1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 7

Discussion in 'CAP Process Archive' started by Hyra, Feb 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nardd

nardd

snare bind and shed skin for me. Shed skin is always useful on a tank (like a psuedo natural cure) and snare bind is cool with that trapping move.
  2. Gothic Togekiss

Gothic Togekiss
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Old School Wrap foe disabling effect + New School Ability to use other moves after using said trapping move + Bulk Up(s)/Focus Punch/Whatever = &@$# but that's how I thought when I saw the ability and move.
  3. CardsOfTheHeart

CardsOfTheHeart

Looks like the ability is pretty much settled at this point. Now that the name is being discussed, I thought I'd throw out a few name ideas:

Mummight (Mummy + Might)

Mummulk (Mummy + Bulk)

Miitousen
    The reason I wanted to make this post, quite frankly. Miitousen is a combination of the Japanese words "miira" for mummy and "ikkitousen" for matchless (warrior) or mighty (fighter).

Miirasen (Another variation of the previous combination.)

Miiratou (ditto)

Mummior (Mummy + Warrior)

As much as I like Revenankh, the name may carry religious connotations with it. (Need I remind you of the "church" in Hearthrome City?)
  4. KoA

KoA The very best...
    is an Artist

I have an idea for a name I'm still trying to materialize, but I'll keep it "under wraps" for now.

lololol, I suck.
  5. Deucalion2

Deucalion2

Well, nobody agrees with me, so I'll through taste and decency out the window, and play around with word fusions. :(

Amunset - A fusion of Amun, the hidden god, and Set, god of evil.
    Sarcofight - A fusion of sarcophagus and fight.
    Fistalos - A fusion of fist, and talos, ancient egyptian for fist.
  6. Time Mage

Time Mage

Oh, I like this one. It's on of the very few names that doesn't scream "I'm composed of two words!" and sounds good.
  7. Sunday

Sunday God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Currently I really hope that the custom ability isn't chosen. It just screams "SHUCKLE ANALYSYS!", and by that I mean go the the Shuckle analysis and check out the final set, and set comments. It's a Wrap + Toxic set, and the only reason it's even on there is because it's the worst way to take down an opponent ever!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preferential_voting
    There's a whole section there about Australia because we're the ones who use it most lol.
  8. Deucalion2

Deucalion2

As a sidenote about Fistalos, Talos is also a Giant of the Sun in Greek mythoi, as well as the egyptian word for fist.
  9. nihilist

nihilist

Sand Veil
    Snare Trap
  10. Grawl

Grawl

Fistalos is pretty cool.

If Fistalos, Mumrath and Revenankh make it to the poll, I'm happy.
  11. Deucalion2

Deucalion2

Peramer (I'm sad that nobody else likes it), Houtaijin, Revenankh, Fistalos, Miirasen.

If those 5 make it to the Poll, I'll be happy. (They aren't in any particular order, they are just the 5 I like most)

As a side note, Revenankk is the only obvious fusion I like at all, because its at least slightly eh, I guess modest is the best word.

Scaroah and co. are just shouting "I wanna look hard!" to the world.
  12. chronostrike

chronostrike

I know this is a little late, but I only just thought of it. Is Mold Breaker an option? It would be like the mummy's curse.
  13. Zerix

Zerix

Shed Skin and Rough Skin
  14. Arzamo

Arzamo

The voting is already done. Shed Skin won.

Single ability, please!
  15. Grawl

Grawl

Oh wow, I totally didn't see last page oO

Yay for Shed Skin!

Also, I think that besides the abilities, there should also be the option of "no second ability" in the poll (If that was going to happen anyway, then nvm).
  16. Hyra

Hyra
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

This is a good idea, although I doubt that would win.

Anyways, the next four after Shed Skin are going to be on the poll for the second ability. For all those wishing for no Dry Skin, try to agree on something, but Dry Skin had a slight lead over the others. well, time to Copypasta this OP, but with less options.
  17. Luck

Luck

I am fine with Shed Skin.Dry Skin name and Fire weakness sound like the better fit to me(even though it recover health in water attacks).Functionally Shed skin may turn out worse in long run than Dry Skin.Shed Skin+Bulk up + Rest on something that is fair sturdy it should lead to some interesting stuff.
  18. ikke

ikke

something with stabb on both bolt and beam and high satk/speed would be nice :)
  19. tennisace

tennisace BAPBAPBAPBAPBAPBAP
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
    Twitter Head

just putting it here again
  20. Typhlosion009

Typhlosion009

Shed Skin and Insomnia.

I want this to be a good status taker.

EDIT: Woops, is voting already over? Damn, I missed out. Oh well.
  21. Dane

Dane

Part 2 of the voting, the more condensed voting, is in a new thread. Shed Skin is an in, with Insomnia being one of the choices for the secondary.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)