CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first ever post on Smogon!
I've been lurking for almost a year, and voted on each step of
Syclant's creation. I definetly belive that we should once again create a new Pokemon, for the reasons already stated. I think Nintendo can do what it wishes with their own Pokemon, and we should limit our creations to our own ideas.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
First, Tentacruel has no basis evolving into part Ghost. Prevo was Water/Poison, current is Water/Poison. Moreover, why would we want to take away the sexy Toxic Spikes absorbing.

Sure, it removes a Ground and Psychic weakness for a Normal and Fighting immunity, but it also makes it weak to Grass, Ghost, and Dark attacks. (The rest of the chart is basically unchanged.)

Why would we want to make Tenta Pursuit bait and remove its most usefull functions just to say "hai Gamefreak we perverted your concept thats been in every gen since RBY basically unchanged!"

If there is one though, I'm pulling for Bannette. Farfetch'd is cool and all, but we already have 6 normal/flyers. Our Pure Ghosts are in short supply.

Hm...

I'm thinking this over. As much fun as a new evo would be, it seems it is very limited in what we would do. Farfetch'd = Fight/Flying, Bannette = Ghost/Fighting. See DougJustDoug, CyzirVisheen (goat Pokemon ftw), and Lord_Sunday for reasoning.

Hm... who do those three sound like? Yeah, basically, this has two more days before I count the votes. If there is not a significant lead on creating an evo, I am going to go with entire new Pokemon. Evo's have been done before, albeit poorly, but the concepts are ingrained into the community's head.

Basically. freedom > restriction.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
hmmm close poll... im going to go with a new pokemon for the simple reason that a. we dont know what gamefreak already has planned for future gens and b. i think that we would be much more limited on what we could choose if we went with an evo. fire/water ftw!

Deck Knight

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm just going to reiterate what I said before:

If we're going to make a new pokemon evolution, we should try and keep it to the design of the original, just make it better.

All I've seen so far is "Lets evolve something and slap on a fighting type YAHYAHYAH!"

Farfetch'd is a leek carrying bird. All of a sudden it becomes part fighting because what, we want it to decimate with Close Combat and Brave Bird all that dared mock it before?

Are we just going to ignore the fact it basically has balanced stats and just run with 72/125/65/63/72/100 in order to faciliatate our dreams of sweeping Farfetch'd?

Neither Farfetch'd nor Banette even get Fighting attacks. At least Gardevior gets Focus Blast (and Stone Evolution under unique circumstances doesn't hurt Gallade's sense of purpose.)

All I'm saying is we should be respectful of the original design, whether we like it's effectiveness or not. Otherwise we're just bringing in arbitrary crap for the sake of doing so under the pretense "its not really arbitrary cause we're working off an existing model, see? There are 4 lights."

Farfetch'd is a leek carrying bird. All of a sudden it becomes part fighting because what, we want it to decimate with Close Combat and Brave Bird all that dared mock it before?
Farfetch'd would be part Fighting because he's a friggin' samurai and there isn't a Poke of that type combo yet.

Deck Knight

Farfetch'd would be part Fighting because he's a friggin' samurai and there isn't a Poke of that type combo yet.
Kangaskahn is a freakin' Kangaroo she should be part Fighting!

Rampardos is a dinosaur it should be part Fighting!

Scyther is a ninja it should be part Fighting!

Sunflora has leafy arms it should be part Fighting!

Ambipom is a monkey with huge fists it should be part Fighting!

Kangaskahn is a freakin' Kangaroo she should be part Fighting!
Based on the designs, it is a nurturing Kangaroo, so Fighting ouldn't make sense.

Rampardos is a dinosaur it should be part Fighting!
If it was a Dinosaur, rock is fine. Exctinct = Fossil = Rock. Fighting wouldn't even make any sense, flavour wise.

Scyther is a ninja it should be part Fighting!
Where do you get Ninja from? Ninjask is a Ninja. Shedninja is a Ninja.

Sunflora has leafy arms it should be part Fighting!
Flavour wise, that makes no sense. It is a flower. How would it fight? No hands.

Ambipom is a monkey with huge fists it should be part Fighting!
It learns fighitng moves....<_<
I understand what your getting at, but your examples aren't good. Farfetch'd has every right to evolve into a Fighting type. Flavour wise it would work. Leek = Sword = Samurai = Fighiting.

New Pokemon

Hopefully with something like what was mentioned in the first page, an ability that removes any spikes from the fiield when coming in :o!

I understand what your getting at, but your examples aren't good. Farfetch'd has every right to evolve into a Fighting type. Flavour wise it would work. Leek = Sword = Samurai = Fighiting.
Deck Knight was a little drastic. It's hard not to see Fighting on Farfetch'd. I think his logic applies to Bannete more. How many of you want a Pure Ghost evo of Bannete? No one. Most of you just want STAB on Fighting/Ghost and see him as the best way to accomplish this. A new Pokemon could have a better design for it. Honestly, how does Ghost Doll say Fighting besides the fact that it can exploit it.

Evolution of an existing pokemon

I think jynx deserves an evo, it's the last of the electabuzz/magmar/jynx trio, and last gen it got left behind.

Of course we just did an ice pokemon, so really >.>
Stupid Syclant <.<

That's the most ridiculous idea I've ever heard. They so aren't ninja. Where would you get that idea?
Um....Its name? <_<. And the fact that every Ninja Boy/Girl in the games have a Ninjask. And the fact that they are [Minus Shedy] super fast. Also Shedy is ghost for a reason and gets Shadow Sneak. Its a ninja looking thing, that can sneak aroun in the shadows and harm things unexpectedly w/o getting a scratch on it.

@ Hyra: I don't even want Baenette to evolve. It doesn't make any sense to even go into a fighiting type. MY Fakemon makes a crap load of sense though. And yes, Im bringing it up again. Because if there is a chance for a New Evo, I want mine to be heard. Last time was way too early and now is the perfect chance. Steel/Normal, Munchlax evo.
Sweeper/Bellydrummer - esque/Min-wall. Fits well with what I pictured it to be. If you guys still reject that, then fine. But give it a chance. i understand I gave too much info, and I mistakenly gave that thinking with more info, you wouild be more prone to accepting it. I put a load of thought into it and I want it to at least be thought about. I'll give up on it if you want me too. Im just saying, other than the Farfethc'd thing, it works well with what Nintendo already created. I just want to say one more thing: If it is accepted, I want to keep the idea, keep the move "Bell Toll" so it would fit with what I thought it would be. If you need inspiration to my idea, I was playing around on Photoshop made a bad image of what I thought it would look like. I can't upload it today since im leaving soon, but I can tomorrow.

Hm... Wow... We really messed up with "our ideas"

Farfetch'd learns no Fighting moves. It learns Night Slash and Poison Jab instead. While conceptually Fight/Flying might work, Farfetch'd's learn set does not support it.

Banette also lacks Fighting moves. I see it being Ghost/Dark, Ghost/Electric, or Ghost/Fire before Ghost/Fighting.

Dunsparce at least learns Shadow Ball. But it has more Rock moves than Ghost moves. I see Normal/Rock or Rock/Ghost before Normal/Ghost.

Hah, Tentaghoul. Tentacruel is OU for one. Two, it has been Water/Poison for ever. This Pokemon is the least deserving of an evo.

Also, we are not doing pre-evos. We are designing competitive Pokemon. Not a genderless cow.

@ GengarCrysis:

No offense, but that was one of the worst Fakemon idea's I have ever seen.

NEW POKEMON

Why should we limit ourselves? It's not as if by evolving Bannette we're making it more usable. In fact, by evolving something in a lower tier than OU, we can cause elitist UU metagamers to complain about "OU-lite". We would be exiling a pokemon to true limbo while replacing it with something that is essentially new. Because of Weavile, Sneasel is useless, even in UU. The same goes for Gligar, Tangela, and a host of others whose move up to OU left some in the UU metagame bereft of pokemon they enjoyed using.

Smogon surely has enough creativity to create a new pokemon without having to rely on old designs. I would rather leave old pokemon to Nintendo to evolve on their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 0)