CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I vote for medium / slow speed, preferably around 60 - 70. I'm still pushing 90 / 120 / 105 / 70 / 80 / 65 - BST 530, kind of a mix between Swampert and Scizor, but I'm starting to like the looks of some of the other spreads posted already.

This is clearly a "Tank" spread. I hate seeing that 60 speed, but it makes sense when looking at the rest of the stat line. I think you have a good line here.
I say we go at least 65 speed, that allows it to outspeed Tyranitar. I believe most TTar's will invest more into speed than this will, but if you want it to be a Tyranitar counter/switchin/w.e it needs to be faster.

I say we go at least 65 speed, that allows it to outspeed Tyranitar. I believe most TTar's will invest more into speed than this will, but if you want it to be a Tyranitar counter/switchin/w.e it needs to be faster.
If that's the case in refering to my revised stat spread then either cut HP and/or attack down a bit in order to balance out the increase in speed but that's all up to you, me, and whoever you consider good enough to ask opinion on.

Updated idea for a spread:

90 HP / 100 Attack / 105 Defense / 60 Sp.Atk / 110 Sp.Def / 65 Speed
Total BST = 530

90 HP nets 384 Maximum HP, perfect for Leftovers recovery.
100 Attack gives it fairly good attack to work with its dual-STAB, while giving it a good number to make use of Bulk Up.
105 Defense gives it great longevity and the necessary time to Bulk Up, sending its defense through the roof, and also allows it to be a solid Heracross and Tyranitar counter.
60 Sp.Atk simply will not be used.
110 Sp.Def gives it even better Sp.Def, allowing focus on the special defensive side between 90 HP / 110 Sp.Def, giving it ample time to use Bulk Up on the other side. Think of it as a reverse-Suicune using Bulk Up over Calm Mind.
65 Speed gives it medium speed and the ability to out-speed many no-speed tanks and Tyranitar.

EDIT: Dragontamer, calculate this thing's defense tier (before and after a hypothetical Bulk Up).

If that's the case in refering to my revised stat spread then either cut HP and/or attack down a bit in order to balance out the increase in speed but that's all up to you, me, and whoever you consider good enough to ask opinion on.
I really don't care either way. It just actually helps alot. I would actually say drop SAtk or SDef. The HP is perfect right now, 90 is a really good number. Attack and Defense could be cut, but that reduces his effectiveness. Then again Lucario does just fine with 110 Attack.

I really don't care either way. It just actually helps alot. I would actually say drop SAtk or SDef. The HP is perfect right now, 90 is a really good number. Attack and Defense could be cut, but that reduces his effectiveness. Then again Lucario does just fine with 110 Attack.
Okay..I think cutting Sp. Atk would be the best way to go, beside an five point decrease from one stat and inputted into another isn't uncommon.

Original
90/100/105/80/90/60 = 515

Revise
90/110/105/75/95/60 = 535, same value as Swampert.

Re-revise
90/110/105/70/95/65 = 535, Same as before

Altertive idea for re-revise just in case you want one.
90/105/100/70/95/65 = 525

It reminds me a lot of Mesprit, actually. And you need to fix that movepool/Attack, as it was decided it's going to be physical-oriented.

I guess I wasn't clear enough with my movepool idea...I meant those are probably options we will have to vote on.
Since I have indeed been reminded thta it is fully physical oriented, maybe this spread works a bit better:

90/110/100/64/90/76 BST=530

76 Speed is nice because it outspeeds Breloom and the other base 70s like Metagross and Hitmontop, the 75s like Smeargle, but keeps it below Heatran. We decided it would be physical, so the SAtk is low, and we could always swap the SDef and Def, since it will be boosted by Bulk Up anyway.

A cool idea I just thought of would be that we could make it part of our new legendary trio. So far the trios were flying, floating psychic, elemental dogs, and rocks. How about 3 Fighters?? We go Ghost/Fight, Flying/Fight, and then one of the following: Dragon/Fight or Psychic/Fight.
Then the BST would be 580, and we could make the trio a Physical, a special, and a balanced.

90/110/100/90/110/80 BST= 580. Might be fun?

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Slow. 50 base speed, as I suggested in my base stat spread. With Shadow Sneak and Mach Punch at its disposal, it'll be fine.

Updated idea for a spread:

90 HP / 100 Attack / 105 Defense / 60 Sp.Atk / 110 Sp.Def / 65 Speed
Total BST = 530
I like this one, not bad at all. Maybe the Sp.Atk is a little too low, giving the false impression of a low total BST while having the important stats high enough. Because of that, I really like this one:

Re-revise
90/110/105/70/95/65 = 535, Same as before

Altertive idea for re-revise just in case you want one.
90/105/100/70/95/65 = 525
Both actually match what I have in mind for this one, and doesn't feel "cheap" lowering one stat too much.

In any case, I think this (both proposals) are the way to go.

Balanced
Physical
Fast

Was out skiing all week so I missed the whole thread...

My idea for a spread:

100/110/85/50/95/100
Total BST = 530

I dunno... Pretty good offense and about Porygon-2's defenses. Doesn't seem too broken/weak... I wanted a speedy tank pretty badly, and this seems to fit the bill.

Medium

This way he can outspeed many of the slower tanks and walls and start Bulk Upping/statusing/whatever. Also, being balanced, it wouldn't make sense to make him very fast. To have decent offensive and defensive stats (ala balanced), and then randomly coupled with like 110 speed is not only weird and nonsensical, but makes this guy broken. . . if he isn't already.

Also, if we make him too slow, then that gives us extra points to give to his other stats, making him even more powerful without increasing his BST, giving the illusion that he's not broken. Seriously, 50 speed or lower might sound cool for TR, but it'd be pretty unfair with a BST of 530 or so. . . 90/95/100/70/100/75 (530) seems a lot less overpowered than 100/120/105/70/105/30 (530). So, anyway, medium.

Balanced
Physical
Fast

Was out skiing all week so I missed the whole thread...

My idea for a spread:

100/110/85/50/95/100
Total BST = 530

I dunno... Pretty good offense and about Porygon-2's defenses. Doesn't seem too broken/weak... I wanted a speedy tank pretty badly, and this seems to fit the bill.
That's a super speed Togekiss...
Good HP, and good speed+attack to sweep, with decent Def/SDef? That's NOT Balanced...

110 atk, 50 SAtk is not balanced. Adding on the speed, it's considered a pseudo-sweeper. It may not be super fast, but it sure can take a hit before it dies.

110 atk, 50 SAtk is not balanced. Adding on the speed, it's considered a pseudo-sweeper. It may not be super fast, but it sure can take a hit before it dies.
Balanced only applies to its ability to deal damage and take damage. We decided this thing was a PHYSICAL attacker, not a mixed one. People also requested relatively similar defenses.

How about this, then?

90 HP / 100 ATK / 100 DEF / 70 SPATK / 105 SPDEF / 65 SPD

Still 530 BST.
Much better, in my opinion. Again, I'd tweak some things here and there (like, +5/10 Attack, -5 SDef/-5 Def), but if this were the spread chosen, I would like it.

I'll have A LOT of trouble deciding between your spread and Gothic Togekiss' spread if both end up in the final poll.

At first I had the desire of proposing a stat spread, but since there are some that resemble my idea pretty well, I prefer to step back and give you guys feedback about them. And so far I like them! Good job.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
what about this:

120/110/90/60/80/72 total 532

its high HP (and not to bad defences) means it can take hits on both sides, the attack is decent but not briliant, and its speed cna be used to outspeed the base 70's if you want to try to sweep with it. its sp. atack is low, but it could hit a pure phy. wall (like forry, gliscor) hard with a super efective Hidden Power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)