Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha, thanks! The Ledywott (as I called it) was my first, I think. I can't believe I forgot to post my favorite one, though. The Cursoxys! It's Ursaring, Carnivine, Deoxys, and Bronzong.
That's a creative mix of Pokémon, I like it alot!

Here is my evolution of Seeduck, no name for it yet though.

I finally did something I've been dying to do since I saw the 5th gen Pokemon for the first time: recolor Druddigon. The original design is too bright and ridiculous-looking, like some kind of Lego-made creature.

So, I gave it a makeover:

What programs do you guys use for spriting? I always used MS Paint on my Windows XP computers but the new Paint on Windows 7 is total shit comparatively and I really can't sprite on it. How fix

What programs do you guys use for spriting? I always used MS Paint on my Windows XP computers but the new Paint on Windows 7 is total shit comparatively and I really can't sprite on it. How fix
I use MS Paint too really, I don't think there is any more that are better than it, so the standard atm is probably the best you'll get /:

[EDIT] thanks raikou, i'll check it out c:

The new MS Paint has all the same features but a different feel, so it can take a while to ye used to. I don't have experience with many other programs but I've heard of one called GraphicsGale that seems good

The new MS Paint has all the same features but a different feel, so it can take a while to ye used to. I don't have experience with many other programs but I've heard of one called GraphicsGale that seems good
I've grown a custom to the new MS Paint. Loved the old MS Paint since I grew up with it.

Update: Seeduck remake.

If you hate Paint on the Windows 7 that much, you could download Paint XP, which is what I did when I (briefly) owned a Windows 7. Otherwise, I've heard GraphicsGale was good too, But I haven't tried it.

Some of my retypes I did:

Grass/Dragon Scraggy and Scrafty

Grass/Water Houndour and Houndoom

Grass/Poison Deino, Zweilous and Hydreigon

Hope you like them! ^^

EDIT: Retyped Skarmory in Ghost/Fire

Haha bluehoundoom those are great! My favourite is the grass poison hydreigon line, deino is even cuter (if that were possible)
The only thing I could say is that the positioning of scrafty's eye seems a bit too high for me
But overall great job :)

Here are some of my sprites that I have made in Minecraft. If you like them, please go to the first link in my signature and give me a diamond. Thanks!

All right, I finally completed a scratched sprite. I've always tried but failed miserably but I think this one went ok since it was small. I made a FakeDex over a year ago with stats / abilities / movesets but never could make art for them, but now I think I might be able to. Here's the first (I picked this one because it was easy).

Pulsat (evolves to Pulshrew and then into Pulsarush)

Stats:
55 / 50 / 60 / 51 / 65 / 75

As it evolves it loses weight and begins to focus more on offense, with final stats of:
80 / 95 / 60 / 96 / 80 / 110

Its ability is Extermination, which causes Toxic poisoning to whichever Pokemon fainted it (unless it's a Steel type, obviously).

Most notably it gets Swords Dance (since no other Electric types do) along with the standard Electric fare and a few flavor moves like Sludge Bomb, Gunk Shot, Leaf Blade, Acrobatics, Air Slash, Grass Knot, and the elemental fangs.

But anyway, what do you think of the sprite? Any tips for better outlining (I had the most trouble with that)?

EDIT:

I've completed the first stage evolution as well, but am having immense problems with the tail. Please any suggestions would be great as I can't seem to get it right at all. Thanks!

SECOND EDIT:

I did I revised version of the previous sprite. I added a second tail and removed the lines, which really seemed to help with the curves I needed. I hope someone at least gives an opinion. This thread seems kinda dead and I'd really like some scratching advice!

Here are some sprites not good with names :)
1st one is Bug/Dragon my favorite is dracoon.

Evolution for Donphan

Grass/Fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)