Smeargle's Studio's Eighth Annual Secret Santa!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's that time of the year again! We're a bit late with starting things up but we can't go on without our usual dose of Christmas spirit.

Drawing deadline: December 22nd
Participating:
So, most of you should be aware of the concept of Secret Santa, an anonymous gift giving; in our case though the gifts are all replaced with images, so consider it a big, anonymous art trade! If you'd like to join in, make sure to send me a private message on smogon writing what you'd like somebody to draw for you. You can feel free to drop a post in this thread letting others know that you will be participating, but do keep in mind that sending me the PM is a must. Sending in a request also means that you'll be drawing someone else's request as well, so please don't sign up if you don't think you'll be able to actually finish the drawing, because you're making things less enjoyable for others as well as making things more difficult for me and helper elves. Don't do that. Anyways, once we reach the sign up deadline you'll get a PM from me containing the request you'll need to draw, which once it's completed you need to send back to me. Simple as that!

General Rules:
  • The request should be Pokemon-related - This is still a pokemon forum, so with that in mind crossovers are allowed as long as it's not too obscure.
  • No insane requests - You wouldn't want to be tortured by a mad request either, so don't do this to others. Keep it manageable.
  • The request/finished drawing must be sent via forum PM to me, Tikitik - Letting me know on Discord won't do the trick, since I'll probably forget about it.
  • Do NOT tell anybody what request you got, or what request you sent - That's the whole point of Secret Santa after all!
  • Do not request anything questionable - Nothing explicitly sexual or violent. Those who attempt to slide past this rule will be banned from participating!
  • You may change your request at any time, until sign ups deadline - So you don't have to tear your hair out thinking of something. Once the deadline for sign ups has transpired, however, it's too late for any changes!
  • Get your drawing done - As I already pointed out, don't join if you can't actually finish your drawing in time. Someone is trying hard to finish up the the drawing you requested, so try to respect their effort as well as the person whose request you received.
  • Digital and Traditional Art is allowed - In case you were wondering, traditional artwork is just fine as well!

If you're interested in being awesome by helping with covering for the flakes (the ones who don't get their images done), feel free to shoot me a PM.

Oh and don't hesitate to join if you don't think you're good or skilled enough to draw something. The effort is what matters the most, and we're not all art gods in the end. Just have fun and good luck!

Last edited:

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I missed out on last year's edition of the Annual Secret Santa, but I welcome the opportunity to be able to sign up this year!

Hey guys! I'll be gathering up the PMs that were sent to me so far tomorrow, so in case you were still thinking about what to ask for or just forgot about this, make sure to get your request in asap!

I'm seeing some people who posted about joining in the thread who haven't sent me anything yet, so I'll be tagging them as a reminder: Hulavuta Mova Pent

All the requests have been sent out! In case you need any additional information about something or if you have any questions, feel free to let me know through the same pm (In case you're worried about the request you have being a bit too complex for you, lmk about it as well). The deadline for finishing up your drawings is the end of december 20!

Big thanks to everyone participating, have fun!

Hello! I see that the due date was the end of yesterday, so will the Secret Santa results be posted next Monday or before that?

Hello! I see that the due date was the end of yesterday, so will the Secret Santa results be posted next Monday or before that?
I've extended the date to Dec 22nd since some have asked for it (must've missed posting it here, sorry!) and it'll hopefully give time to the people that i haven't got a reply from at all yet to not end up as flakes. I'll start posting results the next day after the deadline!

On that note, if anyone is interested in helping out with covering for the flakes, feel free to let me know! It'll take a few days to post the already completed requests so if you're available during that time don't hesitate to throw me a pm on somgon or over at discord.

LifeisDANK

Bird Enthusiast
is a Top Artistis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
I've extended the date to Dec 22nd since some have asked for it (must've missed posting it here, sorry!) and it'll hopefully give time to the people that i haven't got a reply from at all yet to not end up as flakes. I'll start posting results the next day after the deadline!

On that note, if anyone is interested in helping out with covering for the flakes, feel free to let me know! It'll take a few days to post the already completed requests so if you're available during that time don't hesitate to throw me a pm on somgon or over at discord.
I'm down to save flakes

tikiedit: great, thanks! they're still getting those lovely butt avatars either way though

DAY ONE

Here we go! As always, I'll be posting the results over the next couple of days until i run out of gifts. There's definitely lots of cool art to see this year so make sure to check back each day for more!

TO: HotFuzzBall

My favorite mon is Vanilluxe and I would like it to be surrounded by ice cream

TO: Most

Kakuna and UB-Assembly having a picnic.

TO: Mova

Would a Pajantom from CAP be acceptable? If not, I'll take a Mimikyu with an alternate disguise. Either one will work, but I'd prefer the Pajantom if it's allowed.

That's it for today. Next round of gifts comes tomorrow!

Oi, that Pajantom looks fucking awesome! I really like the shading on the nightmare and how it's carrying the smol kid. The ice cream mons look amazing too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)