CAP 2 Smogon "Create A Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 9

What should the name of our new Pokemon be?

• Revenakh

Votes: 86 44.1%
  • Peramer

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Houtaijin

Votes: 12 6.2%
  • Fistalos (Phistalos)

Votes: 22 11.3%
  • Mumrath

Votes: 38 19.5%
  • Miitousen

Votes: 8 4.1%
  • Miirasen

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Sansorgan

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Mumiyah

Votes: 18 9.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless I counted wrong, the score is:
Thunderpunch |||| No Thunderpunch
........16........//\\............24..........

Thunderpunch. There's not really a reason to not give it Tpunch. Ice Punch hits fliers, Power Whip hits waters. Unless it's for a flavor-reason (which there isn't), at least throw it on for the status potential.

I voted Mumrath, though it probably won't win. I understand the reasoning behind Revenakh, but honestly, how many grade schoolers are going to know what both "revenant" and "ankh" mean? Better to go with the obvious "mummy" and "wrath" if you ask me.

I voted Mumrath, though it probably won't win. I understand the reasoning behind Revenakh, but honestly, how many grade schoolers are going to know what both "revenant" and "ankh" mean? Better to go with the obvious "mummy" and "wrath" if you ask me.
How many grade schoolers are going to know what a Rayquaza is, or a Pikachu?

I did, but only because of the superhero by the same name who I looked up years ago. Otherwise, exactly. Nintendo uses some obscure stuff to pull names from.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Now, how many of you even knew what a freaking Quasar was before clicking the link?
urm.. me its a quasi stellar object. it emits large amounts or radio waves. i have not clicked the link.

Mumirath makes sense, but the other names will confuse people.

And i think it needs Thunderpunch, if Dusky got its elemental punches so does Mumirath.

No Thunder Punch (Opposite of what I said in previous threads, but it's move pool is looking plenty big.)

Also, Hyra, I thought we were getting rid of Giga Drain. But you still have it listed under HM/TMs #19.

I think Ice Punch should be a egg move and not a level-up move. I know it has a lot of egg moves already, so maybe hit rid of Memento/Nightshade/Force Palm.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Going off on obscure names, I doubt many kids know what the meaning of the Ralts Family's names. .--.

Going off on obscure names, I doubt many kids know what the meaning of the Ralts Family's names. .--.
Ralts: Mostly a play on word of "waltz"

Kirlia: Kirlian photography

Gardevoir: garde(Guard) and devoir(to be required to) or "required guardian"

Need to stop reading Wikipedia sites and people need to stop asking those kind of question.

hey guys is it a little too late to post my art...

anyways, here's my sketch that you might want to consider:

I'm sorry if my post is unnecessary

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I think a fair number of people can recognize the word ankh. But that may just be around my neighborhood.

Seriously, though, more obscure things out there. It'd be difficult to guess what a Yanma would be if you had no knowledge of Pokemon.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Thunder Punch. Im not explicitly against it, but it wouldnt be on every moveset. I voted Revenankh, just because.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)