CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Discussion 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
Yeah. It's not as if we gave this Shed Skin or something that would allow it to heal status one out of every 3 turns or so.
then sandstorm wrecks it of having any chance of healing.

And, btw with spiritomb's pressure the thing only has 4 moonlights. Taunt also wrecking the thing.

then sandstorm wrecks it of having any chance of healing.

And, btw with spiritomb's pressure the thing only has 4 moonlights. Taunt also wrecking the thing.
SS + Air Lock = good Recovery
SS + Shed Skin = good Recovery
Either way it still gets decent recovery. Add in Leftovers, it is very good.

Taunt wrecks most Walls, so what is your point?

What should the main Fighting STAB move be??
-
Close Combat
-Cross Chop
-Dynamic Punch
-Hammer Arm
-Super Power

I can TOTALLY see the new Mummy Pokemon droppin' dem hammers on those Pokemon. :o

Which, if any, of the Elemental Punches does this get??
-Fire Punch
-Ice Punch

-ThunderPunch

Fire, the anger that burns from his untimely demise, and Ice, the cold hand of an inevitable fate in the form of a punch.

Does this get Recovery outside of Rest??
-Yes, move is Moonlight
-No

Moonlight? Yeah, I could see that.

Does this get Will-o-Wisp??
-Yes
-No

It's a Ghost type, right? Seems like a good choice.

*NEW*
Does this get Hypnosis and associated moves?
-Yes
-No

I'm kind of on the fence with this one, because I already think he should get Will-O-Wisp, would having Hypnosis overdo it? Burn and Sleep are two of the best status problems to inflict on an opponent, but Hypnosis has unreliable aim, and Will-O-Wisp can be absorbed by common Pokemon like Houndoom and Heatran, not to mention other Pokemon like Arcanine. In closing, this Pokemon should not get the move Hypnosis.

Hyra, can we get an update on what the likely final movepool will look like (along with which egg group each egg move would be in) based on currently cast votes? Might make fine tuning easier before wrapping up this step and moving onto the next.

And yes, that was a bad pun and no, it wasn't originally intended.

Current vote count:

06 Close Combat
25 Cross Chop
07 Dynamic Punch
62 Hammer Arm
14 Superpower

31 Fire Punch
64 Ice Punch
40 Thunderpunch
12 None

61 Moonlight
20 No

28 Will-o-Wisp
55 No

07 Hypnosis et al.
39 No

So everything looks pretty definate except the punches. While Ice is definately head of the rest...

Ice Punch: 47.4%
Fire Punch: 22.9%
Thunder Punch: 29.6%

I guess that's far enough ahead to warrant only getting Ice Punch, more than double the lowest votes and still nearly 18% ahead of seconds place.

You're forgetting that that wasn't a "pick only one" poll. About 80 total people voted, so Thunderpunch is hovering around 50% approval.

Ive finally decided to vote:

What should the main Fighting STAB move be??
-
Close Combat
-Cross Chop
-Dynamic Punch
-Hammer Arm
-Super Power

Makes the most sense to me

Which, if any, of the Elemental Punches does this get??
-Fire Punch
-Ice Punch
-ThunderPunch

All of them. Only Water and Ice Types should have Ice Punch and no others.

Does this get Recovery outside of Rest??
-Yes, move is Moonlight (fits better with a vengeful mummy than Morning Sun)
-No

Not sure if it'll make a difference with Shed Skin

Does this get Will-o-Wisp??
-Yes
-No

Yup.

Does this get Hypnosis and associated moves?
-
Yes
-No

Makes it too versatile in my opinion

Current vote count:

06 Close Combat
25 Cross Chop
07 Dynamic Punch
62 Hammer Arm
14 Superpower

31 Fire Punch
64 Ice Punch
40 Thunderpunch
12 None

61 Moonlight
20 No

28 Will-o-Wisp
55 No

07 Hypnosis et al.
39 No
Those are the winners. The elemental punches require more of a look into them, since people could vote for more than one. Giving it only Ice Punch would be fine, but I'm not sure what percent of the voters wanted ThunderPunch.

That makes me heavily favor Ice Punch only. I'll let other people weigh in on how we should decide this though.

By the way, I will not be here from Friday to Saturday, meaning either this thread is resolved and I figure out what the next one should be tomorrow, or you guys continue to talk in this thread all weekend.

Sorry if I'm late, I've been really busy... Was there any decision made on Force Palm or is that just done? :x

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
i think some people thought it was pick one elemental punch,
evidence:
T-a-B said:
-Ice Punch (Strategic voting, I'd prefer t-punch, but I think this has the best chance)
would it be possible to do a 1 day poll? have eacn elemental punches and "none" options with pick as many as you like and find out whitch options >50% of people go for. it will not take long and give us a slightly better picture of what people want, also thunderpunch is extremely close to the 50% marker and fire punch is decently close.

eric, you're really a poll-loving hippie, dammit! :P

Now seriously, I don't think there is any need to make another poll. I think that Ice Punch has won with a big enough margin.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
eric, you're really a poll-loving hippie, dammit! :P
lol, whenever a new poll could be made, i will vote for it. i like lots of short polls best, not few long ones i think the way to go is one poll per day, but have 2-5 polls per thingy.

anyway even if we do go for ice punch, thunder punch was only 2.5% off the 50% marker. i do kinda think thats too close, but everyone seems to be against me......

Just combed the thread, and did the statistics of each vote for the elemental punches:

Fire Punch - 2
Ice Punch - 21
Thunder Punch - 2

Fire Punch and Ice Punch - 9
Ice Punch and Thunder Punch - 18
Thunder Punch and Fire Punch- 2

All - 19
None - 13
I bolded the votes that were within a 15% margin of the mode. This leaves three options basically, All, Ice & Thunder, or just Ice. Perhaps a 24 hour poll on this could finalize it. The only real problem is for people who don't want Fire Punch no matter what, but are indifferent on Thunder Punch. This could end up splitting anti-fire votes, and thus allow fire to win. Therefore, since there are enough votes for Thunder and All, I say the next poll look like this:

Ice and Thunder Punch
Ice, Thunder, and Fire Punch
This will prevent shenanigans, and since enough people wanted Thunder (adding both Thunder & Ice with All), it makes sense that it should at least get it as well. The final poll could also just be "Fire Punch or No Fire Punch". These are merely suggestions, but hopefully they help.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
i think we should make a clicky poll with all of the possible options:

IP
IP+TP
IP+FP
FP
FP+TP
TP
All
None

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)