Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Romeert. the toucan looks better now.on the freaky bug of death thing lower the left arm(our right) by a couple of pixels.
anyway here is a new recolour!

@Ziposaki. Holy hell did you scratch that COMPLETELY?the hair is cool. the hands look wierdish though. maybe put one pixel in those huge teddy hand places?the left leg does look rather clayey. how about go for a more golden shade?

Excellent loondex elcheeso. Looks like you put effort into every single one of them, which is rare nowadays. Like Fuzzberry's buizeldex.

(not commenting on lizard thing to avoid hassle)

Heya Zipo, make the bronze leg slightly bigger and straighter, with visible joints on the knee.
Like abhicherath suggested above, maybe try for a more golden shade (look for the color in shiny pokemon, plenty shinies have a gold-ish brown color).
To avoid the clayey feel, add some shine to it. Shine is what differentiates metal from clay.

abhicherath: Uh...um...ok. Good. If you realise, there isn't much to say about recolors, either it's right or it's wrong. In this case it's right, so...yeah. Try moving on to fusions!

Oh, and welcome abhicherath and ShineyGengar! This is ICC, a (once-regular) member of the thread.
(Farewell, blastoiseboy! Don't know what you did, but you will be missed!)

ICC i do realize that and i AM doing fusions. i HAVE done them too, check the pages before this.right now im doing blaziken and charizard.

Purugloon! And therefore Glameoon also.
Also, I'd love to see the second-gen-startloons

Anyway, the dex is looking lovely, like ICC said, lots of effort going into it

heya my new robowoman outline here!

so C+C please?
Here is my Charizard+Blaziken fusion

C+C PLEASE!i need to get better at fusions
I know the tail is FAR too straight,its scratched.since whatever i did, zard's tail never managed to look decent...
anybody got a challenge for me(FUSIONS) if so.BRING IT THE FUCK ON!

ok i won't be rude, i was just upset because i didn't ask for C+C on Igandert.

i can't think of what to do, i've looked over spriters recourse's hgss pokemon sheets forever and nothing pops out at me. i'll probably end up doing more move sprites.

Wait, blastoiseboy got BANNED? Sniff. He'll be missed. He was a nice guy........ Anyways...... the blazikenzard isn't bad at all. You have the idea of colouring the parts to match skin tones, instead of just leaving it there. I say you did a good job.

I lowered the arm by a pixel. Any better?

Abhicerath, if you're looking for a fusion, how about Lucario and Milotic fusion? It was a request made on the first or second page of this thread, but hasn't been done yet, so if you want to, go ahead and good luck!

here's a gengar stat increase :D
background and stat increase sprites by KL NOTHINCOMIN

i like this one because of how i got it in the shape of the gengar. i make the hole gengar black, make black the second color and put select tool on transparent, and drag it onto the stat increase. i think that was cool

R.I.P. blastoiseboy

@abhicherath: Nope, not scratched completely. I don't have the skill for that. :p It's basically one big splice. Face and arms are from a reporter girl, hair is edited Rapidash flames, dress is something I had spliced previously so I just recolored it. The hoove leg is Ponyta's recolored. Colors were ripped from a whole bunch of places.

@ICC: I'm not sure quite what you mean by a golden-er shade. Do you have any examples or Pokemon in mind?

Um...actually, I have no idea. I'm half colorblind (can't see red) so I have no idea which one's golden and golden brown and orange and stuff. They all look the same to me ;_;
Sorry...help yourself....

Romeert, lift the left arm by maybe two pixels. It still looks a bit lopsided o_O
Gengar I realise you have a lot of fun unusual spriting styles, would love to see more!

im part colourblind too. cant see lighter shades of blue and green and keep mixing them up and getting confused lol. anyway im planning on making a new 2D platformer. I tried doing a 2D platformer with 3D style art objects, but it wasnt successful because
A.I suck at making gaming assets.
B.it failed.
So....fuck it im making a 2D ol' school platformer. Ill have a thread up soon.i have a basic idea of what to do though.

Ever seen a harpy before?
For my ideas for week 5, I had a couple. First I had the chimera, but I couldn't find a goat head to use for the side. I tried a manticore, but the head didn't fit on arcanine's body. Finally I made this. Any suggestions on what I should change or add on?

For my ideas for week 5, I had a couple. First I had the chimera, but I couldn't find a goat head to use for the side. I tried a manticore, but the head didn't fit on arcanine's body. Finally I made this. Any suggestions on what I should change or add on?
looks pretty good, as long as you like the colors. who's wings are those? ho oh's?

looks pretty good, as long as you like the colors. who's wings are those? ho oh's?
They're Articuno's. o-o

Hmmmmm. The concept / coloring you've got going on is really good, but the wings seem a bit out of place. ie, while the body is standing upright and straight, the wings are slanted a bit to the right. I can't think of another good pair of wings at the moment, but other than that, nice sprite MW.

Really? Cause the wings look normal to me. They are sprouting from the shoulders if you look closely enough. Anyways, anything else I should add on to it? To spice it up a little? I already have 4 pokemon used to make it, but it doesn't seem to be enough. Maybe two more?

He-Hello i would like to request a sprite with the following:

-Spiky Thorns that cover his torso
-Has to have sword
.ALL Black
-Humanoid
-It´s has to like a Dark/Electric pokemon kinda like Zekrom does

Thanks in advance also if you need moar descriptions tell me!

K, this is my (probable) entry for this week's WSC. Still needs some work but I wanna get some feedback, especially on how to make the left leg look less weird in terms of how it comes out of the skirt thing because I suck at making clothes look decent. Don't make me give him the soccer shorts of the gods! Also would like some opinions on the eye of horus in the bg, I don't know whether I want it to be just a flat colour or whatever.

i want to make my first request; a few 4th gen pokemon to have some previous gen sprites.

a couple that i think are signature to DPP,
- garchomp
- combee/vespiquen (either one, doesn't matter whatsoever)
- cranidos/rampardos (both if possible)
- uxie/mesprit/azelf
- and of course giratina

its kind of a long list, so you only have to do it in your spare time (i have no idea who i'm talking to, but whoever does this).

but if anyone is bored heres something to do.

K, this is my (probable) entry for this week's WSC. Still needs some work but I wanna get some feedback, especially on how to make the left leg look less weird in terms of how it comes out of the skirt thing because I suck at making clothes look decent. Don't make me give him the soccer shorts of the gods! Also would like some opinions on the eye of horus in the bg, I don't know whether I want it to be just a flat colour or whatever.

This is really great.

The left leg can be fixed by adding black underneath the leg (the inside of the skirt) and making a fold that dips the bottom edge of the skirt down. Another thing to look at is the back of the head. Something about that... bulge looks awkward.

The eye is an interesting background piece. Adding highlights of red or some other mystically color along the upper edges might help it stand out.

Alright, thanks for the C&C Tenodera. The bulge at the back of the head was supposed to be imitating the headdress-like thing he seems to wear, but I wasn't able to add stuff to make it more obvious without making the sprite too busy. I fixed that up to make it more like a regular bird's head, along with the leg, and decided to lower the opacity on the eye so it doesn't end up being the main focus (adding red made it too distracting, imo). Hopefully it's WSC ready! Here it is for people who haven't seen the WSC thread:

On a different note, I decided to do all those 'loon requests from the last page. The totodile/cyndaquil lines are really bloody difficult to pull off, I've only got the starters so far... but I think that was all that was asked for atm, anyway.

In retrospect, I still need to do some cleanup on spiritloon and jiraloon. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)