Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Um... To those still voting:

Anyways, voting is closed now.
Anyways:

Melon said:
Sandstorm teams? Gone.
This is probably the one I'd disagree with. Sandstorm gives a boost in Special Defense; one that our Pokemon likely won't be exploiting the loss of. In most concerns, it's pretty much like they're fighting a physical Swampert.

Darkflagrance said:
This is the point I was intending to make before. For me, the problem with Air Lock is not the effect but the name, and thus to use Air Lock as the second trait would not for me fit the flavor of the pokemon.
That your problem? Change Air Lock to a more fitting name. Heaven knows, they did it for Golduck. I think there have already been suggestions.

I just want to point out a few things:

* Mummy doesn't ruin Hail any more than Tar, likewise for SS and Aboma.
* Air Lock only lasts as long as Mummy is out, so all it means is that wather teams would need a Mummy counter. Not too outrageous imo.
* I would think it diversifies the metagame, as it would be the only answer to Weather that doesn't create a new Weather.

---

Overall, though, I think we really need to move on. Honestly, Hyra, being a mini-mod comes with a few duties, and I think making gut calls like this is one of them. In my opinion, make a choice, and let's not stall the process.
I think a lot of people are voting no ability thinking that Air Lock removes weather permanently, or at least the most vocal detractors are. This makes me assume your votes are based on false pretenses, and makes me more likely to go with an executive decision.

But I won't. Although Eric the Espeon has apparently disappeared, I'm going to take his advice and do another poll. Yes, I know he will say this because he supports the polls completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)