Smogon Community VGC YouTube Channel: Who's up for it?

Do you want a Smogon VGC YouTube Channel?

• No

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 69 90.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Kuzan

formerly MavsObbession
Great, just wanted to make sure that people are working towards it. Much thanks to Firestorm, Dozz, Evan, Cybertron, BiffsterPKMN, and others for their support.

I forgot to mention this. If we start this YouTube channel/ project, we can't slow down. What I mean is, during the lead up to Nats and Worlds, there will be a lot of footage, events to cover, etc. After Worlds, there aren't any events for a little while so we need to find something to fill that gap. Also, we can't slack off and not provide any shows or etc. before the "season" ends and after. I just wanted to mention that because I forgot to earlier.

Admiral Kuzan

formerly MavsObbession
I forgot to mention this. If we start this YouTube channel/ project, we can't slow down. What I mean is, during the lead up to Nats and Worlds, there will be a lot of footage, events to cover, etc. After Worlds, there aren't any events for a little while so we need to find something to fill that gap. Also, we can't slack off and not provide any shows or etc. before the "season" ends and after. I just wanted to mention that because I forgot to earlier.
Yes, that's true. What we can do is upload practice VGC vids for the VGC 2012-2013 season. Like you said, we can't slack off after this season ends. We have to consistenly upload shows, interviews, battles, etc. on YouTube. Otherwise, our subscribers and viewers will lose interest in our channel, due to the lack of new videos for their entertainment.

I agree, we need to have uploads frequently, it'll be good if we can get the entire community into it even if someone else records their matches and they commentate it or something of the sort. There is no room to slow down esp the lead up to Nats and Worlds. I'll be doing some for sure, esp once my college is done, because it'll be just work for me and then nights lol. I'm pretty pumped about this idea.

We could try putting up some practice matches after Worlds to fill the gap, and also possibly get some interviews from community members who could share their opinions on the season (like film them at Worlds while talking about it, with their consent of course.)

Admiral Kuzan

formerly MavsObbession
We could try putting up some practice matches after Worlds to fill the gap, and also possibly get some interviews from community members who could share their opinions on the season (like film them at Worlds while talking about it, with their consent of course.)
Exactly! There's not that much VGC action after Worlds; we're going to change all that! I'm really enthusiastic about this idea, we have a lot of great members here!

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
There's less time between Worlds and Fall Regionals as there between Fall Regionals and Spring Reionals @_@

Admiral Kuzan

formerly MavsObbession
There's less time between Worlds and Fall Regionals as there between Fall Regionals and Spring Reionals @_@
XD Yeah, that's true, but technically it's still during the VGC season. People are still pumped, whereas after Worlds it kinda dies down. That's why we're going to change all that, with the help of all fellow VGC Smogonites!

Maybe Smogon should grab random videos from its users (randomly for say Battle of the Week VGC Style) and team raters can give analyses

Dimsun

VGC 2012 Seniors Champion
Honestly, in the downtime between fall and spring regs, doesn't it make sense to post regular battle videos and battle videos with commentary? Maybe a few podcasts? The channel should be reserved for live stuff almost all the time during regionals nats and worlds though.

Honestly, in the downtime between fall and spring regs, doesn't it make sense to post regular battle videos and battle videos with commentary? Maybe a few podcasts? The channel should be reserved for live stuff almost all the time during regionals nats and worlds though.
I second the podcast idea, I think it would be great to have live podcasts, for example, say after fall regionals there could be a podcast that all the regional winners from smogon participate in, one for spring, etc.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
We already have the QuackCast covering VGC topics though, so I don't see why you'd want another one to cover the same stuff.

Dimsun

VGC 2012 Seniors Champion
We already have the QuackCast covering VGC topics though, so I don't see why you'd want another one to cover the same stuff.
Well of course. The issue with the Quackcast that I have personally(just an opinion, of course) is that they rarely stay on topic and just talk about other stuff besides Pokemon. Perhaps a more focused cast, or, as V17 put it, a "Champion Cast" would be more well-suited to a post-regionals situation?

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well of course. The issue with the Quackcast that I have personally(just an opinion, of course) is that they rarely stay on topic and just talk about other stuff besides Pokemon. Perhaps a more focused cast, or, as V17 put it, a "Champion Cast" would be more well-suited to a post-regionals situation?
We won't be doing another podcast and especially not one with 8 people on it. Feedback on the Quackcast can be given in the thread for it. As for the channel itself, I gave Cybertron some instructions and I think he'll be posting soon with how you can help with battle videos.

Well, I think the point here is to have someone who manages the channel and a comitee of people who search, produce & edit videos. I can provide content or even managing the channel if you need someone. If you want I have people who can design every part of the youtube channel.

My YT channel is www.youtube.com/user/flash0mc right now I'm working on ~15 vgc 2012 videos.

Trust me, 50 minutes of pure VGC discussion is not fun. Going off topic brings a much more lighthearted discussion, which captures the community at its finest IMO. Also, a champion cast would just lead to even more blown up egos to some. Let's keep that at a minimum in this community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)