1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 3

Discussion in 'CAP Process Archive' started by Hyra, Jan 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sanjay120

sanjay120

Balanced:

!= physical/special
    = defensive/offensive

Like Rhyperior or Togekiss.
  2. Hyra

Hyra
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Balanced only applies to its ability to deal damage and take damage. We decided this thing was a PHYSICAL attacker, not a mixed one. People also requested relatively similar defenses.
  3. Time Mage

Time Mage

Much better, in my opinion. Again, I'd tweak some things here and there (like, +5/10 Attack, -5 SDef/-5 Def), but if this were the spread chosen, I would like it.

I'll have A LOT of trouble deciding between your spread and Gothic Togekiss' spread if both end up in the final poll.

At first I had the desire of proposing a stat spread, but since there are some that resemble my idea pretty well, I prefer to step back and give you guys feedback about them. And so far I like them! Good job.
  4. eric the espeon

eric the espeon maybe I just misunderstood
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

what about this:

120/110/90/60/80/72 total 532

its high HP (and not to bad defences) means it can take hits on both sides, the attack is decent but not briliant, and its speed cna be used to outspeed the base 70's if you want to try to sweep with it. its sp. atack is low, but it could hit a pure phy. wall (like forry, gliscor) hard with a super efective Hidden Power.
  5. LickThePaint

LickThePaint

@ Pain Split, fair enough, I was just saying cause it's the most common healing move for ghosts.

And yeah, Chomp does have a good Satk, and Atk, and is it close to broken: yeah. I'm just trying to give suggestions to make sure it's not totally broken, and I mention it having attack equal to Vile cause Vile is one of the top physical attackers, let down by his horrible defensive typing and defenses. This has a good defensive typing AND defenses and the possibilty of 2 great-typed STAB priority moves. And 530 isn't all that high, I agree, but most pokemon with awesome typing tend to have lower BSTs; Gengar, Forry and they still remain top OU due to typing/Movepool/stat distribution, and I think we should aim for something like that was *namless* 'cause then we can be sure it won't be broken, yet very good/powerfull.
  6. Goodbar

Goodbar

I dunno about 530 stats, thats actually a lot, if you're going to make something almost purely physical. Arcanine has those stats, but it also has good special attack, not quite as good typing, and just a decent movepool, and it looks like this thing will have nice options (ghost and fighting is already a great combo)
  7. Bourbon

Bourbon

I like Futuresuperstar (90/100/100/70/105/65) and Seds (70/105/85/105/105/65) the best. They're similar, but the tough but slow Ghost that can still dish out pain is a good idea. Dusknoir has too little HP and attack.
  8. Gothic Togekiss

Gothic Togekiss

So...what's the score for the speed range? Kinda excited on going to the actually poll on which stat spreads win and such.
  9. Hyra

Hyra

Okay, I'm psychic and predicted that Gothic Togekiss would want these stats.

Slow - 7 votes - 12.96%
    Medium - 34 votes - 62.96%
    Fast - 10 votes - 18.52%
    Really Fast - 3 votes - 5.56%

So medium wins. Time to start the BST poll, which I'm just going to do as a clicky poll.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)