Smogon Fantasy Basketball '12-'13

Here we go again! Season starts in a little less than a month, so it's probably a good time to start planning the draft date and keeper players for the keeper league. I sent an e-mail reminder to everyone who was in the league last year. I'll try to send pms too if I can correctly remember who's who. If you didn't receive an invite and participated last year, let me know!

Anyone interested in participating feel free to post (keeper league is full, unless someone from last year doesn't return). There will most likely be a second league as in previous years. Not sure if Limitless will run it again, but it will happen in any case. If there is enough interest we can add other leagues as well, maybe with different formats (roto, auction, 20 teams, etc).

Keeper League information:

Tentative Draft Date: Sat Oct 20 7:30pm ADT

Tentative deadline to select keeper players: Wednesday October 17, 2012

Yahoo seems to have some new keeper management rules. You can go to My Team and select Choose Keepers to designate keeper players (don't choose more than 3!).

For now I'm sticking with the same rules as before: up to 3 keepers, each keeper means you begin drafting one round later (e.g. I keep 2 players, I begin drafting in round 3), draft order is random.

If you guys feel like trying something different, let me know!

I only like points leagues. I'm guessing these are not points leagues?
The keeper league is head-to-head categories, but the secondary can be whatever. Last year it was rotisserie, but points is pretty cool. I guess it will be up to popular opinion. If some people want to play in more than 1 league we can create multiple with different formats.

Is there anyway we can change the keepers again so if I took someone in a late round it takes up that rounds pick instead of a top 3

The keeper league is head-to-head categories, but the secondary can be whatever. Last year it was rotisserie, but points is pretty cool. I guess it will be up to popular opinion. If some people want to play in more than 1 league we can create multiple with different formats.
Alright, that would be pretty cool. I'm just not a big fan of rotisserie really. Never have been. Not sure why. I play with points only in fantasy baseball too!

Is there anyway we can change the keepers again so if I took someone in a late round it takes up that rounds pick instead of a top 3
I've though about doing something like that, but I always think it could create some imbalance. I'm also not sure if using last year draft is better than using some sort of ranking list. I've also been thinking about limits on how long a team can keep the same player. We could experiment a bit... again, it's up to what everyone wants. I've always thought something like this would be easier in an auction/cap limit structure.

Post your opinions!

I've though about doing something like that, but I always think it could create some imbalance. I'm also not sure if using last year draft is better than using some sort of ranking list. I've also been thinking about limits on how long a team can keep the same player. We could experiment a bit... again, it's up to what everyone wants. I've always thought something like this would be easier in an auction/cap limit structure.

Post your opinions!
That is mostly true, but I think it just adds value to keeping watch on guys throughout the year and taking chances in the draft for future years. Unless you really think a guy is gonna have top 5-10 potential or actually is a top 5 pick it almost doesnt make sense to keep him if you gotta kill your first pick on him

As for limits, it should be only one season. You keep a guy going into next season then you gotta let him go back into the draft, otherwise everyone's going to basically retain their core going foward

Well I've only ever played points (H2H) so I'm biased in that opinion, but if there is a more, ah, broad scoring style to get more people to play I"m down with that

People interested so far:

macle
Randombobman
YTP
Byrne
pookar

I will probably play in the second league as well. Anyone in the keeper league can also play here as well if they want! H2H-Points seems to be the most requested format for now.

man I wish I had enough time to keep up with 2 leagues, but I don't think I do :\

anyway for the main league, I'm not going to keep anyone this year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)