Playoffs Smogon Classic - Playoffs - FINALS [Won by Ojama]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your tone sounds rather pointed, bab. I haven't made the tour's playoffs because I still don't have time to play it. I've withdrew from a tour so many times, I've seriously lost track. Don't hate, okay? I thought New Zealand guys were known for their friendliness and overall minuscule penises?

Just ask user SoulWind. At one point in round 3 or something of a tour, I used a BW UU team vs him and I WAS WINNING, yet I gave him the win because I had to leave.

teal6

is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Maybe I'm just not at the proper level to be considering it just yet, but from my viewpoint every single one of the official tournaments is incredibly difficult to win and deserves a high degree of recognition for doing so. I've played other competitive games in my past and have been very, very good at those but the Smogon/Mons community takes it to a bizzarely different level with the amount of good play. Or maybe I'm wrong, and just bad.

But either way, considering we all share a competitive hobby, I think we could stand to acknowledge the specific achievements garnered by one another in these tournaments, because lets face it, nobody is bragging IRL about winning an online Pokemon tournament lol.

Alastor Law

The Black Parade
is a Past SPL Champion

Time to bump this since WQ is being retarded (yet again) in a tourney he's not even in. I wonder when the tour mods will take action banning trashtalkers like him that only contribute in flaming and dirtying threads like this one. It's a pity, for serious now.

Ontopic: McM to win it all, though I would also like a veteran like Heist to take this one too. GL to both!

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Maybe I'm just not at the proper level to be considering it just yet, but from my viewpoint every single one of the official tournaments is incredibly difficult to win and deserves a high degree of recognition for doing so. I've played other competitive games in my past and have been very, very good at those but the Smogon/Mons community takes it to a bizzarely different level with the amount of good play. Or maybe I'm wrong, and just bad.

But either way, considering we all share a competitive hobby, I think we could stand to acknowledge the specific achievements garnered by one another in these tournaments, because lets face it, nobody is bragging IRL about winning an online Pokemon tournament lol.
The debate has been quite intelligent, if you ask me. Okay I'll concede that it's 'challenging' to win this 5 tournaments bo3. Still, OST is 10x more prestigious than this tournament and no one can deny that fact. I've laid out all the reasons in the past 10 posts or so, so won't bother posting them again.

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
The debate has been quite intelligent, if you ask me. Okay I'll concede that it's 'challenging' to win this 5 tournaments bo3. Still, OST is 10x more prestigious than this tournament and no one can deny that fact. I've laid out all the reasons in the past 10 posts or so, so won't bother posting them again.
why do you have challenging in quotation marks but then follow it up with a sentence that's just taking away the focus of this tour and is just plain incorrect, with the intention to only draw more attention to yourself? Wasn't derailing this thread enough?

On topic:
babidi1998 vs papai noel
Ojama vs McMeghan

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion
"Don't hate"
*proceeds to hate on every tournament and player he feels like hating*

Glad to see I'm not the only one who's sick of his bullshit.

On topic, bab vs mcm for finals, will probably be decided by rby luck

Not sure how anyone could say Classic is not on the level of the other official tournies. The Top 8 in this is the strongest Top 8 I've ever seen for any tournament. I've enjoyed following this tournament more than anything else for the past few years.

Go Heist.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Because you are just not talking about the same thing.

OST, ST and WCOP/SPL in an extend are prestigious because of the history, they are the "old official tournaments", they have been won by legendary players (sometime twice even for ST), where Classics, OLT and Grand Slam are the new tournaments, so they "only" get their difficulty to be prestigious.

If you talk about the needed skills, then ST, OLT, GSlam and Classics are more prestigious, because those Tournaments force you to win on a more regular basis (or force you to invest more time if you want, when people invest more time they get better anyway).

That is why ST is my favourite one, it is the only one that have both. But that becomes pretty subjective so I'll stop here.

I think you should give matchas so we have something else to discuss

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
The most interesting thing about this tournament has been its prestige discussion of the last three pages. Everyone agrees with his own opinions, so let's just stop at that. No need to run around in circles.

Good luck, bab. You need this trophy more than anyone.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
atticus? gouki? rey?
Bloo?

My apologies for overlooking your post, pana. There's a reason why the Frontier got eliminated. In addition to the "Brain's fatigue," I think we can all agree that not every Brain has integrity. Honest players like you and I are rare.

"Don't hate"
*proceeds to hate on every tournament and player he feels like hating*

Glad to see I'm not the only one who's sick of his bullshit.

On topic, bab vs mcm for finals, will probably be decided by rby luck
I think people are sick of your bullshit. Stop using my recognition and fame to make a name for yourself. I do understand that you're not a successful enough player yet to become known on here based on your Pokemon talents, but there's really no need to come after me at every chance to increase your visibility in this community. It's both very sad and pathetic. Get good and make a name for yourself that way instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)