Smeargle Card Project

Kadew

*bird sounds*
is an Artist Alumnus
Made my card, not the best job I could've done, but I've not been in a very artsy mood lately and I wanted to stop feeling bad about putting this off.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I actually quite like it, Kadew. The only thing I would suggest is place the upper left spade right under 9 - kinda looks asymmetrical otherwise.

lol @ Milun's Breloom x)

Made my card, not the best job I could've done, but I've not been in a very artsy mood lately and I wanted to stop feeling bad about putting this off.
well, as icepick said, nobody is pushed for time. you can still work on it if you'd like (which would be great if you can find the time for it). there is no deadline.

also, just as a nitpick, i'd probably move the top left spade and place it here if you don't want to overlap it with the nine. perhaps you can also shift the bottom right spade to the right a little if you want to keep some sense of symmetry going.

Alice

The worst taste in music
I'm still alive, i just have been quite busy with work, but i hope i can get something done this week

Wow, that's a pretty nice use of the Spade shape there. Fits really well. ...on that note, someone absolutely needs to make a Magneton of Clubs now.

Ugh finally done; took me ages.

The quality is really bad though: does anybody know how I can make it better? (dpi is 300)

EDIT: Fixed

The quality is really bad though: does anybody know how I can make it better? (dpi is 300)

That looks very good; it gives me inspiration to continue mine (which will be done soon, I promise)...! The circle-bubbles around the edge look interesting, and fill in the empty spaces, without interfering with the card itself.

reserving queen of spades please! Zapdraws, artwise your card is fantastic! I know it's not compulsory, but I'd prefer it if the drawing had any resemblance to spades :/
This is just my view though.

Trust me, it looks a lot better in the hand-drawn version... I hope it's the right size; if you can't see the suit, tell me, and I'll change it a little.

I find this to be quite a cute piece and I enjoy the circles around the card, they really help fill in the negative spaces. However I do have some issues with this card. First off, I feel that the diamond around the Oddish looks really rushed and I can see the line overlap on its leg. I also find it rather rushed due to opacity overlaps on the diamond, doesn't look clean or constant. I would keep it a solid color if I were you.
As for the whole piece, it looks like you merely used one layer (I can tell because of the shading overlaps). If you used multiple layers, it will reduce the chance of colors overlapping (you can use one layer for lineart, the coloring below it and so forth).
Finally, I find that the suite diamonds are out of shape. If you can, use the line tool over free hand, it will make your lines much cleaner (I'd recommend using it for the center diamond as well.

I used an app called ArtStudio, Juicy. It makes cartoons like that relatively simple. Great program that I can't recommend enough.

Reserving 9 of Hearts, Shuckle.

I imagine, for planning purposes, a beach scene, maybe near Cianwood; the holes where Shuckle sticks its limbs out of might become more heart-shaped. Quite possibly, one Shuckle will be eating a berry?

i drew a thing :u

feel free to critique, I can always dick around with it more

didn't add the numbers/suit to the borders since it looks like someone was saying they'd standardize them all??? but I can always add them.

full size in the hide tags (look at your own peril, the messiness is much more acute therein)

These are really cool!
:toast:
Wish I had a tablet.
I think my favorite hands down is the Honchkrow.
Mad props to all who poured their talents in this.
Nice job.​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)