CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Sunday I didn't see that one, nope.

Anyway, aside from the sarcism I check out what Bailey said about Ironwood Tree. Looks like an interesting tree to base an pokemon on.

If that's true then I'm all for it though Steel/Grass irk me alot. I mean how does one depict Steel/Grass without making it look more like a damn steel type with sword blade shooting out it's back.
Ironwood Tree? I like the idea of Steel/Grass as well.

Grass/Electric would be nice, but just as hard to think of a design for. Ultimate Water killer FTW.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Walls aren't meant to be fast, almost by definition. But yeah Gliscor is more of a tank.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
We really should avoid using Fire as a type on this pokemon. It's the only type remaining that is weak to Rock. As such, it is weak to Stealth Rock. After all the crap we went through with Syclant and its rock weakness, I'd really like to avoid SR weakness on this next one.

If we choose a Fire type, then we have to combine it with Fighting, Ground, or Steel. We already have Infernape and Heatran. Camerupt blows, but I don't think Fire/Ground can be saved anyway. The weaknesses are just too common.

If Fire was eliminated, we could guarantee this Pokemon isn't weak to SR, which would be a relief, after the struggles with Syclant.

Um, Syclant has great stats for a mix-sweeper, so having a few weaknesses isn't that bad. Plus, most sweepers are meant to get owned by a few types of attacks, such as Aerodactyl and Weavile.

I'd really want a Fire/Water pokemon with Yin-Yang ability or something since the type matching is Yin-Yang.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm not saying you can't make a Rock weakness work. You can. It was just such a constant drone on the Syclant threads. Admitted, Syclant was carrying a 4x weak to Rock, so it was a magnified problem. But, right now, it seems like Stealth Rock is SO overplayed in the metagame. There will be all sorts of SR discussions with this pokemon, no matter what we do. Indirect damage, the ability to spin away indirect damage, the ability to block spin, the ability to counter the spin blockers, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. I'm so fucking sick of it!

Yes, it's a way of life in today's metagame. But, do we really need to invite even more focus on it, by creating a pokemon weak to Rock? Yes, the other spikes come into play -- but they're nowhere near as prevalent as SR.

I love the idea of Fire/Water (although I think of "steam"). Actually I love the idea of lots of Fire combinations. A true Fire/Ghost "Will-o-wisp" (where do you think the move got it's name?). Fire/Dragon -- How can this NOT be done by now? C'mon Fire Dragons are the most common dragon type in all sorts of gaming lore. I could go on.

I just don't want to deal with any more Stealth Rock talk than is absolutely necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)