CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say Snare Trap and Sand Veil. There had to be one new ability, and Sand Veil was the second that seemes most appropriate. All other choices seem to not be reasonable.

Air Lock: How can this thing stop weather? I don't see how a mummy can.
Rough Skin: How can bandages be rough? It doesn't seem to make sense. Though it would be great with stats like this, it just doesn't make any sense.
Dry Skin: Bandages show the part about that, but since its dead, I don't think you would make it feel pain with fir or love water for that matter.
Immunity: Again, a more understandable ability, seeing as they're dead and dead cant "die" again. This ability though seems only useful once. Being a wall, it hates Toxic. Other than that, Sand Veil is a better choice.
Insomnia: Isn't a mummy supposed to be sleeping? THis totally contradicts that .
Shed Skin: Seeing the bandage motiff, this was my next choice after Sand Veil but I thought Sand Veil would be bettter considering it is a bulky Pokemon and doesn't want dying to passive damage. Status can be easily cured by Aromatherapists.

Sand Veil.
PLEASE NO. Tank/wall with free evasion and free damage on most enemies. Reminds me of that EEEVIL Dusclops (thankfully it's not fully evolved) in the Battle Tower that has Double Team. You finally manage to hit the thing once, but it keeps dodging stuff and by the time you FINALLY hit it again, its Leftovers have completely healed the first hit.

Anyone who has met that thing knows what I'm talking about.

Anyway, I'll vote for Snare Trap (or as someone suggested calling it, Entomb) and Shed Skin, although to be honest I don't think anyone would like the results if this thing tried to copy that Dusclops, since status is one of the only ways to kill that thing, and with Shed Skin, yeah.

Yikes, these Pokemon we've been making would be REALLY EVIL with CPU hax on their side, anyone noticed that?

Sand Veil and Drought: He is a mummy after all. Sand veil would give him sandstorm immunity, and drought, well, makes it into egypt!! It would work.

Yeah, Dry Skin or Shed Skin

you also can talk about Poison point for 1 reason- it's a corpse. Seeing as it's a dead thing, it obviously has some kind of toxicity within it's body..

DreadMewtwo- I've seen that Dusclops, and after it killed me the first time I met it, I know it's strategy... all you need is a Leech Seeder + Steel with Substitute.... there you go- it died... but Leech seed on turn 1/2 before it uses DT

Snare Trap / Sand veil
sand veil fits him well, since mummies are always in the desert.
snare trap because i feel it fits him, and i want a new ability.

dry skin doesnt fit him at all. i can understand a fire weak, but mummies arent really affected by the sun =/. he isnt a vampire.

also i feel that the stats dont fit him at all. mummies are frail, they dont take hits; also, they dont dish it out. usually mummies swarm people.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
to all of you people suggesting sand veil: its haxchomp 2.0
this thing has a bunch of resistances and 2 immunities to common attacking types. would you really like him to have a sub+brightpowder and keep using bulk up? thought not.

We could do Sand Veil if we didn't give it either a stat-upping move or Substitute, but Substitute will definitely need to be in its moveset because (nearly?) every Pokémon can learn it. I already voted, though.

Can I suggest some traits?

Paralyzing Fear
When Mummahos (made up name FTW) is in play, all pokémons are locked so they can only switch-out in the end of the turns.

This can be offensively useful for scoring a hit in pokémons before they run. It'll also defensively useful because you can send any pokémon after Mummahos, because Mummahos will take the hit. Very strategic, but maybe broken - can have sideeffects, though.
No effect on ghosts.
Logic: If you see a ghost mummy, you can have 2 reasons. The first one, you get paralyzed of fear.

Get Out
When Mummahos is sent in, the opponent's pokémon automaticly returns - like a Roar. It's not broken and can be very useful for breaking setups, batom pass teams etc. etc. Very strategic.
Logic: The second one... you run of fear.

Apparition
The opponent pokémon can't attack the turn Mummahos is sent in. Not so strategic but welcome and far from broken.
Logic: read paralyzing fear.

Elder Curse
Every turn Mummahos is in play, the opponent's pokémon looses life. Pretty basic.
Logic: egypcian curse stuff.

Leach Touch / Death Touch
Every contact attack used by Mummahos acts like a life-draining attack (eg giga drain). Kinda strategic, can be used to make Mummahos the "survivest" wall of all.
Logic: not a vampire but mummies steal lifes too.
/\ comments, please ^^
Likers, dislikers?

/\ comments, please ^^
Likers, dislikers?
Get out and apparition are absurdly overpowered. Paralyzing fear is actually kind of interesting but it'd be far better on another pokemon, this is a tank, not a trapper. Elder curse and Leech touch are alright, but not particularly interesting and it'd be extra work to program them.

edit: Actually, elder curse probably would be overpowered given the viability of a sub/protect set

Bah everything new is overpowered before actually testing it and realizing it's not. Elder Curse is so overpowered as sandstorm or hail. Even if it's 12% it'll not be so strong.

Get Out can be high priority if species clause is used and only Mummahos have it. Otherwise, no.

Get Out is insanely broken beyond all measures of brokeness known to men with broken legs. It's essentially a Whirlwind with unlimited pp that always goes first. The only "weakness" is that you can only do it every other turn.

The thing about Sandstorm and Hail is that they can potentially hurt your pokemon and your opponent may have pokes that are immune to it.

Good Point scar but some of naturally overpowering but that's what most people say.

WindScar said:
Paralyzing Fear
When Mummahos (made up name FTW) is in play, all pokémons are locked so they can only switch-out in the end of the turns.

This can be offensively useful for scoring a hit in pokémons before they run. It'll also defensively useful because you can send any pokémon after Mummahos, because Mummahos will take the hit. Very strategic, but maybe broken - can have side effects, though.
No effect on ghosts.
Logic: If you see a ghost mummy, you can have 2 reasons. The first one, you get paralyzed with fear.
I just noticed that the wording there make no sense if you're basing the ability's logic on it's paralyzing it's foe in fear. I mean, shouldn't it only affect the opponent?

A better name might be Time Sink. Our Mummy is probably going to be a trapper, though, since it'll most likely learn Mean Look and (probably) Bulk Up.

EDIT: And while we're talking about names, I'd like to throw Mumrath into the ring.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Can I suggest some traits?

Paralyzing Fear

This can be offensively useful for scoring a hit on pokémon before they run. It'll also defensively useful because you can send any pokémon after Mummahos, because Mummahos will take the hit. Very strategic, but maybe broken - can have sideeffects, though.
No effect on ghosts.
Logic: If you see a ghost mummy, you can have 2 reasons. The first one, you get paralyzed of fear.

You mean watered down Shadow Tag? Still Broken.

Get Out
When Mummahos is sent in, the opponent's pokémon automaticly returns - like a Roar. It's not broken and can be very useful for breaking setups, batom pass teams etc. etc. Very strategic.
Logic: The second one... you run of fear.

Broken. You set up Spikes/SR and your opponent dies due to passive damage. Actually, I remember DJD saying he was going to give Luvdisc something like this on his server, and it would say All Your Bases Do Belong To Us... or not.

Apparition
The opponent pokémon can't attack the turn Mummahos is sent in. Not so strategic but welcome and far from broken.
Logic: read paralyzing fear.

Logic: Broken. Why you ask? If you predict a switch to this, and try to attack, you can't and Mummyguy gets a free switch-in. YAY!

Elder Curse
Every turn Mummahos is in play, the opponent's pokémon loses life. Pretty basic.
Logic: egypcian curse stuff.

Errrr...Broken...but not as broken as this one\/\/

Leech Touch / Death Touch
Every contact attack used by Mummahos acts like a life-draining attack (eg giga drain). Kinda strategic, can be used to make Mummahos the "survivest" wall of all.
Logic: not a vampire but mummies steal lifes too.

What the hell is a surviviest wall? Do we even want one? Umm this is quite broken, seeing as mummyguy is a physical tank (Read: USES ALL PHYSICAL ATTACKS). So you basically kill something and heal yourself at the same time. No thanks. People suggesting Sand Veil is enough, thank you very much.
Yeah....no.

Exactly how many Physical Fighting-type moves aren't contact, pray tell?

@Dane: I love that name. Once he gets up on Doug's server, I am totally nicknaming mine "Bandage Person". Fuck yeah.

I already voted, but while we're naming names, I'd like to propose Macabrawl.
It was the name I gave to my own design, which didn't make it to the poll. :'(
Btw, it's a combination of:
-macabre
(disturbing and horrifying because of involvement with or depiction of death and injury)
and
-brawl
(to fight)

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
From Page 12 of the first thread, for my ability ideas:
Any Ghost: Clear Body, Filter, Frisk, Intimidate, Magic Guard, Mold Breaker, Poison Heal, Serene Grace, Shield Dust, Sniper, Synchronize, Technician, Trace
Ghost/Fighting: Adaptability, Anger Point, Huge Power, Iron Fist, No Guard, Pure Power, Scrappy

Given: Air Lock, Dry Skin, Immunity, Insomnia, Rough Skin, Sand Veil, Shed Skin, Synchronize, "Snare Trap".

Huh. Well, the only one I predicted was Synchronize. Will post my vote after I work things out.

I would have really enjoyed seeing Anger Point, Filter, Scrappy, or Sniper as options, but... that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)