CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 6a

What should our new Pokemon look like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I agree completely, in addition to the poster who said the mummy's Fighting type is garbage (kung-fu mummies? rofl, Ghost/Dark, Ghost/Ground, Ghost/Rock would infinitely suit it a lot better)

The Djinn is really the only one of the three ideas (a mummy, genie, and a marionette) that makes sense.

And about creative licensing, why don't I just make a Fire Hydrant with a Fire/Ground typing while I'm at it. I mean, they're often used in association with Fire and and they're connected to the Ground right? I think people are going a little to "overboard" on the creative licensing part. Yeah, it sounds/looks cool, but the Djinn just SCREAMS pick me at the typing and Stat spread.
In the film "The Mummy" (and associated Animated Series), not only was the mummy in question a sorceror of immense power, he was built like The Rock. Mummified remains are extremely well preserved, much more than skeletons or other cadavers. The muscles would still be there. The only difference between a mummy and a zombie is the wrappings. Both possess immense strength, being undead and thus not actually feeling any pain when exerting force, and both have near unlimited stamina (the undead thing, again).

There's nothing stopping this from being an apprentice of the Pharoah's army revived. Egyptian lore is rich with all kinds of fanciful magic, cults, and military institutions.

Your fire hydrant example is simply idiotic nonsense. It shows you lack any knowledge of mythological folklore if you just assume undead mummy = frail, when every single legend puts any undead monster with more physicality than a meatless skeleton at near unstoppable levels of staying power.

In the film "The Mummy" (and associated Animated Series), not only was the mummy in question a sorceror of immense power, he was built like The Rock. Mummified remains are extremely well preserved, much more than skeletons or other cadavers. The muscles would still be there. The only difference between a mummy and a zombie is the wrappings. Both possess immense strength, being undead and thus not actually feeling any pain when exerting force, and both have near unlimited stamina (the undead thing, again).
Well, technically mummies don't have any fluids in them, and I don't recall if they even have their organs left. Not much left to cause decay. Either way, they aren't frail.

I can see the Mummy being strong and all that jazz but I think the Fighting type is very, very unnecessary. This is why I also believe this process should be reversed. Pick types and moves to match a design instead of forcing a design to match already established moves.

Meh, I just figured this is how Nintendo does it. Arguably, creating just the right design is the hardest part in the process for them. But, I guess since we care more about the competitive nature of pokemon, as opposed to there aesthetics, that point is moot.

i just want to say that if we make the marionette crucified (put a massive cross on its back bound to it), and if we make it look a bit bulkier, then it will fit the stats very well

i just want to say that if we make the marionette crucified (put a massive cross on its back bound to it), and if we make it look a bit bulkier, then it will fit the stats very well
I agree. To those who dislike it because of Banette lookalike, that can be changed. I believe this concept is strongest.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
koa actually changed the original one so it DIDNT have a cross. we dont need any jesus pokemon, lest someone take offence

koa actually changed the original one so it DIDNT have a cross. we dont need any jesus pokemon, lest someone take offence
Also, that won't make the Banette evo look any more like it can kick and punch harder than a bee.

Either way, doesn't matter. Mummymon won. I wasn't part of the last Create a Pokemon, so what step is next? Abilities?

We face off Mr. Marionette vs. Mummymon. Mummymon didn't get a majority of the votes, and we want what a majority of the community wants. It sounds anal, it probably is anal, but it's the best way to assure we get what the community wants.

The Mummy has an 8 vote lead over the Marionette, and an 18 vote lead over the Djinn. That hardly definitive. Less than 5% more people voted for the Mummy>Marionette and less than 10% voted for Mummy>Djinn. But the Djinn is in third place, so we ax it and move on to a showdown of the top two.

"MUMRA, the Bad Guy pokemon. MUMRA is the archenemy of the THUNDERMEOWTHS."

Dark spirits! Rez plz.
Dear god, Viashino has been on FIRE today, I really cant stop laughing.

But to nicely nod to the ability comments, Sandstream -> Causes sandstorm, Sand Veil -> Grants sand immunity and some evasion during a sandstorm. Garchomp and Cacturne have sand Veil. Sand Veil is a fine ability, but is conditionally powerful.

This isn't to say I enjoy giving things a greater evasion, I just think, it fits flavor, doesn't give it one of the silly sandstorm + rock super boosts.

Still I personally think Dijin>Mummy>Puppet, and Tea&Blues and KOA both have some frighteningly good skills...but it looks like a clear showdown between the two.

I'd say your design was the one least likely to be transferable to pixel form though, it was big and clunky and had alot going on at once. I could compare it to Giratina.
Lol, no no and no again. My design was no more complicated than anyone elses. The most complicated part of it at least was the feathers on the head. The rest of it was rather empty in comparison.

KOA stuff and doug doug simple look better than other drawings.It is that simple.I look the art thread several times and i could not remember what your stuff look like so i went back and checked.My advice in the future if you present something present it like was the final product and that is me being nice.
Got any actual complaints rather than a random insult?
And anyway it was never stated at the beginning of the thread that pixel art would not be accepted.

if we go with the mummy i have a really weird, but good ability that would fit the mummy.

name:regenerate... or something along those lines
ability:this pokemon cannot be KO'd with a physical move

so the point of this is that you can kick the shit out of a mummy, but it just keeps coming back. usually in movies the mummys are prone to magic.
i think that this ability would make him a "forcing switcher".
it would go great with rocks and spikes. every time they try to hit you with a physical attack it would just leave them at 1 hp XD.
the only flaw with this ability is SR and spikes, but if he didnt have that weakness the ability would be extremely broken =/

what do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)