1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Smogon Council I - Salamence

Discussion in 'Stark Mountain' started by Aeolus, Jun 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shrang

shrang Defend the Headquarters of Revolution
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Ok since I have nothing better to do...

[​IMG]

• Primary Shoddy Account Username: shrang
    • Standard Ladder Rating: 1557 (CRE 1368) - Got up to around 1450 about two weeks ago, and haven't played much since
    • Standard Ladder Deviation: 47
    • Suspect Ladder Rating: 1602 (CRE 1285)
    • Suspect Ladder Deviation: 79 - Haven't played that much on here because frankly, I hated the Suspect Ladder
    • Tournament Presence: None
    • Optional short paragraph:
    While I'm nowhere near a "fantastic player", I have been quite active in the Suspect test process since Stage 3-2, voting in every stage apart from 3-5 (Because I voted in Stage 3-3 and 3-4). I've also voted in the latest UU Suspect Test, so I know what happens to metagames when we ban Pokemon or not, and have a good idea what Pokemon are considered broken and what are not. While I am quite an average player (probably slightly above average), I make up for this for by pro-actively arguing on the forums, getting my point across and correcting misconceptions others may have. I think I'm probably one of the most active debaters on the "Salamence Council" thread. I have used Salamence and played against it. Whatever the outcome, picked for the Council or not, I am grateful for the staff at Smogon to have given me this opportunity to voice my opinion.
  2. Aeroblacktyl

Aeroblacktyl The pizza doesn't scream in the oven! LOL!
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

• Primary Shoddy Account Username: Jumpman has these.
    • Standard Ladder Rating: 1676.5
    • Standard Ladder Deviation: 37.5
    • Suspect Ladder Rating: 1738
    • Suspect Ladder Deviation: 54
    • Screenshot: N/A ratings were taken a week ago
    • Tournament Presence: Every Official Smogon Tournament and World Cup
    • Short Paragraph: Been here from the start of dawn and been at the top since day 1. No one's been through more generation and tiering changes than me and seen it's effects on each instance. I actually care.
  3. Ciele

Ciele
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a GS1 Winner

Primary Shoddy Account Username: jingle bells (Suspect), Ciele (Standard)
    Standard Ladder Rating: 1788.5
    Standard Ladder Deviation: 71.5
    Suspect Ladder Rating: 1766
    Suspect Ladder Deviation: 63

I cannot provide screenshots, but these ratings are accurate as I post this.

Tournament Presence: My only real tournament presence this year is playing with te Alpha Ruiners in SPL with my current record standing at 5-0: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72626

Short Paragraph: Although I have little tournament experience, I have laddered consistently and successfully all this year up until the last couple of weeks, and I feel that I have a good understanding of the metagame from this. I was more importantly of course, a frequent player of the Suspect metagame as well until recently, peaking at #2 on the leaderboard.
  4. Gil4

Gil4

Primary Shoddy Account Username: Tq47
    Standard Ladder Rating: 1532.
    Standard Ladder Deviation: 22.
    Suspect Ladder Rating: 1609,5.
    Suspect Ladder Deviation: 62,5.
    Tournament Presence: none besides Smogon Frontier (1 w./1 l. for now).
    [​IMG]
    Peaked 40th place on standard ladder and 13th place on suspect ladder.
  5. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Closed. We will announce who has been chosen for the Council once Jump and I have had a chance to discuss the applications.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)