CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 2

What should the type of our new Pokemon be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever it is... a "ghost" exists in some sort of alternate dimension. Thats why they can't bit hit with normal attacks. I can see things like (Starcraft) Archons / Dark Templar, which aren't dead nor spirits, being manipulated into some sort of ghost.

I can't think of any myths that have a concept of alternative dimensions of some sort however..

I dont think what we should be doing is making a pokemon that covers the most types, able to hit damn alot of types SE, resist a whole lot of types. What we want should actually be a unique pokemon, even if it gets sent to BL.
So Ghost/Grass for unique-ness.

I still say Oni mask, make is more chibi and add little will - o - wisp flames behind it and you've got a dead ringer. And it would be like an ancient pokemon found in ruins kinda like Claydol or Bronzong.

ghost fire shot ahead in the lead. grass ghost was winning for a little while...
cmon guys, Grass+Ghost! it was our final two selections!

Ghost/normal could be really good.
You could make it like the old typical bedsheet white ghost, y'now what i'm talkin' bout'?

Bull of Heaven

Come on, people. Vote for Steel. Put it on the next poll. Don't vote for Fighting or Normal.

Actually, here's a better idea. Vote for Ground so many times at the last minute that it wins by more than ten percent. Then everyone wins. Suddenly, this whole process is more interesting. You can discuss how Ground could possibly have one. You're all amazed, you all have a chance to be more creative than Ghost/Fire and I get the type I want.

Come on, people. Vote for Steel. Put it on the next poll. Don't vote for Fighting or Normal.

Actually, here's a better idea. Vote for Ground so many times at the last minute that it wins by more than ten percent. Then everyone wins. Suddenly, this whole process is more interesting. You can discuss how Ground could possibly have one. You're all amazed, you all have a chance to be more creative than Ghost/Fire and I get the type I want.
Ok, I'll take advice with nothing backing it up. We are not going to chose a pokemon because YOU want to have it.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Well, if Ghost/Fire becomes the inevitable winner, I do have a very unique idea in mind for him. ;)

If we do get a ghost-fire i hope we don't chose one that is an actual W-O-W. I'd rather have a "human shaped" ghost with blue flames coming out of eyes, etc. Kind of skeleton like. Like a skelteon and duskull had a baby with w-ow. XD

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Voted for Ghost / Fire, but Ghost / Fighting and Ghost / Water are interesting. Its just that there have been lots of exotic Fighting pogies created in the last two gen, such as Lucario, Toxicroak, Gallade, Medicham, Breloom, and Infernape, and the only notorious Fire inventions were Fire / Fighting and Fire / Steel (alright there's the cool Camerupt, too). The promise of Ghost / Fighting that futuresuperstar has so elaborately explained is very appealing, though. Being able to take any hit that Heracross dishes out is very cool, as long as this Ghost doesn't have Gengar's Defense. I have to say, however, that TTar's Crunch is neutral, so it's not quite a counter for Ttar, and its resistance to SR is nothing special, since its a Fighting Type after all. I admit that the priority move bit was interesting (bullet punch and shadow sneak still hits neutral and SE, respectively, unfortunately).

There are tons of water Pokemon already, but Ghost / Waterseems really cool and competitive. Normal / Ghost is kind of bleh imo, and I can't help but imagine an alter-ego of Bronzong for Ghost / Steel, despite having no Levitate! Ghost / Psychic interests me, but I'm getting sick of all the Psychics we already have. Grass (Gravy lol!) had some nice upgrades this gen I think, I don't see Ghost / Grass being any more unique than the other defensive and offensive grasses we already got anyways.

As for Fire's illustration, I believe there are a lot of promise, and people could be pretty creative about this rather than going with something predictable. Something pokemonish could definitely come out from it. I don't like the oni-mask idea, sorry =p.

Voted for Ghost / Fire, but Ghost / Fighting and Ghost / Water are interesting. Its just that there have been lots of exotic Fighting pogies created in the last two gen, such as Lucario, Toxicroak, Gallade, Medicham, Breloom, and Infernape, and the only notorious Fire inventions were Fire / Fighting and Fire / Steel (alright there's the cool Camerupt, too). The promise of Ghost / Fighting that Dragon Tamer has so elaborately explained is very appealing, though. Being able to take any hit that Heracross dishes out is very cool, as long as this Ghost doesn't have Gengar's Defense. I have to say, however, that TTar's Crunch is neutral, so it's not quite a counter for Ttar, and its resistance to SR is nothing special, since its a Fighting Type after all. I admit that the priority move bit was interesting (bullet punch and shadow sneak still hits neutral and SE, respectively, unfortunately).

There are tons of water Pokemon already, but Ghost / Waterseems really cool and competitive. Normal / Ghost is kind of bleh imo, and I can't help but imagine an alter-ego of Bronzong for Ghost / Steel, despite having no Levitate! Ghost / Psychic interests me, but I'm getting sick of all the Psychics we already have. Grass (Gravy lol!) had some nice upgrades this gen I think, I don't see Ghost / Grass being any more unique than the other defensive and offensive grasses we already got anyways.

As for Fire's illustration, I believe there are a lot of promise, and people could be pretty creative about this rather than going with something predictable. Something pokemonish could definitely come out from it. I don't like the oni-mask idea, sorry =p.
That was me, not Dragon Tamer ... >,>

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
haha mixed up names, sorry! don't take it personally, futuresuperstar =p

edited.

lets just have a ghost fighting type with 300 base in every stat. lets give him simple and give him access to swords dance, nasty plot, etc. and lets let him have 2 abilities, wonder guard is his second next to simple.. he will be perfectly balanced, and his typing is omegafuckinghorrible, ghost/fighting.
thats all we need in the metagame is a (un)balanced unresisted stab type ^^!qq!11!!1!!!1!11!!one~!!??~!!>~>>~??~eleven!!!

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
lets just have a ghost fighting type with 300 base in every stat. lets give him simple and give him access to swords dance, nasty plot, etc. and lets let him have 2 abilities, wonder guard is his second next to simple.. he will be perfectly balanced, and his typing is omegafuckinghorrible, ghost/fighting.
thats all we need in the metagame is a (un)balanced unresisted stab type ^^!qq!11!!1!!!1!11!!one~!!??~!!>~>>~??~eleven!!!
You know, BulkyGyara would be 4HKO'ed by a Ghost/Fighting's Shadow Claw, if the thing ever gets 130 Base Attack (394 Attack stat).

It's not like all the bliss and beauty will be gone once a Ghost/Fighting pokémon pops out in the OU metagame. Hell, even Bold Cressselia is 3HKO'ed :/ (okay, I admit it doesn't survive THAT well to the second Shadow Claw, and a Bander version kills her; but Bander versions would be easily stopped by a little prediction and Skitty).

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You know, BulkyGyara would be 4HKO'ed by a Ghost/Fighting's Shadow Claw, if the thing ever gets 130 Base Attack (394 Attack stat).

It's not like all the bliss and beauty will be gone once a Ghost/Fighting pokémon pops out in the OU metagame. Hell, even Bold Cressselia is 3HKO'ed :/ (okay, I admit it doesn't survive THAT well to the second Shadow Claw, and a Bander version kills her; but Bander versions would be easily stopped by a little prediction and Skitty).
Yeah, and given this is part fighting who wants to bet "give it the elemental punches!" comes up. Quite frankly I can't find a good argument against them considering both Gengar and Dusknoir get them, along with basically every fighting type via Emerald tutors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)