1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Smogon Awards 2006: Revenge of the Nerds

Discussion in 'Smogon's Greatest Hits' started by DM, May 14, 2006.

1. Sanders

Sanders
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

yeah fuck i've been at #smogon for a year and been posting for a year and two months

and steelicks new is just lol
  2. Mr.E

Mr.E im the best
    is a Pre-Contributoris a Past SPL Winner

you guys suck okay
  3. Sanders

Sanders

yeah seriously where is mre in most annoying
  4. Warthog

Warthog
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Wasnt I the coolest noob last time or something? -____-

Nobody said anything bout it then.. heh.
  5. latinoheat

latinoheat
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Yeah they did nothing was done about it thats all
  6. jpchato

jpchato

Awesome, I got nominated. Since when am I a noob though? =( I've been here over a year.
  7. DM

DM Ce soir, on va danser.
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnus

Jesus triple-jumping christ, I come back a day later and there are two new pages filled of fecal matter cleverly disguised as words.

Did everyone notice I posted two whole paragraphs right above the list of nominees, or did everyone just go "LIST" and completely skip over them? If you read them you'll see this:

I can't stress how close these were. But if it comes down to the fifth spot in a category, and one guys has 4 nominations and another has 3... GUESS WHAT? The guy with 3 isn't making it in. And that happened A LOT. So wipe the sand out of your vaginas guys.

Secondly... I understand that I'm relatively new, and I'm probably not the best person to be running this. Some of you people know each other going on 4-5 years for fuck's sake. I'm just celebrating my 1-year anniversary on the boards, and I have not been on NB for more then 5 consecutive minutes. I'm doing the best with the knowledge I have with the community, so lighten the fuck up on me.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, you in the community are the ones who made these nominations, I have had and will have absolutely no input in this, so you can guess where you should redirect your admonitions.

I appreciate chaos and a couple other people giving me some useful, constructive criticism, and the changes have been duly noted and I will edit those out of the nominations list. But in the case of jpchato as Best Noob Poster, I stand by it, because although his member number is very low he just started posting regularly, like, 4-5 months ago. Up until that he had about 30 or so posts, if I recall right. So it's kinda like he's a new poster, see?

And no, latinoheat, I'm not new to the boards, but I didn't go to #Smogon until late March, same with Anomalous and Aeolus.

So, I am going to edit the list of nominees. This will cause the list of nominees to change, because I want to keep 5 in each category if possible, so taking some names out might bump new ones in. I will respond to all vote PMs I've gotten so far and ask people to revote if they would like to.
  8. latinoheat

latinoheat

What is the smogon newcomer actually based on then,because last time i looked these are the smogon forums and are therfore assoicated with smogon.
    Also Aeolus and Anamolous are also in nbattle newcomer when they have already said they have been here over a year.

I don't mean to sound like a cunt but i just think something is fucked up if people who have been here a year plus and in most cases even admitted it, are getting nominated into newcomer catogories.
  9. jpchato

jpchato

DM is right, I only started posting a lot during november. I used to have dial-up and I didn't get that much computer time.

Also, that sand in the vagina comment reminded me of that south park episode where family guy makes fun of mohammed.
  10. Neutral777

Neutral777

Thank god I'm not in most annoying..

i was worried
  11. chaos

chaos
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
    Owner

latinoheat you don't even post here, why on earth would you care except to start an argument. don't post in this thread again, i'm tired of you. time has nothing to do with being a noob or not; it's how much of a name you have made for yourself. even though you have a low member number here, i for the life of me can't recognize who you are and therefore you would still be considered a noob.

thanks but no thanks for your valuable input
  12. latinoheat

latinoheat

So basically these awards are nothing more then a popularity contest Also despite the numerous people who have also pointed out that half of them are not newcomers, even the people themself, im the only one you bitch about what the fuck is that. Also just because i haven't posted alot in my 3 years on netbattle does not mean i am a noob.
  13. DM

It does if it concerns posting on these boards. Until you posted in this thread, I didn't even know you existed. So settle down.

The categories are:
    Best Netbattle Newcomer
    Best #Smogon Newcomer
    Best Noob Poster

NONE of those have anything to do with member number. They deal with how long you've been participating regularly in each case.

I'm done arguing about useless things, just keep voting.
  14. latinoheat

latinoheat

So even if the person has battled and regulary been on the server for a year he is still a newcomer wow.

Anyway theres no point bitching about its not like its the first time a non newcomer won the award.
  15. Sanders

Sanders

it says #smogon newcomer- therefore a newcomer to the smogon irc channel!

aeolus and anamalous are in there because people suck at nominating

because you are the only one being a fucking cunt about it, and not really giving any constructive criticism!

i feel like ranting but i am too lazy for that, just go argue with yourself in the mirror for me
  16. Explodus

Explodus

Latino why do you even care lol. it wont effect you either way >_>
  17. Neutral777

Neutral777

Jesus told him to make a shit in this topic.

Satan has laughed as he never gave him the toilet paper.
  18. chaos

chaos
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
    Owner

Didn't I just say to stop posting in this thread? You are doing nothing but starting fights and derailing the thread. Quit it. I'm serious - don't even reply to this post. Stay out of this topic or you will regret it.
  19. Roy

Roy sux
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

honestly guys this thread isn't meant to hurt any of your feelings, it's just a fun contest
  20. Glen

Glen
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

i am honored to be nominated even once
  21. Aeroblacktyl

Aeroblacktyl The pizza doesn't scream in the oven! LOL!
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

Hey, if it's not trouble, after all has been done, like winners and all, could we see like a list of everyones who's been nominated and who nominated them, if it's not any trouble, but I just thought that'd be interesting.
  22. choop

choop

Agreed, or at least everyone who got a vote.
  23. Justin8649

Justin8649
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

GM must really be cool
  24. DM

Fuck. I thought that... actually, I don't know what I thought, other than "I AM A RETARD".

Yeah, but the way I had it planned was so that people could PM me and ask me what they had been nominated for, if anything. I don't think it would be prudent to post the entire list.
  25. Yuri

Yuri

Agreeing with MoP though I think the nominator should be asked if he wants to have his name revealed.

Also, Curby was nominated again. This makes me wonder what happened to him.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)