Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So there was some badge updating happening on site let me just share with everyone a bit of what I did

Reworking of the 5 custom symbols for Smogon Frontier, the originals got blurred and recolouring them would have been a pain in that shape.

also these won't be badges anytime soon but I still made them because I was bored.

Well, I guess I'd contribute as well then

In order:
Charizards wants to be a Hydreigon
Lapras mixed with Torterra and Venusaur
Dratini wants to be Servine
A mix of Braviary, Altaria, Archeops and Moltres. Very proud of this ^^
Pidgeotto with the color scheme of Ho-Oh
Ghost-type Aron
Water-type Klink
A Atumn Leafeon
Fire-type Sandslash
A mix between Mightyena, Quilava and Absol
Water-type Hippowdon

Requests are welcome!

Hello, I would like to request some banners for my trade shop. I would like one banner for each region including the new Kalos region. I can offer 1 pokemon for each banner in return, thanks.

Could someone make me a custom trainer sprite for asb? Huge apologies if wrong section or if not allowed.

eidt. the request would be make the following image into a trainer sprite. yeah, I know its not a fusion or anything. so sue me.

Nvm found someone who would do it for me.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, this is my first attempt at any spriting work. I started with simple recolors, and am now trying my hand at fusions. Here's what I've got so far:
Squirtle recolor Charmander finished.png
Alakazam recolor Poliwrath finished.png
Salamence recolor Bastiodon finished.png
Salamence recolor Empoleon-shiny finished.png
Torterra Autumn finished.png
Regis fusion finished-uncolored.png

-Squirtle recolored to Charmander
-AquaZam, Alakazam recolored to Poliwrath
-Salamence as Bastiodon
-Salamence as Shiny Empoleon
-Autumn Torterra (thanks Turtleye for the idea to do autumn colors)
-my first fusion, the 3 Regis. I don't like it enough to fully recolor, but i do like the joint I made on its left arm

Also I apologize if it's uncool to use someone else's request, but here's an attempt at Ninjastars' Ampharos and Wobbuffett

Amphabet finished.png

If anyone has any recolors/retypes/fusions they'd like to see, I'll certainly take a stab at them.

Also I'm sorry I'm not sure how to make the backgrounds transparent, I set it to transparent on Paint but I don't think it worked.
Thanks for checking it out!

Wew, nice work Ulriken and I love the Autumn Terra (he's my fav pokemon so yeh ^^)
only the outlines of the tree are a bit weird and dont really fit the highlight color.
And, I like your WobbufetAmpharos, better than mine anyways (>_>)

Meh

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm requesting a forum Signature, and if any artist is willing to help me could you please pm me, I have a few ideas that would be to much to post

Jaiho

bandy legged troll
Blastoise + Venusaur + Charizard.png
Chansey + Kangaskhan.png
Deep Sea Torterra (Torterra, Torkoal, Camerupt, and Corsola) w: Lapras coloring.png
Dragonite + Salamence.png
Flygon w: Azumarill and Bisharp coloring.png
Grassachu (Pikachu, Serperior, Leafeon, Dewott, Rattata).png
Hoppip + Sudowoodo.png
Weezing + Weepingbell + Sunflora + Delcatty.png
Shuckle + Feebas.png

Empoleon + Electivire.png

These are some sprites I made two summers ago, before school kinda caught up to me. I want to get back into it now, so I decided to post these here.

- a combination of all 3 Kanto starters
- Chansey recolored to Kangaskhan and marsupialized (I made the hands from scratch, so they look shitty)
- a Deep Sea Torterra w/ parts of Camerupt, Torkoal and Corsola
- Dragonite and Salamence fusion
-Flygon recolored with Bisharp and Azumarill
- grass type Pikachu (Serperior, Leafeon, Rattata, Dewott)
- Hoppip and Sudowoodo fusion
- Don't ask me what this is. I don't know. Has pieces of Weezing, Weepinbell, Sunflora, and Delcatty
- Shuckle and Feebas fusion, the ultimate Pokemon
- an Electivire and Empoleon fusion.

If anyone wants me to make them a sprite, VM me i guess, but there are far better spriters here that can do a much better job.

By the way, if anyone knows of a good, free program for Macs to do spriting on, could you direct me to it? My current program can't rotate objects, which reduces what sprites I could be able to make.

Blatikius.PNG
AiraBrawl.PNG
Alpha Worior.PNG
Arourua Fox.PNG
darsper.PNG
Grey Kyurem.PNG
psyvirura.PNG
shadcect.PNG
Kirbyfanultra's Sprite Form.PNG

hey, dont leave me out on this spriting thing!
heres some fusions ive made .
fusion1 used blazikin, shaymin, latios, keldeo-r, palkia, gallade, chinchino,and landorus
fusion 2 used lucario,landorus,exadrill,toradus-t,garchomp,gallade and thats it.
fusion 3 used gallade, excalveir, bisharp, and salemence.
fusion 4 used suicune,ninetails,arcanine,victini,rioku,espeon,and lots of patence.
fusion 5 uses umbreon,absol,starapptor,and shiny charzard.
fusion 6 used only the kyurem forms
fusion 7 used surperior,gallade,shaymin,keldeo,sighlybityh <its a miricle if any one person could actually spell it>,verizion,terrakion,victini,and venepede (i think)
fusion 8 used genesect,hydrigon, and darkri
idk WHAT i used for fusion 9 o.e

Last edited:
Hmm, I like Ninetales and Absol, and Grey Kyurem, but all the others are waaaaay to overloaded with details, have too much colors or the details are weirdly placed (palkia's arm on blaziken, for example).
keep things simple, it looks better than one colorful mix of pokemon like the 9th sprite.

Regime

the party is December 18th
is an Artist Alumnus
Hey. I just got into Spriting, and these aren't that good, but I thought i'd like to post them.

1. A male form of Vespiqueen
2: A fusion of Lucario and Dragonite
3: A fusion of Scizor and Flygon
4: And evolved form of Farfetch'd called Mockeree'd
5: A Electric Type fusion of Spoink, Chinchou and Vulpix.

Last edited:
Is there a spriter that would be able to help me with a custom trainer sprite for PS? I have one already but it needs some touching up and proper shading according to Zarel.

This is the sprite as of now and its based off this picture. If anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated.

In the gne4 banner, the infernape looks quite weird. Have you considered using the platinum sprite? Also maybe space them farther? Idk, I don't draw, but i feel like these could be improvements.

Regime

the party is December 18th
is an Artist Alumnus
In the gne4 banner, the infernape looks quite weird. Have you considered using the platinum sprite? Also maybe space them farther? Idk, I don't draw, but i feel like these could be improvements.
Oh haha yeah. all the pokemon have a second frame sprite. ill edit it. thanks for the comment ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)