CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
New pokemon

A new pokemon has many more options, and lets us explore new aventues. A new evo locks us into building off an established base, and makes it much more idfficult to make something truly unique.

I want this pokemon to be a pre-evo for both the Tauros and Miltank lines. Breed something holding MooMooMilk with a Miltank and have the baby evolve into a Tauros if it's male; Miltank if it's female. And have this pokemon learn a different set of egg moves for each gender it can be (I would love a way to get Flare Blitz and Megahorn onto Tauros, but Miltank having them would be a little weird. So only a male baby would be able to have those two moves passed to it. A female would have a different list of egg moves, but be the same pokemon).

No stranger than either of them shooting fire or ice... which they both do poorly at, but still can DO.

I support this with the idea of Milk Drink Tauros. Milk Drink Anger Point stalling could be nice, but in general, having healing would set it apart from other physical brute normals. Still, Miltank has horns enough for Megahorn, though how would it get both that AND Flare Blitz? No Pokemon I know can hold them both, as the only way to get Megahorn would be Rhyperior and he can't Blitz.

I'd stay clear of Ghost/Steel with levitate. Its only weakness would be fire then.

On another note, I'd like to see new moves. Rather than just spicing up our new creations, let's give existing ones new moves as well. Maybe a new weather?

An acid rain weather to boost Poison types would be nice as well!

As a big fan of Banette in ADV, I would love to see an evolution. It's not fair that Dusclops got one. When I first saw the name Dusknoir, I was like, "zomg new Banette!?!11". I was let down.

EVO:
Heres a few ideas

Rotom Evo:yay for super powerful special sweeper.

Drifblim evo: Hindenburg Evo ^_^. Do it now.

Banette evo: Dusclops got one, it eserves on too

Farfetche'd Evo: You know you want one. It's been way to long, and he deserves one

Ditto evo: Lets make it NOT a peice of crap

Dunsparce evo: He's due for 1

Qwilfish evo: I really didn't even know about this thing for a while

Swalot Evo: Fat lard ftw

Relicanth Evo: Super powerful.

Mawile Evo: Lets make him beat Registeel

Surskit alt. Evo: Let him keep his typing. It's his only redeeming factor

Luvdisc evo: So awesome

EVO:
Heres a few ideas

Rotom Evo:yay for super powerful special sweeper.

Drifblim evo: Hindenburg Evo ^_^. Do it now.

Banette evo: Dusclops got one, it eserves on too

Farfetche'd Evo: You know you want one. It's been way to long, and he deserves one

Ditto evo: Lets make it NOT a peice of crap

Dunsparce evo: He's due for 1

Qwilfish evo: I really didn't even know about this thing for a while

Swalot Evo: Fat lard ftw

Relicanth Evo: Super powerful.

Mawile Evo: Lets make him beat Registeel

Surskit alt. Evo: Let him keep his typing. It's his only redeeming factor

Luvdisc evo: So awesome
you're forgetting Jynx, we need a new Jynx

Evolution- (banette is my vote) Physical sweeping ou ghost sounds great, especially with frisk/insomnia.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
New Pokemon

After seeing how Syclant turned out, I think a new pokemon requires more creativity and allows us more freedom to do whatever we want with movesets, ability, etc. An evo could be very fun, so I won't be disappointed if we go in that direction. I have very little interest in a pre-evo.

Evolution

IMO there are way too many garbage pokemon that are just taking up space. Also thinking up new type combos from old pokes is fun ^__^

my personal choices:

Farfetch'd Evolves to a Fighting/Flying Pokemon!

-awesome type (beaten only by zapdos/rotom, rivals quakebeam, better than boltbeam, nearly as good as shadow kick (ghost fighting), neutral to sr, immune to spikes/ts)

-classic poke (remember trading spearow for it in red/blue?)

-totally deserving (farfetch'd is garbage and has been ignored for THREE GENS)

-its easy to get carried away with a new one, imo syclant was "too inventive", like when a new trait needed to be made after everyone got all excited about an awesome offensive type traded for 4x sr weak

Banette evolves to a Ghost/Fighting Pokemon!

again awesome coverage, but not as deserving as farfetched imo

Volbeat/Illumise Evolve to a Bug/psychic Pokemon!

another awesome coverage although weak to sr. again less deserving/cool than farfetch'd

I'm gonna have to vote for New Pokemon.

Evolution just seems like it lays out so much of the groundwork that it really isn't the community's effort anymore. I feel like Syclant was built from the ground up, and I much prefer that to having a framework and only two or three options from then on. It doesn't make sense to try to have a pokemon be usable just because "it deserves an evolution." We should try to vary the game as much as possible, and I think a new Pokemon is the best way to do this.

CyzirVisheen

Am I poplar yet?
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Let's see, either make another new pokemon, or create an evolution... On the one hand, if we evolve a pre-existing pokemon, it will make for an easier process. We'll be able to easily create the base stats and the movepool, and it won't be too much of a hassle to create the art. Additionally we'd be able to make a UU/NU pokemon, such as Chatot, Farfetch'd or Dunsparce, more usable. On the other hand, creating a new pokemon would make it easier to mold. It would also provide much more creativity in terms of actual design. We could come up with a new pokemon based on stuff like goats, knights and hydras (HYDRAS!). Honestly, I'd have to go with create a new pokemon, as I love having the freedom of creativity. Though if we did go the evolution route, I would suggest Farfetch'd, Chatot, Stantler, and Banette.

EDIT: Just did a preliminary count of votes (ONLY THE BOLD VOTES, THOUGH). How long is this going to be open, exactly? Anyways, here's the results so far:
New Pokemon - 17
Evolved Pokemon - 20

):
Oh well, if we do go the evo route, I once again suggest Farfetch'd, Chatot, Stantler and Banette. I'd also like to toss in Sableye, Mawile and Volbeat/Illumise. Luvdisc deserves to rot in the depths of NU, though.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I have almost no doubt that if we do attempt to evolve a Pokemon it's going to be farfetch'd, but I really do think this restricts us a little too much. Everyone seems to want it to be flying / Fighting, and it really doesn't seem as if we're doing anything new. People have dreamed of a Farfetch'd evo that's flying / fight for years now. If we do this we're seriously hampering our creativity and I do not believe it's what's best for the community. We shouldn't come into this with pre-concieved (mis, invariably)conceptions about what we're going to make, and inevitibly the end product is going to end up being something that people will look at and say "Yawn, I had those ideas years ago". If we want to come up with something totally new, something that we want people to look at and say "Wow, I wish I'd thought of that", then if we chose to do an evo then we're going about doing it the wrong way.

you make a good argument, but apart from the feeling on a new evo expressed above, i feel like it would be an excercise in "creative moderation". TBH i feel like people went a little crazy with syclant (totally arbitrary/"strange" looking base stats, a wicked offensive typing done in by 4x weak, for which we kind of "wasted" its traitslot)

regardless, fight/fly will get my vote if it's a new poke

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
i would explain why i think we should have a totaly new pokemon but my computor is messing up seriously, i may not be in this much for a few days.

Well, if this will get as good as the first one, there'll likely be a third one. So if everyone really wants to have a server, with many self-made pokemon on it, why don't the two modes (evo-new) take turns?
Sure, I'd rather have a new selfmade pokemon, but if the evo wins, the next process could be newmade for sure (and the other way around).
€: Imagine the next "poll" if we do an evo: 85% of all users will end up angry, because their favorite pokemon didn't get the evo. That would also be a bitch to count, since there are really many evolve-able pokemon out there..

Alternative evolution for Golbat . Evolves with Dusk stone over happiness . It should be gargoyle-like as i have it in my head . What do you say?

I really think there isn't much of a choice here.

If we are doing this to present it to Nintendo: They will definitively not want a Pokemon that they created to be retuned by fans. I wouldn't be surprised if the first time we make a (pre-)evo of their Pokemon, that WILL stop them from publishing ANY of our Pokemon.

If we are doing this to help the competitive metagame: Just think of the creative possibilities that come from making our own Pokemon. We can legitimately make a Pokemon to fill ANY ROLE IMAGINABLE.

New Poke

New Pokemon
Let Nintendo think of the new evolutions. Making entirely new Pokemon is more fun.
Shouldn't there be a poll for this? I don't see it.

I also would like prefer this Pokémon to be UU/BL but with an awesome niche- like Clefable which is UU but it has a great unique ability. Something with mediocre stats, but great movepool, ability and typing would be more fun than something with great stats imo. I'd like it to be a support Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)