CAP 2 Smogon "Create A Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 9

What should the name of our new Pokemon be?

• Revenakh

Votes: 86 44.1%
  • Peramer

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Houtaijin

Votes: 12 6.2%
  • Fistalos (Phistalos)

Votes: 22 11.3%
  • Mumrath

Votes: 38 19.5%
  • Miitousen

Votes: 8 4.1%
  • Miirasen

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Sansorgan

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Mumiyah

Votes: 18 9.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the optimal maximum defense spreads for Revenankh: (Thank you yet again, X-Act!)

w/o Bulk Up: Careful 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD OR Impish 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD

w/ Bulk Up: Careful 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD

Obviously Atk EVs needed for key OHKOs will have to be evaluated as well, and these spreads should be adjusted accordingly.

Good luck with a Nasty Plot/specs set. This thing's special movepool is the definition of shallow. Nasty Plot/Shadow Ball/Focus Blast/Rest\Moonlight

Good luck with a Nasty Plot/specs set. This thing's special movepool is the definition of shallow. Nasty Plot/Shadow Ball/Focus Blast/Rest\Moonlight
I, for one, would gladly take that for a Nasty Plot set.

As for Specs, Revenankh also has... Dark Pulse and... um... Glare/a Hidden Power of your choice. Yeah, that is shallow. ><

Wow...this thing is a lot weaker than I thought without any attack EVs but since it's going to be Bulk up-ing most of the time, I don't see a huge problem. Some of the damage calc are...well interesting.

I, for one, would gladly take that for a Nasty Plot set.

As for Specs, Revenankh also has... Dark Pulse and... um... Glare/a Hidden Power of your choice. Yeah, that is shallow. ><
It had more, but everyone was like "NO! TOO MANY FILLER SPECIAL MOVES!" So, I removed them. Anyways, can this even 2HKO Blissey after Stat-upping on the special side?

And thank you to those posting Dex Entries, I need alot of those before we can do the next poll.

Sunday, I would make note of using Shadow Sneak with Hammer Arm on the Bulk Up set, as the priority after speed drops will be fun and still strong. Also allows for killing frail Psychics.

It had more, but everyone was like "NO! TOO MANY FILLER SPECIAL MOVES!" So, I removed them.

Not that I'm complaining.

Anyways, can this even 2HKO Blissey after Stat-upping on the special side?
With one Nasty Plot, Life Orb, no EVs, and a neutral nature, standard 148 HP Blissey is guaranteed to be 2HKO'd by Focus Blast, yes. (That's like a... 49% chance. ><)

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for those EVs X-Act/CotH! Makes my job a lot easier. Anyway I'm working on an analysis draft as we speak. Well, If I can tear my eyes away from Apollo Justice...

Sunday

Need some more help with the EVs.

All comments appreciated; if you're going to Ctrl-c Ctrl-v this and make edits please make all of your edits in bold so that they can be properly evaluated. This is not an edit free for all. I can not stress this enough.

[SET]
name: Bulk Up
move 1: Bulk Up
move 2: Shadow Punch / Shadow Sneak
move 3: Hammer Arm
move 4: Moonlight
item: Leftovers
ability: Air Lock
nature: Careful
evs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
Ravenankh can easily come in on it's many resists and immunities, and this takes advantage of the switches it causes. Bulk Up makes it all but impregnable to Physical Attacks, as well as boosting it's attack to make it a greater threat. Two of the best STABs in the game, Fighting and Ghost, hit everything in the game for at least nuetral, so it is advised to stick to these moves for offence. Moonlight heals a guaranteed 50% regardless of Weather conditions thanks to Air Lock. Keep in mind that when Ravenankh is removed from play the pervious weather conditions continues.

Moonlight and Air Lock could be switched to Rest and Shed Skin if you wanted some defence from Status conditions. The disadvantages of this are the possible turns spent sleeping allowing an opponent to stat up on you, forcing you to switch and lost your Bulk Ups.

[SET]
name: Rest
move 1: Rest
move 2: Shadow Punch
move 4: Ice Punch / Knock Off
ability: Shed Skin
evs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
This set has advantages over the Bulk Up set in the extra move slot, and that Shed Skin has a 1/3 chance of healing status each turn, meaning Rest has a good chance of not lasting the full two turns. STAB again provides a reasonable form of offence, even without stat upping. The final move can either be Ice Punch to deal with Dragons or Knock Off to provide team support. Knock Off also helps this less durable Ravanankh against Choice wielders, by crippling them of their much needed Item. Sleep Talk is not recommended in the final spot mainly thanks to Shed Skin, and as the extra moveslot if a critical advantage this set has over the Bulk Up set.

[SET]
name: Choice
move 1: Shadow Punch
move 2: Mach Punch / Brick Break
move 3: Ice Punch
move 4: Earthquake
item: Choice Band / Choice Scarf
nature: Adamant / Jolly
evs: 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
A generic Choice set. Hammer Arm is no longer an option as it's Speed Drop is unwelcome, so the less powerful Brick Break is present. If you are running a Choice Band then Mach Punch becomes the preferable Fighting STAB, as it's priority becomes a great asset on such a slow Pokemon. Ice Punch covers Dragons, and Earthquake picks off other opponents such as Heatran and other Steels. The options on the left side should be paired with a Choice Band, and the rightmost options with a Scarf.

Note to Self: Do more research on Speed Tiers, and how many Speed EVs can be sacrificed into Hp.

[SET]
name: Nasty Plot
move 1: Nasty Plot
move 2: Focus Blast
move 3: Shadow Ball
nature: Modest
evs: Help ^_^. 252 Satk / ???

[SET COMMENTS]
A nasty surprise for some of Ravenankh's counters, but ultimately inferior to the other sets it has available. After a Nasty Plot Focus Blast is a 2HKO against Blissey, and Shadow Ball will help you dish out decent damage against everything else. The main problem with this set is it relies on the same type moves as every previous set, and is thus walled by roughly the same things.

Counters, opinion and other stuff will come tomorow, for now I need sleep.

Here's my dex entry:

According to legends, a REVENANKH is born on the first full moon of a leap year. An invisible manifestation, it uses bandages to assume the shape of the first object or person it sees.

Sunday, all I can find that I don't like are some nitpicky spelling and grammar errors.

1) first paragraph towards the end, you switched a letter or two in "previous"

2) Last sentence of the Rest set says "if a critical..." I think "if" should become "is"

3) I don't know if you planned on this, but I would place Power Whip and Shadow Sneak under either "Other Options" or Set Comments for the Choice set.

Great job those are very well written.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
By Lord Sunday (removed
stuff cos i find it harder to read)

[SET]
move 4: Moonlight / Rest (i dont see why BU wants LockLight>ShedRest)
ability: Air Lock / Shed Skin
evs: Careful 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD as you have bulk up you will want a higher sp. defence.
[SET COMMENTS]
Revenankh can easily come in on it's many resists and immunities, and this takes advantage of the switches it causes. After a Bulk Up or two it is all but impregnable to Physical Attacks, and has a decent attack stat. It has two of the best STABs in the game; Fighting and Ghost, they hit everything in the game for at least normal damage, so it is advisable to stick to these moves for offence.

[SET]
name: 3 attacks tank
move 1: Rest / Moonlight
move 4: Ice Punch / Knock Off / Power Whip
item: Leftovers / Life Orb
ability: Shed Skin / Air Lock
evs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD this set lacks bulk up, so more defense is useful. However i will look for a better ev spread, with more attack.

[SET COMMENTS]
This set has advantages over the Bulk Up set in the extra move slot giveing it much better coverage against bulky oponents that it canot hit super effective with its STAB attacks. Its STAB attacks again provides a reasonable form of offence, even without stat upping. The final move could be Ice Punch to deal with Dragons, Knock Off to provide team support and help this less durable Revanankh against Choice and Life Orb wielders, by geting rid of their much needed Item. Power Whip is your best chance against bulky grounds and waters, this set can afford a miss now and then. Life Orb can be used over Leftovers to compensate for not having a way to boost attack, however you will be forced to heal more often so is a risky option. Sleep Talk is not recommended in the final spot, even with rest as thanks to Shed Skin you may wake up as you use Sleep Talk, and the extra moveslot is the critical advantage this set has over the Bulk Up set.

I think the choice sets should be separated, CB will not want much speed, 65 base is not worth investing in without a scarf, and the HP will help it switch in.

[SET]
name: Choice Band
move 1: Shadow Punch / Shadow Sneak
move 2: Hammer Arm / Mach Punch
move 4: Power Whip / Thunderpunch (if available) / Rock Slide
item: Choice Band
nature: Adamant
evs: 252 Hp / 252 Atk / 4 Defense

[SET COMMENTS]
With a Choice Band it has a respectable attack, combine this with powerful unresisted STAB's and you have yourself a decent sweeper. Shed Skin means that a Burn or Sleep that would cripple many other sweepers may not last long. Hammer Arm has a much higher base power than Mach Punch, but as this has low speed Mach Punch's priority will come in handy, the same goes for Shadow Punch V Shadow Sneak but with a smaller power difference. Ice Punch will KO the Dragons, hurt flyers and has good coverage.
Power Whip is a great option for slot 4, its 120 base power and ability to hit bulky waters and grounds super effective is brilliant, however its 85% accuracy could be annoying.
If Thunderpunch is available it would be a decent option for slot 4 to hit flyers with a second type that resists ice (Mostly Skarmory), bulky waters, and Gyrados.
Rock Slide is a, mostly worse, alternative to Thunderpunch that hits some flyers harder than Ice or Thunderpunch.
Pursuit could be used, however the Pokemon you would normally hit hard with it (Psychics, Ghosts) you dont want to switch into.
Earthquake is a good attack but most of the things it hits are weak to Fighting (Steel, Rock) and they have the same most common resist: Flying. And as Fighting moves get STAB, EQ can be dropped.

name: Choice Scarf
move 2: Brick Break
move 4: Power Whip / Thunderpunch (if available) / Rock Slide
item: Choice Scarf
nature: Jolly
evs: 12 Hp / 252 Atk / 244 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
A generic Choice Scarf set, this reaches 373 speed outspeeding + nature base 120's maxing out speed will only help in mirror matches, and Pokemon with odd Ev spreads. Hammer Arm is no longer an option as it's Speed Drop is unwelcome, so the less powerful Brick Break is present. Ice Punch covers Dragons, and the options for the last slot are the same as for the CB set.

[SET]
name: Nasty Plot
move 1: Nasty Plot
move 2: Focus Blast
move 3: Shadow Ball
move 4: Moonlight / Rest
nature: Modest
evs: 252 HP / 252 Satk / 4 Defense

[SET COMMENTS]
A nasty surprise for some of Revenankh's counters, but ultimately inferior to the other sets it has available. After a Nasty Plot Focus Blast is a 2HKO against Blissey but with its bad accuracy means that you will only 2KO 49% of the time, Shadow Ball will help you dish out decent damage against everything else. The main problem with this set is it relies on the same type moves as every previous set, and is thus walled by roughly the same things, its other problem is that its Sp. Attack is also extremely low, a mere base 65 so without hiting Super effective it will not be KOing bulky oponents even after a Nasty Plot.

name: Mean Look Staller
move 1: Mean Look
move 2: Toxic
move 3: Spite
move 4: Rest

A bit of a gimick, but it could work. Mean Look something that trys to wall you as it switches in, then Toxic it and stall it out with ShedRest, if it has rest to rid itself of Toxic you can Spite away Rests PP. ShedRest is better than LockLight here, as you will want to be able to avoid oposing Toxics. If your oponent brings in a Steel or Poison you can ether try to PP stall them with spite, or switch out.

name: SubPuncher
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Focus Punch
move 3: Shadow Punch / Shadow Sneak
evs: 252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Defense

The power behind Focus punch is great and Revenankh is bulky enough to pull it off, but Bulk Up is a better stratergy overall. However SubPunch does have some advantges, namely the ability to run LockLight and have some protection from status, and the ability to hit hard before setting up.

ShedRest V LockLight

On many of the sets a recovery move is wanted, however unlike most pokemon that have only one viable option, Revenankh has two. Air Lock + Moonlight works like recover as it gives you a instant 50% recovery, even in a Sandstorm, however status will hurt you much more. Shed Skin + Rest lets it handle status without problems, but has a risk of leting an oponent set up on you while you sleep.

Shed Skin + Rest chances of wakeing up:
30% chance of waking up at the turn it uses Rest

21% chance of waking up after the first "fast asleep"
14.7% chance of waking up after the second "fast asleep"
34.3% chance of Resting normally

The difference between the third and the fourth option is that in the latter option he is still asleep at the end of the second "fast asleep" turn and in the other case he will awake then, which only matters for status absorbing on the very next one.

nice writeing Lord Sunday

also:WOOOOHOOO 1000th post!!

Shed Skin + Rest maths (overall chances):

The difference between the third and the fourth option is that in the latter option he is still asleep at the end of the second "fast asleep" turn and in the other case he will awake then, which matters for status absorbing on the very next one, I guess.

Anyway, effectively a 51% chance that he wakes up significantly earlier than with a normal Rest seems nothing to sneeze at for me.

Choice Scarf should just max out Speed, the 2 extra points in HP aren't going to help nearly as much as the tie in Spd against things equally fast...although I don't think that set is going to work very well. It just seems like the ultimate Bulk Upper (as it was intended to).

Force Palm is clearly to Hammer Arm on this thing what Body Slam is to Return on Snorlax, except the power difference is a little greater (40 rather than 27, and it's more significant than, say, a base stat difference). However, it does allow it to actually outspeed things rather than make it even harder for its low base Spd to outspeed anything.

Also, for the argument "this thing doesn't need Thunderpunch, it has a perfect offensive combination already", what you're essentially saying is that it will hardly compliment his usefulness, so adding it cannot hurt. What it does do is provide it with an alternative attack as a surprise for Gyarados (and Skarmory I guess, but it'll take several Bulk Ups to do it).

This thing needs only 44 Spd EVs to hit 177 which outspeeds 0 Spd EVs Skarmory, which it can then Taunt to prevent it from doing anything (if it's slower, it can Taunt Whirlwind, but not the dozens of Spikes or perhaps Toxic). You also stop it from Roosting off damage.

I really think you should layout the analysis like this:

- Shed Skin / Rest / Bulk Up
- A more offensive set (Speed EVs, I'd try and use Substitute or Taunt in this one)

Everything else is more novelty in my opinion, but if you find Other Options too big I would add a Choice set (just one, with both Choice items in there) and perhaps Nasty Plot. And I would leave it at that.

Dex entry:

"REVENANKH train constantly whilst locked away in their tombs. By the time they emerge every 10 years, they are immensley strong."

tried to get a link into the fighting type/bulk up aspect of it, instead of it just being a ghost.

eric the espeon

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Shed Skin + Rest maths (overall chances):

The difference between the third and the fourth option is that in the latter option he is still asleep at the end of the second "fast asleep" turn and in the other case he will awake then, which matters for status absorbing on the very next one, I guess.

Anyway, effectively a 51% chance that he wakes up significantly earlier than with a normal Rest seems nothing to sneeze at for me.
great, That could go in ShedRest V LockLight.

Choice Scarf should just max out Speed, the 2 extra points in HP aren't going to help nearly as much as the tie in Spd against things equally fast...although I don't think that set is going to work very well. It just seems like the ultimate Bulk Upper (as it was intended to).
i was aiming to list any set that may work, not those that its best at. but yes i will change the evs.

Force Palm is clearly to Hammer Arm on this thing what Body Slam is to Return on Snorlax, except the power difference is a little greater (40 rather than 27, and it's more significant than, say, a base stat difference). However, it does allow it to actually outspeed things rather than make it even harder for its low base Spd to outspeed anything.
i think a mention on other options would be good, but 40 base power is a lot to lose on your main STAB attack.

Also, for the argument "this thing doesn't need Thunderpunch, it has a perfect offensive combination already", what you're essentially saying is that it will hardly compliment his usefulness, so adding it cannot hurt. What it does do is provide it with an alternative attack as a surprise for Gyarados (and Skarmory I guess, but it'll take several Bulk Ups to do it).
agreed. also i just thought that STAB Hammer Arm is better than SE Thunderpunch, editing the sets.

This thing needs only 44 Spd EVs to hit 177 which outspeeds 0 Spd EVs Skarmory, which it can then Taunt to prevent it from doing anything (if it's slower, it can Taunt Whirlwind, but not the dozens of Spikes or perhaps Toxic). You also stop it from Roosting off damage.
that is useful, i will put a taunt set in. i will use 48 ev's to beat 4 speed skarm though.
Edit: Skarm has Brave Bird/Drill Peck and great defence, even if you outspeed it and have taunt you should switch out, unless you have a Bulk up, and then you would have to sacrifice your healing move for taunt. not worth it IMO.

I really think you should layout the analysis like this:

- Shed Skin / Rest / Bulk Up
- A more offensive set (Speed EVs, I'd try and use Substitute or Taunt in this one)

Everything else is more novelty in my opinion, but if you find Other Options too big I would add a Choice set (just one, with both Choice items in there) and perhaps Nasty Plot. And I would leave it at that.
i realy think the novelty sets should be added, if it can work why not say it? I say list the better sets at the start and people can read as much as they like if its too long. Also the two choice sets are VERY diferent, trying to put them on the same set is a bad idea.

also can someone work out which egg moves are iligal together?

Sunday

Sorry Eric, but based on previous performance and the quality of the sugestions themselves I'm going to have to go mekkahs sugestions > your sugestions where they conflicted.

[SET]
move 4: Moonlight / Rest
evs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
Ravenankh can easily come in on it's many resists and immunities, and this takes advantage of the switches it causes. Bulk Up makes it all but impregnable to Physical Attacks, as well as boosting it's already decent attack stat to make it an even greater threat. It has two of the best STABs in the game, Fighting and Ghost, that hit everything for at least nuetral, thus it is advised to stick to these moves for offence. Moonlight heals a guaranteed 50% regardless of Weather conditions thanks to Air Lock. Keep in mind that when Ravenankh is removed from play the pervious weather continues.

Moonlight and Air Lock could be switched to Rest and Shed Skin if you wanted some defence from Status conditions. The disadvantages of this are the possible turns spent sleeping allowing an opponent to stat up on you, forcing you to switch and lose your Bulk Ups.

[SET]
name: Three Attacks
move 1: Rest / Moonlight
move 2: Shadow Punch
move 4: Ice Punch / Knock Off / Taunt
ability: Shed Skin / Air Lock

[SET COMMENTS]
This set has advantages over the Bulk Up set in the extra move slot, giving much better coverage and making it more of a immediate threat. STAB again provides a reasonable form of offence, even without stat upping. The final move can either be Ice Punch to deal with Dragons or Knock Off to provide team support. Knock Off also helps this less durable Ravanankh against Choice wielders, by crippling them of their much needed Item. reSTalking is not recommended in the final spot mainly thanks to Shed Skin, and as the extra moveslot if a critical advantage this set has over the Bulk Up set.

[SET]
name: Choice
move 2: Mach Punch / Brick Break
move 4: Earthquake / Thunder Punch
item: Choice Band / Choice Scarf
nature: Adamant / Jolly
evs: 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
A generic Choice set. Hammer Arm is no longer an option as it's Speed Drop is unwelcome, so the less powerful Brick Break is present. If you are running a Choice Band then Mach Punch becomes the preferable Fighting STAB, as it's priority becomes a great asset on such a slow Pokemon. Ice Punch covers Dragons, and Earthquake picks off other opponents such as Heatran and other Steels. Thunder Punch is also an option for unparalleled coverage with both Fight+Ghost and BoltBeam. The options on the left side should be paired with a Choice Band, and the rightmost options with a Scarf. The main advantaage Ravenankh has against other Choice Pokemon is that Shed Skin means Status no longer permanantly cripples it.

[Other Options]
Ravenankh has access to Nasty Plot to boost it's Special Attack, but the offencive options on this side of the spectrum are so meager it's not really worth it. Sleep Talk can be used on any set that includes Rest, but with Shed Skin Ravanankh has a 51% chance of waking up early so at times won't see much use. Taunt can be used to stop enemy tanks and stat-uppers in thier tracks. Substitute and Focus Punch can be used if you want an alternate way to protect yourself from status, but it sapd Ravanankh of the HP it so dearly relies on. On the plus sude it's Substitutes can not be broken by Seismic Toss.

[EVs]
When using Bulk Up Sdef should be a proirity. Careful, 252 Hp EVs and 136 Sdef EVs should provide you with aqequate coverage. On any other defencive set more EVs should be invested into Def. 44 Speed EVs can be invested to outspeed 0 EV Skarmory, which can be useful to Taunt it before it can set up, but Ravenankh can't do much in return without Bulk Up and Thunder Punch. Offencive sets should just max Speed and their Attack of choice.

[Opinion]
Ravenankh is a very solid choice as a tank. Two excelent forms of healing, the best STABs in the game, and the ability to boost both it's offence and it's defence at the same time with Bulk Up makes it a formidable opponent if not dealt with swiftly. If Ravanankh is not carrying Bulk Up it is signifigantly less threatening in the long run, but short term could easily cripple most Pokemon with Knock Off or get an unexpected kill with Ice Punch or Thunder Punch. Choice sets have the ability to land a few surprise kills, but as with all Choice sets require perfect prediction to work effectivly. Mean Look can be used to trap Pokemon but Ravanankh can do little to them other then Toxic or Bulk Up against them.

[Counters]
Feel free to make sugestions, I'm thinking Spiritomb at this stage. Need ideas for others.

The EVs on the Bulk Up and Three Attacks sets will have to be switched. The Bulk Up set has the optimum Defense EVs WITHOUT Bulk Up itself. EDIT: Fixed

Someone should also check how much standard Cresselia takes from Shadow Punch and see if her Psychic will be a threat. At a glance it looks like a possibility.

EDIT: Okay, doing a little more investigating into possible EVs, these figures came up:

Careful Revenankh needs 128 Atk EVs to always OHKO standard Bold 148 HP/252 Def Blissey with Hammer Arm after a Bulk Up. Otherwise, Hammer Arm is always a 2HKO.

Alternatively, Careful Revenankh needs 160 Spe EVs to outrun 4 Spe Blissey after a Hammer Arm.

Those should be right unless I screwed up somewhere. Being a little short of sleep (like I always am, it seems), that's certainly possible.

I don't have time right now to do so, but I would advise reading it backwards to catch the spelling errors like "pervious" where fast typing has letters switched.

eric the espeon

Sorry Eric, but based on previous performance and the quality of the sugestions themselves I'm going to have to go mekkahs sugestions > your sugestions where they conflicted.
ok i did some bad edits last time, i rushed, but i did work hard on this one and i think its much better. Maybe i did too many with the MeanLookStaller and SubPuncher, i was just trying to look at all this things options.

Moonlight heals a guaranteed 50% regardless of Weather conditions thanks to Air Lock. Keep in mind that when Ravenankh is removed from play the pervious weather continues.

Moonlight and Air Lock could be switched to Rest and Shed Skin if you wanted some defence from Status conditions. The disadvantages of this are the possible turns spent sleeping allowing an opponent to stat up on you, forcing you to switch and lose your Bulk Ups.
this is unecisey if you put in my LockLight V ShedRest. please do.

What is wrong with Power Whip (gives you coverage against bulky waters and grounds) and Life Orb (its a more offencive set, and it can heal off the damage) as options on the 3 attacks set? also what would taunt help you with if you dont put the 48 speed ev's to beat skarm? even if you do STAB Brave Bird will force you to switch.

as for the Choice set ARGG
CB and CS sets want:

1. Diferent evs: CB would benifit MUCH more from haveing some bulk than outspeedins a few walls, 65 base speed is not worth investing much in. CS does want speed, max speed.

2. Different attacks: CB can run Hammer Arm and not mind the speed drop, it likes the priority from Shadow sneak and Mach punch. CS set will hate the speed drop, and the prioriy will not help it much.

3. Different Nature: CS wants Jolly to beat + nature 120's, CB will want to have Adamant.

4. Different item: well everytimg that makes a set a set is diferent, exept nature. Please, Please dont try to fit them together.

But anyway CS is not a very good option (agreeing with mekkah) so i advise makeing a pure CB set and mentioning CS in other options.
also Why no Power Whip? its one of his best attacks.

EQ is not a good attack on this thing.
Earthquake is a good attack but most of the things it hits are weak to Fighting (Steel, Rock) and they have the same most common resist: Flying. And as Fighting moves get STAB, EQ can be dropped.
It is the same with machamp, read about it. Fighting types with a good STAB attack dont use EQ. What Heatran will survive a STAB Hammer Arm?

As for counters i think Skarmory, Hippwodon, (wo PWhip) Suicune (wo PWhip), Bronzong, Slowbro (wo PWhip) should do pretty well.
maybe... Donphan (wo PWhip), Cressy (depending on how much Shadow Punch does), Tangrowth, Gyrados (wo TPunch), Straptor (if you can predict it in), Togekiss (if you can predict it in), might work.

Interesting 3/5 of its best counters dont like Power Whip

Just wanted to point out that 224 EVs and Jolly outspeeds max speed Ttar.
After max HP, the next best Lefties number is 188, which is useful for non-bulk up attacking sets I suppose...

eric the espeon

Just wanted to point out that 224 EVs and Jolly outspeeds max speed Ttar.
ok, i suppose you could run that on say the CB set, but is reaching 245 worth sacrificeing 56 HP and the nature boost to attack? i think few will chose it. Maybe a mention in Other Options though?

After max HP, the next best Lefties number is 188, which is useful for non-bulk up attacking sets I suppose...
so max HP is a leftys number huh... the sets you are talking about would prefer to drop some defense/Sp. defense evs, as HP is more important.

Someone should also check how much standard Cresselia takes from Shadow Punch and see if her Psychic will be a threat. At a glance it looks like a possibility.
0 atk Revenankh using Shadow Punch on a 32/252 hp/def Cressy
Damage: 122 - 144
Damage: 31.36% - 37.02%

Same Mummy against a 252/108 Cressy
Damage: 136 - 160
Damage: 30.63% - 36.04%

Modest, 224 SpA'd Cressy using Psychic on a 252/136 Hp/SpD mummy
Damage: 166 - 195
Damage: 54.61% - 64.14%

Timid 252 SpA'd Cressy on same mummy
Damage: 156 - 183
Damage: 51.32% - 60.20%

Slight problem with the Cressy vs Mummy numbers, there's no pokemon already in existant that have 90 HP and 110 SpD that is weak to Psychic attacks so they're off by alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)