Votes: 57 42.9%
  • Option 10

Votes: 35 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked 1 and 8.
8 Because I made it and it is my favourite and 1 because I like it, it is popular and I don't like 9.

I really liked Magmortified. Heh, well I know mine won't win but knowing 10 other people voted for me is enough. :D

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
I'm sorry guys, I'm getting on the sprite at once. I finally decided on a good pose, which was my major thorn starting off. :)

Also, I chose 1 and 9 because I'm unoriginal at the moment.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Both of mine were designed to be humorous and not really serious. Its still cool they got some takers though lol.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I picked #7 and #10, because they are both concise and complementary with each other.

I liked #3 and #7 the best. Pokedex entries should be short, mention the name of the Pokemon about once at max and not be a fucking joke.

But I have no problems with #1 either, which seems to be a winner. #9 seems guaranteed the second place which I don't like as much, but eh. If #2 wins for God's sake fix the grammar.

I would prefer if #8 was simply 'Wherever REVENANKH goes, all vegetation rots away. An aura of fear always precedes its appearance.' I still voted for it (and #1 which is perfect) though. I didn't like #9's second sentence but I loved the first sentence and it would probably have been my third choice.

Will anyone think I'm a dick if I correct the grammar/spelling in some of these? I know I'm regarded as a little too critical, but "extract revenge on" makes no sense. I'm guessing it is supposed to say "extract revenge from"? Even then it's a clunky turn of phrase. In-game Pokemon text is casual but it's also grammatical and largely correct. A few of the mistakes are obviously typos, I've no problem with those.

I won't make a move unless I get some indication that I'm not in the wrong here, I know people get defensive over use-of-language and I'm not looking to start a(nother) fight.

I voted for #1 and #9.

I'm still a little iffy about #1, you wouldn't normally say "something inhabits something to...", but it's good in all other respects and would be very easy to tweek. It could be that Helios is from somewhere where the dialect would flow using 'inhabits ...to', it's not terribly wrong, it makes sense, it's just very unusual and little jarring.

I think #7 was meant to say:

"Revenankh are known to traverse massive deserts in order to find a way to exact revenge on the person who put it to rest."

If it was worded like that, it would probably be my third choice.

Yeah it was. When I was wording it, it didn't soun right. But I wasn't really in the thinking mood. I was in bad pain and such. But yeah, that would be the correct form.

There's going to be a second poll for this. At least four will move on, five depends on how close it is to the fourth option. Currently looks like 5 options though.

And...

WE NEED SPRITES!

tennisace, Magmortified and I have been working on trying a sprite.

We've finished one of the front sprites and we are currently working on the back. I'll edit more in when we complete more.

normal sprite shiny sprite

back sprite

And you guys can go ahead and make color revisions.

Make the rings of the normal gold like the shiny, and darken the hands slightly. The shiny looks really really high contrast. tone it down; maybe make it light blueish.

I like the red of the shiny, but I do agree it's a little bright. Maybe make it a darker red, like dried blood?

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
heh. i colored the shiny, but there were so many colors in the original it was kinda hard. as for the darker, yea im gonna work on that once the back sprite is done, which should be soon.

tennisace, Magmortified and I have been working on trying a sprite.

We've finished one of the front sprites and we are currently working on the back. I'll edit more in when we complete more.

normal sprite

shiny sprite

And you guys can go ahead and make color revisions.
i dunno about that. the concept is cool but it doesn't really look like a pokemon sprite, more like something out of the MOTHER series. not saying that's bad, it's an awesome series, just that to me it doesn't look right for an actual sprite. but this is just nitpicking so whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)