CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 6

Which art should we use for our Pokemon?

• Rocko the Taco

Votes: 18 8.8%
  • KoA #1 (mummy)

Votes: 47 22.9%
  • TaB #1 (kana)

Votes: 39 19.0%
  • KoA # 2 (viking)

Votes: 36 17.6%
  • DougJustDoug

Votes: 61 29.8%
  • Sanglunaria

Votes: 39 19.0%
  • KoA #3 (marionette)

Votes: 72 35.1%
  • TaB #2 (fencing)

Votes: 16 7.8%
  • TaB #3 (boxing)

Votes: 28 13.7%
  • Cooper

Votes: 14 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I somehow REALLY liked the boxing one. I feel like it fits the spread well.
I also voted for the scarecrow and the marionette, but on second thought, they really don't fit with the spread of bulky and slow.
KoA's mummy one I also like, but not nearly as much as the boxer.

Sorry my own art, but you just didn't fit the stats. I would've voted for you if I had known I could vote more than once though.... Maybe you should edit that into the OT Hyra.

I voted DJD. His genie is the only thing that looks even remotely defensive out of the 10.

I actually really like Cooper's. It screams Final Fantasy, I'll admit, but it's really unique and really has a ghostly quality to it. I love Doug's and voted for it, but I think that it would need to be somewhat adjusted during the sprite-making process to look more Pokemon-esque.

Thanks for the congratulations, =D.

I voted for DJD's, KOA's Mummy and TaB #2, but I think Doug ftw! And congrats FSS for winning the spread contest!

love the art hate the base stats i can't pick...D:

also i hated the BST choosing Method and thats why i didn't vote and and until then next create a poke i'm gonna be absent from this crap

It's mostly the fact that it looks soo non-pokemon and soo "badass" that people are attracted to it more than something more pokemon-ish. Same case could be said for Syclant.
No, Syclant looks like a Pokemon, imo. I'm really amazed that DJD didn't update the art before the poll, it's just so obviously not a Pokemon, and at the same time every teenage n00bs wetdream of what a Pokemon should be (i.e. a Spawn character) that he must know it's going to take all the votes.

(Wow, I know it ain't over, but it looks like mine aren't really in contention. Oh well. Can't blame a guy for trying. :D )

That's not what I saw on the first Create-a-pokemon art thread. Almost everyone stated that it looked too detailed to be a pokemon or it looked too much like a digimon. If I remember correctly, they said the same things about Soy-Monk's creation.
But those were sketches and then when changed around and color was added, it looked like a Pokemon. DJD's is already done and has color.

Bull of Heaven

That's not what I saw on the first Create-a-pokemon art thread. Almost everyone stated that it looked too detailed to be a pokemon or it looked too much like a digimon. If I remember correctly, they said the same things about Soy-Monk's creation.
People say that Dialga looks exactly like a digimon. That didn't stop Nintendo or anyone from making it an actual Pokemon.

People say that Dialga looks exactly like a digimon. That didn't stop Nintendo or anyone from making it an actual Pokemon.
Because by the time they started saying stuff like that to Dialga, it was too fucking late. The main point of all my comments was to show that people are more attracted to things that have more details and/or colors. Syclant was one of them until we change it to be more pokemon like.

also i hated the BST choosing Method and thats why i didn't vote and and until then next create a poke i'm gonna be absent from this crap
That is the opinion that's ruining America. "Fuck, John Edwards dropped out? Psh, I'm so not voting this year. GG America, try again in 2012." If you don't like the result for this round, why should that stop you from voting on the rest? So you don't like the base stats, try making a difference in movepool.

Because by the time they started saying stuff like that to Dialga, it was too fucking late.
Dialga is a Legendary. They are subject to slightly different design standards. DJD doesn't even look that much like a Legendary, and we're not even making one.

Dialga is a Legendary. They are subject to slightly different design standards. DJD doesn't even look that much like a Legendary, and we're not even making one.
I'm fully aware of that thank you very much. Personally I don't know why you're defending the ice ant known as Syclant? I pointed him out because people like Automatic stated that it and few other Ice/Bug runner ups look nothing like pokemon. If you read my first comment involving it, I was talking about why people are attracted to non-pokemon looking things in a pokemon art contest.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Man, why is Doug just Dougs getting the most votes?It looks nothing like a pokemon i like the mummy one and the marrionate one
Why is the marrionette getting the most votes when its essentially a spinoff of Banette that has nothing to do with it, evolutionarily speaking?

I mean hey, I like the art, but it's just waaaay too Bannette evo looking for me.

If we ever do decide to evolve Banette though, I'm going with that one.

I'm fully aware of that thank you very much. Personally I don't know why you're defending the ice ant known as Syclant? I pointed him out because people like Automatic stated that it and few other Ice/Bug runner ups look nothing like pokemon. If you read my first comment involving it, I was talking about why people are attracted to non-pokemon looking things in a pokemon art contest.
The only difference between Agumon and Charmander is that Agumon has a fat head and no flame on its tail. Seriously, what is this "looks like digimon" crap?

The Marrionette looks nothing like Puppetmon, and the only thing remotely Digimon-esque is RockotheTaco's viking, primarily because of the Axe.

The only difference between Agumon and Charmander is that Agumon has a fat head and no flame on its tail. Seriously, what is this "looks like digimon" crap?
Don't look at me as I personally don't think none of them look like digimon. At most they look like something from Yu-gi-oh.

The Marrionette looks nothing like Puppetmon, and the only thing remotely Digimon-esque is RockotheTaco's viking, primarily because of the Axe.
Why does Rocko's viking axe make him more Digimon-esque? I don't see why everyone is putting his creation down just because his weapon/arm doesn't look organic enough.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Don't look at me as I personally don't think none of them look like digimon. At most they look like something from Yu-gi-oh.

Why does Rocko's viking axe make him more Digimon-esque? I don't see why everyone is putting his creation down just because his weapon/arm doesn't look organic enough.
Digimon are known to carry recognizable weapons as standardly as theire appendages. (see Angemon, Piedmon, Machinedramon). The only two examples in pokemon are Blastoise's cannons and Farfethc'd's Leek, although I suppose you could make an argument for Magmortar, Rhyperior, and Syclant's "Arm Cannons."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)