CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 2

What should the type of our new Pokemon be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually you could just take 80 from attack. Lol, its fun making broken spreads.
Wasn't trying to make a broken set really, was merely using that as an example. The point I'm trying to make is with 90/90/90/90/90/90 and/or 100/100/100/100/100/100 as you template(s), you could make like tons of un-broken or broken BSTs.

Regarding the sprite... why didn't Porygon, Beldum and Magnemite's lines get Levitate, then? I thought it should have a Ground immunity, in some respect, ever since Stadium. The only thing it ever got in that respect was Magnet Rise. :|
It is called Balance,Nintendo is pretty good at it(ubers not including).A floating Metagross not fun.

Regarding the sprite... why didn't Porygon, Beldum and Magnemite's lines get Levitate, then? I thought it should have a Ground immunity, in some respect, ever since Stadium. The only thing it ever got in that respect was Magnet Rise. :|

Sorry, Lorak, but this is the perfect example of why I don't want Levitate as an option. All these Pokemon are OU without Levitate, yet they have sprite justification and benefit from it. Porygon not as much, since it has 3 arguably better options in Adaptability, Trace, and Download. Magnezone could easily replace Sturdy and be the best Electric in the game, with either the ability to trap Steels, or to be one of the best Steel or Electric tanks in the game. And not being able to kill Metagross with Earthquake just scares me.

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
Agreed. I've already faced an Agility + Magnet Rise Metagross before. After it got a +1 from Meteor Mash, I was swept (My counter was, sadly, EQing Forretress).

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Haha, Ghost / Steel is pretty close to sneaking above 10%, come on Ghosty steely type!

I find it funny how each vote moves it closer and farther away at the same time.

Hm... it needs to be 10:00pm already.

Absolutely Ghost/Normal. If people think their Porygon-Z can run around with Hidden Power Fighting and Shadow Ball...they'd be dead wrong. Even if its only weakness is Dark, that's an awfully common type. Besides, it gets pretty nice STABs as well (Explosion anyone?).

phox most people use dark pulse.. anyways it would wall some gengars but anyways!!

this poll took too long ffs. next time hyra make it like 1-2 days

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yes. I'm thinking Bongo Bongo~ish.

So the next poll is going to be for role, which marks the beginning of the art competition, then picking art, then ability?
Bongo Bongo or King Dodongo?

I always wanted to use that line. Now my life has (more) meaning.

Even though Levitate might be a signature Ghost ability, we are trying to create NEW ORIGINAL pokemon. I feel Levitate is the most unoriginal ability out there. It's basically add a free Ground immunity to anything, which not everything needs. There were people who wanted Levitate on Syclant even though it resisted Ground already. I'm sorry but Levitate is the easy way out on abilities. It was novel in RSE, but now it isn't.
There has been enough discussion on whether Levitate should be its ability to show that it is not a unanimous decision, which means it should at least go to voting.

Or you could just play god with it. Whatever the case, you definitely shouldn't have been put in charge of this "poll".

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
We all know that if Levitate was allowed it would probably win the special ability poll, unless there was something even better. Hyra is doing what he thinks will be best to not overpower our creation.

If Smogon can't help itself to not make this guy overpowered, then this idea is doomed from the start. Personally I think Smogon is smart enough not to over power this guy

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
The vast majority of Smogon that is voting in these polls will also simply pick what seems the "best," which is the reason why Syclant "turned out bad."

If we do not set limits, "then this idea [was] doomed from the start."

If Smogon can't help itself to not make this guy overpowered, then this idea is doomed from the start. Personally I think Smogon is smart enough not to over power this guy
What are you trying to say? That Hyra isn't good enough to do this? He is being smart by saying no Levitate at all. There were quite a few people petitioning for Levitate on the Ghost/Steel. Seriously, he is doing a good job.

Ok whatever judging from the way Syclant turned out maybe you guys are right, it just doesn't seem much like a poll if one person is making executive decisions. It might not turn out perfect this way, but at least it would be a community Pokemon that got the most votes for how it turned out.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
MWAHAHAAH. 10 Minutes left and Ghost / Steel sneaks into the next poll!!!

Please Hyra don't be so hard on it next time, no need to emphasise the no levitate sooo hard.

Ok whatever judging from the way Syclant turned out maybe you guys are right, it just doesn't seem much like a poll if one person is making executive decisions. It might not turn out perfect this way, but at least it would be a community Pokemon that got the most votes for how it turned out.
The majority of people posting is actually on the side of no Levitate, so it is more of a community decision. Sure if it was a clicky vote, Levitate would win, but that is mostly people who just look at the poll and vote without reading the thread or posting.

MWAHAHAAH. 10 Minutes left and Ghost / Steel sneaks into the next poll!!!

Please Hyra don't be so hard on it next time, no need to emphasise the no levitate sooo hard.
I'm removing that for the next one. It was solely for this poll so that people would realize Ghost does not equal auto-levitate.

And ultimatefreshness, you aren't arguing why Levitate should be there. You have not countered any of my arguments. Would you allow an 800 BST beast if that is what Smogon voted for? It's called balance, which is sometimes lost in the strive to create an awesome Pokemon. Also, Smogon isn't as elite a place since D/P came out. No offense, much the ratio of total IQ to total users was much higher before D/P was released.

I'll leave the Levitate idea open for debate until we get to the ability poll. If you can persuade me by then, I will list it. Until then, I'm not listing it.

I'm removing that for the next one. It was solely for this poll so that people would realize Ghost does not equal auto-levitate.

And ultimatefreshness, you aren't arguing why Levitate should be there. You have not countered any of my arguments. Would you allow an 800 BST beast if that is what Smogon voted for? It's called balance, which is sometimes lost in the strive to create an awesome Pokemon. Also, Smogon isn't as elite a place since D/P came out. No offense, much the ratio of total IQ to total users was much higher before D/P was released.

I'll leave the Levitate idea open for debate until we get to the ability poll. If you can persuade me by then, I will list it. Until then, I'm not listing it.
Thanks to newbs, some old smogoners left, and we are cluttered with them. Especially on the wifi forum. I mean who wants a mono-flawless magby o.0

lol

Well, I know hyra won't mess this up hopefully, ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)