Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Professor Shroomish, how about coming up with your own shiny colours rather than using them from the game? I think for some pokemon DW art also did the shiny version. Just a thought!

I really appreciate what some of you have suggested, so I've decided to do the following to my sprite / stat spread (for Pulsarush):

1) I'm going to add yellow-orange whiskers. It'll add another color component and will make it look more shrew-like as well as giving me a chance to add some kind of lightning design.

2) The new stat spread is 80 / 100 / 79 / 101 / 70 / 110, putting it at 540 BST - the same as Gyarados, Blissey, Magmortar, Kingdra, Milotic, and Snorlax. It'll still be able to do damage with SD or with a non-boosting Special set, I think.

3) Most importantly, the new typing is Electric/Ghost. I will recolor the purple to have a greyish tint but best of all I won't have to change the tendril-like tail in the final evolution. Also Electric/Ghost fits with what Pulsarush is since one of its abilities is Exterminated. It's the spirit of an exterminated shrew! This also allows me to keep Poison Heal as one of its abilities. The only thing now is I'll have to add some Ghost-type moves. Probably just Shadow Claw, Shadow Ball and Destiny Bond will be enough.

I'll make the design changes at some point but for that sake of my sanity I'm taking a break from my rodents to focus on one of my starters: Squik.

It's in major rough-draft mode right now, but I'm experimenting with eyes at the moment.

Squik is a pure water type whose DW ability is Quick Feet. It'll eventually evolve into the Water/Psychic Hesychuid [hesychuis (Greek for 'calm one' and often refers to monks or saints) + squid].

Hesychuid's stats (tentative):
80/120/70/90/80/95

It's powerful enough to hurt something with Meditate but not fast enough to do too much damage unless you utilize Quick Feet + Toxic Orb in which case your sweep will be short.

Some notable moves:
Meditate, Calm Mind, Agility, Recover, Wish, Waterfall, Zen Headbutt, Head Smash, Brick Break, Ice Punch, Sucker Punch, Aqua Jet, Surf, Scald, Psychic, Psyshock, Focus Blast, Ice Beam, Energy Ball, Giga Drain, Disable, Confuse Ray, Hypnosis

Some other moves:
Poison Jab, Sludge Bomb, Energy Ball, Amnesia, Facade, Slash*, Psycho Cut*, Night Slash*, Air Slash*

*The final evolution will have some form of stick for slashing moves.

Nice! a squid pokemon starter is cool, and I like the concept of quick feet on this guy.

Now, I know I already stated about colour's before, but here me out just this once. Jellicent and Tentacruel, two tentacled beings, seem to have blue's very similar to that colour. Maybe go for a more purply darker blue, you know, to go with the psychic part as well.

I would also suggest changing the eyes a bit, maybe making them smaller, or them having no pupils at all, to give it a bit of a tougher look.

Those are just my suggestions though. I hope that I can help you!

Thanks! I actually had it originally as more purple-y but was afraid you guys would say it looked too Psychic even as a pure-Water type, so I can easily change it back. The eyes are just experimenting now. I wanted it to look uncertain and then finally evolve into some kind of ass-kicking monk squid, whatever that means. I'll keep experimenting, but what you say definitely helps!

EDIT:

All right, I redid the Pulsarush. (remember it's Electric/Ghost now)

I greyed the purple to make it more of a Ghost-type color and I added scars on the front meant to emulate the scars one gets when struck by lightning. Thought that probably would fit with both types, actually. I'm still working on making the scars look better (and possibly red/orange/pink) but for now this is what I got.

EDIT 2:

I have some kind of spriting addiction problem, I think. That's what happens when you only work 5-6 hours a day, I guess.

Here's Ellit, the Fire-type starter:

Taking a break from the almost-traditional Fire/Fighting final evolution, this evolves into a bejeweled Fire/Steel-type Indian Elephant with a DW ability of Intimidate.

Elliit -> Flarella -> Eleflint

Eleflint
Type: Fire/Steel
Stats: 100 / 60 / 120 / 90 / 115 / 45
Ability: Blaze
Hidden Ability: Intimidate

Notable Moves:
Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Flash Cannon, Earth Power, Psychic, Psyshock, Focus Blast, Cosmic Power, Nasty Plot, Torment, Taunt, Will-o-wisp, Slack Off

Other Moves:
Iron Defense, Eruption, Heat Wave

alkinesthetase

<@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
i'm in a really smogon-y mood today, so if any artists would care to take a request, i'd really appreciate it! i'm looking for an avatar of a cacturne dressed in the outfit of the stereotypical final fantasy black mage. something along the lines of a cacturne in a blue robe with the usual yellow hat on, but i'm no artist so it's really open to interpretation.

i've been arguing a lot for cacturne lately in OU threads, so i figured i should look the part! and sorry if this is in the wrong place, i suck at art so normally i just lurk here.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi SS~
I recently put up a thread that had been an ongoing project for awhile, and it would be really awesome to have some art for it. this is my first request in SS and i am not quite sure of how to even go about this, please forgive me.
I would like an artist who's willing to help to PM me (as well as take a look at the thread and see whats it really about). I have some ideas, but you wont be limited to my ideas. we can talk more about it through PM or on IRC.

thank you very much ^_^.

Here is the thread for reference: The Healthy Lifestyle Thread

I did a Purugly sprite for RitterCat:

Also I want some opinions on a new sprite for a Fakemon.

This is Habbug [etymology: habitat bug]

Its evolution, Tribbug [etymology: tribal/triple bug], is based on where it levels up. If it reaches its evolution level in grass/building, it evolves into a Bug/Flying Pokemon; if in a cave/desert, a Bug/Ground Pokemon; and if in the water/snow or while fishing, a Bug/Water Pokemon.

In the case for Tribbug-Ground, the front segment of Habbug sprouts a drill; for Tribbug-Flying, the middle segment sprouts wings; and for Tribbug-Water, the back segment sprouts a tadpole-like tail.

Tribbug
Ability: Habitation (secondary type receives 2x STAB)
Hidden Ability: Swarm
Notable moves (for all formes): X-Scissor, U-turn, Leaf Blade, Bug Buzz, Giga Drain, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Agility

Tribbug-G
Stats: 60 / 90 / 60 / 50 / 90 / 100
Notable moves: Earthquake, Rock Slide, Megahorn, Spikes, Swords Dance

Tribbug-F
Stats: 60 / 100 / 60 / 90 / 50 / 90
Notable moves: Acrobatics, Crunch, Pursuit, Hurricane, Air Slash, Energy Ball, Dark Pulse, Quiver Dance

Tribbug-W
Stats: 60 / 50 / 60 / 100 / 90 / 90
Notable moves: Hydro Pump, Surf, Ice Beam, Psychic, Psyshock, Calm Mind

The sprites for the evolution will be up soon. Please give some advice on how I should fix Habbug. Right now it looks weird to me but I don't know why.

I got bored and photoshopped took a screenshot of a battle between Keldeo and Pulsat! (If you know Japanese please pretend that コダック means Pulsat).

@laughingjynxavatar: For Habbug,, its it based on a real insect like wormadam and mothim based on the bagworm, or is it just a concept derived from the line? I would like it more if it had an actual insect it was designed after that did the same kind of thing.

Yeah, I kinda just did "generic bug" for it since its evolutions are so different. No bug really has a "forme" with a drill at the front on one, wings on another, and a swimming tail on the other, so I kinda just went for "bug with tribal mask." Could be a worm. Who knows? If you can think of some kind of bug that would go well with it I'd redesign it happily, but I haven't been able to find one I like. (Note that I already have scorpionfly and grylloblattid Pokes in my fakedex, so it'd need to be something else).

EDIT:
I was just doing some more research and found that earwigs undergo metamorphosis as well and have wings (for Tribbug-F), burrow (for Tribbug-G), and, according to Wikipedia, can be found in Canadian wetlands (Tribbug-W)! So basically it fits what I need so I'll be redesigning the critter soon. Thanks for the suggestion :)

Hello, I was working at a private project and, for it, I'd need something quite peculiar but not really hard to do (I guess) for a skilled artist: a GSC-style sprite of the Final Fantasy summon, Carbuncle:

In the hide tags below I put some artwork for those of you who would help but don't know who Carbuncle is:

I hope I'm not asking anything unreasonable, and I will definitely give credit for this if I ever give my final product to others^^

I'd like to make a relatively simple request:

Would it be possible to have a simple recolor done on this orb to make it a dull purple instead of orange? It would be much appreciated.

Thought I'd post my two fusions from the WSC here, I think they turned out well

I'm really looking for feedback as I want to make my sprites as good as possible! Also any other fusions you guys think I should try?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)