CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 2b

What should the type of our new Pokemon be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet, Ghost/Fight is in the lead. I hope it gets 580 bst, a fast bulky sweeper with no 4x weakness is just what we need. I couldn't imagine Nintendo not going for something like that.
Yea but thats not good enough. Lets give it magiac guard/wonderguard/ levitate. Heck lets just add psycho boost/draco metoer/overheat/leafstorm on there too. Though it would still be lacking. I say we also give it every tm. There, now it is even.

Yea but thats not good enough. Lets give it magiac guard/wonderguard/ levitate. Heck lets just add psycho boost/draco metoer/overheat/leafstorm on there too. Though it would still be lacking. I say we also give it every tm. There, now it is even.
Yeah, but then it would be overpowered...

EDIT: tennisace. we have the right to call this pokemon broken if we want. it has the best stabbed double attack typing in the game,.
Ground and Fighting?

No you don't right to call broken.It has no moves and no stats,No trait. Dragon/Water is awesome type and good stats, Kingdra movepool makes suck ass.Pelliper is same type as Gyrados and it suck ass because of stats.Slaking has amazing stats but sucks because of its trait.There is nothing suck as broken type.

The argument of the people saying that Ghost/Fight is broken:
Having a great typing implies being broken

The implications of this argument:
If something is not broken (say UU), then it does not have a great typing.

Counters to that:
Sableye, Magnezone, Metagross, Jirachi, Bronzong.

Need I say more?

ghost/fight is far superior to ghost/grass, i dont see why lots of people wanted ghost/grass

at least ghost/fire got eliminated

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
ghost/fight is far superior to ghost/grass, i dont see why lots of people wanted ghost/grass

at least ghost/fire got eliminated
Probably because "its superior" isn't the sole reason to vote for something in a creative endeavor.

Ghost/Fighting is boring. Essentially we'll be making another carbon copy sweeping humanshape pokemon, give it a purple glow, and call it original.

All for the sake of having STAB Close Combat and Shadow Claw/Sneak.

Ghost/Fighting. Cause we're lame, we've run out of ideas, and nobody really wants to believe that neutral hits don't mean jack unless its something crazy powerful or boosted.

After all, it would just be too much hard work to deal with the weaknesses a Ghost/Grass has. We want our pokemon Uber in a box.

To the point where we'll retroactively try to confer Tail Glow onto Syclant because 14 polls of debate and consensus were flawed in the mind of people who are now suddenly worried about balance.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
thats not the reason i wanted ghost/fighting. i wanted fighting/flying with no CC. thats not the point. the point is is that amazing typing and stab moves doent mean its broken. we still havent chosen the roles and stats, ability and moves. its not broken yet. granted, we could make it a 595 base stat with an ability that is equivalent to haze so when it uses something that lowers its own stats, the effect is cancelled. however, because a lot of people concider this broken, it wont win. what will most likely happen is that it will get 490-510 bst and a slightly debilitating ability. this is because this works as a majority effort, not a individual effort. if you think the typing is broken, stop bitching and vote for something to make it not broken. dont sit there and whine because your thing didnt win, GO OUT AND CHANGE IT!

We can't change it because n00bs rule the polls and they don't care if something is broken or not.

If n00bs had been discounted before we would be looking at a grass pokemon now.

Edit: I'm talking about the main type poll.

thats not the reason i wanted ghost/fighting. i wanted fighting/flying with no CC. thats not the point. the point is is that amazing typing and stab moves doent mean its broken. we still havent chosen the roles and stats, ability and moves. its not broken yet. granted, we could make it a 595 base stat with an ability that is equivalent to haze so when it uses something that lowers its own stats, the effect is cancelled. however, because a lot of people concider this broken, it wont win. what will most likely happen is that it will get 490-510 bst and a slightly debilitating ability. this is because this works as a majority effort, not a individual effort. if you think the typing is broken, stop bitching and vote for something to make it not broken. dont sit there and whine because your thing didnt win, GO OUT AND CHANGE IT!
QFT. Seriously it's a poll. Stop bitching about it. Even if it ends up slightly good, or OU, it isn't gonna kill you.

You know what tho. Maybe everyone's right. Maybe it's gonna end up broken as fuck....just like Swords Dance Garchomp.....

To the point where we'll retroactively try to confer Tail Glow onto Syclant because 14 polls of debate and consensus were flawed in the mind of people who are now suddenly worried about balance.
...You people and your obscure Syclant references.

I don't think it's exactly fair to call this new pokemon broken, at least not yet. Here's why:

• We don't have it's stats
  • We don't have it's ability
  • We don't know it's role
  • We don't know it's movepool
  • In essence, we know nothing about this pokemon, yet you negative nancies (you know who I'm talking about) seem content to pick away at every decision the community makes, even though you have no idea what the outcome will be

Seriously guys, this is part 2 of the polls. Except for ability, we don't know anything about this pokemon. You all assume the worst in that we're going to make a 600 BST pokemon with Wonderguard, but we could just as easily make a 450 BST pokemon with Honey Gather. But then you'd nitpick that because it still has Ghost/Fighting typing. I guess what I'm saying is 1) shutup because I highly doubt you can predict the future and 2) unless you're contributing something useful to the discussion, shut your fucking mouth *cough*Automatic*cough*. Try and contribute something useful to the debate instead of trying to convince a community of people it's wrong.

EDIT:
If n00bs had been discounted before we would be looking at a grass pokemon now.
Yeah, that's the spirit. Blame the fact that your choice didn't get pick on noobs. Guess what guys, we're all noobs because we didn't pick Grass. So I suppose I'm a noob too? Even though I've been here for about a year longer than you and have actively contributed to discussions in the past? Even though I've been playing Pokemon since it existed? If yes, then I'm one of the noobs who killed this poll. It couldn't possibly be I thought Ghost would be a better and more interesting type than Grass. Sorry guys [/sarcasm, seriously, shut your fucking mouth].

Oh yea, btw, Tail Glow ended up staying on right? I remember thinking it was annoying doing all those calcs that no one looked at.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
You know what tho. Maybe everyone's right. Maybe it's gonna end up broken as fuck....just like Swords Dance Garchomp.....
maybe so. HOWEVER if we do a text poll for these things then the noobs will have to explain exactly why they would like the pokemon to be as broken as kyogre would be if it was unbanned (FOR THE LOVE OF ARCEUS NOOOOOO). Once the noobs explain themselves, we can flame them back to serebii and gamefaqs. JK but seriously if people think its that broken, dont vote for broken options. vote for a 300 bst and truant for all i care. in the end tho, this is a democracy, and if it ends up broken, its not our problem.

EDIT: if you reeeeeaalllly dont want ghost/fighing, start a large intitive for ghost/grass. you still have until tomorrow.

All right, awesome, I can see why. And Hyra, thanks for deciding to implement the text poll voting bold thing. It's gonna make coming up with base stats much much much much much much much less stressful.

After all, it would just be too much hard work to deal with the weaknesses a Ghost/Grass has. We want our pokemon Uber in a box.
They are about four to five types that will play a big part most polls Fire, Dragon, Dark, Electric,Fighting.Until those types are gone will not see something truly creative.So you will basically have to sit back wait until fanboy favs disappear before you get something out of the box.

So one down ,four to go

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
...You people and your obscure Syclant references.

I don't think it's exactly fair to call this new pokemon broken, at least not yet. Here's why:

• We don't have it's stats
  • We don't have it's ability
  • We don't know it's role
  • We don't know it's movepool
  • In essence, we know nothing about this pokemon, yet you negative nancies (you know who I'm talking about) seem content to pick away at every decision the community makes, even though you have no idea what the outcome will be

Seriously guys, this is part 2 of the polls. Except for ability, we don't know anything about this pokemon. You all assume the worst in that we're going to make a 600 BST pokemon with Wonderguard, but we could just as easily make a 450 BST pokemon with Honey Gather. But then you'd nitpick that because it still has Ghost/Fighting typing. I guess what I'm saying is 1) shutup because I highly doubt you can predict the future and 2) unless you're contributing something useful to the discussion, shut your fucking mouth *cough*Automatic*cough*. Try and contribute something useful to the debate instead of trying to convince a community of people it's wrong.
First, it isn't really an obscure reference if I'm using it by name. That makes it a blatant reference.

Second, I actually liked how Syclant turned out, and I felt the process was good. What pisses me off now, especially if I see it after this thing goes through, is trying to placate a bunch of whiners who want to add moves WELL AFTER the movepool discussion WITHOUT A VOTE. THAT is what is pissing me off about "Give Syclant X it won't be unbalanced!" crap going on in that topic. The time for discussing Tail Glow was back in the movepool poll.

All decisions we make in the polls should be binding. If you want to debate a move or an ability, do it during the poll topic, and never afterward. The closing topic should be about giving congratulations and preparing for entry of the data we all decided on as a team, not for a few whiners to try and usurp the rest of us by adding moves at the 11th hour.

I thought the last thread already had the movepool worked out. Only thing I don't like is the possibilty of Baton Pass. Tail Glow + Swords Dance would be okay alone, but add on Baton Pass and you have the fastest Baton Passer and the ability to pass +2 boosts on both ends of the spectrum. Much to powerful for my tastes.
Okay, I don't think Ice Beam/Focus Blast/Attack Order/Tail Glow is too bad though. I'm too lazy to check, but I think only Qwilfish and Tentacruel resist it.
This thing gets tail glow >.< I somehow missed that. Ok, Making some changes...
Pretty sure we all knew about it.

Thanks for posting my analysis, Arrow. Hey, I did not mean to sway anybody when I assigned a base spread, I just needed some semblance of spread so that I could do damage calculations efficiently. It was completely arbitrary.

I am very happy with the results, and I hope the community does not consider this broken. Honestly, I think the most likely scenario is to get a semi-Swampert base spread with Bulk Up (Fighting) in place of Curse. Then again, I'm getting ahead of myself.

All decisions we make in the polls should be binding. If you want to debate a move or an ability, do it during the poll topic, and never afterward. The closing topic should be about giving congratulations and preparing for entry of the data we all decided on as a team, not for a few whiners to try and usurp the rest of us by adding moves at the 11th hour.
I like this and agree,If the poke is a little "broken" it will end up in ubers or We have amazing option that Nintendo does not really have until the next game,We can create enuff counters for a poke until it is not "broken".

Everyone wanting Ghost/Grass shut the fuck up you will get a Grass next time.

Most likely a Fire/Grass with excellent special sweeping capabilities and awesome sun ability and is a flaming flower but is not a Sunflora evo, because for some reason no one thinks a flaming sunflower is the great idea it truly is.

Everyone wanting Ghost/Grass shut the fuck up you will get a Grass next time.

Most likely a Fire/Grass with excellent special sweeping capabilities and awesome sun ability and is a flaming flower but is not a Sunflora evo, because for some reason no one thinks a flaming sunflower is the great idea it truly is.
What?

A giant flaming chili pepper vine monster is clearly the the epitome of Fire/Grass. Imagine the Chile's mascot, but a lot of them all linked together to one giant chili pepper. It will eat your babies for breakfast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)