Pokemon except those who also have Shadow Tag.

HP: 90
Atk: 2
Def: 1 (-)
SpA: 4 (+)
SpD: 2
Spe: 55

EC: 8/9
MC: 3
DC: 2/5

Moves:
Ember
Astonish
Minimize
Smog
Fire Spin
Confuse Ray
Night Shade
Will-o-Wisp
Flame Burst
Imprison

Sunny Day
Fire Blast
Flame Charge

Acid
Clear Smog
Endure

EndQuote:

Totodile(*) Fang (M)
Nature: Adamant Adds * to Attack, subtracts * from Special Attack

Type:

Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 43

EC: 0/9
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Abilities:

Torrent: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any water attack is increased by two (2). (eg Water Pulse goes from 6 to 8, Hydro Pump from 12 to 14)
Sheer Force (DW): (Can be Enabled, Locked) This Pokemon can energize all its attacks with secondary effect chances less than 100%. When Enabled, the Base Attack Power of every move with an effect chance less than 100% increases by two (2), but they will never have a secondary effect.

Attacks:

Scratch (*)
Leer (*)
Water Gun (*)
Rage (*)
Bite (*)
Scary Face (*)
Ice Fang (*)
Flail (*)
Thrash (*)

Dragon Dance (*)
Aqua Jet (*)
Mud Sport (*)

Dig (*)
Shadow Claw(*)
Waterfall (*)

Joltik: Watt (M)
Nature: Rash: Adds * to Special Attack, subtracts * from Special Defense

Type:

Bug: Bug STAB; More mobility in dense brush or forest conditions. Gain an extra guaranteed attack on multi-hit moves.
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Thunder breaking Protect during Rain.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
SpD: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 65

EC: 0/6

Abilities:

Compoundeyes: (Innate) This Pokemon’s complex eyes give it a comprehensive view of the field, making its attack 30% (x1.3) more accurate.
Unnerve: (Innate) The Pokemon's presense causes immense tension in the opponent, preventing them from eating a held Berry. Natural Gift may still be used.
Swarm (DW): (Innate, Locked) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33% (flat), the Base Attack Power of any Bug-typed attack is increased by 2. (eg Silver Wind goes from 6 to 8, X-Scissor from 8 to 10)

Attacks:

String Shot (*)
Leech Life (*)
Spider Web (*)
Thunder Wave (*)
Screech (*)
Fury Cutter (*)
Electroweb (*)
Bug Bite (*)
Gastro Acid (*)

Cross Poison (*)
Disable (*)
Rock Climb (*)

Substitute (*)
Light Screen (*)
X-Scissor (*)

Gulpin(*) Smudge (M)

Nature: Quiet: Adds * to Special Attack; Divides Base Speed by 1.15 and gives a flat 10 point decrease in evasion, effectively adding 10 accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 95) on an opponent’s attacks.

Type:

Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens/haze uninhibited. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus. Superior senses in urban settings.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 35 (-)

EC: 0/6

Abilities:

Liquid Ooze: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is covered in a slimy poison that when drained by Leech Seed or another draining move, damages the opposing Pokemon for the amount that would have been healed.
Sticky Hold: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is covered in a sticky substance that prevents item theft or swapping.
Gluttony (DW): (Innate, Locked) This Pokemon devours healing and stat increasing berries at 50% health (flat) instead of 25% health (flat).

Attacks:

Pound (*)
Yawn (*)
Poison Gas (*)
Sludge (*)
Amnesia (*)
Encore (*)

Destiny Bond (*)
Mud-Slap (*)
Pain Split (*)

Ice Beam (*)
Shadow Ball (*)
Double Team (*)

Alright, here we go!

smashlloyd20 sends out a Pokemon
EndQuote sends out a Pokemon and gives its actions
smashlloyd20 gives actions
I ref

'Looking at my team, I've got a severe weakness to that damn Totodile. The only question is which of my Pokemon can cripple it the most before it goes down...'

'Tag the Lampent, get out there!'

GO SMUDGE (The Gulpin)

Smudge, use Yawn, then set up a Double Team to create 3 clones, then finish with Shadow Ball.
IF Lampent uses Will-O-Wisp, stop the flames from approaching you with Mud-Slap!
IF Lampent uses Sunny Day, Encore it.

'I can't see why he's not leading with Totodile. You're pretty awesome Tag but you wouldn't stand much of a chance against it. But still, this is kind of bad. He's not letting us do much in the way of status, but there are a few things he missed...'

'Start off with a Will-o-Wisp; we can't afford to take the Yawn. Follow that up with a Fire Blast, and finish up with a Clear Smog to eliminate his clones!'

In the future, you can only make one move substitution.

Tag the Lampent
Energy: 100
Def: 1
SpA: 4
Other: none

Smudge the Gulpin
Def: 2
SpA: 3
Spe: 35
Other: -10% Evasion

This match starts of with a battle of trickery, with Tag sending a Will-o-Wisp at Smudge, not even coming close to being accurate, but Smudge uses Mud-Slap to put it out anyway! Tag then shoots a much more powerful fire at Smudge, a Blast of Fire! Smudge sets up some clones with a Double Team, but Tag immediately gets rid of them with a Clear Smog. Smudge finishes this round off with a Ball of the Shadows at Tag.

Tag the Lampent
HP: 76
Energy: 83

Smudge the Gulpin
HP: 74
Energy: 71

Action 1:
Tag: Will-o-Wisp: misses, 6 Energy
Smudge: Mud-Slap: 3 Energy, makes Will-o-Wisp miss even more

Acction 2:
Tag: Fire Blast: 12 + 3 + (4-2)*1.5 = 18 Damage, 7 Energy
Smudge: Double Team(3 Clones): 12 Energy

Action 3:
Tag: Clear Smog: hits the real Smudge, 5 + (4-2)*1.5 = 8 Damage, 4 Energy
Smudge: Shadow Ball: [8 + (3-2)*1.5]*1.5 = 14.25, rounds to 14 Damage, 6 Energy

smashlloyd's actions
EndQuote's actions
I ref

I don't think we should still be at 100 energy...

'Alright Tag, great job! Looking at the amount of damage you did last round, we can finish this purple...blob...thing in a snap!'

'Use Fire Blast three times, but if he ever uses Double Team use Clear Smog immediately afterward to destroy the clones!'

Right, Smudge, minor setback, but let's hit 'em hard!
Immediately use Amnesia to tank some hits, then Yawn, then use Shadow Ball!

I would also like to point out that Smudge is blue, not purple XD

Tag the Lampent
HP: 76
Energy: 83

Smudge the Gulpin
HP: 74
Energy: 71

Tag goes right ahead with powerful moves, launching a Fire Blast immediately. Smudge uses Amnesia, and that for some reason raises its special defense. Tag continues with the Fire Blasts, while Smudge loudly Yawns at this offensive maneuver. Tag uses another Blast of Fire, while Smudge fires a Shadow Ball right back. Tag is already asleep due to broken Yawn mechanics for two actions.

Tag the Lampent
HP: 62
Energy: 50
Other: Asleep (2 actions)

Smudge the Gulpin
HP: 26
Energy: 51
Other: -10% Evasion, +1 SpD

Action 1:
Tag: Fire Blast: 12 + 3 + (4-2)*1.5 = 18 Damage, 7 Energy
Smudge: Amnesia: 7 Energy

Acction 2:
Tag: Fire Blast: 12 + 3 + (4-2)*1.5 - (2-0)*1.75 = 14.5, rounds to 15 Damage, 11 Energy
Smudge: Yawn: 7 Energy

Action 3:
Tag: Fire Blast: 12 + 3 + (4-2)*1.5 - (2-0)*1.75 = 14.5, rounds to 15 Damage, 15 Energy

EndQuote's actions
smashlloyd's actions
I ref

Right, Smudge, I want you to use Double Team to create 3 clones again. Then shadow ball twice!
IF he uses clear smog to get rid of the clones, Encore it.

'Fuck broken yawn. We're going to have to hope for some luck here!'

'Sleep until you wake up, and use Fire Blast when you're awake and hope you get lucky!'

Tag the Lampent
HP: 62
Energy: 50

Smudge the Gulpin
Energy: 51
Other: -10% Evasion, +1 SpD

Tag is unfortunately asleep for this action because of mechanics supposed to nerf Bide (go figure). Smudge takes the time to set up a few clones with a Double Team, and this time they stay around for a bit. Tag continues sleeping, while SMudge shoots a Shadow Ball at Tag. Tag finally wakes up, and is quick to shoot a Fire Blast, not hitting the right clone. Smudge again shoots a Shadow Ball at Tag to end the round.

Tag the Lampent
HP: 34
Energy: 43

Smudge the Gulpin
Energy: 23
Other: -10% Evasion, 2 Clones

Action 1:
Tag: sleeping
Smudge: Double Team(3 Clones): 12 Energy

Acction 2:
Tag: sleeping

Action 3:
Tag: Fire Blast: wrong clone, 7 Energy
Smudge: Shadow Ball: [8 + (3-2)*1.5]*1.5 = 14.25, rounds to 14 Damage, 10 Energy

smashlloyd's actions
EndQuote's actions
I ref

'Alright, Sleep is terrible. But have no fear Tag, we can pull through!'

'Start off with a Clear Smog to eliminate his clones, but if you see him setting him up for an Encore use Fire Blast instead! Then throw another two Fire Blasts at him!'

Right, smudge, you are slower, so make it look like you're going to launch a shadow ball before Encoring his Clear Smog.
Then Chill, then Shadow Ball!

"make it look like you're going to launch a shadow ball before Encoring his Clear Smog" Nice try, but lol no. That would be the most ridiculous thing if I allowed that. Smudge is going to use Encore, and that is that.

Tag the Lampent
Energy: 43

Smudge the Gulpin
Energy: 23
Other: -10% Evasion, 2 Clones

Tag sees Smudge getting ready to encore, so Tag shoots a Blast of Fire at Smudge, who Encores this, just as expected. Tag can't let down his fans, so he launches another Fire Blast. Smudge is pretty low on energy, and thus just chills. Tag fires off one last Fire Blast, causing Smudge to faint.

Tag the Lampent
Energy: 18

Smudge the Gulpin
HP: -10
Energy: 25

Action 1:
Tag: Fire Blast: wrong clone, 11 Energy
Smudge: Encore: 10 Energy

Acction 2:
Tag: Fire Blast: hits the real Smudge, 12 + 3 + (4-2)*1.5 = 18 Damage, 7 Energy
Smudge: chill: +12 Energy

Action 3:
Tag: Fire Blast: 12 + 3 + (4-2)*1.5 = 18 Damage, 7 Energy, KOs Smudge
Smudge:

EndQuote sends out a Pokemon and gives actions
smashlloyd's actions
I ref

Ah well, it was worth a shot.

"Nice try, Smudge, take a good rest.
Go, FANG! (The Totodile)
Fang, use Waterfall, then Shadow Claw, then Aqua Jet!
If at any point it tries to use confuse ray or will-o-wisp, DIG to evade it!"

'Works for me. Let's go the way of the Victini and show him that in the right circumstances simple resistances won't save anything!'

'Start off with Sunny Day, then use Flame Burst and follow it up with Fire Blast!'

Again, substitutions based on multiple moves are not allowed. Luckily, it didn't matter, but be careful about that in the future!

Tag the Lampent
Energy: 18

Fang the Totodile
Atk: 4
SpA: 1

Tag starts by summoning a Sunny Day, which may help Tag in the time he has left. Fang attacks Tag with a Waterfall, not doing as much damage as normal because of the sun. Tag shoots a Burst of Flame at Fang, actually doing decent damage. Fang uses the power of the Shadows and Claws at Tag, finishing Tag off.

Tag the Lampent
HP: -2
Energy: 4

Fang the Totodile
HP: 79
Energy: 90

Sunny Day for 3 rounds

Action 1:
Tag: Sunny Day: 9 Energy
Fang: Waterfall: [8 - 3 + 3 + (4-1)*1.5]*1.5 = 18.75, rounds to 19 Damage, 5 Energy

Acction 2:
Tag: Flame Burst: [7 + 3 + 3 + (4-2)*1.5]*2/3 = 10.667, rounds to 11 Damage, 5 Energy
Fang: Shadow Claw: [7 + (4-1)*1.5]*1.5 = 17.25, rounds to 17 Damage, 5 Energy, KOs Tag

Casper the Nohface is sent out
smashlloyd's actions
EndQuote's actions
I ref

EDIT: That's OK. The substitution rules are in the Referee Training Grounds, just do ctrl+F substitution, and it should show you.

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood.
I thought that since I was just going to dig either way, it counted as one move.
Out of curiosity, could I single out a group of moves, (For example: "All status Powders") like the first turn in this match?
Thanks for being patient with my absolute stupidity XD

EDIT: Learning stuff, ftw.

'Alright Casper, let's finish this! I was too stupid to buy you Shadowstrike, so we'll have to make do with trickery here.'

'Start off with an Iron Defense, then follow up with a Yawn then a Will-o-Wisp.'

"Right, Fang, we're at a disadvantage because of the weather, but let's show this not-so-friendly ghost what we're made of!

Start off with a Shadow Claw, with it's increased chance for a crit! Then Dig underground to avoid seeing and hearing the yawn! Too bad he's levitating, but we can't afford to go to sleep! Finally, finish up by Waterfalling straight through the will-o-wisp into Casper. The water you surround yourself with should extinguish the flames. If the ref decides this is improbable, use water gun to put out the flames instead.

I am quite certain that is an illegal substitution. It has to be one, specific action.

Casper the Nohface
Atk: 3

Fang the Totodile
Energy: 90

Sunny Day for 3 rounds

We are down to the final match-up, let's see how this goes! Fang starts off with a Shadow Claw, seeming to not do very much damage. Casper sets up Iron Defenses, so Fang's attacks will do even less. Fang burrows underground, while Casper loudly Yawns, but it doesn't do anything. Fang pops up from Digging, but Casper is just Levitating above Fang. Fang charges at Casper with the force of a Waterfall, and Casper shoots a blue flame (Will-o-Wisp) at the water, slightly reducing the power of Fang's attack, but not burning Fang.

Casper the Nohface
HP: 87
Energy: 79
Atk: 3
Other: +1 Def

Fang the Totodile
Energy: 74

Sunny Day for 2 rounds

Action 1:
Fang: Shadow Claw: 7 + (4-3)*1.5 = 8.5, rounds to 9 Damage, 5 Energy
Casper: Iron Defense: 7 Energy

Action 2:
Fang: Dig: goes underground
Casper: Yawn: missed, 7 Energy
Fang: Dig: comes up, misses, 6 Energy

Action 3:
Fang: Waterfall: 8 - 3 - 2 + 3 + (4-3)*1.5 - (2-0)*1.75 = 4 Damage, 5 Energy
Casper: Will-o-Wisp: fails, 7 Energy

EndQuote's actions
smashlloyd's actions
I ref

Right, Fang. Strictly by-the-book, let's do this!
Use Waterfall, Aqua Jet, then Waterfall again. You should spend the entire round cloaked with water.
IF he tries to Yawn, use Dig to evade it.
We're not doing much damage, but we can't afford to get status'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)