Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone ^^! i'm back to spriting.
i'm trying to come up with a dragon type pokemon that stares you right in the eyes, like a cat, except a dragon. i also want it to have big claws, because all dragon type pokemon around today have tiny claws (other than garchomp), so how the heck do they use dragon claw? so i'll post that here when its done.

but until then, heres scizor recolors. it bothers me how scizors DP sprite, (and RSE/FG sprite) is sooooo orange. when in the past 3 games its so dark.
so i had to do some recolors with it.

oh yeah, almost forgot. MLP sprite base in case anyone wants to use it.
give me credit though!

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Would someone be so kind as to make me a signature banner featuring Haxorus and Terrakion sporting some beautiful blue Choice Scarves? Make them look fast please!

Fighting/flying one looks so boss right now. I'm a little weirded out by the feathered pink lizards. Perhaps a red colour to go with their feathers? The horse look very nice and I like how you gave it first nations feathers. Mecha scorpion is mecha. I am a fan of the turbo jet lizard, and I think that the ice cream men are funny. Sorta remind me of wobufett. Over all, very nice work indeed.

You have a talent at making fakemons Doran! Keep it up!

lol i loved those descriptions XD

well the two lizards (Gila Monster and Komodo Dragon) are poison/ground and poison/dragon respectively. I didnt know how to show the dragon typing, so i just kinda added feathers XD

The horse is supposed to give a representation of the native americans, the headdress is the thing that gives it away, hopefully!

not mechanical scorpion, sorry, hella cool idea though. Also, i'd like to thank galvantula for the carbon copy legs XD

Thats actually an armadillo, but its also a remake of an older sprite of mine, an evo of Sandslash.

Ice cream men XD Nah, they're hermits, a missing link between the humans in pokemon and pokemon, and its actually got a spit trade evolution! The Blue one is a Eskimo and the one that isnt finished is a vagabond!

Lol, ok then. Well now, how to put this into words......

With the gila monster, I think it's tail needs to be fatter. If you look at real gila monsters, their tails are obsene. The komodo dragon can be improved by this: It's back legs need to become thicker and make it's snout more pushed in. Then they will look better. Maybe instead of the pink you can use a light faded shade of purple?

I personally think you should keep the sandslash evo as just a basic mon. It would be more boss that way. But if you want to keep your idea, then make it's silver armour on the legs and back brown to match with sandslash's. If it's a steel type (which I'm guessing it is) then keep the shine to it. And make the front claws bigger. And then you should have a perfect fakedex!

BTW that fire elk pokemon is probably one of the only fire type pokemon I like. They should make it in the 6th gen!

ok. when i was designing the poison lizards i didnt have any kind of referance other than the images in my head. I'll edit those guys up.

I was meaning that the armadillo was originally a Sandslash evo,
but I redesigned it and now I made it a two stage pokemon. if it were a one stage I couldnt have something that epic in the beginning of the game XD

Thanks about the elk, have you ever seen one? I was in elk county in Pennsylvania, and this thing was HUGE, so I mean I just had to make a pokemon out of it XD

I personally like the one that looks more like sandslash man. It mantains a sense of it's family genes, while being unique at the same time. Definitely go with the one on the left. Maybe have both of them in the fakedex? And while I do live in Canada, I don't live that far up north, so I've only seen pics of elk before D: But they are pretty cool looking.

canada is beautiful! I've been there a few times, and I wouldnt mind living there hahah.

perhaps...I can use the design of the first one to evolve into the second?

Wait! I've got it! If you trade a sandslash to someone, you get the mon on the far left which is all about attack. I mean, just look at that aggresive behavior! But if you trade sandslash to someone while it's holding a metal coat, it turns into the armoured steel lizard. I'm a genius!

I think I will hop in and mention that this is originally Scepticallistic's artwork.
Yeah, I just looked on Google for something to paint, sorry for not mentioning that. I can't really come up with anything original, so I just try to copy things in a different style. :/

EDIT: I'd also like to ask if it's any good in the first place, I don't do computer art much and that was one of my first attempts at it. :/

@Doran: Woah. Just woah. I am amazed and impressed. I am extremely fascinated with the mini humanoid thingamabobber. I feel like it could use some darker shades on the arms and the arms's outlines, though, they seem kind of pale and flat to me. And if you don't mind me asking, where did you get the template for the dex?

Holy crap Doran, I can't believe I missed your Fakedex and stuff. I especially enjoy the fire/flying line, lots of attitude in the eyes. Keep doing more!
I wonder though if you're going for an original Fakedex or you want to follow traditional patterns? If it's traditional, then the Grass starter has to be a reptile, and the Fire starter's final form has to be bipedal.

The Aggron is good as anything, only nitpick would be that the hole on the side of its head isn't very round. Try messing around with the pixels or something?

im kinda going original, but im following gen 1's style, at least i did in the first 20 pokemon.

...you are right, aggron needs a rounder hole. I also hate that arm, the scrawny one!

Just a simple request because I would like to see it:

Can someone make a Zekrom, Resharam, and Kyreum spirit in the Gen 1 style?

If no one feels like it, then I have no regrets and will not hang you from a post in the center of the village >_>

Objection has been making his ASB Pokemon look like their respective Disney Characters
I can confirm this. Here are my completed works so far:

From left to right: Honchkrow as Dr. Facilier, Medicham as Judge Frollo, Jellicent as Ursula, Gliscor as Jafar and Charizard as Hades.

But that's not the main reason why I am here. I am in need of another sprite for another ASB-related thing, but this is one that, try as I might, I cannot seem to get right. The sprite I require is an in-battle trainer sprite for a Roman emperor. Many thanks in advance.

EDIT @ below: I should've mentioned this before, but the pokemon are designed to look like the Disney villains that they are named after.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just a simple request

Can someone make a Zekrom, Resharam, and Kyreum spirit in the Gen 1 style?
First of all: It's not a simple request. There's no denying that plenty of those sprites were distorted and goofy compared to the original art, but making one still requires effort.

Secondly: 4chan made a huge project of making gen I sprites for all species, and here's the end result. Your requested pokes are on the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)