CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having followed this all the way, I have to ask:

Are we going to take the top 3 and do another poll so that all the people who didn't like Rhy's and FSSs originally still get to have an impact? It could be a normal clicky poll between the top 3.

Having followed this all the way, I have to ask:

Are we going to take the top 3 and do another poll so that all the people who didn't like Rhy's and FSSs originally still get to have an impact? It could be a normal clicky poll between the top 3.

Of course not. The whole point of this method is to avoid multiple polls. If you preferred other spread than one of the current top 3 (FutureSuperStar, Rhykune and Gothic Togekiss), you still had the option to place those three in different positions. If you placed FSS two positions above GT, and then Rhykune, it would make the same impact as if you positioned FSS first, GT 3rd, and Rhkune 4th (if we consider the other options are too far to be worth considering).

Updated Score

1) Futuresuperstar – 176
2) Rhykune – 178
3) Gothic Togekiss – 182
4) Deck Knight – 204
5) Sanjay120 – 207
6) King of Anime – 207
7) DougJustDoug – 221
8) Eric the Espeon – 230
9) Lord Sunday –

This is *not* including Latinoheat's vote, as he failed to put numbers by his votes, and he listed only eight names. In other words, he confused the hell out of me. He listed Gothic first, Rhykune second, and me third, though, so it would put us like this:

GT = 183
Rhykune = 180
FSS = 179

yeh i missed one name, but i thought it would be obvious that the first listed is my favourite, just like everyone else's. The one i missed is my least favourite.

Of course not. The whole point of this method is to avoid multiple polls. If you preferred other spread than one of the current top 3 (FutureSuperStar, Rhykune and Gothic Togekiss), you still had the option to place those three in different positions. If you placed FSS two positions above GT, and then Rhykune, it would make the same impact as if you positioned FSS first, GT 3rd, and Rhkune 4th (if we consider the other options are too far to be worth considering).
This. And this poll is going to go on for a few more days.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Lol, now I'm only losing by 6 points. Come on, someone vote me a few points above Eric lol xD

This. And this poll is going to go on for a few more days.
Now that you mention it, I think you should establish a specific date of expiration. Otherwise, some people could argue that you are ending the poll when the one you want to win is leading. It's just a formality, but I think it would be wiser.

Futuresuperstar(+1)
King of Anime(+2)
Rhykune(+3)
Gothic Togekiss(+4)
Deck Knight(+5)
Lord Sunday(+6)
Sanjay120 (+7)
DougJustDoug(+8)
Eric the Espeon(+9)

...I really liked the ones from 1st to 4th, but I really don't like the 7th to 9th group at all....

@ Time Mage:

We are avoiding multiple polls, but remember that if we really want a community decision, we should give the 6 guys that aren't even close, and the people who liked them, another chance to choose from the three best. 2 polls is still a cutback from what Cooper did...

1. Fss
2. KoA
3. DJD
4. LS
5. GT
6. Rhykune
7. Deck
8. sanjay
9. eric

having said that, the best way to vote would have been rhykune last to give him the most points (and so on, eliminating the competition to Fss)
as my second choice is considerably behind

i wonder if anyone has done this...?

having said that, the best way to vote would have been rhykune last to give him the most points (and so on, eliminating the competition to Fss)
as my second choice is considerably behind

i wonder if anyone has done this...?
Yep, after the first score update that basically happened

No votes or updates in 16 hours. I'd say this poll has run its course....
Pretty much...let's tally up all the vote for maybe the last time. Give me a moment.

1) Futuresuperstar – 181
2) Rhykune – 189
3) Gothic Togekiss – 192
4) King of Anime – 211
5) Deck Knight – 216
6) Sanjay120 – 222
7) DougJustDoug – 232
8) Lord Sunday –
9) Eric the Espeon – 248

I'm having a sneaking feeling that these number were influence by the fact we tallied them up too soon.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm having a sneaking feeling that these number were influence by the fact we tallied them up too soon.
yes, i think tactical voteing runed a otherwise good idea. but i think if we do a clicky poll for the top 3 it will give us a better choice. the top 3 are separated by only 11 points, and the 4th is 19 points from 3rd so top 3 is the best i would say.

also dam i am last.

Sunday

Lol sorry about that Eric xD.

I still want to tally up the votes in a 'preferential voting' style so I may just do that now to see if there's any difference...

I think this method is good. Next time, just prohibiting early tallying would be enough. Yes, I know someone could just tally the votes, counter vote accordingly, but not posting the tally results, but experience says that just by not posting tallied votes most people who could think about counter voting would be discouraged of doing so.

Ah, also, in case someone actually tallied the votes and counter voted, it shouldn't be allowed either to say that was a counter vote, because that basically is telling the current placement in a different way.

This method not only encourages people to think about their vote, but also discourages random voters even more than the bolded replies one. AND it's faster than doing 3 polls.

I think this method is good. Next time, just prohibiting early tallying would be enough. Yes, I know someone could just tally the votes, counter vote accordingly, but not posting the tally results, but experience says that just by not posting tallied votes most people who could think about counter voting would be discouraged of doing so.

Ah, also, in case someone actually tallied the votes and counter voted, it shouldn't be allowed either to say that was a counter vote, because that basically is telling the current placement in a different way.

This method not only encourages people to think about their vote, but also discourages random voters even more than the bolded replies one. AND it's faster than doing 3 polls.
Agreeing once again. And I think a good margin to end this kind of poll is when 24 hours passes after a vote? Anyone disagree?

And I am considering barring the two counter votes, if they caused a great change. Can someone do the tally without those two votes being included? If the change is basically those two votes are the only thing changing the winner, I might consider removing them.

Agreeing once again. And I think a good margin to end this kind of poll is when 24 hours passes after a vote? Anyone disagree?
I don't think that's a bad idea aka don't have any disagreement.

And I am considering barring the two counter votes, if they caused a great change. Can someone do the tally without those two votes being included? If the change is basically those two votes are the only thing changing the winner, I might consider removing them.
If you're talking about Proto and Taiz-something's vote then I'll be on it in a minute. I think it does change the winners in that Rhykune would be leading but that's only because I did the top 3 as of now.

Tally without the counter votes.
Rhykune: 171
Gothic Togekiss: 176
FFS: 179
KoA: 201
Deck: 202
Sanjay: 210
Doug: 226
Eric: 240
Sunday: 244

Sunday

Well, who wants to see who would win by preferential voting? Just as trivia, I'm not sugesting that we should change our voting method, it's just really quite interesting to see where the current winner would end up lol.

#9 - Koa
#8 - LS!
#7 - Rhykune (!)
#6 - Doug
#6 - Eric (NOT a mistake)
#4 - Deck Knight

Rest are being kept secret so no one can kick up a fuss about winning via this manner. Just so you know the remaining three are Gothic, FSS and Sanjay, and it looked like it would come down to Sanjay vs FSS in the final two.

Tally without the counter votes.
Rhykune: 171
Gothic Togekiss: 176
FFS: 179
Pretty much...let's tally up all the vote for maybe the last time. Give me a moment.

1) Futuresuperstar – 181
2) Rhykune – 189
3) Gothic Togekiss – 192
I don't like the fact that FutureSuperStar's spread jumped 2 spaces when people counter voted. If it had gone from 2nd to first, I would have been fine with that. But it basically went from an eight point deficit to an eight point lead because of two votes. I really don't like letting these two people have so much of an influence when it is clear they mostly voted based on who wrote the most.

I don't like the fact that FutureSuperStar's spread jumped 2 spaces when people counter voted. If it had gone from 2nd to first, I would have been fine with that. But it basically went from an eight point deficit to an eight point lead because of two votes. I really don't like letting these two people have so much of an influence when it is clear they mostly voted based on who wrote the most.
I don't think that's fair to say Hyra. Although I was one of the counter voters, I did not vote for FSS just because he wrote a lot. I took the time to read through every spread, and I did consider both Rhykune's and KoA's spreads before FSS.

Honestly, before this, I didn't really remember Rhykune from anywhere in particular. On the other hand, FSS came up with the ever successful GrowthTran combo and Endeavor Rampardos, both of which I enjoy battling with and against. His analysis was very clear, and it explained everything with the level of detail that is getting harder and harder to find these days. I think he deserves the win for going "the extra mile", so to speak. Of course, I'm sure most everyone put in as much work into research the "best" base stats, and perhaps some people put in more, but, to me, FSS was the best presented and the most professional. This is all just my opinion, but that was enough for me to side with FSS over the other spreads.

In case this was tl;dr, I just don't want anyone to think I voted in this poll with the assumption that "the longest must be the best". I tried to put as much effort into my choice as the rest of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)