Smeargle Card Project

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Can I get the 8 of spades with Scolipede?

Here is the preliminary line drawing i did with GIMP for the card. I am definitely looking for opinions and suggestions :D

Some of the lines need to be cleaned up

Edit: Had a couple of ideas thread related:
1. How about sometime in the future giving each gen a deck of cards. This would be fun for all and cool, too.
2. Pokemon Calender. 19 bucks on Lulu. probably cheaper elsewhere.

Kadew

*bird sounds*
is an Artist Alumnus
@andrew3391 - that scolipede of spades is looking nice, I like how you're incorporating the poke into the spade shape, really clever. Can't wait to see more progress on this.

@bluehoundoom - the yveltal card looks quite snazzy, nice bold colors. The composition, though, could use a few touches. Namely, the 7 and club in the corners; they're quite small, and the club is far to close to being flush with the side of the card, which makes them seem squashed and afterthoughtish. If you were to size them up a tad, move them a little further from the right and left sides, and maybe even size down yveltal a tiny bit to make room, I think it would make your card look that much better. (the yveltal's wingarm in the upper-right is similarly a bit too close to the edge in comparison with how close it gets in the lower-left, but not nearly as bad as the clubs issue)

Not sure if this is allowed, but I went back and redid my image a little. I also got rid of the numbers in the corners so that they may be kept consistent with the other cards.

Thanks for the advice Kadew! And thanks TML! :)
Instead of resizing, I thought moving it down would make space. Also, I changed the text!

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus

thanks for the comment kadew! this is still very much in progress but suggestions and comments are welcome :D especially on color, lighting, and if anyone knows how to get that old faded t-shirt look, these are what I've been trying to work with lately. and Happy Valentine's Day y'all

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
yea energy storm you would probably do better on 8 of spades anyway...lol (my confidence levels are now nearing zero) :/

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
waaaaaaaaaat andrew that pic is freaking fantastic, well done! It's so unique!

Maybe Energy Storm could take the 10 of spades instead?

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
thanks Oglemi...and I should really start saving more often. I just finished doing some tedious touch ups on the ridiculous 19 layers I have going, and then GIMP froze..XD not a good day
also I'm really loving all the cards done so far, this is gonna be a great deck

ok, sooo close to being finished. The only thing i see that I *might* add is two small venipedes and a whirlipede in outline form on the lower right beneath the scroll to fill in the blank space, but I'll wait to see what ya'll have to say about it. And if there's anything glaring that I need to fix.

Edit: more recent version that is more contrasty and I tried to fix the vines in the upper left

The Items up top are a Master Ball, Life Orb, Focus Sash, Leftovers, and a Salac Berry. The latin on the banner translates to "The dose makes the poison"
This production was happily brought to you by Monster, Marlboro, my cat Casper, and the number 8 :)

JUST KIDDING I DIDNT SEE YOUR SUBMISSION SORRY ANDREW IM RETARDED :C

yeah i'll take 10 of spades then

also andrew your picture looks great, I love the lighting and all the little details you put into it

icepick

she brings the rain
is a Top Artist Alumnus
I really like that andrew.

Sorry I haven't updated this in a while. I'm going to VM some of the people who signed up a while ago and haven't posted anything and see if they're still planning on doing their card, so there might be some openings.

Is queen of spades still open? If so, I would like to do Mawile because Xaq told me to and also Ult (told me to as well as Xaq, but it was initially Xaq's idea, but Ult was on board with it to which is why I am making this post to claim the card previously mentioned (queen of spades) with Mawile (who was also previously mentioned earlier in this post))

P.S. In case you missed my initial question, I was inquiring about the availability of the aforementioned card (see fig. 1 for more details)

Is queen of spades still open? If so, I would like to do Mawile because Xaq told me to and also Ult (told me to as well as Xaq, but it was initially Xaq's idea, but Ult was on board with it to which is why I am making this post to claim the card previously mentioned (queen of spades) with Mawile (who was also previously mentioned earlier in this post))

P.S. In case you missed my initial question, I was inquiring about the availability of the aforementioned card (see fig. 1 for more details)

dude 10 of hearts is already taken

Wow that Huntail looks awesome. Love the subtlety with the tail.

andrew3391, I'm loving how your image is turning out, though there seem to be some white specs on the Venopedes. I don't know if that's a design choice or if my computer is failing to display the image properly, but I just felt I should mention that.

Work on Shuckle is going really really slow (I wanted to let you know that I'm still working on it), and I can't really find a satisfactory pose/background for the concept sketch... I won't give up, though!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)