CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Discussion 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it with or without Bulk Up? Or you could just add a Choice Band. I'm assuming you mean with a damage calculator and not in the game, where Hitmonchan doesn't get Shadow Sneak.
Yes the damage calculator. I'm was interested in Porky's EV spread and wanted to see how having no attack evs on something with Shadow Sneak would fair. I could have used Muk since it and this guy have about the same attack points.

Edit: Start doing damage calcs with no Bulk up and then with one Bulk up.

I'm also considering Screech or Leer over Scary Face. More variety in what it can do with the flavor moves is always good. Now, this might sound contradictory considering I want three trapping moves, but those are all core to the design (and learning Bind and Wrap at once is very fun, at least in game).

I don't think you should add Screech instead of Scary Face. Remember how it can't use Hyper Voice? Same thing for Screech, in my opinion. Meanwhile, Scary Face makes perfect sense.

Leer, however, would fit in perfectly.

Also, to those complaining about "poor" coverage: Its two STAB moves are unresisted, meaning you hit all walls for neutral. You actually hit Super Effective on Blissey, Cresselia, Regice, and Celebi. This thing can never have poor coverage, ever. Stop complaining about having one of the best attacking types in the game.

Exactly why whether or not it gets punches is completely moot, as well as Power Whip. Thus my lack of major opinion.

Looking at the level up list, I really feel like removing Endure, Shadow Ball, Hypnosis, and Nightmare. This would make it learn its last move in the 60's (yay) and only remove its contested ability to sleep its enemies competitively.

I'm fine with removing those moves, as long as he can still learn the Shadow Ball TM. I think it'd be interesting if a Nasty Plot set was actually gimmickable.
That is a great article.

And Dusknoir beats the Mummy in one way...Dusknoir isn't Fighting type.

oh dear god i loled hard at that dusknoir thing

Main fighting Stab?:
Hammer arm and Cross Chop

What Elemental punchs does it get?
Thunder punch and Ice punch are enough

Recovery outside of rest?
Yes has long has its moonlight or something like that

Gets will-o-wisp?
i'm gonna have to say yes on this one outclassing dusknoir be be damned

What should the main Fighting STAB move be??
Dynamic Punch - second place
Hammer Arm - makes most sense

Which, if any, of the Elemental Punches does this get??
Ice Punch - I'm not willing to give this ANY elemental punches (hence no bold), but it wouldn't be the end of the world if Ice Punch made it through. I think getting neutral STAB on a wall is fine enough.

Does this get Recovery outside of Rest??
Could Hyra or someone else perhaps define Recovery please? Are we just talking Recover/Moonlight/Morning Sun/Slack Off/et al?

Does this get Will-o-Wisp??
No -

I would also vote to drop Hyper Voice, Bide, Icy Wind, Hypnosis, and Nightmare from Level Up.

How can Mach Punch, Punishment, and Bone Rush be bred onto this (would need to be both Indeterminate and Human Shape...which seems contradictory)?

So this is how I see it:

Level Up Moves:
1. Wrap
1. Bind
1. Endure
2. Sand Attack
3. Sand Tomb
5. Rock Tomb
7. Imprison
10. Arm Thrust
14. Scary Face
18. Mean Look
21. Glare
24. Ancient Power (possible evolution method)
25. Curse
32. Revenge
36. Shadow Punch
42. Earth Power
50. Shadow Ball
57. Hammer Arm/Cross Chop/Dynamic Punch/Close Combat/Super Power (aka main Fighting STAB move)
65. Aura Sphere

Egg Moves:
Ice Punch
Shadow Sneak
Momento
Spite
Grudge
Destiny Bond
Pursuit
Ominous Wind
Knock Off
Night Shade (only if Moonlight stayed around...cuz it would look silly with Morning Sun)
I deleted the TM list off because I didn't necessarily add anything (removed Dream Eater and Giga Drain most notably). I changed some things in the Level Up list, and I removed some attacks from the Egg Moves.

Could Hyra or someone else perhaps define Recovery please? Are we just talking Recover/Moonlight/Morning Sun/Slack Off/et al?
Yeah.. that's what Recovery refers to... Not sure what else it could be. And don't post entire movesets, just point out changes. It's very hard to tell the differences.

Yeah.. that's what Recovery refers to... Not sure what else it could be. And don't post entire movesets, just point out changes. It's very hard to tell the differences.

If that's the case, then I vote NO Recovery. I think Drain Punch would be enough recovery-wise. Sorry...I'll edit my first post.

I agree completely with the post by tgva8889, except to say that I don't particularly care whether it gets leer, and I really like power whip for this pokemon.

I think Hypnosis/Nightmare is really pushing it for what this guy can do, and I say cut it.

Also, its STAB moves are ghost and fighting, meaning that it doesn't just hit all walls. The only pokemon it can not hit for at least neutral damage with those two types is a hypothetical ghost/normal.

-Dynamic Punch
-Hammer Arm

-Thunder Punch

-No

-No

Also, its STAB moves are ghost and fighting, meaning that it doesn't just hit all walls. The only pokemon it can not hit for at least neutral damage with those two types is a hypothetical ghost/normal.
However, said hypothetical pokemon would be completely immune to this pokemon, thus making it the perfect counter to it.

Mummything@leftovers
{careful}
Evs: 252 hp / 180 sdef / 76 def
Actual Stat: 384/246/235/149/331/166
- Bulk up
- Moonlight
- Hammer arm
- Rock slide / shadow punch/ shadow sneak

Using this set spread here I'll calculate what he does to others.

Shadow Sneak to a 4/0 HP/Def Azelf
Damage: 123 - 145
Damage: 42.12% - 49.66%

Shadow Sneak to a 4/0 HP/Def Zam
Damage: 171 - 201
Damage: 67.86% - 79.76%

Same attack to a 4/0 Gengar
Damage: 139 - 163
Damage: 53.05% - 62.21%

Shadow Sneak to a 252/8 hp/def Bronzong
Damage: 41 - 48
Damage: 12.13% - 14.20%

---------------------

Hammer Arm to a 252/0 Hp/def T-tar
Damage: 422 - 496
Damage: 104.46% - 122.77%

Hammer Arm to a 252/8 hp/def Bronzong
Damage: 100 - 118
Damage: 29.59% - 34.91%

Hammer Arm to a 252/252 Blissey
Damage: 410 - 483
Damage: 57.42% - 67.65%
Do more later, have to restart this damn computer =/

-Close Combat
-Cross Chop
-Dynamic Punch
-Hammer Arm
-Super Power

-Fire Punch / makes no sense since mumies burn
-Ice Punch
-ThunderPunch

-Yes, move is Moonlight (fits better with a vengeful mummy than Morning Sun)
-No ( Moonlight just does not fit a fighting type, no fighting types have a recoverymove besides rest, unless I am mistaken, I might be)

-Yes ( All ghosts get this, he should be no exception, he is not outclassing dusknoir if he has this )
-No

Loose Hypnosis, does not fit a fighting type to put things to sleep with hypnotic powers

-No ( Moonlight just does not fit a fighting type, no fighting types have a recoverymove besides rest, unless I am mistaken, I might be)
Wow, I just noticed that. I'm going to have to go change my votes, now.

-
Close Combat
-Cross Chop
-Dynamic Punch
-Hammer Arm
-Super Power

-Fire Punch
-Ice Punch
-ThunderPunch
None. Fire definitely makes NO sense.

-No
Mummies technically can't sleep, I wouldn't give it Rest... especially since we were even considering Insomnia.

-Yes
-No

Ew @ Air Lock, hahah.

main fighting stab
cross chop

Elemental punches
ice punch
thunder punch

Recovery move outside of rest
moonlight/morning sun

Will o' wisp
NO.

Medicham and Inferape would like to have a word with you.

Hey, everybody! Fire makes no sense on a highly-flammable thing like Weezing! Let's give it Fire Blast! =P
You keep saying this, but I don't think it's not completely true. If Weezing emits flammable gas, I can easily see him emitting said gas, then setting it on fire near the opponent, which would create a fire blast. He could also use said gas as flammable material for a flamethrower. He's not as much made of the gas as he makes a lot of the gas.

That being said, Togekiss still punches things without hands and I don't know why. I also don't understand why Haunter can't punch things despite it clearly having rather large hands.

I don't like Fire Punch because it doesn't do anything. Ice and Steel are both already weak to Fighting, so it only provides more damage against Grass, which Ice Punch would do also. Sure, Ice Punch doesn't completely own Abomasnow, but Hammer Arm/Cross Chop/Whatever surely does. "It doesn't make that much sense" is just yet another reason to leave it off the list.

Medicham and Inferape would like to have a word with you.
Dang, I thought Medicham learned a healing move. Whatever, changing vote back again.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
You keep saying this, but I don't think it's not completely true. If Weezing emits flammable gas, I can easily see him emitting said gas, then setting it on fire near the opponent, which would create a fire blast.
And Weezing sets it on fire, how? Isn't Weezing going to have to... generate that heat somewhere internally?

He's not as much made of the gas as he makes a lot of the gas.
Here's a little Pokedex for ya:

Koffing D/P: Lighter-than-air gases in its body keep it aloft. The gases not only smell, they are also explosive.

Seems like it's filled with the stuff. Koffing, anyways. But then, Koffing's getting fire moves too.

Let's go further back in time to, say, LG for Koffing: Because it stores several kinds of toxic gases in its body, it is prone to exploding without warning.

Weezing doesn't seem to have much saying that it directly has the gases in its body, but I have a good feeling it does.

Ooh, hey, here's a Weezing one from Silver: Top-grade perfume is made using its internal poison gases by diluting them to the highest level.

In particular, I like this Koffing one from Yellow: In hot places, its internal gases could expand and explode without any warning. Be very careful!

Hey, look, flammable gases inside its body! Cool.

In particular, I like this Koffing one from Yellow: In hot places, its internal gases could expand and explode without any warning. Be very careful!
Having gas inside the body is not the same as being made of it.

Note the words "expand and explode" not "ignite and explode". But we're getting really off-topic now.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Having gas inside the body is not the same as being made of it.
Course it's not made of the stuff. But I'm willing to bet they're filled with it. And since they kinda have to generate that heat internally. *boom*

Note the words "expand and explode" not "ignite and explode".
Fine then, still haven't heard anything about why they aren't exploding on Flamethrower.

But we're getting really off-topic now.
I'm just trying to prove the point of how Fire moves can be on the mummy. If the explodable Weezing gets some (and those melty steels), then why not a supposedly-flammable mummy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)