CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was never intending for this to get Pain Split. I happen to hate that move. And just because something is a physical pokemon doesn't mean it can't have a Sp. Attack stat. Look at Garchomp and all the special variants that evolved around him. Also, this is a physical pokemon, and should therefore have high attack. Who cares if it matches Weavile? Is there a rule saying it can't have the same attack as anything else? And a 530 BST is not high.
@ Pain Split, fair enough, I was just saying cause it's the most common healing move for ghosts.

And yeah, Chomp does have a good Satk, and Atk, and is it close to broken: yeah. I'm just trying to give suggestions to make sure it's not totally broken, and I mention it having attack equal to Vile cause Vile is one of the top physical attackers, let down by his horrible defensive typing and defenses. This has a good defensive typing AND defenses and the possibilty of 2 great-typed STAB priority moves. And 530 isn't all that high, I agree, but most pokemon with awesome typing tend to have lower BSTs; Gengar, Forry and they still remain top OU due to typing/Movepool/stat distribution, and I think we should aim for something like that was *namless* 'cause then we can be sure it won't be broken, yet very good/powerfull.

I dunno about 530 stats, thats actually a lot, if you're going to make something almost purely physical. Arcanine has those stats, but it also has good special attack, not quite as good typing, and just a decent movepool, and it looks like this thing will have nice options (ghost and fighting is already a great combo)

I like Futuresuperstar (90/100/100/70/105/65) and Seds (70/105/85/105/105/65) the best. They're similar, but the tough but slow Ghost that can still dish out pain is a good idea. Dusknoir has too little HP and attack.

Okay, I'm psychic and predicted that Gothic Togekiss would want these stats.

Slow - 7 votes - 12.96%
Medium - 34 votes - 62.96%
Fast - 10 votes - 18.52%
Really Fast - 3 votes - 5.56%

So medium wins. Time to start the BST poll, which I'm just going to do as a clicky poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)