CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Stare at the sprites and compare them* You know, Bannette does have this Lei-Lei feel to it, an evolution based off her in style and etc could work.

Bull of Heaven

I think I need to bring this up again. The fact that so many pokemon need evolutions is exactly why we should not make them. Once we start, either people will be disappointed that we didn't make evolution x for pokemon y, or we'll be creating too many evos and not enough original pokemon.

We should focus on original ideas, and leave the existing pokemon for Nintendo to deal with.

Hyra, I voted back on page 7, so don't count the bold part as a vote.

Why not just make a new poke line that is ghost fighting?

My vote changed to NEW POKE

Nintendo probly has evos sitting around...and new evos rarely change type. We could go onto the next poll as an actual poll with options for typing that people have suggested:

Ghost/Fighting
Fighting/Flying
Grass/Fire
Fire/Dragon w/ Levitate lol
Ice/Electric
Anything paired with Electric

And maybe some other suggested type combos that seem popular. A cool one would be Ghost/Psychic or Electric/Psychic. We need some new dual type psychics...maybe a Psychic/DARK!!!!! That would be awesome.

Why not just make a new poke line that is ghost fighting?

My vote changed to NEW POKE

Nintendo probly has evos sitting around...and new evos rarely change type. We could go onto the next poll as an actual poll with options for typing that people have suggested:

Ghost/Fighting
Fighting/Flying
Grass/Fire
Fire/Dragon w/ Levitate lol
Ice/Electric
Anything paired with Electric

And maybe some other suggested type combos that seem popular. A cool one would be Ghost/Psychic or Electric/Psychic. We need some new dual type psychics...maybe a Psychic/DARK!!!!! That would be awesome.
Ghost Psychic is a no. 4x Pursuit weakness FTL!

where's the poll?
I think we should give Tropius an evo- Grass/Dragon base 600, it carries on the 4 times weakness to ice, like the other base 600 dragons, so it wouldn't be broken.

where's the poll?
I think we should give Tropius an evo- Grass/Dragon base 600, it carries on the 4 times weakness to ice, like the other base 600 dragons, so it wouldn't be broken.
Biggest. Double. Edged. Sword. Ever. ;;

Weak to Bug, Flying, Poison, Dragon, and guess what else.

Though, it does fit with the whole, "K WE MAKE DRAGONITE, SALAMENCE, GARCHOMP, AND FLYGON x4 WEAK TO ICE FOR NO REASON TEE HEE."

How, it does have 3 x4 resistances to Electric, Grass, and Water, so that's neat. :D

I haven't seen/played Darkstalkers, but taking a look at the sprites I could really see that working. The huge arms deal could also fuse well with it's stats (not particularly fast or tough but very powerful).

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
where's the poll?
I really liked this idea. Tropius is the ony one of those apparently-fully-evolved pokémon that I still see evolving. And BubblegumAngie pretty much pointed out the pros and cons already. By the way, it gets a Ground resist too (okay, he was immune when a Tropius, but still).

And, with those Base Stats, I see it being a defensive pokémon with Draco Meteor (._.) and Leaf Storm backing it up. Would a defensive Grass/Dragon pokémon work in OU, or at least be too overpowered for UU? That'd be a good topic for future discussions.

EDIT: Lol wtf, Tropius has 99 Base HP.

Tropious makes a great tank, i say we don't tamper with it.

Go with Bannette or Dunsparce

People like Fade Away show how we need to start reading.

And, with those Base Stats, I see it being a defensive pokémon with Draco Meteor (._.) and Leaf Storm backing it up. Would a defensive Grass/Dragon pokémon work in OU, or at least be too overpowered for UU? That'd be a good topic for future discussions.
Mmm, Altaria.

And, for the realistic post, I think it could.

Switch it into a Surf/Thunder/Thunderbolt/Solarbeam/Energy Ball/etc., and hope it can try to set up a sweep before you say hi to...

Jynx, Weavile, any Water-type, etc.

Under the same note of relating Banette to Lei-Lei/Hsien-Ko, I could see some of the characters influencing new evolutions.

Like, I could oddly see a B.B. Hood-inspired Pachirisu evolution. Yeah. ;;

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Mmm, Altaria.

And, for the realistic post, I think it could.

Switch it into a Surf/Thunder/Thunderbolt/Solarbeam/Energy Ball/etc., and hope it can try to set up a sweep before you say hi to...

Jynx, Weavile, any Water-type, etc.
Ah, good point with Altaria. But Altaria has 70 base Sp. Attack, and Tropius has 72. If we are going to evolve it, it's probably going to get higher Sp. Attack, and then it's going to be a lor more dangerous.

And with that "I think it could", it could what? Work in OU? Be too overpowered in UU? Be usable in UU? Be the first Dragon pokémon to ever reach NU? (okay no)

Ah, good point with Altaria. But Altaria has 70 base Sp. Attack, and Tropius has 72. If we are going to evolve it, it's probably going to get higher Sp. Attack, and then it's going to be a lor more dangerous.

And with that "I think it could", it could what? Work in OU? Be too overpowered in UU? Be usable in UU? Be the first Dragon pokémon to ever reach NU? (okay no)
I think it could = I think it could work in OU.

Silly you.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Even if we did that, it would be BL and wouldn't tank well with the 4x ice weak and the other 2x weaks.
You do realize they both have Roost and Altaria does have Dragon Dance, so it isn't as if speed is an issue, Tropius can raise speed with Sunny Day (although that makes it fire bait, although Infernape isn't particularly fond of Air Slash)

I don't know... For some reason I dislike the Idea of a tropius evo. I kind of wish there was a miltank evo. Although I would also prefer something more special wall-like seeing as the only ones ever used are blissey, umbreon, regice, and milotic.:/

I think about how quickly we switched from Banette to Tropius, and I'll just put my vote back into Original Pokemon.

I mean, I guess Farfetch'd might come back.

Or even WarLax.

Oh well.

You do realize they both have Roost and Altaria does have Dragon Dance, so it isn't as if speed is an issue, Tropius can raise speed with Sunny Day (although that makes it fire bait, although Infernape isn't particularly fond of Air Slash)
You do realize that even if Sunny Day is in effect, it can't hurt anything with its mediocre attacking stats unless we bump it up in an evolution. With a 4x weakness ot Ice, 2x weakness to Poison, Flying, Bug, and Dragon, it doesn't make a good tank/wall considering that all good teams run at least 1 of those attacks. All the other Dragons have at the most 3 weaknesses, Rock, Dragon, and Ice for Mence/Altaria/Dragonite, so this new Tropius Grass/Dragon Evo is going to be outclassed in almost every way unless we gave it insanely ridiculous stat distributions or a signiture move or trait that makes it stand out.

farfetch'd or banette is probably the best idea. tropius is kind of hard to save without like trait: ice absorb

I'm getting really close to saying screw the evo idea.

You guys are ridiculous. Doug was joking.... I see some really good stuff in the form of the Banette discussion, and then you go and ruin it. I'm really, really leaning towards going with all original just because of how big a can of worms making an evo is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)