Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you noticed there are many little things covering parts of charizard but they accentuate the effect of the background. i like that second Dave Grohl banner.

Everyone thank you for the comments.

@Bull. the boxes are there for a reason, i didn't do that by accident.

they are cool i guess but i am posting mainly to say that i am glad you changed your name because it was fucking awful
yeah it was pretty fucking bad.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I really like the Charizard banner.

I knew the "boxes" Bull referred to, were intentional. But, I think they do stand out in an odd way. If they are part of an overall "collage effect" (I think they are), you should do more of them or maybe make them blend a little more with the underlying art. As it stands, they do look a bit like a mistake.

Even if you leave it alone, I still think it looks awesome!

yeah the boxes can look a little odd, but i like how it looks. however i will try and alter it to blend in a little more. thanks for the comments.

I need a new banner for my thread.

I have someone who offered to make one, but I'm also looking for someone who can draw me one (probably cell shaded) in line with some specifications I give.

Outline:

Involves a castle.
Involves two Pokemon, possibly Vulpix/Arcanine and Lugia/Zapdos/Articuno, or maybe whatever Pokemon the artist likes drawing.
Involves a three word heading.

If anyone is interested, I can offer my Walrein as a reward. Post here or PM me, up to you! Thanks.

Hi can some one make me a new banner? I need one for my EV training thread thim Im making. Whomever makes me one I will do a breeding project for OR I will give you 2 something from the thread im making: its going to look like this:

OK so you see a machamp Bench bench pressing like 1100 pounds,putting 510 on each side of the stick(lol) and making it the following on the left side:
2 250 Pounders
1 10 pounder
And on the right it is:
2 250 pounders
1 10 pounder

But that was just its first two arms( the top two) and the bottom two will be the exact same but making sure that this isn covering the page, I want in the background a hitmonchan punching a speed bag with one arm while gaurding with the other and an infernape like doing a monkey walk on a treadmill(you know, like he uses his arms then his legs...) but there is one VERY IMPORTANT THING. IT MUST LOOK LIKE A SKETCH AND DRAWN WITH COLOR PENCIL.

Could someone make me an Avatar which is a Shiny Rapidash with wings or just a really cool avatar with a Shiny Rapidash. I don't have anything to give you back, but if I ever get a thread going, there will be.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There's something about these I'm not too keen on. I'm not an expert at Photoshop or anything, I just think that the Pokemon are too far away whilst being centered with their whole body showing, it may be that that's just not appealing.

Still, great work there, better than anything I could do, atleast for now. ;]

You know nothing of sprite tags, do you? The sprites are supposed to have their "Whole body showing."

The backgrounds are pretty nice, not liking the sprites being slapped onto them though. That only really applies to Abomasnow. Not liking the text in the Cloyster tag. Poliwhirl's bad border is bad. Replace it. All of them need more depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)