Smogon Chess Tournament - connoisseur wins!

ya so im pretty sure my opponent is not gonna get this done on time. I have PMed him more than once and ETE has as well. So i get a win right?? (i would beat him anyways ;) )

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
ok, Zangetsu and I are PMing notation, so that unfortunately may take a while. Also, after this round, I'm going to be busy with school stuff, so I'll drop out after this round.

Since a lot of people are dropping out and there are still tons of players who haven't completed their games, there will be a change in format for the last few rounds.

i haven't discussed it with eric yet, but at this point it's looking like

anybody without at least two points by the end of this round will not move on to the next round.

i know this contradicts what i said at the beginning but i wasn't expecting so many dropouts / incomplete games. T_T

try to complete your games ASAP. even if you currently have less than one point (ie. you can't meet the requirement in time) try to get it done anyway, as the requirement might be lowered after i talk to ete.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Judging who moves on by activity (irc activity, posts here, PMs, and matches competed) would be better than raw points, some people have tried hard to contact their opponents and just ended up with people who don't reply.

I think it is unfair to those of us who are subbing in to take the points of the person we subbed for. It is all pure luck, and has no representation on our activity. I propose you give the points for a bye (0.5) for each round the subbed in player missed. This will at least give them an opportunity to not be dropped.

A 2 point requirement is kind of unreasonable after 3 rounds. That would auto-eliminate two thirds of the players right then and there, which is not how a chess tournament is supposed to work at all. It also sucks to be subbing in under this requirement.

Disqualifying inactive/nonresponsive players would definitely be the preferred method.

Yeah, we've got it sorted out now. we decided to favour activity over performance so instead the requirement is most likely going to be simply to have completed two of the three games so far.

I would like to let you know my opponent, Engineer Pikachu, has dropped out. May I sub in for him? I would have completed the match if he didn't insist on doing PM notation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)